Why do Jehovah's Witnesses churches have no windows?

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Claude Kenneson

Monticello, FL

#1 Aug 1, 2006
This very question was posed to columnist Philip Milano of the Jacksonville, Florida Times Union. you will find remarks of several individuals and the reasons they offer, ranging from deterrence to vandalism, to it's easier to cool and heat. Even J.R. Brown gives his two-cents worth and replies to Jehovah's Witness critic Paul Blizard.

http:www.jacksonville.com/tu-o nline/stories/080106/enm_41047 79.shtml
KingdomChild

Candiac, Canada

#2 Aug 1, 2006
You have nothing better to do than whine about KIngdom Hall's seeming lack of windows? Get a life man!
NMB

AOL

#3 Aug 1, 2006
Claude,

There are Kingdom Halls with windows. Some local building codes require them.

monkeyarms

Kansas City, MO

#4 Aug 1, 2006
The kingdom hall I attend has double glass doors on the front, a single glass door on the back, four floor to ceiling glass windows on each side of the main auditorium. It was built in the 1970's, but now most halls are built without.

We have had someone shoot through our glass doors, but they are still glass.

People gaze out the windows sometimes. I've never heard it mentioned by anyone. I think some of these people who post the fantasies about mind control and not seeing people burn could use a little help with their minds.

Anyone can visit a Kingdom Hall anytime there is a meeting and see for themselves, rather than try to harm Jehovah's Witnesses by spreading slanderous rumors. What do you suppose their motive would be? Nothing good, that's for sure.
Catherine Partin

Bowling Green, OH

#5 Aug 2, 2006
The reason there are no window's in he kindom halls is simple it is for insurance purpose's , simple as that . when all of you people wander about us instad of making up these absurd things , the simple thing to do is ask one of us we don't bite..After all we are right aout there in the open and you are welcome to visit
our halls , have a nice day ..
Steve Lowry

United States

#6 Aug 2, 2006
Catherine Partin wrote:
The reason there are no window's in he kindom halls is simple it is for insurance purpose's , simple as that . when all of you people wander about us instad of making up these absurd things , the simple thing to do is ask one of us we don't bite..After all we are right aout there in the open and you are welcome to visit
our halls , have a nice day ..
Insurance purposes? Against what? I never thought much about it growing up a JW, but I went to many KH's and all of them were without windows as I recall. This observation has come up before in the forums, and what I have heard it is that windows create distractions. That sounds more plausible than insurance reasons, by hey, I dunno.
Steve Lowry

United States

#7 Aug 2, 2006
monkeyarms wrote:
The kingdom hall I attend has double glass doors on the front, a single glass door on the back, four floor to ceiling glass windows on each side of the main auditorium. It was built in the 1970's, but now most halls are built without.
We have had someone shoot through our glass doors, but they are still glass.
People gaze out the windows sometimes. I've never heard it mentioned by anyone. I think some of these people who post the fantasies about mind control and not seeing people burn could use a little help with their minds.
Anyone can visit a Kingdom Hall anytime there is a meeting and see for themselves, rather than try to harm Jehovah's Witnesses by spreading slanderous rumors. What do you suppose their motive would be? Nothing good, that's for sure.
Monkey, I thought you were going to "return to non-dialogue simply because it is the course of wisdom". But yet I see you still enjoy visiting here to chit chat. Kinda addictive coming here, eh? ;u)
Nina

Hollywood, FL

#8 Aug 2, 2006
So...this is a place for Jehovah's Witness and others to chat about stuff? Interesting about the no windows, never thought of that until now either.
RedhorseWoman

Seekonk, MA

#9 Aug 2, 2006
The Kingdom Hall that I attended while growing up did initially have windows, but they were later closed over and the Hall now has no windows at all.

Some do still have windows, but they are often high on the walls and not really usable for viewing anything, but only for ventilation.

I can't honestly think of any "insurance reasons" for not having windows. Could you be more specific? Perhaps give a quote of some insurance requirement that churches or public buildings cannot have windows? Doesn't make sense. Most churches DO have windows, and I'm sure that they also have insurance. Why would Kingdom Halls be prohibited from having windows for insurance purposes while other churches do not have the same prohibition?
NMB

AOL

#10 Aug 2, 2006
RedhorseWoman wrote:
The Kingdom Hall that I attended while growing up did initially have windows, but they were later closed over and the Hall now has no windows at all.
Some do still have windows, but they are often high on the walls and not really usable for viewing anything, but only for ventilation.
I can't honestly think of any "insurance reasons" for not having windows. Could you be more specific? Perhaps give a quote of some insurance requirement that churches or public buildings cannot have windows? Doesn't make sense. Most churches DO have windows, and I'm sure that they also have insurance. Why would Kingdom Halls be prohibited from having windows for insurance purposes while other churches do not have the same prohibition?
One of the Kingdom Halls I have attended had windows. It had three windows broken repeatedly. The insurance company paid for the repairs and just kept raising the premiums.

No windows, no breakage.

There is your biase coming out again. There is no prohibition against windows but why would you want to keep paying higher premiums when you can save the cost?
monkeyarms

Kansas City, MO

#11 Aug 2, 2006
NMB wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the Kingdom Halls I have attended had windows. It had three windows broken repeatedly. The insurance company paid for the repairs and just kept raising the premiums.
No windows, no breakage.
There is your biase coming out again. There is no prohibition against windows but why would you want to keep paying higher premiums when you can save the cost?
Don't try to make sense of it, NMB. She is so full of poison she has to let it out, even when there is no reason for it.
RedhorseWoman

United States

#12 Aug 3, 2006
Bias? Poison? Why must you constantly think in negative terms when a simple question is asked? I had interpreted the term "insurance reasons" as some sort of "requirement."

Your explanation makes sense, although not for every Kingdom Hall, since I'm sure that they all don't experience the same thing. However, it is perfectly reasonable that windows would be eliminated in order to avoid paying higher premiums.

Again, all I was looking for was some sort of explanation. Why are you so defensive and ready to attack?

Monkey, I simply don't understand your hatred being expressed here. I have never insulted you, but simply asked questions that, I'm afraid, you have been unable or unwilling to answer.

Your "loving" response has been to accuse me of shady ethics and morals and now you state that I am "full of poison."

Why are YOU so hateful and vicious? Is this the Christian "love" of which you speak so often?
Yonny

Sri Lanka

#13 Aug 3, 2006
Though not an active member at present, I grew up in a JW family. In fact the first Kingdom Hall to be built in Sri Lanka (then Ceylon) was on my dad's property. I can assure you that it had plenty of windows!!! It was recently rebuilt and re-dedicated, and the new one also has plenty of windows!! So do most other Kingdom Halls in Sri Lanka.

I have visited many Kingdom Halls all over Asia, Europe and the USA and a lack of windows have never registered as a definite architectural feature.

You are being a bit petty eh? And this from a non-active witness at that!!!

Maybe we can both have a change of heart by visiting the "Deliverance At Hand" - District Convention. Our local one begins tomorrow at the local cricket stadium.
RedhorseWoman

United States

#14 Aug 3, 2006
Who is being "petty?" The question was asked in the first post on this thread because a good number (perhaps the majority) of Kingdom Halls in the US do not have windows. People wonder why. I personally don't care. It seems more efficient for heating and cooling that way, but it also inhibits any member from getting a relaxing view from time to time.

It was mentioned that "no windows" was because of insurance reasons, and I was wondering why there should be some sort of insurance prohibition against windows in a Watchtower meeting place.

No one really seems to know the reason, and I personally don't care, but the question often comes up when talking with worldly people and it would be nice to know the real reason behind it, don't you think?
Nina

Hollywood, FL

#15 Aug 3, 2006
Can I ask you guys, out of you that used to go to the hall, or were a JW, what were your reasons for leaving? I was just wondering cause I havent been to a meeting in like years myself.
monkeyarms

Kansas City, MO

#16 Aug 3, 2006
Yonny wrote:
Though not an active member at present, I grew up in a JW family. In fact the first Kingdom Hall to be built in Sri Lanka (then Ceylon) was on my dad's property. I can assure you that it had plenty of windows!!! It was recently rebuilt and re-dedicated, and the new one also has plenty of windows!! So do most other Kingdom Halls in Sri Lanka.
I have visited many Kingdom Halls all over Asia, Europe and the USA and a lack of windows have never registered as a definite architectural feature.
You are being a bit petty eh? And this from a non-active witness at that!!!
Maybe we can both have a change of heart by visiting the "Deliverance At Hand" - District Convention. Our local one begins tomorrow at the local cricket stadium.
Yonny, beware! Google the screen name of anyone you have a question about, and you will see that there is not going to be a change of heart.

HEBREWS 6:4-8 4For it is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, 5and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, 6but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame. 7For example, the ground that drinks in the rain which often comes upon it, and that then brings forth vegetation suitable to those for whom it is also cultivated, receives in return a blessing from God. 8But if it produces thorns and thistles, it is rejected and is near to being cursed; and it ends up with being burned.

This person speaks of talking to worldly people, but she is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses. She never lets a day pass without doing something to try to harm the reputation of Jehovah's Witnesses individually and as an organization. She has called the governing body "bastards" and continually makes the claim that someone is getting rich in the Watchtower organization, though she has never named such a person. She has hidden secret sins and posed as a faithful Witness (the account is on this post), and you will see in your Google search that she befriends immoral ex-Jehovah's Witnesses and encourages them in their immorality. She has claimed that there is a huge evil coverup of sexual abuse in Jehovah's organization and that many lawsuits are going to be won.

Everything I have stated above is on public record, but you will have to wade through a lot of filth to see it.

Beware!
RedhorseWoman

United States

#17 Aug 3, 2006
[quote]This person speaks of talking to worldly people, but she is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses. She never lets a day pass without doing something to try to harm the reputation of Jehovah's Witnesses individually and as an organization.[/quote]

Perhaps you should give specifics about your claims rather than resorting to innuendo and gossip? Of course, if you are twisting facts, then you would not be eager to do so, now, would you?

[quote]She has called the governing body "bastards" and continually makes the claim that someone is getting rich in the Watchtower organization, though she has never named such a person.[/quote]

Perhaps I did refer to the GB in that manner, but I certainly don't remember exactly when. You must REALLY be obsessed with me, Monkey. LOL "Someone" is getting rich? Really? When did I ever say that? I have stated that the organization, itself, is very rich, however. Twisting things once again, Monkey?

[quote]She has hidden secret sins and posed as a faithful Witness (the account is on this post), and you will see in your Google search that she befriends immoral ex-Jehovah's Witnesses and encourages them in their immorality.[/quote]

Secret sins? Such as? Encourage "immorality?" Methinks you are not only lying but bordering on slander and libel, Monkey.

[quote]She has claimed that there is a huge evil coverup of sexual abuse in Jehovah's organization and that many lawsuits are going to be won.[/quote]

This is just about the only factual statement you have made. There IS a coverup of sexual abuse and lawsuits HAVE been entered. There have also been multiple out-of-court settlements made by the WTS and many former JWs have finally been able to bring criminal charges against their JW molesters, who were sentenced to prison for their crimes.

My goodness, Monkey, you certainly are running scared, aren't you? Too many facts for you to deal with, so you have to try to besmirch someone's reputation by lies, gossip and twisting of facts? Such "love" you show....NOT!
RedhorseWoman

United States

#18 Aug 3, 2006
BTW, Monkey, I do want to thank you for showing all of the posters and lurkers here exactly how JWs treat others. On the one hand, they are there with smiling faces telling everyone how "loving and kind" they are, and then they turn around and act like rabid dogs when someone dares to speak the truth about their beloved publishing company.

Is THIS how "the only true Christians on the face of the earth" are supposed to act?
Steve Lowry

United States

#19 Aug 3, 2006
RedhorseWoman wrote:
BTW, Monkey, I do want to thank you for showing all of the posters and lurkers here exactly how JWs treat others. On the one hand, they are there with smiling faces telling everyone how "loving and kind" they are, and then they turn around and act like rabid dogs when someone dares to speak the truth about their beloved publishing company.
Is THIS how "the only true Christians on the face of the earth" are supposed to act?
Hey RHW, youre in good company. A few years ago I was a regular on the Drlauara.com forum (which has since been shut down). For some reason known only to the JWs who frequented there, there were many, I mean many JWs who posted there. When I discovered the website I saw them proselytizing to unsuspecting (and unaware of the real-world JW lifestyle) other forum members. They were as sweet as pie and came off like just another benign religious sect of Christianity. It was almost sickening listen to JWs there proclaiming the value of the family unit, knowing all along how they shun anyone in their family who leaves their precious WBTS. Well sir, it didnt take long and it wasnt difficult for me to get them to show their true colors (kinda like what I have seen here directed towards you). I started challenging them on what they REALLY believed (blood transfusions, shunning, etc.). When I explained to the other forum members there who were Christians, just how the Watchtower Society and Jehovahs Witnesses really viewed them, boy the gloves came off. At first they tried to save face with subterfuge and when that didnt work they tried their very best to demonize me in every way possible. I never exchange the first personal insult, and just kept asking the tough questions like,Is it true that any other religion outside of the Watchtower Society is of the great Harlot and belongs to the Devil? My goodness they were so rude to me there that I received email after email from other forum members thanking me for getting the JWs to show who they really were. It was like the JWs were so full of hatred for a former member (me), they couldnt stop themselves from incriminating themselves. And it was so easy to do. So, join the club. It just means youre hitting home. Maybe there are JWs who lurk here who also see how rude they (the JWs) are behaving and it will make them think.

Steve
monkeyarms

Kansas City, MO

#20 Aug 3, 2006
RedhorseWoman wrote:
[quote]This person speaks of talking to worldly people, but she is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses. She never lets a day pass without doing something to try to harm the reputation of Jehovah's Witnesses individually and as an organization.[/quote]
Perhaps you should give specifics about your claims rather than resorting to innuendo and gossip? Of course, if you are twisting facts, then you would not be eager to do so, now, would you?
[quote]She has called the governing body "bastards" and continually makes the claim that someone is getting rich in the Watchtower organization, though she has never named such a person.[/quote]
Perhaps I did refer to the GB in that manner, but I certainly don't remember exactly when. You must REALLY be obsessed with me, Monkey. LOL "Someone" is getting rich? Really? When did I ever say that? I have stated that the organization, itself, is very rich, however. Twisting things once again, Monkey?
[quote]She has hidden secret sins and posed as a faithful Witness (the account is on this post), and you will see in your Google search that she befriends immoral ex-Jehovah's Witnesses and encourages them in their immorality.[/quote]
Secret sins? Such as? Encourage "immorality?" Methinks you are not only lying but bordering on slander and libel, Monkey.
[quote]She has claimed that there is a huge evil coverup of sexual abuse in Jehovah's organization and that many lawsuits are going to be won.[/quote]
This is just about the only factual statement you have made. There IS a coverup of sexual abuse and lawsuits HAVE been entered. There have also been multiple out-of-court settlements made by the WTS and many former JWs have finally been able to bring criminal charges against their JW molesters, who were sentenced to prison for their crimes.
My goodness, Monkey, you certainly are running scared, aren't you? Too many facts for you to deal with, so you have to try to besmirch someone's reputation by lies, gossip and twisting of facts? Such "love" you show....NOT!
As I said before:

All on public record.

You have documented your reputation on the Internet for all to see if they want to. Your own words and actions have besmirched your reputation, not I.

We are not required to love what Jehovah hates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Blood Thing Made Simple 14 min mike 28
The Great FDS Own Goal 27 min UNchained 297
The TRUE MEDICINE. 28 min little lamb 84
How could Jesus be created, if he is the creator? 28 min JLK 312
The resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, Spir... 56 min Anchor 21
Can anyone give a clear explanation.. 56 min Brother P 126
Found this today about Gods name. 1 hr pcloadletter 2,130
2WitnessRule 2 hr Aneirin 643

Jehovah's Witness People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE