Sun Valley Jehovaha s Witness church ...

Sun Valley Jehovaha s Witness church usher pleads no contest to sex acts with underage boys

There are 189 comments on the LA Daily News story from Sep 12, 2013, titled Sun Valley Jehovaha s Witness church usher pleads no contest to sex acts with underage boys. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

VAN NUYS >> A man who was an usher at a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Sun Valley pleaded no contest Thursday to sex-related counts involving three boys he met there.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Thewanerer

West Lafayette, IN

#104 Sep 16, 2013
Whats an usher?
Thewanerer

West Lafayette, IN

#105 Sep 16, 2013
No Elder I know came forward to report another Elder in a local KH near me. The perv hid his molestation for 30 years and ONLY after he was set up by the victim and the police did he confess. The police had it on tape. The Elders where I live say they don't get involved. How can the Society have such different requirements for their Elders? I doubt ANY Elders actually call the cops on ANY who have molested a child from the KH!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#106 Sep 16, 2013
Thewanerer wrote:
Whats an usher?
generally called an attendant ..helps you find a seat ..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#107 Sep 16, 2013
Thewanerer wrote:
No Elder I know came forward to report another Elder in a local KH near me. The perv hid his molestation for 30 years and ONLY after he was set up by the victim and the police did he confess. The police had it on tape. The Elders where I live say they don't get involved. How can the Society have such different requirements for their Elders? I doubt ANY Elders actually call the cops on ANY who have molested a child from the KH!
. Depends on where you are.. Some Elders are rather laid back.. in other words.. they kind of let things ride.
And others .. like to exert their assumed authority..meaning heads will roll if their in the mood to clean house so to speak..
And they're looking for wrong doing.. Like visiting your house..rifling through your bookcases .. reading things that aren't there.. Making assumptions that you must be having marital problems ..as you haven't been to meeting lately..
you know if they had really cared ..all they would have had to do was ask and I would have told the arrogant jerks why I wasn't at meetings.. But..they never did.. as they were looking for problems that weren't there.. And now the waters totally over the dam and I would probably show them the door.. and tell them their not welcome in my house.

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#108 Sep 17, 2013
Diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
I said name one case since 1997 committed by a KNOWN molester.
There is no such thing as a policy that prevents child molestation. The most a policy can do is limit or restrict KNOWN molesters access to children.
Do you have the capacity of understanding the difference? Here's a hint. An organization can be held responsible for putting a known molester accessible to children. An organization CANNOT be held responsible for crimes committed by its members that had no history of committing crimes.
Stop misrepresenting what I say.
Diogenes, you overlook one important aspect: There are NUMEROUS cases of Elders and Ministerial Servants who were found guilty of child molestation by judicial committees of JWs, yet continue to serve in those positions in the congregations ... TO THIS DAY. Do you deny that also, or do you challenge us to enumerate examples of such cases too???
Thewanerer

Maywood, IL

#109 Sep 18, 2013
Hello Diogenes any validity to this gross negligence. You know that policy does not protect children being molested by prominent JW.Watchtower files reply brief as Conti appeal continues.“The abuse only happened AFTER field service”

A frankly sickening aspect of Watchtower’s argumentation is their insistence that they are ‘off the hook’ because the abuse happened after field ministry.
Watchtower reply brief, page 18.--“Candace wasn’t even a congregation member”

Perhaps more shocking is Watchtower’s attempt to wash their hands of any responsibility for Candace by claiming she “wasn’t even a congregation member,” presumably because she wasn’t baptized.
Watchtower reply brief, page 23---This appalling argumentation is repeated on a later page…
Watchtower reply brief, page 31----“Elders thought Kendrick had repented”

Twice in the following quotation Watchtower attempts to defend the lack of action in preventing the abuse by arguing that Fremont elders considered Kendrick to be “repentant.”
Watchtower reply brief, page 20
Thewanerer

Maywood, IL

#110 Sep 18, 2013
“Candace’s parents are to blame”

As though all of this isn’t bad enough, Watchtower callously singles out Candace’s parents and suggests they bore more responsiblity than the elders, even though neither Neal nor Kathleen Conti had any possible way of knowing Kendrick’s track record – and the elders did.
Watchtower reply brief, page 35
Thewanerer

Maywood, IL

#111 Sep 18, 2013
An unrepentant organization

Though wading through Watchtower’s reply brief is a draining experience, not least because I am no legal expert, I still find it revealing. Here we have an organization that will stop at nothing to avoid accepting discipline and accountability, despite issuing discipline and demanding accountability from millions of Witnesses.

“A child was abused in a congregation? Not our problem! You see, she wasn’t technically a congregation member anyway.”

“A child was abused after field service? Ah ha! After field service you say? Well so long as it didn’t happen on a householder’s doorstep it isn’t our problem.”

One thing can be said with certainty, and it is this: if this appeal fails and Candace triumphs, Watchtower can never rightly claim to have been chastened and humbled by this experience. A review of Watchtower’s handling of this appeal shows that they have twisted and contorted testimony to suit their arguments, they have wriggled and sidestepped responsibility, they have insinuated, they have pointed fingers, and they have generally played every game in the book to escape punishment.

If the Governing Body were truly humble men, they would have accepted the jury’s decision and done everything possible to protect children from the obvious flaws in their child abuse policies. Instead, they are being dragged kicking and screaming towards a likely appeal defeat, with no dignity or humility whatsoever. And the louder they scream, the more pathetic they look.
Thewanerer

Maywood, IL

#112 Sep 18, 2013
A reply from another member:I personally saw the Elders in Monroe Michigan put Larry Mattox, another accused Elder deliberately alone in cars with small children to be sent out in filed service after he had been reported as an abuser so this is a common practice to build up the persons image in the eyes of the congregation and tear down the confidence, credibility of the accusers. Also, giving the accused in ordinate platform time for talks and back patting, hugs and handshakes, personal attention from the Elders and overseers as happened in the case of Larry Mattox who is still in good standing in Monroe Michigan and claims to be of the anointed. There are a substantial amount of tape recordings and letters which detail and reveal the putrid and disgusting details of the Society’s handling of that case!
This latest Conti matter however should disturb and awaken every Witness and parent around world who should now consider their own child “Fair game” in the eyes of the Society…
John Baptist says:

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#113 Sep 18, 2013
Thewanerer wrote:
Hello Diogenes any validity to this gross negligence. You know that policy does not protect children being molested by prominent JW.Watchtower files reply brief as Conti appeal continues.“The abuse only happened AFTER field service”
A frankly sickening aspect of Watchtower’s argumentation is their insistence that they are ‘off the hook’ because the abuse happened after field ministry.
Watchtower reply brief, page 18.--“Candace wasn’t even a congregation member”
Perhaps more shocking is Watchtower’s attempt to wash their hands of any responsibility for Candace by claiming she “wasn’t even a congregation member,” presumably because she wasn’t baptized.
Watchtower reply brief, page 23---This appalling argumentation is repeated on a later page…
Watchtower reply brief, page 31----“Elders thought Kendrick had repented”
Twice in the following quotation Watchtower attempts to defend the lack of action in preventing the abuse by arguing that Fremont elders considered Kendrick to be “repentant.”
Watchtower reply brief, page 20
yes most kids abused Are not baptised JW are they, so of course they are not considered bothering about, and as if most molestations happen in the KH or out in field service in veiw of all, very sick.

They just don't care about the children at all, its all about protecting themselves, but that won't last long, there is a higher court that the WT has forgotten about, and all their antics have done nothing but protect the criminals within.

Jehovah warned his people: "You must not mistreat any widow or fatherless child. If you do mistreat them, they will no doubt cry to Me, and I will certainly hear their cry. My anger will burn, and I will kill you with the sword; then your wives will be widows and your children fatherless." (Exodus 22:22-24)
Snorkler

Johannesburg, South Africa

#114 Sep 18, 2013
And once again we see that Anti JWs would have nothing to say if it were not for there Lies .

This is what they do all day every day .
Thewanerer

Maywood, IL

#115 Sep 18, 2013
Snorkler wrote:
And once again we see that Anti JWs would have nothing to say if it were not for there Lies .
are molestation charges lies brought against the organization? Have you seen Americas most wanted on tv,they are looking for an elder JW who committed pedophilia against a minor. that is one of many charges the society is fighting now a days.
Snorkler

Johannesburg, South Africa

#116 Sep 18, 2013
Thewanerer wrote:
<quoted text>are molestation charges lies brought against the organization? Have you seen Americas most wanted on tv,they are looking for an elder JW who committed pedophilia against a minor. that is one of many charges the society is fighting now a days.
Are you telling us that JWs make claims that there has never been sex crimes commited by those within the Organisation ?
Thewanerer

Maywood, IL

#117 Sep 18, 2013
Watchtower recruits volunteer workforce for Warwick HQ construction project. So anxious is the Governing Body to have this two-page outline read out that they are instructing elders to re-organize their service meeting program for the meeting in question, with the Warwick outline to be delivered as an extended local needs item by a brother who is “known to have a positive spirit toward Bethel service.That is another story to tell of those who go to Bethel an find out how disappointing they become after learning the truth about it.--Nowhere does the letter or outline mention the recent $375 million windfall from the sale of the remaining Brooklyn factory buildings, or the fact that Watchtower is looking to pocket over a billion dollars once the entire Brooklyn portfolio has been sold. If the brother delivering the outline were to mention this, congregation members would be excused for thinking:“Why can’t you pay a professional company to build the headquarters with all the money you made, and leave the brothers to pursue the preaching work so deep in this time of the end?”
Thewanerer

Belleville, IL

#118 Sep 18, 2013
Snorkler wrote:
<quoted text>Are you telling us that JWs make claims that there has never been sex crimes commited by those within the Organisation ?
What are they doing about it? do they disclose the fact to the congregation, that a pedophile is in their midst? a course not, he repents boo hooo hoo,said the elders,now committee more crimes against children.Do they bother to turn the deviant to the authorities?NO. Under watchtower GB doctrine it is no a crime,he is not a baptize JW, so it is not important.God’s channel of truth my cat’s bum. If they were, they would have nothing to hide.totalitarian regimes keep information from their people.How can gods holly spirit be guiding the Ivory tower, when they are doing the opposite.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#119 Sep 18, 2013
Thewanerer wrote:
Watchtower recruits volunteer workforce for Warwick HQ construction project. So anxious is the Governing Body to have this two-page outline read out that they are instructing elders to re-organize their service meeting program for the meeting in question, with the Warwick outline to be delivered as an extended local needs item by a brother who is “known to have a positive spirit toward Bethel service.That is another story to tell of those who go to Bethel an find out how disappointing they become after learning the truth about it.--Nowhere does the letter or outline mention the recent $375 million windfall from the sale of the remaining Brooklyn factory buildings, or the fact that Watchtower is looking to pocket over a billion dollars once the entire Brooklyn portfolio has been sold. If the brother delivering the outline were to mention this, congregation members would be excused for thinking:“Why can’t you pay a professional company to build the headquarters with all the money you made, and leave the brothers to pursue the preaching work so deep in this time of the end?”
This is ridiculous.

No Jehovah's Witnesses would want the non-profit Watchtower Society to waste millions in donated funds by paying worldly building firms.
Hoodwinked

Winchester, CA

#120 Sep 18, 2013
array wrote:
<quoted text>yes most kids abused Are not baptised JW are they, so of course they are not considered bothering about, and as if most molestations happen in the KH or out in field service in veiw of all, very sick.
They just don't care about the children at all, its all about protecting themselves, but that won't last long, there is a higher court that the WT has forgotten about, and all their antics have done nothing but protect the criminals within.
Jehovah warned his people: "You must not mistreat any widow or fatherless child. If you do mistreat them, they will no doubt cry to Me, and I will certainly hear their cry. My anger will burn, and I will kill you with the sword; then your wives will be widows and your children fatherless." (Exodus 22:22-24)
It's completely disgusting!!

Do they really think Jehovah is okay with how they have handled his innocent sheep??
We know the answer.
Hoodwinked

Winchester, CA

#121 Sep 18, 2013
Snorkler wrote:
<quoted text>Are you telling us that JWs make claims that there has never been sex crimes commited by those within the Organisation ?
Are you claiming they cover these crimes at the weekly meetings??
Of course they don't! I'll tell you what, start talking about the news reports in LA, San Diego and New Mexico after the meeting with the friends, they will call you in the back room so quickly for a nice talking to about causing divisions.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#122 Sep 18, 2013
Snorkler wrote:
I think the grizzly news reports day after day after day, prove who is lying to protect the cult they worship, and who is exposing the ugly underbelly that the WBTS gods do not want made public about the Jehovah's Witnesses.
The fact not one of you expresses outrage over the facts of the systematic abuses of children and the cover ups, proves how lacking in any moral character the average Jehovah's Witness is.
Keep posting though, you are just putting more nails in the coffin

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#123 Sep 18, 2013
Hoodwinked wrote:
<quoted text> It's completely disgusting!!
Do they really think Jehovah is okay with how they have handled his innocent sheep??
We know the answer.
they can have their henchmen lawyer in the worldy courts fighting against the little ones, but at the end of the day the higher court of Jehovah will squash them like bugs under his feat and all those that have have sided with them.

Jehovah's promise.

Ezekiel 7:27:“According to their way I shall act toward them, and with their judgments I shall judge them; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A backhander for the C/O 4 min The old boy 1
4,70,000 errors, mistakes, contradictions in bible 12 min joel 14
What "IF" Jesus were literally God Almighty~ 26 min dee lightful 161
Are JW taking their suits and ties? 32 min tim 16
HEY Pittsburgh! What Happened?! (Nov '13) 45 min DR SOS 1,386
News What If Jesus Is not God? 1 hr Irish 1,298
News Women to 'never rule' in Jehovah's church 1 hr DR SOS 26
Praise Jehovah (Jul '13) 3 hr Dogen 3,531
Mr. Geoffrey Jackson to appear before the ARC 3 hr wt expert 705
Funny thing is they always want more 5 hr Olin Moyle 285