Why is the NWT COMMITEE STILL NAMELESS?

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tao itness

United States

#2 Oct 6, 2013
for years Fred Franz had spread rumors that he was a Greek scholar, and lied about his credentials! come to find out he audited a course on conversational modern Greek! a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#3 Oct 6, 2013
Tao itness wrote:
for years Fred Franz had spread rumors that he was a Greek scholar, and lied about his credentials! come to find out he audited a course on conversational modern Greek! a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!
it was brought out at the meeting that they doubted if any of the translators of the KJV was anointed, but with those of the NWT they were all anointed brothers,(nameless because of humility not wanting fame) however didn't that Gerber what's his name help with the NWT?
red blood relative

United States

#4 Oct 6, 2013
well, they had to get rid of the black color, cause most christian bibles are black.

grey is way more seperate..... sorta like no birthdays and holidays, and no voting or blood transfusions.
Pam

Bakersfield, CA

#5 Oct 6, 2013
Dr SOS wrote:
If JEHOVAH PROTECTS THESE ANNOINTED ONES AND HELPS THEM WRITE AND REVISE,TRANSLATE THE NEW NWT THEN WHY ARE THEY STILL NAMELESS?
OH THATS RIGHT
THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
They are not nameless. The WTS is embarrassed by their lack of knowledge in languages that they didn;t know to interpret scripture.
A former member of the GB published their names.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6 Oct 7, 2013
They are hidden from active jw's. Helps keep the excitement and suspense alive, it's the only fun they are allowed to have.

Translators of the New World Translation
The following list of translators of the New World Translation is a compilation from a variety of sources:

Frederick W. Franz: Main translator. Took liberal arts sequence at University of Cincinnati; 21 semester hours of classical Greek, some Latin. Partially completed a two-hour survey course in Biblical Greek in junior year; course titled "The New Testament--A course in grammar and translation." Left in spring of 1914 before completing junior year. Self-taught in Spanish, biblical Hebrew and Aramaic. Entered Brooklyn headquarters facility of Watchtower Society in 1920. Probable ghost writer for J. F. Rutherford (2nd president of WTS) from late 1920s through 1942. Vice president of WTS from 1942 to 1977, president from 1977 until death in 1992 at age 99.

Franz writes in his autobiography: "What a blessing it was to study Bible Greek under Professor Arthur Kensella! Under Dr. Joseph Harry, an author of some Greek works, I also studied the classical Greek. I knew that if I wanted to become a Presbyterian clergyman, I had to have a command of Bible Greek. So I furiously applied myself and got passing grades" (The Watchtower, May 1, 1987, p. 24). Franz gives the impression that the bulk of his Greek studies were "Bible Greek" under "Professor Kensella" and that classical Greek was secondary under "Dr. Joseph Harry." The opposite is true. As mentioned above, Franz only took one 2-hour credit class of "Bible Greek" but 21 hours of classical Greek. According to the course catalog of 1911, Arthur Kensella was not a professor of Greek, as Franz wrote, but an "instructor in Greek." Kensella did not have a Ph.D. and he therefore taught entry-level courses.

Nathan H. Knorr: No training in biblical languages. Entered Brooklyn headquarters in 1923; 3rd president of WTS from 1942 to 1977. Died 1977 at age 72.

Milton G. Henschel: No training in biblical languages. Private secretary and traveling companion to N. H. Knorr from late 1940s until early 1970s. 4th president of WTS from 1992 to 2000. Still living, age mid-80s.

Albert D. Schroeder: No training in biblical languages. Took 3 years of mechanical engineering, unspecified language courses in college, dropped out in 1932 and soon entered Brooklyn headquarters. Registrar of "Gilead School" from 1942 to 1959. Still living, age 90.

Karl Klein: No training in biblical languages. Entered Brooklyn headquarters in 1925; member of Writing Dept. since 1950. Died 2001 at age 96.

George D. Gangas: No training in biblical languages. Greek-speaking Turkish national, entered Brooklyn headquarters in 1928 as a Greek translator from English to modern Greek publications. Died 1994 at age 98.
Nodoubt

Ilford, UK

#7 Oct 7, 2013
Because there embarassed because they have altered it to suit there needs and doctrine.
Remnant143999

AOL

#9 Oct 7, 2013
What's even worse is the wtbts will use US copywright laws to protect their new translation from any body that tries to copy it for a profit,when they /wtbts are copying the bible themselves,go figure!
ChristOnly

Sacramento, CA

#10 Oct 7, 2013
If a group of free thinking adults agree to your teams of:

1) No critical analysis of leadership
2) No independent thinking
3) No questioning studied material
4) No questioning how "new light" is received
5) No questioning Jesus invisible return and invisible selection of Joseph Rutherford in 1919
6) No questioning discouraging higher education

When free adults allow themselves to be enslaved mentally by 8 old men with proven false history why would/should leadership respect them at all to be forthright. So why is the NWT translators invisible? Short answer: Because they can be because the majority of the people gobbling their foolishness has agreed to the terms of deceit.
Tao itness

United States

#11 Oct 7, 2013
the Internet is the bane of the watchtower!
Tao itness

United States

#12 Oct 7, 2013
Matt 9969, thanks for the clarification!
Tao itness

United States

#13 Oct 7, 2013
I knew it was something like that! But you got my gist- he was full of shit! people have debated what ray friend said, but never prove he was deceptive! but old Freddy all you gotta do is look at what he said and then at the facts! notice he is the author of spiritual warfare. and double faced divination!
Tao itness

United States

#14 Oct 7, 2013
the Fixx, one thing leads to another.
Tao itness

United States

#15 Oct 7, 2013
I meant spiritual warfare or as the Bible calls it double faced divination!
red blood relative

United States

#16 Oct 7, 2013
so which texts were changed?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#18 Oct 7, 2013
Dr SOS wrote:
<quoted text>Whoever WAS INVOLVED IN WRITING THE NEW 2013 NWT ARE NAMELESS.
IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE OLD NWT 1984 REVISION I AM TALKING ABOUT THE NEW 2013 REVISION THAT CAME OUT A FEW DAYS AGO.
Good point, it'll come out eventually, but I'd be willing to guess it was the governing body that approved it, so they translation was done by them.
BUDGIE

UK

#19 Oct 8, 2013
If I was partly responsible for the translation of the NWT,(new way to twist it) I too would want to remain anonymous..

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#20 Oct 8, 2013
red blood relative wrote:
well, they had to get rid of the black color, cause most christian bibles are black.
grey is way more seperate..... sorta like no birthdays and holidays, and no voting or blood transfusions.
Remember the green ones? Those hard covers...I have green ones, purple ones, black, pocket editions, I have a red rebound one.
Then some of the ones made a business out of binding books and having different colors of leather available.
You were serious if you had a custom cover.
One time I made cloth covers for each of the publication sizes. All different, flowers, plaids, leather, burlap.....I gave them out to anyone who wanted one. I think I still have a whole drawer full. I should give them to the next witnesses who come.
They had extra pockets and sleeves in them for pens and notes.
I still have a couple of bibles bound with the reasoning book.
Pam

Bakersfield, CA

#22 Oct 12, 2013
Dr SOS wrote:
<quoted text>Whoever WAS INVOLVED IN WRITING THE NEW 2013 NWT ARE NAMELESS.
IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE OLD NWT 1984 REVISION I AM TALKING ABOUT THE NEW 2013 REVISION THAT CAME OUT A FEW DAYS AGO.
No clue yet. But rest assured, they must have felt the other translation very inferior to do it again. i think once people saw what a sham the translation commite was they decided they had to do another one. It ought to be interesting to find out the changes made and why.
And for sure it has nothing to do with "new light" because they still haven't found any light to date.
How sad that a religion like they are has to change every decade to dissolve their "old light" for new.They have been floundering over 100 years in such half baked ideas that always prove wrong that they need to adapt and keep their flock confused. They are so used to this brain washing they no longer dare question the falseness that comes from their leaders on a regular basis.
Just swallow whatever is new with blind faith in the MEN that spoon feed it to them.
Sad.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23 Oct 12, 2013
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>No clue yet. But rest assured, they must have felt the other translation very inferior to do it again. i think once people saw what a sham the translation commite was they decided they had to do another one. It ought to be interesting to find out the changes made and why.
And for sure it has nothing to do with "new light" because they still haven't found any light to date.
How sad that a religion like they are has to change every decade to dissolve their "old light" for new.They have been floundering over 100 years in such half baked ideas that always prove wrong that they need to adapt and keep their flock confused. They are so used to this brain washing they no longer dare question the falseness that comes from their leaders on a regular basis.
Just swallow whatever is new with blind faith in the MEN that spoon feed it to them.
Sad.
They are swallowing the figurative koolaid all along.

Since: Jan 09

The lost city of Shangri La

#24 Oct 12, 2013
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>No clue yet. But rest assured, they must have felt the other translation very inferior to do it again.
Language is not static, and there is no one perfect way to translate a text regardless of the parent language. That is why there are hundreds or even thousands of Bible translations out there and none of them are the same.

They also aren't "redoing" anything. From what I can tell, they are merely updating some antiquated words and phrases that no longer communicate a clear enough meaning to modern readers. For instance:

"kidney" to "deepest emotions"
"alien" to "foreigner"
"dumb demon" to "speechless"
"In want of heart" to "lacking in good sense"

Are all simple yet effective improvements.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the clergy doing a Good job? 5 min rsss11 5
Hebrews chapter two verse five 12 min rsss11 107
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 17 min rsss11 12,158
News Who are the Jehovah's Witnesses Part II - Chang... 40 min Ben Avraham 61
religious fourm . what the heck 1 hr TempleBBQ 5
You are the captain of your own destiny 1 hr TempleBBQ 6
Another thread vanishes 2 hr TempleBBQ 63
Other JW Forums? 10 hr pcloadletter 73
What does "abstain from blood" mean? 23 hr rsss11 484