First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spike

Little Falls, NJ

#1 May 19, 2010
is Reniaa still alive?
WIZARD

Maryville, TN

#2 May 19, 2010
I heard tht the elders in her congregation are lovingly monitoring her internet activities so that she will remain clean and spotless.
little lamb

Australia

#3 May 19, 2010
It is written in the new Testament " Do not throw away your freeness of speech , which has a large reward to be paid for it."

It appears, that Elders are very good at taking away the individuals freedom of speech

So with God telling us not to throw away our freedom of speech.
And Elders compelling one to give up freedom of speech.

I know that I would obey God as ruler in that case.

But they have no strength to resist, and therefore you will find religion will 'DUMB' them down.
TPMP 35

Brooklyn, NY

#4 May 19, 2010
WIZARD wrote:
I heard tht the elders in her congregation are lovingly monitoring her internet activities so that she will remain clean and spotless.
I think she got scared off. If that's the case. Then she had integrity to her beliefs. The only one from that group who did!.......Or is she still here just like the rest in disguise?. Intresting!?......Hmmmmmmm?... .....The internet is addicting you know!.......TPMP 35
StandFirm

Brookfield, WI

#5 May 19, 2010
WIZARD wrote:
I heard tht the elders in her congregation are lovingly monitoring her internet activities so that she will remain clean and spotless.
Source please.

I don't know where she is but I hope she returns to keep you and UNchained and your cronies under control.
Susie B

United States

#6 May 19, 2010
little lamb wrote:
It is written in the new Testament " Do not throw away your freeness of speech , which has a large reward to be paid for it."
It appears, that Elders are very good at taking away the individuals freedom of speech
So with God telling us not to throw away our freedom of speech.
And Elders compelling one to give up freedom of speech.
I know that I would obey God as ruler in that case.
But they have no strength to resist, and therefore you will find religion will 'DUMB' them down.
Asolutely true LL.
Even the Apostle Paul spoke of freedom of speech while in prison and what it could accomplish!

(Philippians 1:12-20) "Now I desire YOU to know, brothers, that my affairs have turned out for the advancement of the good news rather than otherwise, 13 so that my bonds have become public knowledge in association with Christ among all the Praetorian Guard and all the rest; 14 and most of the brothers in [the] Lord, feeling confidence by reason of my [prison] bonds, are showing all the more courage to speak the word of God fearlessly. 15 True, some are preaching the Christ through envy and rivalry, but others also through goodwill. 16 The latter are publicizing the Christ out of love, for they know I am set here for the defense of the good news; 17 but the former do it out of contentiousness, not with a pure motive, for they are supposing to stir up tribulation [for me] in my [prison] bonds. 18 What then?[Nothing,] except that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is being publicized, and in this I rejoice. In fact, I will also keep on rejoicing, 19 for I know this will result in my salvation through YOUR supplication and a supply of the spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 in harmony with my eager expectation and hope that I shall not be ashamed in any respect, but that in all freeness of speech Christ will, as always before, so now be magnified by means of my body, whether through life or through death."

(Ephesians 6:19-20) "also for me, that ability to speak may be given me with the opening of my mouth, with freeness of speech to make known the sacred secret of the good news, 20 for which I am acting as an ambassador in chains; that I may speak in connection with it with boldness as I ought to speak."

(2 Corinthians 3:5-6) "Not that we of ourselves are adequately qualified to reckon anything as issuing from ourselves, but our being adequately qualified issues from God, 6 who has indeed adequately qualified us to be MINISTERS OF A NEW COVENANT, not of a written code, but of spirit; for the written code condemns to death, but the spirit makes alive."

So the freeness of speech is important for the preaching and publicizing of Christ Jesus and the New Covenant.
Hmmm...is that the JW's publicize?
No wonder the GB take away their freedom of speech...they want them to publicize their ORGANIZATION FOR SALVATION!

"But if we were to draw away from Jehovah’s organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy."
[WT 9/15/93]

They are deceivers and promote themselves as the SAVIOR not Jesus.
And they falsely teach no one but the GB/FDS are of the 144,000 and included in the New Covenant.
UNchained

Manchester, TN

#7 May 19, 2010
StandFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
Source please.
I don't know where she is but I hope she returns to keep you and UNchained and your cronies under control.
When did I throw my dog into this fight?

Personally, I hope she is down at the local library learning the history of your evil cult.

.
..
little lamb

Australia

#8 May 19, 2010
Susie B wrote:
<quoted text>
Asolutely true LL.
Even the Apostle Paul spoke of freedom of speech while in prison and what it could accomplish!
(Philippians 1:12-20) "Now I desire YOU to know, brothers, that my affairs have turned out for the advancement of the good news rather than otherwise, 13 so that my bonds have become public knowledge in association with Christ among all the Praetorian Guard and all the rest; 14 and most of the brothers in [the] Lord, feeling confidence by reason of my [prison] bonds, are showing all the more courage to speak the word of God fearlessly. 15 True, some are preaching the Christ through envy and rivalry, but others also through goodwill. 16 The latter are publicizing the Christ out of love, for they know I am set here for the defense of the good news; 17 but the former do it out of contentiousness, not with a pure motive, for they are supposing to stir up tribulation [for me] in my [prison] bonds. 18 What then?[Nothing,] except that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is being publicized, and in this I rejoice. In fact, I will also keep on rejoicing, 19 for I know this will result in my salvation through YOUR supplication and a supply of the spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 in harmony with my eager expectation and hope that I shall not be ashamed in any respect, but that in all freeness of speech Christ will, as always before, so now be magnified by means of my body, whether through life or through death."
(Ephesians 6:19-20) "also for me, that ability to speak may be given me with the opening of my mouth, with freeness of speech to make known the sacred secret of the good news, 20 for which I am acting as an ambassador in chains; that I may speak in connection with it with boldness as I ought to speak."
(2 Corinthians 3:5-6) "Not that we of ourselves are adequately qualified to reckon anything as issuing from ourselves, but our being adequately qualified issues from God, 6 who has indeed adequately qualified us to be MINISTERS OF A NEW COVENANT, not of a written code, but of spirit; for the written code condemns to death, but the spirit makes alive."
So the freeness of speech is important for the preaching and publicizing of Christ Jesus and the New Covenant.
Hmmm...is that the JW's publicize?
No wonder the GB take away their freedom of speech...they want them to publicize their ORGANIZATION FOR SALVATION!
"But if we were to draw away from Jehovah’s organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy."
[WT 9/15/93]
They are deceivers and promote themselves as the SAVIOR not Jesus.
And they falsely teach no one but the GB/FDS are of the 144,000 and included in the New Covenant.
Called 'locking up the kingdom before men, but you know something I have learned? they can't do it without our consent.
Somewhere along the line the individual has given their consent to be ruled by men rather then God, and this can be accomplished two ways , either through fear, or through indoctrination when a person is still impressed by their accumulation of knowledge.
To be obedient to authority, makes for good order, but the individual has to stay on guard because there are boundaries even for authorities. The individual isn't the only one that has to stay within the boundaries of Gods commandments.
Susie B

United States

#9 May 19, 2010
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Called 'locking up the kingdom before men, but you know something I have learned? they can't do it without our consent.
Somewhere along the line the individual has given their consent to be ruled by men rather then God, and this can be accomplished two ways , either through fear, or through indoctrination when a person is still impressed by their accumulation of knowledge.
To be obedient to authority, makes for good order, but the individual has to stay on guard because there are boundaries even for authorities. The individual isn't the only one that has to stay within the boundaries of Gods commandments.
Most absolutely learn it through indoctrination, and many are kept captive by means of fear!
Some just want something they can see and follow...a religion.
They don't want to do the WORK of studying JUST THE BIBLE.
They need someone along with some uninspired books and magazines to give them answers they could receive by having FAITH in God and Jesus.
They turn to FLESH for their means of Salvation.

(Jeremiah 17:5) "This is what Jehovah has said:“Cursed is the able-bodied man who puts his trust in earthling man and actually makes flesh his arm, and whose heart turns away from Jehovah himself."

(2 Thessalonians 2:9-12) "But the lawless one’s presence is according to the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and portents 10 and with every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth that they might be saved. 11 So that is why God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness."

(John 12:43) "...for they loved the glory of men more than even the glory of God."
StandFirm

Brookfield, WI

#10 May 19, 2010
UNchained wrote:
When did I throw my dog into this fight?
Personally, I hope she is down at the local library learning the history of your evil cult.
.
..
She can learn the origin of your trinity and hellfire while there.
little lamb

Australia

#11 May 19, 2010
Susie B wrote:
<quoted text>
Most absolutely learn it through indoctrination, and many are kept captive by means of fear!
Some just want something they can see and follow...a religion.
They don't want to do the WORK of studying JUST THE BIBLE.
They need someone along with some uninspired books and magazines to give them answers they could receive by having FAITH in God and Jesus.
They turn to FLESH for their means of Salvation.
(Jeremiah 17:5) "This is what Jehovah has said:“Cursed is the able-bodied man who puts his trust in earthling man and actually makes flesh his arm, and whose heart turns away from Jehovah himself."
(2 Thessalonians 2:9-12) "But the lawless one’s presence is according to the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and portents 10 and with every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth that they might be saved. 11 So that is why God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness."
(John 12:43) "...for they loved the glory of men more than even the glory of God."
I don't have a problem with reading other books by men Susie, just against them being compulsory, but was it just 'fear' that kept you captive for so long ? Because you can help throw some light on what actually keeps people from questioning. Or was it spiritual laziness.? What is it ?
Is it a fear of being different and being ridiculed?
Susie B

United States

#12 May 19, 2010
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a problem with reading other books by men Susie, just against them being compulsory, but was it just 'fear' that kept you captive for so long ? Because you can help throw some light on what actually keeps people from questioning. Or was it spiritual laziness.? What is it ?
Is it a fear of being different and being ridiculed?
I don't like to read THEIR books...not when I know they are filled with deceptive teachings which they claim are truth yet are in opposition to Jehovah and Jesus.

Yes it was fear, laziness and weakness on my part!

I stayed because I believed I needed to be where the name of Jehovah was.
I was lazy yes, because I was taught to believe the men who received the Holy Spirit for teaching others...which according to their teachings wasn't me!
Such hogwash!

I didn't think about the many people who use Jehovah's name who aren't JW's and there really are so many who do.
I grew up with that name in my home so I just went to where it was used the most...and we were not JW's as I was growing up ;-)

They fill you with fear of losing your family if you leave, but thank Jehovah and Jesus my family came out of her too!

I didn't fear being different growing up, but I always wondered as an adult JW why we didn't preach Christ as the Bible said too.
But of course I was too afraid to ask more than once!
That was a terrible mistake on my part...lazy for not researching them in the first place!

But then again everyday is a lesson learned, so I am thankful I learned from Jehovah and He drew me back to Jesus.
I was called to get out from among them and separate myself, which I have done.

Praise JAH!

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#13 May 19, 2010
little lamb wrote:
It is written in the new Testament " Do not throw away your freeness of speech , which has a large reward to be paid for it."

It appears, that Elders are very good at taking away the individuals freedom of speech

So with God telling us not to throw away our freedom of speech.
And Elders compelling one to give up freedom of speech.

I know that I would obey God as ruler in that case.

But they have no strength to resist, and therefore you will find religion will 'DUMB' them down.
EXCELLENT POINT!

The freeness of speech.

So let us examine just WHO has the freeness....and who does not.

Watchtower followers have had THEIR freeness of speech diminished by the orders and edicts of the spiritual leaders. They are not allowed to talk with any former WTS followers, as these leaders are afraid of what their present followers will LEARN about their damaging and destructive cult.

Former JWs, however, are now free to speak to anyone they wish to, for the purpose of enlightening those still entrapped in the WTS AND ALSO to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ which is also free of the harmful and twisted WTS influence.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#14 May 19, 2010
hopefully she is far away from the lies of apologists like Gareth and thirdwitness.

maybe she will be able to think for herself, without having visions of grandeur of becoming an apologist for the WTBTS.
StandFirm

Brookfield, WI

#15 May 19, 2010
I have freeness of speech.
little lamb

Australia

#16 May 19, 2010
StandFirm wrote:
I have freeness of speech.
That's interesting!... because you don't seem to have a message.
Susie B

United States

#17 May 19, 2010
A JW only has freedom of speech when they are an anonymous poster on a public forum.
Here they believe they can speak their mind and their Elders and other Leaders cannot find out who they are.
But they are wrong because Jehovah see's everything!

(Hebrews 4:13) "And there is not a creation that is not manifest to his sight, but all things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of him with whom we have an accounting."

(Proverbs 15:3) "The eyes of Jehovah are in every place, keeping watch upon the bad ones and the good ones."
Spike

Little Falls, NJ

#18 May 20, 2010
she's probably jus takin a break from here, or maybe she was made to look silly and is embarassed. she's no jw.
WIZARD

Maryville, TN

#19 May 20, 2010
StandFirm wrote:
I have freeness of speech.
Show your congregation elders every one of your posts you have made on this board and see just how much freedom you have.
UNchained

Manchester, TN

#20 May 21, 2010
StandFirm wrote:
I have freeness of speech.
If you want to continue 'handling' the mikes during the Watchtower Study you don't.

.
..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A second group! 24 min truthsetsfree 108
Do Jehovah's witnesses believe in Jesus for sal... 25 min DR SOS 751
Did God send...HIMSELF? 27 min imagoodboy 10
Gareth finally admits: "THE WTS IS ALL ABOUT PR... 32 min DR SOS 6
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 59 min imagoodboy 3,154
News Court upholds $2.8-million award for woman mole... 1 hr RedhorseWoman 9
What JESUS said about his God 1 hr the Mad JW 7
Logic that baffles apostates. 1 hr truthsetsfree 106
Candace Conti/WT Update 2 hr Covered 98
More from around the web