big difference between KJV and NWT

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
meho

Buchanan, TN

#1 Nov 10, 2012
Why can't JW's see any difference between what the King James Version says and what the New World Translation says? So many JW's tell me they have compared them and that they teach the same thing.
Florida Sunshine

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Nov 10, 2012
meho wrote:
Why can't JW's see any difference between what the King James Version says and what the New World Translation says? So many JW's tell me they have compared them and that they teach the same thing.
Its so obvious that the NWT has changed Gods words..

And God warns people of this,We can see it but they do see it they dont want to change so this is why they complain and pretend not to be able to see the very obvious, plus they dont want to admidt to the mistake the Gb has made..

Their bible is Not a bible but a book of Jw's falsified beleifs.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Nov 11, 2012
Florida Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Its so obvious that the NWT has changed Gods words..
And God warns people of this,We can see it but they do see it they dont want to change so this is why they complain and pretend not to be able to see the very obvious, plus they dont want to admidt to the mistake the Gb has made..
Their bible is Not a bible but a book of Jw's falsified beleifs.
Who has changed the words?

Revelation 1:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Here, The KJV has these words, and attributes them to Jesus,“I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:”

Now let’s see how the other translations all read:

(NWT 1950) 11 saying:“What you see write in a scroll and send it to the seven congregations, in Ephesus and in Smyrna and in Pergamum and in Thyatira and in Sardis and in Philadelphia and in Laodicea.”

(NET 1996-2006) 11 saying:“Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches—to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”

(NASB 1960-95) 11 saying,“Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

(NAB 2011) 11 which said,“Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”

(NRSV 1989) 11saying,‘Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamum, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.’

The KJV has added a spurious phrase, meaning it’s not found in the Greek text, trying to deceive people into believing that Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the one spoken of in verse 8.

Well, another verse that these translators all agree with the NWT that came out many years earlier.

Location hidden

#4 Nov 11, 2012
meho wrote:
Compare the NWT with these other translations accepted in the Christian community

Philippians 2:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

This rendering makes it seem that it was OK, or not robbery to be equal with God.

Now the NWT:

Philippians 2:6 (NWT who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.

And now the others:

Philippians 2:6 New English Translation (NET)
6 who though he existed in the form of God did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped,

Philippians 2:6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Philippians 2:6 New American Bible (NAB)
Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped.

All of these translations agree closely with the NWT, seeing the exact opposite thought being brought out, that being equal with God was something not to even be considered to grasp or seize at, something that wasn’t his to have.

It is very clear that all of these translations agree with the NWT translator’s rendering that was years ahead of the others. But you claim they didn’t know how to translate?
apple pie

Singapore, Singapore

#5 Nov 11, 2012
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

testify. See on ver. 16 3:14 Eph 4:17 1Th 4:6
Lemmy

Sydney, Australia

#6 Nov 11, 2012
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
Compare the NWT with these other translations accepted in the Christian community
Philippians 2:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
This rendering makes it seem that it was OK, or not robbery to be equal with God.
Now the NWT:
Philippians 2:6 (NWT who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.
And now the others:
Philippians 2:6 New English Translation (NET)
6 who though he existed in the form of God did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped,
Philippians 2:6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Philippians 2:6 New American Bible (NAB)
Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped.
All of these translations agree closely with the NWT, seeing the exact opposite thought being brought out, that being equal with God was something not to even be considered to grasp or seize at, something that wasn’t his to have.
It is very clear that all of these translations agree with the NWT translator’s rendering that was years ahead of the others. But you claim they didn’t know how to translate?
Thats because all modern bibles are based on the corrupt text by spiritists Westcott and Hort.They admitted in correspondence between each other that they were going to change the text to suit their beliefs,they hated the recieved text and preferred the sinaitic text which was found in a rubbish bin in Mt Sinai by Tischendorf.This info can be found in a book written by the sons of Westcott and Hort in 1896.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 12, 2012
Lemmy wrote:
<quoted text>Thats because all modern bibles are based on the corrupt text by spiritists Westcott and Hort.They admitted in correspondence between each other that they were going to change the text to suit their beliefs,they hated the recieved text and preferred the sinaitic text which was found in a rubbish bin in Mt Sinai by Tischendorf.This info can be found in a book written by the sons of Westcott and Hort in 1896.
I'm sure that many other Greek texts were consulted and compared to make sure that the translations of these reputable translators are accurate.

The KJV was an excellent translation for it's day, but the many Greek manuscripts that are available today are dated much earlier than the ones used in translating KJV. The older manuscript copies are more accurate to the originals, as they were copied long before the many additions that some devious theologians have added to bolster their Trinitarian bias in the later copies.

The New American Bible by the Catholic translators is considered one of the most accurate. They have available to themselves the largest collection of the older Greek manuscripts in the world, and the best resources available anywhere.
Lemmy

Kellyville, Australia

#8 Nov 12, 2012
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that many other Greek texts were consulted and compared to make sure that the translations of these reputable translators are accurate.
The KJV was an excellent translation for it's day, but the many Greek manuscripts that are available today are dated much earlier than the ones used in translating KJV. The older manuscript copies are more accurate to the originals, as they were copied long before the many additions that some devious theologians have added to bolster their Trinitarian bias in the later copies.
The New American Bible by the Catholic translators is considered one of the most accurate. They have available to themselves the largest collection of the older Greek manuscripts in the world, and the best resources available anywhere.
Professor Walter Veith would disagree with you,his dvd "Changing The Word"explains how the Catholic Church use the Jesuits to sread false teachings,aided by the Freemasons who do most of the dirty work.Revelation 17:4 describes a woman,and the only church which fits this description is the Roman Catholic Church.The nwt may be influenced by many manuscripts,but the only one mentioned in the foreward is the text by Westcott and Hort.The nwt has been compared by some scholars to the niv,now here's something for you to chew on.The niv was published by Harper/Collins who also published The Satanic Bible by Anton Lavey,is that a coincidence?Also The Eagles album Hotel California,has a back cover with Anton Lavey looking over proceedings down below.Is that also coincidence?Remember Charles Taze Russell had freemason links,and you can google Dr.Julius Mantey for his expose on the nwt.Cheers!
Florida Sunshine

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Nov 12, 2012
Lemmy wrote:
<quoted text>Professor Walter Veith would disagree with you,his dvd "Changing The Word"explains how the Catholic Church use the Jesuits to sread false teachings,aided by the Freemasons who do most of the dirty work.Revelation 17:4 describes a woman,and the only church which fits this description is the Roman Catholic Church.The nwt may be influenced by many manuscripts,but the only one mentioned in the foreward is the text by Westcott and Hort.The nwt has been compared by some scholars to the niv,now here's something for you to chew on.The niv was published by Harper/Collins who also published The Satanic Bible by Anton Lavey,is that a coincidence?Also The Eagles album Hotel California,has a back cover with Anton Lavey looking over proceedings down below.Is that also coincidence?Remember Charles Taze Russell had freemason links,and you can google Dr.Julius Mantey for his expose on the nwt.Cheers!
interesting..
Watchtower Predictions

Middletown, NY

#10 Nov 12, 2012
Is it possible that a fairy tale can be improved?

“LADY WARRIOR”

Since: Apr 11

THUG HUNTER

#11 Nov 12, 2012
meho wrote:
The KJV was used before the NWT was printed. The same message, the same truth, and Jehovah's purpose was and still is all there.
Lemmy

Wollongong, Australia

#12 Nov 12, 2012
Crystal Chanda Cassadine wrote:
<quoted text>
The KJV was used before the NWT was printed. The same message, the same truth, and Jehovah's purpose was and still is all there.
What about the 60,000+ words omitted from the nwt?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#13 Nov 12, 2012
Lemmy wrote:
<quoted text>What about the 60,000+ words omitted from the nwt?
Hi Lemmy

My comment:

You state that the NWT had omitted some 60,000 plus words from the Bible.

Is this in comparison to the King James Version(KJV)?

Don’t other Bibles such as the NASB and the NIV along with other modern Bibles also omit these 60,00 plus words?

All the Best

Dave
little lamb

Perth, Australia

#14 Nov 12, 2012
Its never been about translations of the scriptures its always been abou obedience to God and his Christ

Proverbs 2 [1] My son if you will receive my sayings and treasure up my own commandments with yourself, so as to pay attention to wisdom with your ear that you may incline your heart to discernment .........

.......in that case you will understand the fear of Jehovah and you will find the very knowledge of God."

God didn't say we will find the very knowledge of him by the translation we use...thats a furfy

He says we will find the very knowledge of him by obedience to his commandments.

Proverbs 3 [1] My son , my law do not forget and my commandments may your heart observe [2] because length of days and tears of life will be added to you.

Part of Jesus commission.." Go make disciples of people of the nations.....teaching them to OBSERVE all my COMMANDMENTS"

Location hidden

#15 Nov 12, 2012
Lemmy wrote:
<quoted text>Professor Walter Veith would disagree with you,his dvd "Changing The Word"explains how the Catholic Church use the Jesuits to sread false teachings,aided by the Freemasons who do most of the dirty work.Revelation 17:4 describes a woman,and the only church which fits this description is the Roman Catholic Church.The nwt may be influenced by many manuscripts,but the only one mentioned in the foreward is the text by Westcott and Hort.The nwt has been compared by some scholars to the niv,now here's something for you to chew on.The niv was published by Harper/Collins who also published The Satanic Bible by Anton Lavey,is that a coincidence?Also The Eagles album Hotel California,has a back cover with Anton Lavey looking over proceedings down below.Is that also coincidence?Remember Charles Taze Russell had freemason links,and you can google Dr.Julius Mantey for his expose on the nwt.Cheers!
Your post doesn't address the fact that the much earlier manuscripts are still more reliable and accurate to the originals, though no originals are known to still exist.

Your source doesn't address the situation either. Free Masons were not in existence when these much earlier manuscripts were dated from, and the Masons had absolutely nothing to do with these early manuscripts.

The NIV is in my opinion a poor translation, and sometimes just an interpretation, but it is still much more accurate than the KJV.

Rev 17:4 isn't describing the Catholic church, although it is involved. It is all much larger in scope, and includes all false religions that teach Babylonish doctrine, and includes all of the worlds other religions.

C. T. Russell had nothing to do with the NWT, as he used mostly the KJV in his ministry.

Location hidden

#16 Nov 12, 2012
Julius Mantey is not here to defend his comments, but I have seen many expose' on his comments, where he makes many false assumptions, and I have never seen him comment on anything but John 1:1, where he makes the statement that the NWT is the only translation in the world that renders John 1:1c as; "the Word was a God".

He obviously didn't know what he was talking about, because there about 70 translations that render John 1:1 in a similar way as does the NWT.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Nov 12, 2012
Do you think Johannes Gutenberg, who invented the printing press c1400-68, and King James of England, got together and manipulated the King James version to their likeing?

“Family comes First”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

#18 Nov 13, 2012
Remnant143999 wrote:
Do you think Johannes Gutenberg, who invented the printing press c1400-68, and King James of England, got together and manipulated the King James version to their likeing?
The KJV was eventually a very uniting experience for the translators. Initially King James (a Scot) got totally pi**ed off listening to the whining and whingeing of different relgious factions. They'd come to him to get such things as wedding vows altered to suit themselves or maybe to complain about how priests wre ordained etc etc.

Eventually, KJ got so fed up with their whining that he ordered hundreds of quarreling scholars to sit down together and come up with an accurate translation. It took them many years but in time they came to respect one another enough to let their original manuscripts speak for themselves. The result is believed to be one of the best translations ever.
Lemmy

Villawood, Australia

#19 Nov 13, 2012
Dave47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lemmy
My comment:
You state that the NWT had omitted some 60,000 plus words from the Bible.
Is this in comparison to the King James Version(KJV)?
Don’t other Bibles such as the NASB and the NIV along with other modern Bibles also omit these 60,00 plus words?
All the Best
Dave
Howdy Dave,yes this is in comparison to the KJV,and yes all modern bibles omit these words.I suggest you watch the Walter Veith dvd Changing The Word on You Tube with any bibles you have and see for yourself if he is telling the truth,(ditto Richardnak).Freemasons may not have been around all that long but their influence(under the instructions of the Jesuits)is everywhere,the music industry,the movie industry and doesnt the american dollar bill have the masonic eye emblem on it,along with catholic priest robes which have all sorts of emblems on them,especially the pope's robe.Like i said earlier the NIV was published by the same company which published Anton Lavey's Satanic Bible and the NWT is very similar to the NIV.Regards Lemmy
Lemmy

Villawood, Australia

#20 Nov 13, 2012
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post doesn't address the fact that the much earlier manuscripts are still more reliable and accurate to the originals, though no originals are known to still exist.
Your source doesn't address the situation either. Free Masons were not in existence when these much earlier manuscripts were dated from, and the Masons had absolutely nothing to do with these early manuscripts.
The NIV is in my opinion a poor translation, and sometimes just an interpretation, but it is still much more accurate than the KJV.
Rev 17:4 isn't describing the Catholic church, although it is involved. It is all much larger in scope, and includes all false religions that teach Babylonish doctrine, and includes all of the worlds other religions.Why did early Watchtower mags have Masonic emblems on them?By,early manuscripts do you mean the Sinaitic text which was found in a rubbish bin,or Codex Vaticanus endorsed by the corrupt Catholic church.If you think the NIV is a poor translation then the NWT must be as well because they are so similar.
C. T. Russell had nothing to do with the NWT, as he used mostly the KJV in his ministry.
Why did the early Watchtower mags have Masonic emblems on them,if you think the NIV is a poor translation then the NWT must be as well because they are so similar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
YES- People WILL get OUT of HELL! (Nov '15) 2 min the Mad JW 3,985
Does the bible call Jesus..... 3 min dee rightful 59
"ONLY the FLESH died'- the Latest Church Scam! 5 min the Mad JW 609
" tear down this temple! " 41 min Sparlock 113
Is there a distinction.... 1 hr Samson 122
The Eternal Word that Samson calls a creature .. 1 hr Samson 74
Jesus has a God 1 hr Samson 242
Jesus- the Hippy Godman who Pretended to Die? 4 hr russiav 130
The BIG JW Lie! 6 hr PrufSammy 369
More from around the web