Cyberbullying
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
eagleeye

Olathe, KS

#2 Sep 10, 2008
Adults and the Workplace

Cyber-bullying is not limited to personal attacks or children. Cyberharassment takes place in the workplace or on company web sites, blogs or product reviews. Wikipedia entries, Amazon.com and iTunes reviews along with other consumer-generated data are being monitored and flagged for content that is deemed malicious and biased as these sites have become tools to cyberbully by way of malicious requests for deletion of articles, vandalism, abuse of administrative positions, and ganging up on products to post "false" reviews and vote products down.

False negative reviews and bully-organized vote-downs to give low popularity ratings have become a major concern for retailers, authors and publishers because they can affect credibility and potential sales.

Comparison to traditional bullying

Certain characteristics inherent in online technologies increase the likelihood that they will be exploited for deviant purposes.[2] Firstly, electronic bullies can remain virtually anonymous using temporary email accounts, pseudonyms in chat rooms, instant messaging programs, cell-phone text messaging, and other Internet venues to mask their identity; this perhaps frees them from normative and social constraints on their behavior. Furthermore, cyber-bullies might be emboldened when using electronic means to carry out their antagonistic agenda because it takes less energy and courage to express hurtful comments using a keypad or a keyboard than with one’s voice.

Second, electronic forums can often lack supervision. While chat hosts regularly observe the dialog in some chat rooms in an effort to police conversations and evict offensive individuals, personal messages sent between users (such as electronic mail or text messages) are viewable only by the sender and the recipient, and therefore outside the regulatory reach of such authorities. In addition, teenagers often know more about computers and cellular phones than their parents or guardians and are therefore able to operate the technologies without worry or concern that a probing parent will discover their experience with bullying (whether as a victim or offender).
Tiger Rose

Trenton, NJ

#4 Sep 10, 2008
If it were up to Dan he would burn me alive.Thank God I don't live near the man.
Pat

AOL

#5 Sep 10, 2008
Seems to me SO CALLED JW on here use most of these forms of bullying often so before putting up warnings like this to try and intimidate the nonJW they may want to look to see how much of this they to are guilty of . I am sure there are some here who can produce every post made by the SO CALLED JW SHOWING THE INSTIGATING a good number of anger posts they have recieved . Unless one is not guilty of any of the offenses they may not want to start casting stones some of the stones may bounce back and hit you . Fact both sides have done their share and so the warning can aptly apply to both sides equally .

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#6 Sep 10, 2008
Pat wrote:
Seems to me SO CALLED JW on here use most of these forms of bullying often so before putting up warnings like this to try and intimidate the nonJW they may want to look to see how much of this they to are guilty of . I am sure there are some here who can produce every post made by the SO CALLED JW SHOWING THE INSTIGATING a good number of anger posts they have recieved . Unless one is not guilty of any of the offenses they may not want to start casting stones some of the stones may bounce back and hit you . Fact both sides have done their share and so the warning can aptly apply to both sides equally .
Yeah, its always the JW isn't it?

Always the JW on a Forum ABOUT JW's.

Go figure.

They must have something......you seem to love it here.

“AVAUNT, YOU FAIRIES.”

Since: Dec 06

Putingrad

#7 Sep 10, 2008
All to often it seems that those who cry "cyber bully" the most are people who have little more to do with their lives than scour the Internet for something to be offended by.

You know, the kind who Mark Levin says spend all day "in their parents basement in their underwear."

And their definition of "cyber bullying" is "having a strong opinion that differs from my own."
JWForever

Charleston, WV

#8 Sep 10, 2008
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, its always the JW isn't it?
Always the JW on a Forum ABOUT JW's.
Go figure.
They must have something......you seem to love it here.
They were bullying long before you or I came to the board. Born Again, Sunspot, Dee, RHW, Jimi, to name a few. I went through some old posts today and found some jems. I'll email you a couple.
Pat

AOL

#9 Sep 10, 2008
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, its always the JW isn't it?
Always the JW on a Forum ABOUT JW's.
Go figure.
They must have something......you seem to love it here.
I could care less what the JW believe that is not why I am here .I come here to expose lies the ones the WTS prints concerning Christians . I will make sure the lurkers know the other side NR the side that has been lied about and distorted by the WTS .I also said both sides are guilty of some bullying in fact your a bully , so when fingers start getting pointed and warnings posted both sides need to take notice not just the nonJW . You are not a JW and have been called a tool of Satan by an Elder why would this elder say this if you were so "in" to the religion you come here and profess? Why would you break the very rules of the Organization you say is God inspired , do you suppose God does not notice if that would be true? FACT IS THE WTS DOES NOT WANT THEIR PEOPLE ON FORUMS LIKE THIS yet you question why others are here ? If JW are so obedient to God and God gives the direction to the WTS AS To WHAT IS RIGHT AND WRONG are you not deliberately disobeying God by being here ? Are you saying your not guilty of wrong behavior at times , I know I have been .Warnings are fine but to put them up to try and intimidate others when your guilty yourself seems over the top . Both sides need to watch it !!
Claude Kenneson

Tallahassee, FL

#10 Sep 10, 2008
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, its always the JW isn't it?
Always the JW on a Forum ABOUT JW's.
Go figure.
They must have something......you seem to love it here.
It's certainly not beyond Jehovah's Witnesses to bully. That's how pro-Jehovah's Witness boards are run. If someone doesn't meet your Watchtower's fancy, you boot them out, don't you? Oh, how you would love to do that here but because you can't it just "eats you up."
eagleeye

Olathe, KS

#11 Sep 10, 2008
Claude Kenneson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's certainly not beyond Jehovah's Witnesses to bully. That's how pro-Jehovah's Witness boards are run. If someone doesn't meet your Watchtower's fancy, you boot them out, don't you? Oh, how you would love to do that here but because you can't it just "eats you up."
Got kicked off, didja?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#12 Sep 10, 2008
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less what the JW believe that is not why I am here .I come here to expose lies the ones the WTS prints concerning Christians . I will make sure the lurkers know the other side NR the side that has been lied about and distorted by the WTS .I also said both sides are guilty of some bullying in fact your a bully , so when fingers start getting pointed and warnings posted both sides need to take notice not just the nonJW . You are not a JW and have been called a tool of Satan by an Elder why would this elder say this if you were so "in" to the religion you come here and profess? Why would you break the very rules of the Organization you say is God inspired , do you suppose God does not notice if that would be true? FACT IS THE WTS DOES NOT WANT THEIR PEOPLE ON FORUMS LIKE THIS yet you question why others are here ? If JW are so obedient to God and God gives the direction to the WTS AS To WHAT IS RIGHT AND WRONG are you not deliberately disobeying God by being here ? Are you saying your not guilty of wrong behavior at times , I know I have been .Warnings are fine but to put them up to try and intimidate others when your guilty yourself seems over the top . Both sides need to watch it !!
The fact is, you are not one to tell anyone what they should be doing regarding the internet.

That excuse is like a worn out shoe, and makes no sense coming from anyone who couldn't care less anyway. Just another cheap senseless shot.

“JWs are a satanic cult. ”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#13 Sep 10, 2008
Tiger Rose wrote:
If it were up to Dan he would burn me alive.Thank God I don't live near the man.
Thank GOD you don't live near me too.

I not in the habit of burning feces, I just flush it.

“JWs are a satanic cult. ”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#14 Sep 10, 2008
Pat wrote:
Seems to me SO CALLED JW on here use most of these forms of bullying often so before putting up warnings like this to try and intimidate the nonJW they may want to look to see how much of this they to are guilty of . I am sure there are some here who can produce every post made by the SO CALLED JW SHOWING THE INSTIGATING a good number of anger posts they have recieved . Unless one is not guilty of any of the offenses they may not want to start casting stones some of the stones may bounce back and hit you . Fact both sides have done their share and so the warning can aptly apply to both sides equally .
Right!!

It seems to me the whiners, Eagleshit and Fat Dumpy Rose are the ones who try to bully and lie.

When given the same, they cry to high heaven.

Where were you guys when people posting Tim's full name here and discussing his phone numbers...???

OH, I forgot, you guys were the ASSHOLES who are guilty of doing it!!!

You hormonal imbalanced bitches are worthless as tits on a boar hog.

Why don't you both go piss up a rope?
Flame

Washington, DC

#15 Sep 10, 2008
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less what the JW believe that is not why I am here .I come here to expose lies the ones the WTS prints concerning Christians . I will make sure the lurkers know the other side NR the side that has been lied about and distorted by the WTS .I also said both sides are guilty of some bullying in fact your a bully , so when fingers start getting pointed and warnings posted both sides need to take notice not just the nonJW . You are not a JW and have been called a tool of Satan by an Elder why would this elder say this if you were so "in" to the religion you come here and profess? Why would you break the very rules of the Organization you say is God inspired , do you suppose God does not notice if that would be true? FACT IS THE WTS DOES NOT WANT THEIR PEOPLE ON FORUMS LIKE THIS yet you question why others are here ? If JW are so obedient to God and God gives the direction to the WTS AS To WHAT IS RIGHT AND WRONG are you not deliberately disobeying God by being here ? Are you saying your not guilty of wrong behavior at times , I know I have been .Warnings are fine but to put them up to try and intimidate others when your guilty yourself seems over the top . Both sides need to watch it !!
Did you hear or do you have proof that the elder called her a "tool of satan"? Or did you hear that from a snitch?
Talking about cyber-bullying, now that's cyber-bullying.

“JWs are a satanic cult. ”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#16 Sep 10, 2008
Flame wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear or do you have proof that the elder called her a "tool of satan"? Or did you hear that from a snitch?
Talking about cyber-bullying, now that's cyber-bullying.
It came from an elder who spoke to Tim.

Are you calling him a snitch??

Well here's a news flash for you, the cult of the Jehovah's Witness encourages open and frank communication.

The elder in Elko was open and frank. If you think it's a lie, I'm sure you have a phone that connects with a phone system that allows you to call Elko Kingdumb Hall.

All you phonies have to do is make a phone call and prove Tim wrong.

But you don't have the balls to do that, you really don't want the truth. It's easier for you to whine.
Tiger Rose

Trenton, NJ

#17 Sep 10, 2008
Flame what's going on I haven't seen u in a while how r u?
Claude Kenneson

Tallahassee, FL

#18 Sep 10, 2008
eagleeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Got kicked off, didja?
Yeah. JWs kicked me out, but I hear that you are not faring so well in Russia and Azerbaijan and a few other countries right now. It's more like kick and get kicked.
eagleeye

Olathe, KS

#19 Sep 10, 2008
Claude Kenneson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. JWs kicked me out, but I hear that you are not faring so well in Russia and Azerbaijan and a few other countries right now. It's more like kick and get kicked.
So that's why you've been so quiet, eh?

So are you implying that God is using Russia and Azerbaijan to retaliate for your being kicked off a pro-JW board? You must be more important than is evident!!!!
Claude Kenneson

Tallahassee, FL

#20 Sep 10, 2008
eagleeye wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's why you've been so quiet, eh?
So are you implying that God is using Russia and Azerbaijan to retaliate for your being kicked off a pro-JW board? You must be more important than is evident!!!!
Quiet? Where did you get that impression?

If you believe that Jehovah uses the people on your pro-boards to deal with "apostates" than who are you to say that Jehovah is not using Russia and Azerbaijan to deal with Watchtowerites? Maybe your importance is no greater than mine.
dee

Greenville, SC

#21 Sep 10, 2008
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, its always the JW isn't it?
Always the JW on a Forum ABOUT JW's.
Go figure.
They must have something......you seem to love it here.
She said it applied to BOTH sides.
dee

Greenville, SC

#22 Sep 10, 2008
TACAN DAN wrote:
<quoted text>
It came from an elder who spoke to Tim.
Are you calling him a snitch??
Well here's a news flash for you, the cult of the Jehovah's Witness encourages open and frank communication.
The elder in Elko was open and frank. If you think it's a lie, I'm sure you have a phone that connects with a phone system that allows you to call Elko Kingdumb Hall.
All you phonies have to do is make a phone call and prove Tim wrong.
But you don't have the balls to do that, you really don't want the truth. It's easier for you to whine.
You are so right. All Flame and any other JW has to do is make a phone call.
Do you think Flame, or anyother JW, will put up or shut up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Judgment Day" -- When? 7 min red blood relative 18
Candace Conti settled 8 min nilli2 232
Who here cares what God thinks? 14 min Aneirin 9
Three Simple Facts UTTERLY Destroy the Twinity~ 15 min dee lightful 206
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 19 min lovewithin 19,316
praise the org! / praise the lord! 31 min red blood relative 37
Just IMAGINE- if you CAN! 42 min red blood relative 32
GIMMEABREAK! Jesus has been RULING 100 yrs??? 1 hr Duh-boy 306
God does not forbid blood transfusions. 1 hr DR SOS 59
Irrefutable reason why Jesus is Michael? 2 hr dee lightful 102
More from around the web