Prove the Watchtower's 1919 appointment

Prove the Watchtower's 1919 appointment

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

UNchained

Louisville, TN

#1 Mar 31, 2013
Using only the Bible can anyone prove that Jesus appointed the Watchtower Society in 1919?

March 15, 1990 Watchtower
Page 14
Paragraph 21

***‘The Faithful Slave’ and Its Governing Body ***

In 1918, when Jesus Christ inspected those claiming to be his slaves, he found an international group of Christians publishing Bible truths for use both inside the congregation and outside in the preaching work. In 1919 it truly turned out to be as Christ had foretold:“Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings.”(Matthew 24:46, 47) These true Christians entered into the joy of their Master. Having shown themselves “faithful over a few things,” they were appointed by the Master to be “over many things.”(Matthew 25:21) The faithful slave and its Governing Body were in place, ready for a widened assignment. How glad we should be that this was so, for loyal Christians are richly benefiting from the devoted work of the faithful slave and its Governing Body!

TikhonZ

Clinton, MS

#2 Mar 31, 2013
UNchained wrote:
Using only the Bible can anyone prove that Jesus appointed the Watchtower Society in 1919?
Page 14
Paragraph 21
In 1918, when Jesus Christ inspected those claiming to be his slaves, he found an international group of Christians publishing Bible truths for use both inside the congregation and outside in the preaching work. In 1919 it truly turned out to be as Christ had foretold:“Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings.”(Matthew 24:46, 47) These true Christians entered into the joy of their Master. Having shown themselves “faithful over a few things,” they were appointed by the Master to be “over many things.”(Matthew 25:21) The faithful slave and its Governing Body were in place, ready for a widened assignment. How glad we should be that this was so, for loyal Christians are richly benefiting from the devoted work of the faithful slave and its Governing Body!
The "bible truths" of 1919 are the not the "bible truths" of 2013.The "Finished Mystery" is but a serious embarassment for modern JW's.It MUST be salvaged because IT was the REASON for the IMPRISONMENT OF THE GB.It is FOR this reason alone that IT stands.For it declares Jesus is THE ALMIGHTY,the pope is Michael,Apollylon is the devil,SATAN.Levithan is a steam locomotive and Russell expounds on the traditional shape of the cross,AND MANY MANY False time limited statements.The fact that the present teaching is that APOLLYAN is JESUS at REV 9:11,should make one sceptical of any reward except that of a false teacher.
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#3 Apr 1, 2013
Using only the Bible can anyone prove that Jesus appointed the Watchtower Society and/or its representatives with the title of 'the faithful and discreet slave' in 1919?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4 Apr 1, 2013
Good luck with that explanation because they are still trying to figure it out at HQ!
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#5 Apr 1, 2013
You're right.

i forgot about the new "new light' that the Governing Body acts as the FDS when its members assemble together.

I guess that leaves Charlie Russell SOL.
Honest JW

Sebastopol, CA

#6 Apr 1, 2013
Most JWs don't believe in the 1919 teaching anymore that they believe the the Cedar Point conventions of the 1920s fulfilled the prophecies in Revelation.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7 Apr 1, 2013
Honest JW wrote:
Most JWs don't believe in the 1919 teaching anymore that they believe the the Cedar Point conventions of the 1920s fulfilled the prophecies in Revelation.
really its still taught in the BTB dear, its still taught in WT study articles. Those that don't believe in this up to this point would be regarded as apostates.

Since: Feb 09

Raleigh, NC

#8 Apr 2, 2013
UNchained wrote:
Page 14
Paragraph 21
Exactly HOW did the Watchtower Society get this exact information about what Jesus was doing in heaven? Did Jesus himself tell the Watchtower what he was doing? Did Jesus tell all the churches that he was inspecting them? Since the Watchtower insists that it is not inspired of God to write anything, exactly where did they get this stuff?

The truth is, it's ALL A LIE!!! None of it was true then and it most certainly isn't true now. Jehovah's Witnesses really should be the most embarrassed people of all modern religions. Only fools could accept such nonsense with no divine backing whatsoever. Their trust and faith is implicitly in the men who direct the Watchtower's religion.
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#9 Apr 2, 2013
CIA Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly HOW did the Watchtower Society get this exact information about what Jesus was doing in heaven? Did Jesus himself tell the Watchtower what he was doing? Did Jesus tell all the churches that he was inspecting them? Since the Watchtower insists that it is not inspired of God to write anything, exactly where did they get this stuff?
The truth is, it's ALL A LIE!!! None of it was true then and it most certainly isn't true now. Jehovah's Witnesses really should be the most embarrassed people of all modern religions. Only fools could accept such nonsense with no divine backing whatsoever. Their trust and faith is implicitly in the men who direct the Watchtower's religion.
The Watchtower Society has developed a very clever and systematic 'Bible' Study program to instill the fear of being detroyed forever into a prospective member's mind.

Once they have bought into the lie of annihilation they are so afraid that getting them to believe the rest of the satanic doctrines is easy and they will follow the false prophets of the Watchtower Society until the day they die.
Tao itness

Hollywood, FL

#10 Oct 27, 2013
Golden Age 1919 Oct 15 p.44
"..from a criminal viewpoint the desirability of sobering the southern negro speaks volumes for national prohibition."
Ex-JW

Saint Augustine, FL

#11 Oct 27, 2013
John the baptist gave witness.....ooops sorry CTR told Rutherford "u da man"

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#12 Oct 27, 2013
Ex-JW wrote:
John the baptist gave witness.....ooops sorry CTR told Rutherford "u da man"
so what the WT is saying is that CTR was not anointed as, John the Baptist wasn't either. They really put him on the back burner.
Ex-JW

Saint Augustine, FL

#13 Oct 28, 2013
array wrote:
<quoted text>so what the WT is saying is that CTR was not anointed as, John the Baptist wasn't either. They really put him on the back burner.
Exactly :)
I guess you did not understand my attempt at sarcasism and humor :)
Nodoubt

Ilford, UK

#14 Oct 28, 2013
They cant prove it at all because its not biblical. I asked this quiestion on another thread made by truthsetsfree and they never asnwered because its a flase teaching of men and not from God.

The closest they have to an answer is that they were arrested and some of the members of bethel rebelled because of the direction Rutherford was trying to take the society after Charles death. Rutherford was taking control and he used his background of law to screw people and thats why they left. There is no biblical evidence to back up the actual dates.

All we know is there will be a cleansing of the temple which is in malachi. But we do not know when or if it has happened.
Ex-JW

Saint Augustine, FL

#15 Oct 28, 2013
Nodoubt wrote:
They cant prove it at all because its not biblical. I asked this quiestion on another thread made by truthsetsfree and they never asnwered because its a flase teaching of men and not from God.
The closest they have to an answer is that they were arrested and some of the members of bethel rebelled because of the direction Rutherford was trying to take the society after Charles death. Rutherford was taking control and he used his background of law to screw people and thats why they left. There is no biblical evidence to back up the actual dates.
All we know is there will be a cleansing of the temple which is in malachi. But we do not know when or if it has happened.
Concur :)

Rutherford overruled CTR's wishes of a GB rather than ONE head honcho, Rutherford kicked the anticipated GB members out that have a nice web site at http://www.dawnbible.com/dawnpub.htm

At least these guys at Dawn publication did not continue down the road of pure speculation of further changes to the good news like the 1935 changed to a "mortal - eternal" earthly class living in an entropic universe where animal, plant life and solar systems continue to die eternally. So much for corruption being transformed to Incorruption !!!!

Shalom :)
red blood relative

United States

#16 Oct 28, 2013
when i was figuring all this stuff out, i invited an elder friend of mine over to discuss the red rev book pages 166 or so, about how rutherford and his gang were the two witnesses of rev 11 during the great tribulation of 1260 days x two right before armageddon.

i asked him how could rutherford's group could be the TWO WITNESSES, if the tribulation hasn't happened yet and the anti christ isn't in full power yet ruling as the 8th king?

that was it..... he slammed the book shut jumped up out of the chair screaming ITS THE TRUTH ITS THE TRUTH, as he made a bee line for the door and left.......3 days later i was disfellowshipped for APOSTACY.

...... i never even went to the committee meeting, cause i already knew about the kangaroo court.
Ex-JW

Saint Augustine, FL

#17 Oct 28, 2013
red blood relative wrote:
when i was figuring all this stuff out, i invited an elder friend of mine over to discuss the red rev book pages 166 or so, about how rutherford and his gang were the two witnesses of rev 11 during the great tribulation of 1260 days x two right before armageddon.
i asked him how could rutherford's group could be the TWO WITNESSES, if the tribulation hasn't happened yet and the anti christ isn't in full power yet ruling as the 8th king?
that was it..... he slammed the book shut jumped up out of the chair screaming ITS THE TRUTH ITS THE TRUTH, as he made a bee line for the door and left.......3 days later i was disfellowshipped for APOSTACY.
...... i never even went to the committee meeting, cause i already knew about the kangaroo court.
He had to convince himself he had the truth by screaming (they are now told to put their fingers in their ears, when apostates talk) as he realized you were right :)

I was shunned over 20 years ago by a JW work colleague and friend after I told him I doubted the 1914 chronology and the one generation teaching....I always wonder what he taught when the org. dropped the usual 1914 one generation message from the Awake magazine inside page, in late 90s, when they realized it was no longer defendable and Absolutaley a false doctrine !!!!!

Shalom friend your took one for truth ;)
jace

Clinton, MD

#18 Oct 28, 2013
Arkham Bravo wrote:
Good luck with that explanation because they are still trying to figure it out at HQ!
Too funny
jace

Clinton, MD

#19 Oct 28, 2013
Honest JW wrote:
Wow
jace

Clinton, MD

#20 Oct 28, 2013
array wrote:
<quoted text>really its still taught in the BTB dear, its still taught in WT study articles. Those that don't believe in this up to this point would be regarded as apostates.
Yep good old newly minted apostate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do JWs even care? 1 min Tony Price 77 5
How does a JW hope to be in the kingdom of God ... 2 min Aneirin 22
Mr. Geoffrey Jackson to appear before the ARC (Aug '15) 4 min Veritas 69 1,027
Are the governing body saved? 10 min red blood relative 889
Shouldn't governing body nember Jackson be disf... 13 min Passerby 21
Apostates 23 min Brother P 23
Are you watching Leah Remini's show on Scientol... 23 min red blood relative 685
Youthful Libido and the New System 44 min Tony Price 77 41
Do Jehovah's Witnesses Worship Their Organization? 1 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 441
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 1 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 26,462
wt lies about the cross 7 hr array 627
Today...., (Feb '10) 11 hr Shamash 3,898
More from around the web