Comments
241 - 260 of 293 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2014

“God Saves, Watchtower Lies”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#245
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't have Jesus without his brothers. Is your pastor one of Jesus brothers? How do you know he is?
Wouldn't Jesus brothers be united not just spiritually but in a physical effort to do God's will? Does your pastor have an organized effort to get you guys out and be more active in preaching the true good news of God's Kingdom or is he just encouraging you to keep coming on Sunday and putting money in that basekt!?
Your door to door work has nothing to do with preaching about God.

“The proof is in the pudding!”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#246
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all Jesus brothers.
My Pastor is always on us about speaking to everyone we meet about Jesus Christ.
How much are you pledging to send the GB aka F&DS every month?
Don't you think Jesus true brothers would be together instead of different denominations? Don't you think they would agree on the simplest stuff, such as the view of homosexuality!?

“The proof is in the pudding!”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#247
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sparlock wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't in the first century, so why would they be now?
Your church has no unity. All you have is forced conformity under threat. Nowhere in the bible is that supported.
They were encouraged to be like minded and there is nothing hindering progress today except ourselves.

“The proof is in the pudding!”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#248
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sparlock wrote:
<quoted text>
Your door to door work has nothing to do with preaching about God.
Yes it does. Take this months WT, it talks about smoking and how considering the bible has helped some stop. Let me guess, that's not helping bring people close to God. that's just a ploy right!? Get off it. I don't see any other church with this boldness and courage in an attempt to follow the instructions Jesus gave in making disciples etc.

“The proof is in the pudding!”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#249
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sparlock wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible. Paul said your religion is cursed in the opening of Galatians chapter 1, so you can't possibly be preaching the "true" anything.
You have no clue what Paul is talking about if you think we are cursed. You're cursed, when is the last time you told someone the truth about God's Kingdom. Do you even know what it is? If you do know what the Kingdom is you didn't learn it from any of these run of the mill churches.

Since: Feb 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Duh-Boy. Stop being so angry and for cry'n out loud,change that grumpy avitar and silly name of yours for something much more pleasent....like a rainbow and skittles.

“The proof is in the pudding!”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Icaris wrote:
Duh-Boy. Stop being so angry and for cry'n out loud,change that grumpy avitar and silly name of yours for something much more pleasent....like a rainbow and skittles.
I'm just trying to figure this out here.

Jesus prayed for all of his disciples to be one just as He and the Father are one. YOu mean to tell me in the time of the end of this system of things Jesus prayer have gone unanswered
!? You mean to tell me that Jesus brothers are one although they have no affiliation with one another being spread throughout the many conflicting denominations professing to be Christian!? Not buying it.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#252
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Covered wrote:
<quoted text>BAck when I started, the generation of 1914 was born in 1900 at the latest. The "then current" definition of generation. There was a lot of math calculations involved in being a JW in those days Aneirin:) And seriously, could you say that THAT generation, born in 1900 has "by no means passed away" just yet?
So, YES, that WAS a teaching of JWs, whether you like it or not. Whether it is currently taught or not.
You're lying.

They have always taught that the 14,000 are NEARLY passed away.. But they have NEVER taught that they have ALREADY passed away like you falsely claimed.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#253
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just trying to figure this out here.
Jesus prayed for all of his disciples to be one just as He and the Father are one. YOu mean to tell me in the time of the end of this system of things Jesus prayer have gone unanswered
!? You mean to tell me that Jesus brothers are one although they have no affiliation with one another being spread throughout the many conflicting denominations professing to be Christian!? Not buying it.
.
. Well.. that's the way it is... They are one in that they worship the father and follow the son in faith. Even the apostles weren't always in agreement with each other.. yet they were one
in faith.
Faith in GOD and his son.. that is the key factor..

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#254
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Covered wrote:
Hey, what I was taught in the congregation is that all the 144000 died off by now.
You have never been taught that.
Covered wrote:
You all have found a way to cling to the idea that there are some left but its not like they are approved as such.
WE KNOW there are some left because the Bible tells us that Armageddon is waiting for the 144,000 to be sealed. So the sealing of the 144,000 is the only thing we God is waiting for before he begins the Great Tribulation.

So until the Great Tribulation starts there MUST be some of the 144,000 left on the earth.

Jehovah's Witnesses have NEVER taught you anything different from that.
Covered wrote:
Most who claim to be so are thought to be nutjobs, mentally ill or just deluded generally. By other JWs, mind you.
How the heck is anyone supposed to deal with that? Blessings are coming through the folks that you all think are bonkers in your congregations? Well, they are your B&S, and you should help them They obviously need it, right? Jesus said that how you treat his brothers and sisters matters. He also said that you can't exclude or 'forbid' anyone who is FOR him because if they are FOR him, they are not AGAINST him. So, who do you exclude from the brother and sisterhood? The elder who isn't claiming to be anointed? The nice little old lady who is simply a faithful sister sitting on the 3rd row from the back every meeting since Kennedy was in office? WHO are Jesus's brothers and sisters that you are supposed to show everyday love and kindness to? Only 144K? Really? That is what your salvation depends on? So, you can blow off sister "faithful since Kennedy was in office" because she is not an elder or anointed? How does your Christian religion work?
The rest of your post looks like slanderous attacks on decent Christian people. That's why I rarely read much of what you post. I just skim.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#255
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think Jesus true brothers would be together instead of different denominations? Don't you think they would agree on the simplest stuff, such as the view of homosexuality!?
.
. Well..let me see.. Ever think that the reason we were to check and see if what we were told corresponded with what God's word said.. Was that Men..have a way of expanding things way out of proportion.. in their quest to be different then others .. reality is you are correct ..their filler... tends to be different.. But the worshiping of God and following his son..are the main ingredients .. As to doctrines..we were told not to add to what was given us .. Yet..there isn't a church that hasn't... Does the church..incite one to love and fine works..?? Some do more then others.. The Churches in REV... read it and NOTE the good and bad mentioned... DOES that sound like total unity?? And reflect again on the the main ingredients...As those are the key factors..

Since: Sep 13

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#256
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never been taught that.
<quoted text>
WE KNOW there are some left because the Bible tells us that Armageddon is waiting for the 144,000 to be sealed. So the sealing of the 144,000 is the only thing we God is waiting for before he begins the Great Tribulation.
So until the Great Tribulation starts there MUST be some of the 144,000 left on the earth.
Jehovah's Witnesses have NEVER taught you anything different from that.
<quoted text>
The rest of your post looks like slanderous attacks on decent Christian people. That's why I rarely read much of what you post. I just skim.
The Bible tells you? Or your religion has interpreted/understood/teaches it to say that...you really need to distinguish the not- so- subtle difference between what you are saying and what is actually true.

JWs taught me that the generation of 1914 WERE of a limited time span and THEREFORE we were taught to expect the world's end long before now because "this generation with BY NO MEANS pass away" before all those things would occur. So, they have been changing that "generation" ever since 1975 when they realized that date wasn't panning out. Then they started working with a plan that had the 6000 years (which were OH SO SIGNIFICANT) to coincide with the birth of Eve... who would logically only be created a few years after Adam. Then of course you only needed to be born in 1914. Then they had the anointed ones being kicked out because they fell away so there needed to be replacements.

You remember how some former JWs make a big deal about the blurb in the Awake! that said on the masthead that this former system of things which would be "completed in the 20th century"? Well, that was actually TAUGHT! We aren't making it up that the WT had been propagating some pretty heavy handed teachings based on their 'understanding' of things. Which is WHY no one of my generation (born in, 10 years old in 1975) were given everything they had to have it inculcated (how they love that word!) in us that there is NO WAY that we would still be "in this wicked system of things" in the year 2014. Honestly, when I was a kid I figured I would be going through my adolescence in Armageddon and read books about how Jews survived the concentration camps of Nazi Germany.

I have not ever slandered Jehovah's people or God's people either. If the truth feels like slander, then look to yourself and your organization about why the words shame you and why they are true.

And maybe if you didn't skim so much, you'd see how truly filled with absolute nonsense that the WT publications and JW teachings are.

If the truth about the truth hurts, you sure can't blame me for it.

Since: Sep 13

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#257
Jun 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aneirin wrote:
EVER taught you anything different from that.
<quoted text>
The rest of your post looks like slanderous attacks on decent Christian people. That's why I rarely read much of what you post. I just skim.
The WT has said and talks have discussed how some nowadays who think they are anointed (and partake of the wine and bread) are just mentally ill. You've read it. I'm not lying. A great increase in partakers has had to be dealt with, and that is how the WT deals with it. Personally, I think Jesus told his followers to partake,so I don't think a JW has to be nuts to be partaking. I think they read their bible. And they are rebelling against the WT authority and FOLLOWING IT I do not think that could ever be interpreted as slander.

You didn't respond to my point about how you are to treat the anointed vs. how you are to treat people in general. I would like to point out that all those things that the WT/GB/FDS has instructed you to do for them-most people think they are supposed to do for everyone when they are a Christian. I would like to point out that 99% of JWs are supposed to be doing this for 1%. The rest can go to the food bank? Run by the local archdiocese or Baptist church? Seriously, trying to set the 'anointed' apart with that scripture is just ugly and disrespects everything about Jesus( who taught a story about a good Samaritan that no JW spends much time studying about).

Go back and read that paragraph. I do not slander anyone. The truth of the WT in this area is ugly.

“God Saves, Watchtower Lies”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#258
Jun 28, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
They were encouraged to be like minded and there is nothing hindering progress today except ourselves.
You don't even know what being "like minded" means. You think it means ignoring your conscience and your brain when you find out the Watchtower is wrong and just going along with what you're told under threat.

There is no like-mindedness in the Watchtower religion. None. There is only enforced conformity under threat.

You need to actually read the bible and find out what the Christian congregation is like instead of filling your head with Watchtower lies and revisionism.

“God Saves, Watchtower Lies”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#259
Jun 28, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. Take this months WT, it talks about smoking and how considering the bible has helped some stop. Let me guess, that's not helping bring people close to God. that's just a ploy right!? Get off it. I don't see any other church with this boldness and courage in an attempt to follow the instructions Jesus gave in making disciples etc.
Your door to door work has nothing to do with preaching about God. Your door to door work is solely about boosting the power and financial strength of the Watchtower and its clergymen. Nothing more.

You already know it's true, at least subconsciously, or you wouldn't be here.

“God Saves, Watchtower Lies”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#260
Jun 28, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue what Paul is talking about if you think we are cursed. You're cursed, when is the last time you told someone the truth about God's Kingdom. Do you even know what it is? If you do know what the Kingdom is you didn't learn it from any of these run of the mill churches.
Paul directly said your religion is cursed because you preach a different gospel. It's in the opening of the book of Galatians. Go read it for yourself.

Paul also told you exactly what the gospel is and the Watchtower does NOT preach it.

“God Saves, Watchtower Lies”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#261
Jun 28, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just trying to figure this out here.
Jesus prayed for all of his disciples to be one just as He and the Father are one. YOu mean to tell me in the time of the end of this system of things Jesus prayer have gone unanswered
!? You mean to tell me that Jesus brothers are one although they have no affiliation with one another being spread throughout the many conflicting denominations professing to be Christian!? Not buying it.
(1) You don't know what the time of the end is. Your clergyman made up some 1914 nonsense so you believe it.

(2) You still don't know what being "one" or "united" is. You read Watchtower trash and are too lazy to actually do your own research so to you it just means shut up and don't disagree with anything your clergymen say.

(3) You've already embarrassed yourself enough by idiotically talking about denominations who may disagree on some minor point while your clergymen change doctrine and salvation issues at the drop of a hat. But in your cultish, hypocritical mind the obvious can't be seen.
jace

Clinton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#262
Jun 28, 2014
 
Test
jace

Clinton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#263
Jun 28, 2014
 
Covered wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible tells you? Or your religion has interpreted/understood/teaches it to say that...you really need to distinguish the not- so- subtle difference between what you are saying and what is actually true.

JWs taught me that the generation of 1914 WERE of a limited time span and THEREFORE we were taught to expect the world's end long before now because "this generation with BY NO MEANS pass away" before all those things would occur. So, they have been changing that "generation" ever since 1975 when they realized that date wasn't panning out. Then they started working with a plan that had the 6000 years (which were OH SO SIGNIFICANT) to coincide with the birth of Eve... who would logically only be created a few years after Adam. Then of course you only needed to be born in 1914. Then they had the anointed ones being kicked out because they fell away so there needed to be replacements.

You remember how some former JWs make a big deal about the blurb in the Awake! that said on the masthead that this former system of things which would be "completed in the 20th century"? Well, that was actually TAUGHT! We aren't making it up that the WT had been propagating some pretty heavy handed teachings based on their 'understanding' of things. Which is WHY no one of my generation (born in, 10 years old in 1975) were given everything they had to have it inculcated (how they love that word!) in us that there is NO WAY that we would still be "in this wicked system of things" in the year 2014. Honestly, when I was a kid I figured I would be going through my adolescence in Armageddon and read books about how Jews survived the concentration camps of Nazi Germany.

I have not ever slandered Jehovah's people or God's people either. If the truth feels like slander, then look to yourself and your organization about why the words shame you and why they are true.

And maybe if you didn't skim so much, you'd see how truly filled with absolute nonsense that the WT publications and JW teachings are.

If the truth about the truth hurts, you sure can't blame me for it.
I think you guys are on two different pages

I could be wrong

You threw into your post that the 144,000 would all be dead by now not sure if that was what you meant to include

But you guys two post are crossing the
Gen of 1914 not dying before the end and the 144,000 not being alive when the earth ends

You arguing one point and Gareth is arguing another point

It looks like you guys are on different pages

1. Wt has taught that some anointed would be around when the world ends
Of course it's a waste paper to speculate instead if saying WE DONT KNOW

2. Wt taught that the gen of who were old enough to understand the EVENTS of 1914 whereby they could discern the DIFFERENCE WOULD NOT DIE BEFORE THE WORKD END

With this goofy teaching putting folks like you mention being born on 1900 to be about 14 or 15 by 1914 to see the "supposely" shift in human life

The doctrine started to go down hill from there to where it was folks born in 1914

Ole Father Time continued to "Pimp slap" the wt boys to the point where they created the Over lapping dogma

Like my mom meet Dr Martin Luther King in the 60s and since I know my mom ---then somehow that means I must know dr king per wt theology

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#264
Jun 28, 2014
 
Covered wrote:
JWs taught me that the generation of 1914 WERE of a limited time span...
They still do teach that. Doesn't make what you said true.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••