How to Touch a Dead Immortal Soul tha...
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
dee lightful

Pelzer, SC

#81 Feb 16, 2012
Thirdwitness wrote:
Other than translating nephesh as whatever you want it to be to suit your preferred theology can anyone answer the questions:
1. How can a human touch a dead soul if souls are immortal and invisible? Numbers 6:6.
2. How can a human kill a soul if souls cannot die because of their immortality? Numbers 31:19.
Doulon, you have up until now failed to comment on this. Is it your view that nephesh/soul is immortal and cannot die?
1. Because in this context the soul is the body.
2. Matt 10:28 soul is in a different context and it does not mean the body. The soul that GOD does not kill is then immortal. The soul that GOD kills is obviously not immortal. Read the scripture and compare it to Num 6:6 and see the difference.
Thirdwitness you have failed to address the differences of these two scriptures...Why is it you refuse to look and compare them? Are you afraid that there are different meanings of soul depending on the context and therefore the WT has taught you another lie?
Liberated

UK

#82 Feb 16, 2012
Thirdwitness wrote:
Other than translating nephesh as whatever you want it to be to suit your preferred theology can anyone answer the questions:
1. How can a human touch a dead soul if souls are immortal and invisible? Numbers 6:6.
2. How can a human kill a soul if souls cannot die because of their immortality? Numbers 31:19.
Doulon, you have up until now failed to comment on this. Is it your view that nephesh/soul is immortal and cannot die?
You are either very gormless, very ignorant of the Bible or down right dishonest.

Which one is it???.
Liberated

UK

#83 Feb 16, 2012
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Because in this context the soul is the body.
2. Matt 10:28 soul is in a different context and it does not mean the body. The soul that GOD does not kill is then immortal. The soul that GOD kills is obviously not immortal. Read the scripture and compare it to Num 6:6 and see the difference.
Thirdwitness you have failed to address the differences of these two scriptures...Why is it you refuse to look and compare them? Are you afraid that there are different meanings of soul depending on the context and therefore the WT has taught you another lie?
I have been telling thirdwitnness he needs to know when the Soul means the body and when it means the invisible inner part of man.

But he thinks he is smarter than God.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#84 Feb 17, 2012
Thirdwitness wrote:
The study of this subject is only in its infancy for me, and so it is too early to draw any definite conclusions either for or against this teaching. It was only a few days ago that you gave me proof that the Catholics subscribe to a form of immortal soul teaching, and since then I have found similar views expressed in protestant literature.

As far as I can see the term "immortal soul" tends to give a somewhat wrong idea of their understanding, although on the other hand, I have just read a short work by saint Augustine on this subject, and it is obvious that he was influenced by Plato to some extent.

What has surprised me is that it is the spirit that was given by God to Adam as a gift that is considered to be the "immortal" part of the equation,and not the immaterial part of man such as the mind,emotions, and will which is generally considered to be the soul.
Snorkler

Alberton, South Africa

#85 Feb 20, 2012
Liberated wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think animals have a Spirit.. Just body and soul.
and the soul is closely connected to his Spirit, So when man dies, Their Spirit/soul go to either heaven,[If you are a Christian], Or hell[if you are a JW]
Actuallt Animals do have a spirit....but that is not what i asked you...please answer tyhe question i asked you regarding the Soul of Animals ...i was not asking about Human souls .
dee lightful

Pelzer, SC

#86 Feb 20, 2012
Doulon wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been searching Bible dictionaries for the term "immortal soul" and have so far drawn a blank. Could you point to a Bible commentary or something that clearly teaches this idea so I can examine it ? On the other hand, I can easily find it in Hindu books, or even ancient Greek philosophy. As far as I can tell it is not something that the Church has ever taught as such.
Consider this,

1 Corinthians 15:54-57 NIV
54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true:“Death has been swallowed up in victory.”[a]
55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”[b]
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Anonyn

Helena, MT

#87 Aug 18, 2012
Third Witness said: "Can someone please explain to us how a person can touch a dead immortal soul that has, unseen to human eyes, separated from the dead body and floated away as a disembodied invisible spirit to wherever it must go?"

Reply. It's not talking about disembodied spirits that survive death but just dead people. Traditionalist Christians also believe that nephesh (soul) can refer to the person, or life, not just a departed immaterial soul. Explained in detail here:

http://www.soul.host-ed.me/index.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HEY Pittsburgh! What Happened?! (Nov '13) 6 min Stingo 1,203
Candace Conti settled 11 min DR SOS 301
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 13 min lovewithin 3,799
My letter of dissasociation 13 min Thenewapostate 1
God does not forbid blood transfusions. 28 min DR SOS 67
The filth of the last days........ 28 min aadrivers 3
Who here cares what God thinks? 34 min sidgi 21
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 42 min dee lightful 19,376
The fruitage of the spirit is not emotional in ... 1 hr DR SOS 72
GIMMEABREAK! Jesus has been RULING 100 yrs??? 10 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 334