First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jace

Clinton, MD

#1 Dec 12, 2012
*** w70 6/15 pp. 382-384 Questions From Readers ***

• Is God still selecting individuals to be associated with his Son in the heavenly kingdom? Or is it the hope of earthly life that all who dedicate themselves to Jehovah have in this day?—U.S.A.

Even in modern times, until about 1935, the call continued to go forth to bring in the remaining ones of the 144,000, or the “remnant.”

Since then, however, the emphasis has been primarily on gathering the “great crowd” of “other sheep,” who have earthly hopes. The “bride” has extended the invitation to these persons to drink life’s water.(Rev. 22:17) Their numbers have been greatly increasing, while the number of those professing to be of the heavenly calling"

#########

PLEASE NOTE BELOW

"Does this mean that, since about 1935, those already resurrected to heaven together with the spirit-begotten remnant yet on earth have made full the number of 144,000?

Yes, that is the conclusion to which the evidence points. The general call for such ones has ceased to go out."

##########

YES HEAVEN WAS SHUT IN 1935- AS SEEN ABOVE

with the increase from 8000 to 12,000 according to the wt GOD OPENED HEAVE BACK UP AGAIN

LOL
jace

Clinton, MD

#2 Dec 12, 2012
"the evidence points"

now be honest folks DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THE WT STYLE EVIDENCE when it comes to stuff

their evidence ALWAYS TURNS OUT TO BE FOOLS GOLD

Since: Apr 10

Bellville, South Africa

#3 Dec 13, 2012
"the evidence points"

now be honest folks DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THE WT STYLE EVIDENCE when it comes to stuff

>>.Yes and the JW will say !

>>You see Jace you you just dont understand

>>God corrects them through the Bible while the Holy Spirit brings scriptural correction!
BUDGIE

UK

#4 Dec 13, 2012
A bit hit and miss if you ask me.. I don't think that I could put my faith in a god that keeps changing his mind.. Not very reliable realy.. and what with 100% per cent failure rate of quote,(""declaring things to come"")... noooooo I don't think so.

“GOD'S TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

A SMALL VILLAGE IN UPSTATE NY

#5 Dec 13, 2012
BUDGIE wrote:
A bit hit and miss if you ask me.. I don't think that I could put my faith in a god that keeps changing his mind.. Not very reliable realy.. and what with 100% per cent failure rate of quote,(""declaring things to come"")... noooooo I don't think so.
It seems to me that you are using the beneficial spirit of a sound mind...and applying basic common sense in your reasoning. It all comes down to the "tried and true" when placing our trust in *anything*. Relying on ones that have a wretched and proven history of getting things wrong time and again....are not deserving of anyone's trust.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6 Dec 13, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>It seems to me that you are using the beneficial spirit of a sound mind...and applying basic common sense in your reasoning. It all comes down to the "tried and true" when placing our trust in *anything*. Relying on ones that have a wretched and proven history of getting things wrong time and again....are not deserving of anyone's trust.
Good points, and if god gave man all these reasoning abilities he would expect him to use them.
Lindsay Mckenzie

Monticello, NY

#7 Dec 13, 2012
Today's New Moon could be a powerful one for the Fish. You may not appreciate the added responsibility, but look at the events of the next few weeks as being your opportunity to make change for the better. You'll be able to speak with great conviction, so live your truth for all the world to see.
Daniel a Slave of Christ

Odessa, TX

#8 Dec 13, 2012
Does the Holy Spirit mistakenly slander and throw out WTS members for false teachings that change later? Here we have the ultimate hypocrisy, hopefully not sinning against the Holy Spirit? WTS members claiming the GB and Elders are lead by Holy Spirit while the WTS has a long list of failed end-times prophecy that has destroyed the names and lives of members disagreeing with those teachings.

James 1:16 Don't be deceived, my beloved brothers. 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom can be no variation, nor turning shadow.

Isaiah 32:6 For the fool will speak folly, and his heart will work iniquity, to practice profanity, and to utter error against Yahweh, To make empty the soul of the hungry, and to cause the drink of the thirsty to fail.

Hypocritically stating how the elders and GB are readjusted by God's Holy Spirit. Adding too this religious hate and blindness they judge all other religion making the same claims as apostate and evil religion. When God's Holy Spirit spoke through Paul stating that God would give them over to a spirit of error that they might get to believing the lie. Sadly, when WTS members deny first the truth in their own religion fruit and continue to justify such unrighteous conduct, they are believing the lie!

Ephesians 4:14 that we may no longer be children, tossed back and forth and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in craftiness, after the wiles of error.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 Because of this, God sends them a working of error, that they should believe a lie.
BUDGIE

UK

#9 Dec 13, 2012
Lindsay Mckenzie wrote:
Today's New Moon could be a powerful one for the Fish. You may not appreciate the added responsibility, but look at the events of the next few weeks as being your opportunity to make change for the better. You'll be able to speak with great conviction, so live your truth for all the world to see.
OH so thats why me goldfish is swiming around his bowl opposite to normal.. he's making a change for the better.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#10 Dec 13, 2012
BUDGIE wrote:
<quoted text>OH so thats why me goldfish is swiming around his bowl opposite to normal.. he's making a change for the better.
You know, "we had to put our budgie down." ;-)
BUDGIE

UK

#11 Dec 14, 2012
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, "we had to put our budgie down." ;-)
Mines up an runnin on all four cylinders at the mo, he's about three years old ,,,and noisy.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#12 Dec 14, 2012
hey jace, ya gotta give them credit.... closing the door to heaven wasn't easy.

they had to get members to believe the
other-sheep were not the gentiles grafeted into the tree, but instead are the second resurrection group in advance of the 1000 yrs.

it took lots of tricky talk and a lot of jws still buy into it, long after they have left the jw organization.
jace

Clinton, MD

#13 Dec 15, 2012
Johan Henze wrote:
"the evidence points"
>>.Yes and the JW will say !
>>You see Jace you you just dont understand
>>God corrects them through the Bible while the Holy Spirit brings scriptural correction!
so true indeed - only to demostrate for nonjw that jw are not critical thinkers at all

if the society says it today then its true UNTIL THEY CHANCE WITH NEW NEWER TRUTH
abrother

Milan, MI

#14 Dec 15, 2012
jace wrote:
*** w70 6/15 pp. 382-384 Questions From Readers ***
• Is God still selecting individuals to be associated with his Son in the heavenly kingdom? Or is it the hope of earthly life that all who dedicate themselves to Jehovah have in this day?—U.S.A.
Even in modern times, until about 1935, the call continued to go forth to bring in the remaining ones of the 144,000, or the “remnant.”
Since then, however, the emphasis has been primarily on gathering the “great crowd” of “other sheep,” who have earthly hopes. The “bride” has extended the invitation to these persons to drink life’s water.(Rev. 22:17) Their numbers have been greatly increasing, while the number of those professing to be of the heavenly calling"
#########
PLEASE NOTE BELOW
"Does this mean that, since about 1935, those already resurrected to heaven together with the spirit-begotten remnant yet on earth have made full the number of 144,000?
Yes, that is the conclusion to which the evidence points. The general call for such ones has ceased to go out."
##########
YES HEAVEN WAS SHUT IN 1935- AS SEEN ABOVE
with the increase from 8000 to 12,000 according to the wt GOD OPENED HEAVE BACK UP AGAIN
LOL
Maybe Ray Franz or Ed Dulap wrote that article.
jace

Clinton, MD

#15 Dec 15, 2012
BUDGIE wrote:
so true

god gets confused sometimes according to the wt since they are merely passing on what he says to them
jace

Clinton, MD

#16 Dec 15, 2012
abrother wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Ray Franz or Ed Dulap wrote that article.
Dunlap never a GB - why are you so ignonrant

The 1935 dogma of heaven being shut was being taught long before this 1972 article -

ray rolled into bethel around 1971

this article only REINFORCED WHAT WAS ALREAD DOGMA

would you like to try again

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#17 Dec 15, 2012
gosh jace, you are so critical..... what would you have done if you claimed the 144,000 was a literal number, and almost all of them were your followers, and now you had more than 144,000 followers?
Daniel a Slave of Christ

Odessa, TX

#18 Dec 16, 2012
Sadly enough if WTS members actually knew the history of Christianity they would know there were more than 144,000 Christian's within the first 100-years from Christ, not including the hundreds of thousand during two thousands years leading up to the new light in 1935.

How sad is this teachings?
jace

Clinton, MD

#19 Dec 16, 2012
red blood relative wrote:
gosh jace, you are so critical..... what would you have done if you claimed the 144,000 was a literal number, and almost all of them were your followers, and now you had more than 144,000 followers?
good point

i would have no choice but to revise like the wt did great point
jace

Clinton, MD

#20 Dec 16, 2012
Daniel a Slave of Christ wrote:
Sadly enough if WTS members actually knew the history of Christianity they would know there were more than 144,000 Christian's within the first 100-years from Christ, not including the hundreds of thousand during two thousands years leading up to the new light in 1935.
How sad is this teachings?
YOU MAN AN EXCELLENT POINT

in fact the wt made the mistake of admitting that more than 144,000 folks were christians and then HAD TO REVERSE WHAT THEY SAID

THEY tried to clean it up in a QFR

*** w52 1/15 p. 62 Questions From Readers ***
Questions From Readers

&#9679; According to the article “Hated for His Name” in the September 1, 1951, Watchtower, hundreds of thousands of Christians died in the “ten persecutions” starting in Nero’s time, 144,000 dying in Egypt alone during one of the persecutions. How can this be harmonized with the Scriptural limitation of 144,000 placed on the number being in Christ’s body, and which position was the only one open to Christians during those centuries?—J.A., Dominican Republic.

the article in question that produced this QFR is below

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PARADISE-Heaven or earth? 36 min aadriver 33
Why I'm STILL one of Jehovah's Witnesses... 43 min aadriver 241
Was C.T. Russell a con artist or a man of God? 59 min UNchained 53
NO better than the rest of us 1 hr Billy Bonehead 1
Why was the NWT written? (Dec '13) 1 hr UNchained 568
John 3:16 1 hr Pat 60
Jehovah's Witnesses and John 1:3 1 hr UNchained 199
JW'S are 100% right about the trinity? 1 hr Snorkler 1,136
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 8 hr Kenneson 16,720
The Anointed 10 hr Ex-JW 69