Soul-searching needed by Roman Catholics

Soul-searching needed by Roman Catholics

There are 92 comments on the The Gleaner story from Dec 29, 2012, titled Soul-searching needed by Roman Catholics. In it, The Gleaner reports that:

THE RESULTS of the 2011 Population Census of Jamaica , released by the Statistical Institute of Jamaica on October 17, 2012, show that the Christian denominations which are members of the Jamaica Council of Churches declined in absolute numbers between 2001 and 2011.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gleaner.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 Dec 30, 2012
According the JW 2013 Yearbook on jw.org , there was a slight decrease in their Jamaica membership, a couple congregations dissolved, and at their annual Memorial attendance was 14% decrease.
the truth

United States

#2 Dec 30, 2012
Catholicism is a lie.
Enlightened

Bronx, NY

#3 Dec 30, 2012
Most of what mankind couldn't explain, was attributed to God. Now we can explain how the earth was made, where fire comes from, what a solar eclipse is, etc etc
Also, other religions before Catholicism/Christianity, had basically the same structure, long before Jesus was supposedly born. And it wasn't Dec 25. That's the winter solstice, how they converted pagans. Assimilate their beliefs with the pagan holidays. Same as Easter, spring solstice.
The census taking in Jerusalem didn't occur in December.

I'm not knocking anyone that believes, but I was raised a Catholic, and it's one of the most hypocritical religions out there. It changes like a chameleon to suit it's needs. And then there is the pedophile scandal. I had a priest touch me inappropriately when I was a child but never said anything because I knew no one would believe me. After he passed away, a boat load of people came forward.
When the worst of the worst was brought to court in Massachusetts, he sat in court with a sneer on his face. The children told their parents and the parents punished the kids. Some slapped the kids and told them to never say that again. And the bishops and the Pope knew all along. They are evil. 100% They just moved the priests around instead of doing something.

I went to Catholic school where they freely beat the children, and encouraged hazing when I got to high school. They even had a special night where all the parents were invited to watch us put on stage and humiliated to no end. They called it initiation.

Organized religion is an abomination. I don't need to give a man dressed in black 10% of my annual income to talk to God. I can do that any where I please.

Corrupt as all get out. Taking church funds and investing in the stock market, nomproperty tax, no help for the parishoners in need. Just stand there with their collection baskets out to pressure you in front of the whole congregation. It's a fear based religion
Enlightened

Bronx, NY

#4 Dec 30, 2012
Some of the manest, backstabbing, down right hateful people I have ever met, are regular parishoners of their church.

They go to church and then gossip etc as soon as they leave the building.

It cracks me up that the bible says only God will judge, but then they do exactly that.

On the other hand I have had people in my life that are just the opposite, kind and non judgmental. Unfortunately they were few and far between
Enlightened

Bronx, NY

#5 Dec 30, 2012
Manest=meanest (sp)
the truth

United States

#6 Dec 30, 2012
That is awful. You arent the only person Ive heard say Catholocism made them feel guilty at all times. All those children in the world molested by these priests is disheartening. Really.
I cant believe that happened to you. I know this must make you stronger with the most high without going thru no one to get to God.
Religion is a choice, I jus do not believe in organized religion in any way. Churches are a business to me. The pastor is a crook. Lives the best life & everyone else is asking for mercy. That stuff is a lie.......No human knows God more than me. God is personal. Jus open your mouth & speak.

“JWs PREACH LIES!”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7 Dec 30, 2012
the truth wrote:
Catholicism is a lie.
This is not a Catholic forum.

The is a jehovah's witness forum.

BTW, the Catholics gave you fools the fake, fabricated name, "jehovah".
Enlightened

Bronx, NY

#8 Dec 30, 2012
I agree 100-The God I believe in is the same as the artist Prince. He ditched Catholicism too-says his God is a loving God, loves him for the good he does instead of focusing on the bad and always always always punishment & guilt. It was a horrible way to grow up. Being told you are born with sin! An innocent baby born bad. I don't miss it and I don't gloat in the Catholic churches inevitable demise, it brought it on itself.

The parishoners used to elect priests, bishops and the Pope but they changed that. Vatican City reminds me of the Mafia and it's in Italy-go figure. The Pope is the Don. The bishops carry out his dirty work and the priests are the hit men to keep everyone in line. Corruption at it's finest. And they make sure the women stay beneath them. The nuns take a vow of poverty but not the priests. Do what they want with the money. Poor take city bus or walk to church while the priest has nice car. I said in 6th grade to my teacher, when she told our class the church was in need, how is that so? Father (the priest) drives a Cadillac, both my parents work at good jobs and we son't have a Cadillac. Ya, went over like a fart in church! They kept their eye on the smart ones like me. I ain't no sacrificial lamb! Yes, Catholics used to offer up blood sacrifice to their God. Now they raise a cup of liquor instead.
My brother was an alter boy, told me how much the priests drank, it was crazy. Don't miss any of it!

And yes! I can talk to God any time, any where! Don't need a man made building.
Enlightened

Bronx, NY

#9 Dec 30, 2012
My post was in response to -the truth.

@J F Rutherford-hun, please read the title to this thread. It isn't exclusive to Catholics, but that's how the thread started. Organized religion does more harm than good. But that's just my opinion. I'm not judging others who have their own experience, good or bad

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#10 Dec 30, 2012
the truth wrote:
Catholicism is a lie.
This is true. But this lie is the foundation of over 32000 patriarchal hierarchical Churches that have built on the Roman hoax of Christianity created to strengthen the Roman Empire. The organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is a part of this lie just as are all religions that reject the Jewish Jesus and the Jewish GOD and than ignorantly call themselves Christian!

We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11 Dec 30, 2012
the truth wrote:
Catholicism is a lie.
I've come to believe it's downright evil.
Reality

United States

#12 Dec 30, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I've come to believe it's downright evil.
No religion could be as evil as the Jehovah's Witnesses.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#13 Dec 30, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
No religion could be as evil as the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Another bad one, believe it or not, are the Amish. They don't permit mixed race marriages. What the hell kind of religion is that?

I don't know much about the JoHo's...except that they're more than a little daffy :)
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#14 Dec 31, 2012
ladies and gentlemen... whoever this enlightenment person is --has lied to you all.. beatings in catholic school?? yeah right...

yes they had the scandal as other real religions did. but they are workign on it. this org hides pedophiles and lets them go back into the halls.

this is exaggeration at it's best and this person is such a liar it is so funny yet so sad to pots this crap. i ma guessing this is either Nevada Rose maybe? or maybe the pagan researching lady EE???? or maybe gareth... hahaha they are the only ones who begin threads about catholics..... rofl..

yes..what lies... rofl.. hahahahahahahah....

elders beat their wives and children
elders murder their wives and children and have affairs.
the gb has never gone forward to apologize to their people for the rapes molestations beatings and hidden creeps they have.. yet all other faiths have.

as for the Amish.... read about them before one opens mouth and inserts foot.
Enlightened

Bronx, NY

#15 Dec 31, 2012
Nice try BTS-rant away, mad man. Mental illness at it's finest. Refer your psycho ass to the Jamaicans Bleach Their Skin thread.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#16 Dec 31, 2012
unlisted wrote:
ladies and gentlemen... whoever this enlightenment person is --has lied to you all.. beatings in catholic school?? yeah right...
yes they had the scandal as other real religions did. but they are workign on it. this org hides pedophiles and lets them go back into the halls.
this is exaggeration at it's best and this person is such a liar it is so funny yet so sad to pots this crap. i ma guessing this is either Nevada Rose maybe? or maybe the pagan researching lady EE???? or maybe gareth... hahaha they are the only ones who begin threads about catholics..... rofl..
yes..what lies... rofl.. hahahahahahahah....
elders beat their wives and children
elders murder their wives and children and have affairs.
the gb has never gone forward to apologize to their people for the rapes molestations beatings and hidden creeps they have.. yet all other faiths have.
as for the Amish.... read about them before one opens mouth and inserts foot.
Come back when you can talk sense.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#17 Jan 1, 2013
you would not understand if anyone spoke sense to you... with all the freaky things that go on in this org....not religion org.... sorry but there are those of us too intelligent to fall for a cult.

happy new year

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#18 Jan 1, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Another bad one, believe it or not, are the Amish. They don't permit mixed race marriages. What the hell kind of religion is that?
I don't know much about the JoHo's...except that they're more than a little daffy :)
The Amish don't hold a candle to the Mormons. In Brigham Young's Utah if a black man were to marry a white woman, the penalty was to have one's belly slit open and than watch one's intestines fall to the ground as death came. It was called blood atonement.

The Jehovah's Witnesses don't practice blood atonement today but they would if they could.

from the The Watchtower of November 15, 1952 on page 703:

"We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization ... "Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates ..."

Bloodbath theology is harmful to children and other living things.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#19 Jan 1, 2013
Enlightened wrote:
Most of what mankind couldn't explain, was attributed to God. Now we can explain how the earth was made, where fire comes from, what a solar eclipse is, etc etc
Also, other religions before Catholicism/Christianity, had basically the same structure, long before Jesus was supposedly born. And it wasn't Dec 25. That's the winter solstice, how they converted pagans. Assimilate their beliefs with the pagan holidays. Same as Easter, spring solstice.
The census taking in Jerusalem didn't occur in December.
I'm not knocking anyone that believes, but I was raised a Catholic, and it's one of the most hypocritical religions out there. It changes like a chameleon to suit it's needs. And then there is the pedophile scandal. I had a priest touch me inappropriately when I was a child but never said anything because I knew no one would believe me. After he passed away, a boat load of people came forward.
When the worst of the worst was brought to court in Massachusetts, he sat in court with a sneer on his face. The children told their parents and the parents punished the kids. Some slapped the kids and told them to never say that again. And the bishops and the Pope knew all along. They are evil. 100% They just moved the priests around instead of doing something.
I went to Catholic school where they freely beat the children, and encouraged hazing when I got to high school. They even had a special night where all the parents were invited to watch us put on stage and humiliated to no end. They called it initiation.
Organized religion is an abomination. I don't need to give a man dressed in black 10% of my annual income to talk to God. I can do that any where I please.
Corrupt as all get out. Taking church funds and investing in the stock market, nomproperty tax, no help for the parishoners in need. Just stand there with their collection baskets out to pressure you in front of the whole congregation. It's a fear based religion
Enlightened, you are SO right and helpful.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#20 Jan 1, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Amish don't hold a candle to the Mormons. In Brigham Young's Utah if a black man were to marry a white woman, the penalty was to have one's belly slit open and than watch one's intestines fall to the ground as death came. It was called blood atonement.
The Jehovah's Witnesses don't practice blood atonement today but they would if they could.
from the The Watchtower of November 15, 1952 on page 703:
"We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization ... "Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates ..."
Bloodbath theology is harmful to children and other living things.
Unbelievable!(But I believe you.) And it was only about 50 yrs ago that black men could join the Mormon clergy.

Your post is very enlightening - thank you. And Happy New Year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. Geoffrey Jackson to appear before the ARC 32 min Sparlock 715
News What If Jesus Is not God? 39 min True Christian wi... 1,348
Why did Jehovah Create 2nd class citizens 1 hr The old boy 1
If the Bible is true, why do men have nipples? (Jun '11) 1 hr The old boy 85
how bout a subject jws wont discuss? 1 hr dee lightful 581
United Nations Global Peace And Security Announ... 1 hr Timothex 1
Another cold blooded murder by a Jehovahs Witness? 2 hr FH Chandler 58
News Women to 'never rule' in Jehovah's church 3 hr lovewithin 67
More from around the web