More than likely won't happen

JWs might talk about it

Perhaps a few magazines

Nothing, absolutely nothing

Prime

United States

#22 Jan 13, 2010
sgc wrote:
Jehovahs Witnesses spend over one billion hours in the ministry each year helping people to look for the true cure the worlds problems, Gods Kingdom. This is harmony with what Jesus commanded his followers to do at Matthew 28:19,20. Any group of people who would put that much time into following Jesus command to preach, would, and certainly do put just as much time into following his command to "love his nieghbor as himself".
What a joke!
SDA-La

United States

#23 Jan 13, 2010
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be interested in seeing actual documentation or proof that the WTS is "ALWAYS first on the scene and MOST ORGANIZED providing aid" to those stricken by these disasters.....OTHER than through a WTS publication, someone hearing it at a public talk, or seeing it mentioned on a forum like this one, that is.
Honey... just contact the Government officials in Haiti. They sometimes must officially authorize assistance efforts and give the go ahead just as in any other country. We usually are the FIRST and the most ORGANIZED as so we are even sometimes put in charge or take the lead. Newspaper articles from Hurricane Andrew are the lengthiest about our efforts. Great witness to the world, tho we are not seeking praise from others. We don't have to advertise since we are over 7 million strong and individually spread any news we have to share. Don't need newspapers to do it.
Hope that answers some of the doubts you may have. Just research.. and you will find. Smile.
Prime

United States

#24 Jan 13, 2010
What? what a bunch of hogwash! The JW are always first on the scene to help? ROTFLMAO! The truth is that whenever their involved in any capacity it's always to help other JW and if they accidentally help someone else well that was not their intention! ND you are wrong about them helping during Katrina the only time I have seen or heard anything about them helping was a news report that said they were helping rebuild homes but THEY WERE COLLECTING INSURANCE MONEY GETTING PAID THAT IS NOT CHARITABLE WORKS!
Jojo

Fishers, IN

#25 Jan 13, 2010
Everytime there is a major disaster as such, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society sends letters to the congregation- updating the congregation on the news in that area and what we can do to help out.

This has information from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hall_of_...

Disaster relief

Disaster relief efforts of Jehovah's Witnesses are typically channeled through branch offices, and are staged at Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls as close as practical to the disaster area. Major disaster relief efforts include:

* War: During the Rwandan Genocide in 1994, a Kingdom Hall property in Goma (then Zaire, now Democratic Republic of the Congo) housed 1600 Witness and non-Witness refugees. In July 1994, relief workers set up a 60-bed relief hospital at the Kingdom Hall, as well as a water treatment system.[26]

* Earthquake: Following the Great Hanshin earthquake in 1995, six Kingdom Halls in Kobe, Japan were used as relief centers and supply depots.[27][28][29]

* Storm: In the ten months following Tropical Storm Allison in 2001, seven Kingdom Halls were used as relief centers to dispatch volunteer crews and to store tools and materials while they organized 11,700 volunteers to repair or rebuild 723 homes.[30]

For over two years after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005, Kingdom Halls were used as relief centers, warehouses, and fuel depots. Nearly 17,000 Witness volunteers repaired more than 5,600 homes and 90 Kingdom Halls during their extended relief effort in the United States' Gulf Coast region.[31]

* Volcano: On January 18, 2002, the day after the eruption of Mount Nyiragongo, six Kingdom Halls in the vicinity received three tons of basic necessities and housed 1800 refugees. One week later, these relief centers were providing daily rations to 5000 people.[32]

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#26 Jan 13, 2010
***Jehovahs Witnesses spend over one billion hours in the ministry each year helping people to look for the true cure the worlds problems, Gods Kingdom.***

`

This is most helpful to explain to those who are trapped under buildings or those who have no homes to return to because of the earthquake in Haiti.

Perhaps you can place a WT mag with them that will tell them that for AT LEAST 40-50 YEARS,

the WTS has been teaching that SOON (IT'S JUST AROUND THE CORNER, IT IS IMMINENT NOW and WE ARE ON THE THRESH HOLD OF).....

that this paradise earth will arrive.....

while countless starving people have died in the meantime.

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#27 Jan 13, 2010
SDA-La wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey... just contact the Government officials in Haiti. They sometimes must officially authorize assistance efforts and give the go ahead just as in any other country. We usually are the FIRST and the most ORGANIZED as so we are even sometimes put in charge or take the lead. Newspaper articles from Hurricane Andrew are the lengthiest about our efforts. Great witness to the world, tho we are not seeking praise from others. We don't have to advertise since we are over 7 million strong and individually spread any news we have to share. Don't need newspapers to do it.
Hope that answers some of the doubts you may have. Just research.. and you will find. Smile.
Honey....they just said on TV to NOT call Haiti as the phone lines are down and there is no way to contact much of anyone at this point in time.

It is not a matter of "praise" it is a matter of reality. For one to make such a blatant statement as I referenced earlier...it would be helpful to actually SEE some documentation and PROOF to support the declaration.

Smile.
Pat

AOL

#28 Jan 13, 2010
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey....they just said on TV to NOT call Haiti as the phone lines are down and there is no way to contact much of anyone at this point in time.
It is not a matter of "praise" it is a matter of reality. For one to make such a blatant statement as I referenced earlier...it would be helpful to actually SEE some documentation and PROOF to support the declaration.
Smile.
Yup you cannot call not even cell phones are working but help is on the way they said it is almost impossible to get through to Haiti USA humanitarian relief is on the way now and they are also sending search and rescue teams with dogs in .

“Tight lines”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#29 Jan 13, 2010
Down here, the clothing drives are already happening.
Nobody is really sure exactly HOW to get this stuff across the straights yet but, the wheels are already in motion at a local level both at the Kingdom Hall and in Churches around the community.
Distrubution is the biggest roadblock right now.

I will not be able to go over there myself to help out but, I am sure that a handfull of Witnesses from over here WILL go over to do what they can.
I would love to see the United States Military get involved also but, I don't know how all of that works with legalities and such.
A pearl before swine

High Point, NC

#30 Jan 13, 2010
Why waste time replying to ignorance?
Prime

United States

#31 Jan 13, 2010
A pearl before swine wrote:
So you saying we shouldn't reply to the witnesses? Just let them continue to believe the lies of the Watchtower?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#32 Jan 13, 2010
A pearl before swine wrote:
Then don't reply EE or Yuni or NR, whichever one you are.:)

“Tight lines”

Location hidden

#33 Jan 13, 2010
Prime wrote:
<quoted text>So you saying we shouldn't reply to the witnesses? Just let them continue to believe the lies of the Watchtower?
Well Prime,
If YOU don’t reply to the Witnesses and the Witnesses don’t reply to the apostates, then this board would probably be a much more pleasant place to visit.
The apostates could just have a gay old time trashing Witnesses on this Witness board with the full knowledge that they can do so in safety and only with people who agree with them
Witnesses can discuss spiritual things with the safety of knowing that apostates won’t come on and start trashing them.
Sound like a Win/Win
Good idea Prime.

Location hidden

#34 Jan 13, 2010
florida native wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Prime,
If YOU don’t reply to the Witnesses and the Witnesses don’t reply to the apostates, then this board would probably be a much more pleasant place to visit.
The apostates could just have a gay old time trashing Witnesses on this Witness board with the full knowledge that they can do so in safety and only with people who agree with them
Witnesses can discuss spiritual things with the safety of knowing that apostates won’t come on and start trashing them.
Sound like a Win/Win
Good idea Prime.
You forgot to mention the witnesses could continue to have a gay old time trashing anyone who does not believe as they do anymore. Why do you think you all enjoy calling everyone apostate? Without that word, what would you call us?:) The witnesses are not the innocent ones here either FN.
Pat

AOL

#35 Jan 13, 2010
Doctors without borders have said there are no hospitals left standing estimate over 100000 dead and counting .Prisons have fallen down and prisoners have escaped US navy and military on the way to help .The media is asking that people donate to reputable charities that will aid those in need which is many .They are having after shocks now to . What a mess .
Lars Calier

United States

#36 Jan 13, 2010
JWs will definitely help their own. JWs of all religions have a family mentality towards other witnesses, true "brothers and sisters" and they respond impressively toward their own.

But there is a brotherly love gap for "worldly" people which is embarrassing. Any JW knows little more than an interest in having a Bible study or placing magazines exists for non JWs, which is sad. In general, JWs are intensely interested if you're a potential convert, but will otherwise leave others to fend for themselves, a sad commentary on the failure of this religion to instil true brotherly love for mankind in general.

LC

“Tight lines”

Location hidden

#37 Jan 13, 2010
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention the witnesses could continue to have a gay old time trashing anyone who does not believe as they do anymore. Why do you think you all enjoy calling everyone apostate? Without that word, what would you call us?:) The witnesses are not the innocent ones here either FN.
In all fairness Karen:
"Forums and message boards for Jehovah's Witness"
The key word there is "FOR".
Correct me if I am wrong but, you are not a Jehovahs Witness, are you?
Therefore, this board is not FOR you.
Honestly, if we did not call you "apostate", we would call you "opposers" which in this case seems to be one and the same.
But again, if you do not like the fact that people on a board FOR Witnesses will oppose your anti-witness views, then you are free to seek out or even create an anti-Witness board.
You can join Rick Ross website and enjoy conversation with like minded people.
Maybe you can even organize a mob to burn down a few Kingdom halls.
Lars Calier

United States

#38 Jan 13, 2010
Some other factors...

GENERAL STATISTICS AND PREVALENCE

At the end of 2008, an estimated 240,000 people were living with HIV and AIDS in the Caribbean. Some 20,000 people were newly infected during 2008, and there were 12,000 deaths due to AIDS.
In two countries in this region - the Bahamas and Haiti - more than 2% of the adult population is living with HIV. Higher prevalence rates are found only in sub-Saharan Africa, making the Caribbean the second-most affected region in the world. Half of adults living with the virus are women.
AIDS is now one of the leading causes of death in some of these countries, with Haiti being the worst affected. An estimated 7,500 lives are lost each year to AIDS in Haiti, and thousands of children have been orphaned by the epidemic.

TRENDS AND TRANSMISSION ROUTES

Overall, the main route of HIV transmission in the Caribbean is heterosexual sex. Much of this transmission is associated with COMMERCIAL SEX, but the virus is also spreading in the general population, especially in Haiti. Sex between men is also a major factor in some countries' epidemics. Cultural and behavioural patterns (such as early initiation of sexual acts, and taboos related to sex and sexuality), gender inequalities, lack of confidentiality, stigmatization and economic need are some of the factors influencing vulnerability to HIV and AIDS in the Caribbean.

Haiti's HIV prevalence levels have been very high since the late 1980s. Although the rate among pregnant women fell between 1996 and 2004, it has since remained stable. With very low condom use among young people, and about 60% of the population under 24, much scope exists for renewed growth in Haiti's mainly heterosexually-transmitted epidemic. On the other side of Hispaniola Island, in the Dominican Republic, HIV prevalence declined slightly between 2002 and 2007, possibly because of prevention efforts that encouraged people to have fewer sexual partners and increase condom use.

Location hidden

#39 Jan 13, 2010
florida native wrote:
<quoted text>
In all fairness Karen:
"Forums and message boards for Jehovah's Witness"
The key word there is "FOR".
Correct me if I am wrong but, you are not a Jehovahs Witness, are you?
Therefore, this board is not FOR you.
Honestly, if we did not call you "apostate", we would call you "opposers" which in this case seems to be one and the same.
But again, if you do not like the fact that people on a board FOR Witnesses will oppose your anti-witness views, then you are free to seek out or even create an anti-Witness board.
You can join Rick Ross website and enjoy conversation with like minded people.
Maybe you can even organize a mob to burn down a few Kingdom halls.
LOL this is a very old way of trying to get around this. If you want to be truthful it is TOPIX. Topix is open to anyone who wishes to comment, it does not belong to anyone. When I first arrived here, I was still a JW, in the eyes of the organization I am still because I have not been DFed. SO I am very sure I am still being counted as one.

If we even want to be more correct, this board is not for You, this board contains those who you are NOT suppose to be speaking to, remember, not even so much as a hello? DFed, DAed, and those you all love calling apostates. Have you told your Elders? Oh wait, I bet you yourself may be an Elder but have doubts, so you come here defending when in truth you are trying to decide yourself to stay or leave. Why else would a "GOOD JW" be here? This is not an approved site for you is it? If you were to write to the GB and include this site for them to visit, I wonder if they would give you the okay to stay here among all of us "apostates"? Why don't some of you "GOOD JW's" try it and see?:)
Prime

United States

#40 Jan 13, 2010
florida native wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Prime,
Sound like a Win/Win
Good idea Prime.
You should run that by your fellow cult members after all you'd be cutting off their entertainment FN!

“Tight lines”

Location hidden

#41 Jan 13, 2010
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL this is a very old way of trying to get around this. If you want to be truthful it is TOPIX. Topix is open to anyone who wishes to comment, it does not belong to anyone. When I first arrived here, I was still a JW, in the eyes of the organization I am still because I have not been DFed. SO I am very sure I am still being counted as one.
If we even want to be more correct, this board is not for You, this board contains those who you are NOT suppose to be speaking to, remember, not even so much as a hello? DFed, DAed, and those you all love calling apostates. Have you told your Elders? Oh wait, I bet you yourself may be an Elder but have doubts, so you come here defending when in truth you are trying to decide yourself to stay or leave. Why else would a "GOOD JW" be here? This is not an approved site for you is it? If you were to write to the GB and include this site for them to visit, I wonder if they would give you the okay to stay here among all of us "apostates"? Why don't some of you "GOOD JW's" try it and see?:)
Spin it however you wish Karen but, if you are telling the truth about “once being a Witness”, then you and I both know that your words on this board are those of an apostate.
Furthermore, you did not come on this Witness board to have a nice discussion but rather, you came here to cause trouble plain and simple.
Even your “Opening Salvo” on this thread was meant as a dig towards the Witnesses.
It is a shame that you have decided that being a Christian is not the right path for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which One Is It? God Created Animals To Be Peac... 2 min Tony Price 77 106
My offer to study the Bible with anyone on this... 3 min Jace 163
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 6 min Anonymous Brother 24,297
Understanding the Form of God Phil 2 27 min sidgi 8
2016 convention paradise video 59 min RedhorseWoman 8
Are we perhaps not living in the Last Days? 1 hr RedhorseWoman 42
Scriptures that PROVE the 'Holy Trinity'! 1 hr rsss1 525
God= ONE Being...or THREE? (Sep '15) 1 hr rsss1 510
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 2 hr rsss1 8,837
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 8 hr Enuma Elish 2,894