JW's who have been 'reproved'

JW's who have been 'reproved'

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

UNchained

Louisville, TN

#1 Sep 13, 2013
Do JW's who have been 'reproved' have to apply for reinstatement in order for their congregation privileges to be gradually restored?
art

London, UK

#2 Sep 13, 2013
what do you mean by reproved? a dissing? or just a severve bollocking as they say in the army. and what are the privileges that Jws get
You don;t mean going around door knocking and sitting through dreary meeting all hours of the week

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3 Sep 13, 2013
No you don't have to write any letters as if you were DF'd since you are deemed by these dudes as being repentant. I was reproved publicly twice. They still made the announcement from the stage, but its kind of like a JW probation. They strip you of all duties; you can't read the baby answers out of the WT, give talks or hold the microphones. Basically you come there and just sit and listen to how much you need the GB until you vomit!
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#4 Sep 13, 2013
The question becomes, why would you want to be reinstated to an organization, that doesn't believe or ministers the covenant Jesus mediates?

What have they got to offer, that can benefit us more then Jehovah's bond of his covenant?
mediated by Jesus.?

I was interested that Ezekiel uses the phrase ' bond of the covenant' because it shows how Jehovah binds himself to us in love...why settle for less then Gods love.
Wanted dead or Alive

Wausau, WI

#5 Sep 14, 2013
little lamb wrote:
The question becomes, why would you want to be reinstated to an organization, that doesn't believe or ministers the covenant Jesus mediates?
What have they got to offer, that can benefit us more then Jehovah's bond of his covenant?
mediated by Jesus.?
I was interested that Ezekiel uses the phrase ' bond of the covenant' because it shows how Jehovah binds himself to us in love...why settle for less then Gods love.
Very good post ll, yes I agree as why anyone would want to go back after all the child like behaviors and being disaplined instead of allowing God to take care of the issue ?
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#6 Sep 14, 2013
little lamb wrote:
mediated by Jesus.?
Good points.

The Jehovah's Witness cult ignores Luke 15:11-32 with their 'reproof' policy.

I have a friend who was 'privately reproved' in a congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

18 months later he still could not answer during the mind numbing Watchtower Study or any of the other indoctrination reinforcement sessions.

Finally, 2 elders wanted to meet with him.
They said he had to apply for reinstatement before he could have any privileges restored.
He told the 2 elders that he wasn't disfellowshiped and nothing he read from the society indicated that a person who wasn't disfellowshiped had to apply for reinstatement. The 2 elders told him that he would receive no privileges unless he applied.
The brother was so upset about it that he asked 2 brothers from another congregation why he had to apply for reinstatement. They told him he didn't have to apply. He started attending that congregation and within 2 months had all his former privileges back.

I was already out of the cult but he still talked with me. I told him that he was being played for a fool and needed to leave the cult and go to Jesus.

Eventually, he moved again and never went back to another JW cult meeting. Last I heard, he had received Christ as his savior despite that none of his JW family would associate with him. I believe that he is better off without their toxic attitudes.
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#7 Sep 14, 2013
art wrote:
what do you mean by reproved? a dissing? or just a severve bollocking as they say in the army. and what are the privileges that Jws get
You don;t mean going around door knocking and sitting through dreary meeting all hours of the week
A dissing.

A male JW gets to be a mike jockey, work behind the litter counter and hand out Watchtower magazines, operate a cd player when the 'We are JW's' songs are sung and if he brownnoses enough he gets to read the paragraphs during the Watchtower Study.

Pretty impressive accomplishments for someone who has been denied a normal life.
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#8 Sep 14, 2013
Wanted dead or Alive wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good post ll, yes I agree as why anyone would want to go back after all the child like behaviors and being disaplined instead of allowing God to take care of the issue ?
Amen.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#9 Sep 14, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points.
The Jehovah's Witness cult ignores Luke 15:11-32 with their 'reproof' policy.
I have a friend who was 'privately reproved' in a congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.
18 months later he still could not answer during the mind numbing Watchtower Study or any of the other indoctrination reinforcement sessions.
Finally, 2 elders wanted to meet with him.
They said he had to apply for reinstatement before he could have any privileges restored.
He told the 2 elders that he wasn't disfellowshiped and nothing he read from the society indicated that a person who wasn't disfellowshiped had to apply for reinstatement. The 2 elders told him that he would receive no privileges unless he applied.
The brother was so upset about it that he asked 2 brothers from another congregation why he had to apply for reinstatement. They told him he didn't have to apply. He started attending that congregation and within 2 months had all his former privileges back.
I was already out of the cult but he still talked with me. I told him that he was being played for a fool and needed to leave the cult and go to Jesus.
Eventually, he moved again and never went back to another JW cult meeting. Last I heard, he had received Christ as his savior despite that none of his JW family would associate with him. I believe that he is better off without their toxic attitudes.
I believe Gods word tells us what is happening when men do these humiliating things to other men

Psalm 62 [4] Indeed they give advice so as to allure from ones own dignity.."

They have no idea or respect of another persons dignity , just enjoying wielding power and dominating man to his injury.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#10 Sep 14, 2013
My first post got lost am reposting...

I believe scripture tells us that ' man dominates other men to their injury'

And that to be aware that man often gives advice as Psalms says 62 [4] They give advice so as to allure from ones own dignity'
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Sep 18, 2013
What privledges, cutting weeds/landskape work, washing windows?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loving the taste of wormwood. 27 min sidgi 263
God= ONE Being...or THREE? (Sep '15) 51 min the Mad JW 154
John 1:1 56 min 1919 DOA 65
The JWS are the Happiest people on earth. 56 min the Mad JW 26
Scriptures that PROVE the 'Holy Trinity'! 59 min the Mad JW 81
Jesus- Lesser God or Archangel? 1 hr the Mad JW 48
Banned posts on Adam and Eve 1 hr DR SOS 3
How Could God Essentially Turn an Angel Into God? 1 hr dee rightful 496
Was Adam black and Eve white? 2 hr pbrow 25
Two-class System of JWs explained. 3 hr Samson 291