Next Last
UNchained

Rogersville, TN

#101 Aug 19, 2012
Jace wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't help but feel sorry for her
All critical thinking functions have been shutdown
I can't help but compare little lamb with the little lass from Scotland who posts on this board, Mary McClellan.

Mary left the JW's and within a month of reading the real gospel in the posts on this board she had rejected all of the false teachings the Watchtower had indoctrinated into her mind.

On the other hand, we see little lamb languishing in nowhere land trying to make heads and tails of what is spinning around in her mind because she doesn't realise that she has to wipe the chalkboard in her mind clean and start all over from scratch in order to get the real truth from the Bible.

All of her critical thinking skills have been shut down.
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#102 Aug 19, 2012
Hosea 4:6-9(AMP)
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you [the priestly nation] have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you that you shall be no priest to Me; seeing you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children.
7 The more they increased and multiplied [in prosperity and power], the more they sinned against Me; I will change their glory into shame.
8 They feed on the sin of My people and set their heart on their iniquity.
9 And it shall be: Like people, like priest; I will punish them for their ways and repay them for their doings.
This speaks to the WT/GB who act like priest remove the bible from the people and make it their own with their own twist to Gods' Holy words to fit a man make cult that glorified the org who proceed with false prophecies and false teaching. They have removed the bible and the mediator for people and place themselves in the seat of power and enslave other people. They don't want people to be educated in order to understand what is written in scriptures. The uneducated cannot comprehend meaning and therefore do not question what men say.
jace

Woodbridge, VA

#103 Aug 19, 2012
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but compare little lamb with the little lass from Scotland who posts on this board, Mary McClellan.
Mary left the JW's and within a month of reading the real gospel in the posts on this board she had rejected all of the false teachings the Watchtower had indoctrinated into her mind.
On the other hand, we see little lamb languishing in nowhere land trying to make heads and tails of what is spinning around in her mind because she doesn't realise that she has to wipe the chalkboard in her mind clean and start all over from scratch in order to get the real truth from the Bible.
All of her critical thinking skills have been shut down.
excellent post
one

Los Angeles, CA

#104 Aug 19, 2012
Jehovah witnesses on this forum see the truth, its right there smacked in front of em...the reason most don't accept it into their lives boils down to pride..nothing more, nothing less..
one

Los Angeles, CA

#105 Aug 19, 2012
I don't think they can admit to following false prophets for all this time..you're talking about decades for some...lifetimes..to get up and change it all up is just too much for some to bear..
one

Los Angeles, CA

#106 Aug 19, 2012
I liken it to bring cheated on by someone you love..all the signs could be there, hey, your boy could have seeing her out w another doode but you will lie to yourself as much as humanly possible..it takes strength to see things for what they are and act accordingly...it takes strength to pick up the pieces and move foward..
UNchained

Rogersville, TN

#107 Aug 19, 2012
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with the article being factual , or the data reliable.. many secular people are unemployable..their primary school education set them up for failure.
My area of dispute with you, is that you assume God leaves us uneducated..which is far from the truth
And we are in a covenant relationship with our God, and one of the things he promises us, is to write his Laws on our heart and mind. In the knowledge of Law, we become pretty cluey, that the system that is set up , is in pursuit of money and the anxiety of living..stress and anxiety are pushing people, into seeking pursuits of further secular education to provide security for themselves..
but we know such pursuits take away a valuable asset..TIME..Time from God, time from family..and we know that every human being only has a limited time , and is going to be judged on how that TIME was spent
"remember the prayer " Help me to count my days in such a way as to bring in a heart of wisdom"
We are not against men providing for their families, but we believe Jehovah is our security..and we can trust him in every decision we have to make
Your assumption is that higher education gives you that security , but we are at peace with God in our heart and know that true security is from him..Do you understand Jace..how a person with FAITH thinks..its not about stress and anxiety of making a living, but more of pleasing our great God who promises to take care of us..remember the prodigal son, he knew his Father had great wealth and was more able to take care of him, then he could of himself..His own efforts without his Father led him to a state of living in a pig -pen.. a slave to another man, to order him how to spend his time, when he had to clock in, when he could eat, when he could clock out.. just to eat some food.
He lost his freedom...
You just can't break away from the brainwashing you received from those clowns up in NYC...

April 15th 2008 Watchtower
Study article
Paragraph 10:

What, though, of higher education, received in a college or a university? This is widely viewed as vital to success. Yet, many who pursue such education end up with their minds filled with harmful propaganda. Such education wastes valuable youthful years that could best be used in Jehovah’s service.(Eccl. 12:1) Perhaps it is not surprising that in lands where many have received such an education, belief in God is at an all-time low. Rather than looking to the advanced educational systems of this world for security, a Christian trusts in Jehovah.

dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#108 Aug 20, 2012
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't break away from the brainwashing you received from those clowns up in NYC...
April 15th 2008 Watchtower
Study article
Paragraph 10:
What, though, of higher education, received in a college or a university? This is widely viewed as vital to success. Yet, many who pursue such education end up with their minds filled with harmful propaganda. Such education wastes valuable youthful years that could best be used in Jehovah’s service.(Eccl. 12:1) Perhaps it is not surprising that in lands where many have received such an education, belief in God is at an all-time low. Rather than looking to the advanced educational systems of this world for security, a Christian trusts in Jehovah.
If the org was honest this statement. "Such education wastes valuable youthful years that could best be used in Jehovah’s service" would actually say best be used in WT org service, which is not the same as service to God.
God's service can be done at the university level also.

“Surprised By Love”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#109 Aug 20, 2012
"Yet many who pursue such education end up with their minds filled with harmful propaganda "

Yes they do - if by propaganda you mean knowledge, critical thinking skills and career preparation.

If you had a strong faith in a good religion you wouldn't 't loose it by going to college. If you are just brainwashed, then yes, you might now see through the brainwashing. That is what they are really afraid of.
jace

Woodbridge, VA

#110 Aug 20, 2012
"What, though, of higher education, received in a college or a university?"

" Such education wastes valuable youthful years"

this really sums of the jw view towards higher education

when you show high school guiduance couselors 'ARTICLES" LIKE THIS not just Quotes

but entire articles devoted to dogging education it helps them better understand their jw students

any religion that presents AN EITHER OR choice is a cult

go to college can't serve god

do not go to college can serve god

this is how you ID cults
jace

Woodbridge, VA

#111 Aug 20, 2012
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> If the org was honest this statement. "Such education wastes valuable youthful years that could best be used in Jehovah’s service" would actually say best be used in WT org service, which is not the same as service to God.
God's service can be done at the university level also.
bingo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 1 min Imagoodboy 3,035
Anonymous Brother 10 min Enuma Elish 41
Why do Jehovha's witnesses don't prophesy or sp... (May '12) 18 min emmanuel 140
Why don;t JW's feed the poor as Jesus demonstra... 1 hr pooky 136
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 1 hr Imagoodboy 8,907
The Origin of Jesus. 3 hr Imagoodboy 9
Why the Churches Feed the Poor~ 3 hr Jeff Mears 11
My offer to study the Bible with anyone on this... 3 hr Tarquin 366
Jesus DENIED being God! 7 hr rsss1 642
More from around the web