|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

Judged:

Nomi wrote:
If the one leaving is saying or doing things totally opposite of what they once claimed to believe...they bring the hardship on themselves.
<quoted text>
That is complete bullcrap! If parents lie to their kids and the kids buy into it they will eventually find out the truth. The kid feels heartache and tells his friends that his parents lied to him and there is no Santa. Is it the kids fault that his parents lied or is it the parents fault.

I am one of those who still has his publishers card sitting in a box at a kingdom hall, but is no longer attending meetings or going out in service or even considering myself part of the congregation any longer.

Even though I am not disfellowshipped our family doesn't include us in get togethers because we are bad association. Our flaw? We started speaking up about corruption and the made up rules like beards and minivans.(4 door cars are no longer considered acceptable if you have children.)

I didn't "bring this on myself". I knew I could be disfellowshipped for immorality. I was unaware that it would happen if I cares about children and expected to not be lied too.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

JF...YOu are free to do as you like. I am free to do the same. If one is looking for an excuse to leave, most likely they will find one.
Jah Fan

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

Nomi wrote:
JF...YOu are free to do as you like. I am free to do the same. If one is looking for an excuse to leave, most likely they will find one.
Yes I am free to leave, but even though I have done nothing wrong my inlaws will not speak with their grandchild because the cult has taken a scripture on how to deal with people who claim to be Christian but are involved in immorality to then punish those who stand up for righteousness.

Let's look at the things Witnesses encourage householders to look at in their religion to evaluate whether it is acceptable to Jehovah.

Do they tolerate immorality? The WT doesnt tolerate two teenagers having sex, but they will tolerate it a grown up sleeping with a teenager or even a child. While adulterers usually (not always but usually) get df'd they usually treat the innocent mate as the cause of the problem. Often the innocent mate gets chased our of the organization.

Do they teach false doctrines? Yup. They believe that a man's spirituality can be measured by the amount of facial hair on his face. They consider questioning them as equivalent to Peter questioning Christ. Don't remember Christ declaring the world was going to end many times that it didn't.

Do they have love for one another? Nope. They don't shoot one another in war, but they rarely have compassion on those who suffer unless they are in their 70s or live far away.

Do they have a clergy class? Well in official legal documents they claimed clergy status so got that too.

Do they go beyond what is written? I don't even know where to start.

It isn't hard to find a reason to live the corrupt organization. What is hard to find (and believe me I looked hard for one) is an excuse to stay. I am sure you are trying hard to find something to cling to like I was. If you believed and trusted the slave you wouldn't be here. I speak from experience they will not tolerate disobedience to their made up rules the way they tolerate violation of actual Bibical standards.

Since: Nov 11

East Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Jah Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am free to leave, but even though I have done nothing wrong my inlaws will not speak with their grandchild because the cult has taken a scripture on how to deal with people who claim to be Christian but are involved in immorality to then punish those who stand up for righteousness.
Let's look at the things Witnesses encourage householders to look at in their religion to evaluate whether it is acceptable to Jehovah.
Do they tolerate immorality? The WT doesnt tolerate two teenagers having sex, but they will tolerate it a grown up sleeping with a teenager or even a child. While adulterers usually (not always but usually) get df'd they usually treat the innocent mate as the cause of the problem. Often the innocent mate gets chased our of the organization.
Do they teach false doctrines? Yup. They believe that a man's spirituality can be measured by the amount of facial hair on his face. They consider questioning them as equivalent to Peter questioning Christ. Don't remember Christ declaring the world was going to end many times that it didn't.
Do they have love for one another? Nope. They don't shoot one another in war, but they rarely have compassion on those who suffer unless they are in their 70s or live far away.
Do they have a clergy class? Well in official legal documents they claimed clergy status so got that too.
Do they go beyond what is written? I don't even know where to start.
It isn't hard to find a reason to live the corrupt organization. What is hard to find (and believe me I looked hard for one) is an excuse to stay. I am sure you are trying hard to find something to cling to like I was. If you believed and trusted the slave you wouldn't be here. I speak from experience they will not tolerate disobedience to their made up rules the way they tolerate violation of actual Bibical standards.
Wow Yah Fan... I am so touched by your post. May God bless and lead you to the real Christ and HS which you have been denied for so long. I don't know where I would be without Christ in my life and heart. God got a hold of me years ago and took me out of a life of self-destruction and today, my worst day with God and Christ and the HS are still better than my best day without them.. I've never been a JW but my father is one and he is the most hateful man towards all others who are not JW's that I have ever met. Actually he is nicer towards people who don't have any belief system than he is to those who do... I guess he figures he has a chance to convert them.
Anyway, you hang in there and God will bless you and your family for staying committed to Him and being committed to finding Christ and putting him before the organization. He will bring you the peace and joy within your family that you deserve. He will lift up your children when they miss and don't understand why they no longer have their grandparents.
God's blessings!

Since: Feb 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

Nomi wrote:
The Organization does all it can, to promote, and teach Bible Truth...they can't force individuals to follow it.
As long as you continue the process of baptizing persons into Jehovah's Witnesses, you array responsible for their actions at all times.

You shun disfellowshiped persons 24 hours a day not matter what they are doing or where they are because of the Watchtower. A person is a Witness member of your organization 24/7 as well.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

I follow the rules on Disfellowshipped ones...I don't make the rules. I've never seen that much to gripe about. I have had some in my family. Never was a huge deal.

Since: Jul 11

Portadown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

Self Righteous Topsy wrote:
Rachel what do tell your Jewish friends, Muslim friends, Hindu Friends, Buddhist friends, when they find out you think they are going to be killed during Armeggedon?
Read John 3:36, 1 John 5:11-13, and John 14:6 to them.....
You see, you hold the same selective salvation belief the JW's believe in.
Your just mad because the JW's don't include you. But you have no problem not including them right?
I would have to question my faith if the cult included me.
Are you some kind of lunatic?Your post about me holding the same selective salvation as the jw's is beyond belief.
The watch tower discarded the source of my belief,The Holy Bible,they wrote their own version and called it a translation which contradicts its own gramatical rules.
According to the Watchtower Organization, Feb. 15, 1983, p. 12, there are four requirements for salvation as taught by the Watchtower magazine.
Jesus Christ identified a first requirement when he said in prayer to his Father: "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ." (John 17:3) Knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ includes knowledge of God's purposes regarding the earth and of Christ's role as earth's new King. Will you take in such knowledge by studying the Bible?
Many have found the second requirement more difficult. It is to obey God's laws, yes, to conform one's life to the moral requirements set out in the Bible. This includes refraining from a debauched, immoral way of life.' 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10; 1 Peter 4:3, 4.
A third requirement is that we be associated with God's channel, his organization. God has always used an organization. For example, only those in the ark in Noah's day survived the Flood, and only those associated with the Christian congregation in the first century had God's favor.(Acts 4:12) Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it.
The fourth requirement is connected with loyalty. God requires that prospective subjects of his Kingdom support his government by loyally advocating his Kingdom rule to others. Jesus Christ explained: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth." (Matthew 24:14) Will you meet this requirement by telling others about God's Kingdom?

My Bible tells me.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

In regards to this statement of yours.
Rachel what do tell your Jewish friends, Muslim friends, Hindu Friends, Buddhist friends, when they find out you think they are going to be killed during Armeggedon?
I never have had the priviledge of meeting any of those you list never mind showing them what Almighty God thinks.
Show me from any of my posts where I posted my thoughts,rather than what God says in the Holy Scriptures?
But if I ever am blessed to meet those you mention,I will feel bound to follow the teachings of the Holy Scriptures.
Romans 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

What would you tell them Topsy?
Jah Fan

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

Nomi wrote:
I follow the rules on Disfellowshipped ones...I don't make the rules. I've never seen that much to gripe about. I have had some in my family. Never was a huge deal.
"Lack of natural affection" comes to mind.
Open minded bible student

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Jah Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is complete bullcrap! If parents lie to their kids and the kids buy into it they will eventually find out the truth. The kid feels heartache and tells his friends that his parents lied to him and there is no Santa. Is it the kids fault that his parents lied or is it the parents fault.
I am one of those who still has his publishers card sitting in a box at a kingdom hall, but is no longer attending meetings or going out in service or even considering myself part of the congregation any longer.
Even though I am not disfellowshipped our family doesn't include us in get togethers because we are bad association. Our flaw? We started speaking up about corruption and the made up rules like beards and minivans.(4 door cars are no longer considered acceptable if you have children.)
I didn't "bring this on myself". I knew I could be disfellowshipped for immorality. I was unaware that it would happen if I cares about children and expected to not be lied too.
Rule against minivans? Never heard that one... The beards rule is there so that the members look clean...

Sorry your going through what your going through jah fan... Best wishes
Jah Fan

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Open minded bible student wrote:
<quoted text>
Rule against minivans? Never heard that one... The beards rule is there so that the members look clean...
Its not an official rule, but it is becoming such in the congregations. The number of people you can fit in your vehicle has become a measure of spiritual maturity.

The beard thing is purely a control thing.

Thanks

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Jah Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not an official rule, but it is becoming such in the congregations. The number of people you can fit in your vehicle has become a measure of spiritual maturity.
The beard thing is purely a control thing.
Thanks
heavens forbid that the world sees other then the pristine fasade that the WTS .. deems is necessary to please the GB gods.
So much for clean and humble.. One must present themselves in there Sunday best.. Armani!
Or be relegated to the back seats in the KH..
dee lightful

Easley, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

Open minded bible student wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus and the apostles look dirty because the worn beards ? Where is the scripture that forbids beards?
Do you see how the WT org adds rules to control that have nothing to do with faith? You are bright enough to see that but perhaps don't care that a group of men have no right to control you to such an extent to tell you how to dress, who your friends should be etc. when their only duty should be to preach the Good News and they go way beyond scriptures ?

Since: Jul 11

Portadown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
heavens forbid that the world sees other then the pristine fasade that the WTS .. deems is necessary to please the GB gods.
So much for clean and humble.. One must present themselves in there Sunday best.. Armani!
Or be relegated to the back seats in the KH..
Heaven does indeed forbid it Mara.
1Samuel 16v7.
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

rachel123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven does indeed forbid it Mara.
1Samuel 16v7.
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
some how those scriptures are never taken to heart.. It is as if the march to a different drummer... Which.. They do..

Since: Feb 09

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Nomi wrote:
Regardless of that, it is the Watchtower's religion of converting people into Jehovah's Witnesses for their use that makes them fully responsible for what these do as a member of Jehovah's Witnesses.

A commercial company can be legally sued for the negative actions of someone they employ.

It is no different with Jehovah's Witnesses who work for the the Watchtower under the guise of it being for "Jehovah" God.
remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

Nomi wrote:
There are some here who are not JW's who do not bash. I respect them, and enjoy posting with them. So to a point, I agree with you.
Nomi I dare you to spend one day volunteering for a Catholic soup line>

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Judged:

Nomi wrote:
there are DF ones on here you post to. Thats not shunning DF ones or obeying the GB.
Johnny Gosch

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Judged:

mike wrote:
<quoted text>
To those who are being shunned and labled. Do you think that makes them sad?
Penn St/sex scandal The Washington Times, June 29, 1989 (Front page story ...
Jun 29, 1989 ... The June 29, 1989 issue of The Washington Times newspaper seen below was
gathered up and collected from news stands and newspaper ...

http://educate-yourself.org/tg/franklincoveru ...- 44k
Witness of Jehovah 2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Johnny Gosch wrote:
<quoted text>Penn St/sex scandal The Washington Times, June 29, 1989 (Front page story ...
Jun 29, 1989 ... The June 29, 1989 issue of The Washington Times newspaper seen below was
gathered up and collected from news stands and newspaper ...
http://educate-yourself.org/tg/franklincoveru ...- 44k
you read alot of new's papers..!
The only thing that new's papers get right is the date, and they have got that wrong before hahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••