jace

Clinton, MD

#122 Nov 5, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't assume anything. You don't know me
<quoted text>
This IS of course, the purpose of putting these things in writing, presumably in our own thoughts or posting thoughts of others that echo our thoughts.
It does not make sense for Duh-boy to publish post after post of WTS rhetoric and to be defending the latest opinions of men that operate the WTS....and then come on here and say: "you don't know me."
If his thoughts are NOT his own....then why is he bothering to post them? I'll say it again....common sense is not so common when it comes to WTS followers.
independent thinking by jw is highly discouraged sad to say and now we see the results

Since: Mar 09

United States

#123 Nov 5, 2012
The "miracles" passed with the last of the Apostles. They served their purpose, that is showing who had Jehovah GOD's Spirit, and favor. Also they foretold a greater purpose to come, when this system is long gone...that is "greater" Miracles that will serve to bring back those who are deceased, and to promote, and create a whole new System as foretold at Daniel 2:44...the whole chapter of Isaiah 65, and Rev.21:1-4. As for the Publishing Compamy...it serves the distinct purpose of the work that Jesus spoke about at Matt.24:14...Paul, at Acts 20:20, and many more scriptures. Of course noone is saying you or anyone else has to be a JW...it is an individual choice...but don't say they don't have GOD's Spirit, because I know they do. AND JW's will continue their Preaching work as long as it is still needed. They will know when to bring it to a halt.
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for instance, Jesus performed miracles that we all know about....and after his perfect life was offered on our behalf....he rose on the third day and entered the heavens.
I KNOW you didn't mean to equate the men who operate a lucrative publishing company and prime real estate corporation....the same men that have yet to see ANY of their many predictions come to pass and compare them to Jesus and HIS works and HIS conduct....but surely, that's the way it sounded.
I was hoping that the WTS defenders would gain some common sense by SEEING THEY HAVE NO PROOF OR CREDENTIALS TO SHOW and stop being so blinded by the men who are leading you all into a pit. Sorry to "shout" but the facts are all out there for you....just as they were for us...and I really have pity for those still being bamboozled by these men.
Look at it this way for a moment: JWs go to people's doors to try and inform them how their religions are wrong and then try and explain to the householder just why they feel this way. In our case....we are pointing out why WE feel the men of the WTS are wrong and who actually have nothing to prove the claims they make about themselves.
Just declaring this or that goes nowhere.... especially when they have such a terrible past history of mistakes. One can also claim to have the Holy Spirit...but I honestly do not feel the Holy Spirit would keep leading them (and you) down the wrong path time and time and again. Do you think the Holy Spirit works that way? It is something to think about.
Anyway...a change of subject...while I think of it.....I wanted to mention...my dad had coal black hair and hazel eyes (he was from the Irish/Abenaki ancestry on his mom's side)....people used to say he bore a strong resemblance to Tyrone Power...(he did, he was quite dashing looking, haha)
and my mom was very fair and blonde and was of Norwegian and French heritage....so often our ancestry comes out in very different ways down through the generations. Both my sister and I had med brown hair and fair skin....my hair is salt & pepper gray now, LOL!
I have yet to meet an Abenaki from the settlements in ME, VT and NH that have the red-toned skin that SOME PEOPLE SAY that "real Indians" are *supposed to* have. Many of those from those three settlements travel down here for the NA gathering in the Spring and I have met many of them.
They are known for their beautiful basket weaving, the jewelry they make and the many goods made from the hides and fur used for gorgeous boots, moccasins, jackets and long fringed dresses.
The Abenaki roots are from Canadians that had a heavy mingling with the French settlers in the late 1700-early 1800s....therefore....many Abenaki have decidedly French-sounding names, skin tones and features. So I know where you're "coming from" on this skin color business :o)
Spike

New York, NY

#124 Nov 5, 2012
Nomi wrote:
The "miracles" passed with the last of the Apostles. They served their purpose, that is showing who had Jehovah GOD's Spirit, and favor. Also they foretold a greater purpose to come, when this system is long gone...that is "greater" Miracles that will serve to bring back those who are deceased, and to promote, and create a whole new System as foretold at Daniel 2:44...the whole chapter of Isaiah 65, and Rev.21:1-4. As for the Publishing Compamy...it serves the distinct purpose of the work that Jesus spoke about at Matt.24:14...Paul, at Acts 20:20, and many more scriptures. Of course noone is saying you or anyone else has to be a JW...it is an individual choice...but don't say they don't have GOD's Spirit, because I know they do. AND JW's will continue their Preaching work as long as it is still needed. They will know when to bring it to a halt.
<quoted text>
you mean all the lies and false prophecies the jws preach? No nomi that will go on forever as old age will overtaake and kill you as an old annd frustrated hag

Since: Mar 09

United States

#125 Nov 5, 2012
The Miracles passed away with the last of the Apostles. They had served the purpose, of showing who had Jehovah GOD's Spirit and favor. They also foretold that the Miracles would be done in a greater way, when this system as we know it is long gone. They proved that Christ could resurrect the dead, and that he could perform whatever Miracles would be need to promote, and create the New System referred to at Daniel 2:44. Also referred to in the entire chapter of Isaiah 65, and Rev. 21:1-4. As for a Publishing Company...it serves to publish all materials needed to carry out Jesus's command at Matt.24:14, referred to by Paul at Acts 20:20, and many other scriptures. JW's will continue this work as long as it is needed. They will know when it is time to bring it to a halt. AND noone says you or anyone else has to be a JW...but don't say they don't have GOD's Spirit, because I know for a fact that they do. AND you don't have to agree with me...but you have no right to say I am wrong, because thats only your opinion.
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for instance, Jesus performed miracles that we all know about....and after his perfect life was offered on our behalf....he rose on the third day and entered the heavens.
I KNOW you didn't mean to equate the men who operate a lucrative publishing company and prime real estate corporation....the same men that have yet to see ANY of their many predictions come to pass and compare them to Jesus and HIS works and HIS conduct....but surely, that's the way it sounded.
I was hoping that the WTS defenders would gain some common sense by SEEING THEY HAVE NO PROOF OR CREDENTIALS TO SHOW and stop being so blinded by the men who are leading you all into a pit. Sorry to "shout" but the facts are all out there for you....just as they were for us...and I really have pity for those still being bamboozled by these men.
Look at it this way for a moment: JWs go to people's doors to try and inform them how their religions are wrong and then try and explain to the householder just why they feel this way. In our case....we are pointing out why WE feel the men of the WTS are wrong and who actually have nothing to prove the claims they make about themselves.
Just declaring this or that goes nowhere.... especially when they have such a terrible past history of mistakes. One can also claim to have the Holy Spirit...but I honestly do not feel the Holy Spirit would keep leading them (and you) down the wrong path time and time and again. Do you think the Holy Spirit works that way? It is something to think about.
Anyway...a change of subject...while I think of it.....I wanted to mention...my dad had coal black hair and hazel eyes (he was from the Irish/Abenaki ancestry on his mom's side)....people used to say he bore a strong resemblance to Tyrone Power...(he did, he was quite dashing looking, haha)
and my mom was very fair and blonde and was of Norwegian and French heritage....so often our ancestry comes out in very different ways down through the generations. Both my sister and I had med brown hair and fair skin....my hair is salt & pepper gray now, LOL!
I have yet to meet an Abenaki from the settlements in ME, VT and NH that have the red-toned skin that SOME PEOPLE SAY that "real Indians" are *supposed to* have. Many of those from those three settlements travel down here for the NA gathering in the Spring and I have met many of them.
They are known for their beautiful basket weaving, the jewelry they make and the many goods made from the hides and fur used for gorgeous boots, moccasins, jackets and long fringed dresses.
The Abenaki roots are from Canadians that had a heavy mingling with the French settlers in the late 1700-early 1800s....therefore....many Abenaki have decidedly French-sounding names, skin tones and features. So I know where you're "coming from" on this skin color business :o)
Spike

New York, NY

#126 Nov 5, 2012
Nomi wrote:
The Miracles passed away with the last of the Apostles. They had served the purpose, of showing who had Jehovah GOD's Spirit and favor. They also foretold that the Miracles would be done in a greater way, when this system as we know it is long gone. They proved that Christ could resurrect the dead, and that he could perform whatever Miracles would be need to promote, and create the New System referred to at Daniel 2:44. Also referred to in the entire chapter of Isaiah 65, and Rev. 21:1-4. As for a Publishing Company...it serves to publish all materials needed to carry out Jesus's command at Matt.24:14, referred to by Paul at Acts 20:20, and many other scriptures. JW's will continue this work as long as it is needed. They will know when it is time to bring it to a halt. AND noone says you or anyone else has to be a JW...but don't say they don't have GOD's Spirit, because I know for a fact that they do. AND you don't have to agree with me...but you have no right to say I am wrong, because thats only your opinion.
<quoted text>
numi you are senile and wrong about everything, a very stupid old lady

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#127 Nov 5, 2012
It's not just miracles, stop honing in on that. It was merely the fact that categorically leader's of God's people could EITHER perform miracles, write accurate things without the need to revise them or perform accurate prophecies - not necessarily all of them. Just one is good, the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses can not do any single one of these.

“Close enough”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#128 Nov 6, 2012
Nomi wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true. An honest person or organization will change his opinion when it comes to light that a conjecture, or opinion, didn't 'work.' We don't give up as some do. Politics, for instance, is a joke, a game. We know no official can solve mankind's problems, even that of unemployment and good housing. But they keep saying they can and the other one can't. That is why we know we are safe in the fold of Jehovah's loving arms and embrace and why we understand unity and why Jehovah's people have moved in a pleasing course to Jehovah. When He corrects, His people accept correction.

“Family comes First”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

#129 Nov 6, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
The GB has made all sorts of self-exalting claims as to who they are and why anyone should believe anything they teach. We have established that they are.....and have always been...presenting their OPINIONS which millions of folks have been convinced to embrace and accept as Gospel Truth.
Seeing how these men have shown to have a long and very dismal history of these OPINIONS falling apart so that they are forced to make up MORE OPINIONS and declare THESE as "truth"....what makes them any more "special" than ones like Harold Camping, Jim Jones and David Koresh, etc?
So, I ask....what ARE their credentials?
Exactly what proof can they present to ANYONE who does or does not put any stock in what they now say?
What have these men actually DONE to prove they are what they claim to be?
Nedoba,

Firstly, allow me to apologise for not responding sooner to your excellent post.

What you say is basic common sense. The question is this: Based on the Watchtower societies previous reputation, are they to be entrusted with control over the lives of others?

If I go to my bank for a loan, the first thing they check up on is my previous credit history. Based on my previous financial conduct, am I to be entrusted with further funds?

Reputation is always built on one's previous conduct. The same applies to the WT Society. Based on their previous conduct, are they to be entrusted with their adherents future lives?

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#130 Nov 6, 2012
Red Davis wrote:
It's not just miracles, stop honing in on that. It was merely the fact that categorically leader's of God's people could EITHER perform miracles, write accurate things without the need to revise them or perform accurate prophecies - not necessarily all of them. Just one is good, the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses can not do any single one of these.
The Truth can heal. It has healing power, did you know that? True faith in God and the true concepts of the Bible really can heal. Notice even faith "healers" die, though, in the long run. You said "just one is good." One what is good? Good for what?

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#131 Nov 6, 2012
Mikronboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nedoba,
Firstly, allow me to apologise for not responding sooner to your excellent post.
What you say is basic common sense. The question is this: Based on the Watchtower societies previous reputation, are they to be entrusted with control over the lives of others?
If I go to my bank for a loan, the first thing they check up on is my previous credit history. Based on my previous financial conduct, am I to be entrusted with further funds?
Reputation is always built on one's previous conduct. The same applies to the WT Society. Based on their previous conduct, are they to be entrusted with their adherents future lives?
As far as I am concerned, their reputation is spotless. When I read comments such as yours, my eyes are opened more and more to God's wonderful truths as expressed through the Bible and the group known as Jehovah's Witnesses. When David made mistakes, did God throw him out like garbage? When he made mistakes, did God stop using him as king of Israel? When Peter made a false prophecy, did Jesus get rid of him, even after he said, "Get behind me, Satan"? When Peter denied knowing Jesus three times, did Jesus throw Peter away and refuse to use him? So it is with those who love God. God will not throw them away from his face. He will keep them close to Him, and they will know who is Jehovah.
Florida Greetings

Jacksonville, FL

#132 Nov 6, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>The Truth can heal. It has healing power, did you know that? True faith in God and the true concepts of the Bible really can heal. Notice even faith "healers" die, though, in the long run. You said "just one is good." One what is good? Good for what?
The TRUTH can and does heal, however jw's do not have truths, just like many other religions, they have twisted the truth to thier beliefs and no truth is even in thier ways of worship.

What did God warn people Not to do to his word the bible? Not to add nor take away and Jw's Changed everything to thier beleifs so its not even a bible anymore.

But, I do agree that the REAL bibke can heal and cause much peace.

“Family comes First”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

#133 Nov 6, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>As far as I am concerned, their reputation is spotless. When I read comments such as yours, my eyes are opened more and more to God's wonderful truths as expressed through the Bible and the group known as Jehovah's Witnesses. When David made mistakes, did God throw him out like garbage? When he made mistakes, did God stop using him as king of Israel? When Peter made a false prophecy, did Jesus get rid of him, even after he said, "Get behind me, Satan"? When Peter denied knowing Jesus three times, did Jesus throw Peter away and refuse to use him? So it is with those who love God. God will not throw them away from his face. He will keep them close to Him, and they will know who is Jehovah.
That's wonderful. My dad gave up his professional career in 1972 at the behest of the WT Society to pioneer where the need was great in the few remaining years before 1975. He died penniless a few years later. My mother died a couple of years back. The last time we ever mentioned JW's she said that she wasn't expecting to ever be this old (88).

What you need to understand is that while you may well choose to believe almost everything the WT Society tells you, the WT Society have no business telling people to give up their careers and forsake education after the last debacle. Allow me to refresh your memory:

>>>Yes, the end of this system is so very near! Is that no reason to increase our activity?… Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.”—Kingdom Ministry, May 1974, p. 3<<<

My Dad did as the WT directed. Even up until 2 years ago (when my mother died) our family were still paying the price of their misdirection. Momma was still living on housing benefits after Dad sold everything - House, Career, Pension, in response to the WT Societies admonition.

So no, no way are the WT Society remotely qualified to play an influential part in people's lives. Their credit history ain't good enough!
dr fill

Mount Prospect, IL

#134 Nov 6, 2012
Nomi wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that before ,I know I did!!! hey wait,The GB said that back in 1975 when they said hey folks dont waste your time going to college or getting a great job or even having kids cause the end is right around the corner,they said we only have a few short months til this wicked system is destroyed so get out there and door knock til the end.Us GB will stay at HQ and count the stacks of money.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#135 Nov 6, 2012
Jace wrote:
<quoted text>
99.9 percent per the GB of jw
Not one jw has ever been able to show where this is the percentage of fold who will die
It's easy to get an accurate estimate as to how many will die at Armageddon! All we have to do is make note of how many have been hacked to death by angels in each previous Armageddon prophesied by the faithful and discreet slave class, add up the numbers of those hacked to death, and than divide the total number hacked to death by the number of previous Armageddons that were prophesied. This should give us a very accurate estimate of the number of victims to expect in the next Armageddon.
Truth of Christ

Mesquite, NV

#136 Nov 6, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Riggght, I'm too angry to recogize it. I'm too stupid too! Doh!!!! I'm doomed!!! Jesus loves you and not me!
Obviously you are angry. It comes through your posts everytime. I did not call you stupid. I say you are ignorant. Big difference there. Maybe you are ignorant about the difference :)

Jesus loves both of us. There is no question of that.

The problem is you continue to reject him because your religion teaches you to do so and your pride prevents you from examining the scriptures and understanding them.

Why else do you think you continue to be frustrated by the words of Christ? Why else do you think you do not even understand why Jesus spoke in parables?

That should be clear warnings for you but you just ignore and prefer to keep tickling your ears about how you are God's only chosen. Your religious pride.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#137 Nov 6, 2012
Truth of Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you are angry. It comes through your posts everytime. I did not call you stupid. I say you are ignorant. Big difference there. Maybe you are ignorant about the difference :)
Jesus loves both of us. There is no question of that.
The problem is you continue to reject him because your religion teaches you to do so and your pride prevents you from examining the scriptures and understanding them.
Why else do you think you continue to be frustrated by the words of Christ? Why else do you think you do not even understand why Jesus spoke in parables?
That should be clear warnings for you but you just ignore and prefer to keep tickling your ears about how you are God's only chosen. Your religious pride.
LOL... it always comes back to me doesn't it. No one can refute what I say, so somehow the subject matter turns to me.

Look, the title of the discussion is what are the gb's credentials. My answer is they are the only ones preaching the good news of God's Kingdom! They are the only one's influencing their sheep to preach about this Kingdom with Christ as King and stick to it as the only solution for mankind! No one has refuted this! All have scoffed and disagreed.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#138 Nov 6, 2012
Hello to all of you!

Here is the best explanation and description I have found on organisations and the Governing Bodys with their man creaed Watchtower Society organisation are without any doubt an exception.

William Brown, an English M.P. 1887 - 1960 had some interesting things to say about 'organizations' of any sorts.

Whether the organization be political, religious or social is immaterial to my present argument. The point is that, the idea having embodied itself in organization, the organization then proceeds gradually to slay the idea which gave it birth... In the case of a religious organization, it's message will crystallize into a creed.

Before long, the principal concern of the church will be to sustain itself as an organization. To this end, any departure from the creed must be controverted and, if necessary suppressed as heresy. In a few score or few hundred years what was conceived as a vehicle of a new and higher truth has become a prison for the souls of men.

The organization develops a self interest which has no connection with, and becomes inimical to the idea with which it began. Now the thing which permits this process of diversion to take place, so that the organization comes to stand for the opposite of the idea which originally inspired it, is the tendency of men and women to become Prisoners of the Organization, instead of being Servants of the Spirit... the organization becomes ..a channel through which particular
interests must be served.

And Ironically

Beware of "organization" It is wholly unnecessary. The Bible rules will be the only rules you will need. Do not seek to bind others' consciences, and do not permit others to bind yours. Believe and obey so far as you can understand God's Word to-day..

Charles Taze Russell - Watchtower 1895 p 216 )

Unfortunately Russell was to change. And the rest, as they say, is history.

The Governing Bodys are self elected by majority votings deluted mere men, which have built a religious house without a railing Deuteonomy 22:8, carrying at a huge bloodguilt from all those thousands and other thousands of christian minded persons and their children, which their ever changing evil and weird doctrines have sent into a premature death, like those and with the same background, as described in Jeremiah 7:31 and 8:8,9.

The Governing Bodys, with their Watchtower Society are the mot lethal religious organisation today against its own members, heyr continue to bury, as comes forth in Jeremiah 7:32... like Jim Jones and similaries... Genesis 9:6 and Revelation 21:8...:HUH:
Truth of Christ

Mesquite, NV

#139 Nov 6, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>As far as I am concerned, their reputation is spotless. When I read comments such as yours, my eyes are opened more and more to God's wonderful truths as expressed through the Bible and the group known as Jehovah's Witnesses. When David made mistakes, did God throw him out like garbage? When he made mistakes, did God stop using him as king of Israel? When Peter made a false prophecy, did Jesus get rid of him, even after he said, "Get behind me, Satan"? When Peter denied knowing Jesus three times, did Jesus throw Peter away and refuse to use him? So it is with those who love God. God will not throw them away from his face. He will keep them close to Him, and they will know who is Jehovah.
Are you the same post as Aneirin? You try to deceive in the same manner he does.

Did David threaten people who disagreed with his false doctrine and then had God approve of him threatening anyone who chose God over David?

Your comparison is nonsense.

Tell us about the false prophecy of Peter.
Truth of Christ

Mesquite, NV

#140 Nov 6, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... it always comes back to me doesn't it. No one can refute what I say, so somehow the subject matter turns to me.
Look, the title of the discussion is what are the gb's credentials. My answer is they are the only ones preaching the good news of God's Kingdom! They are the only one's influencing their sheep to preach about this Kingdom with Christ as King and stick to it as the only solution for mankind! No one has refuted this! All have scoffed and disagreed.
I can't think of anything you have said that hasn't been refuted :)

You don't even recognize the gospel so how can you possibly know if it is being preached or not? You think selling JW magazines is preaching. That is all that is needed to show you don't recognize the gospel of Christ.

All you have preached is a religion. And worse is that you preach a religion that is proved false over and over again in discussions of doctrine.

You cannot expect people to think you are preaching Christ when the things you preach directly contradict Christ.

You cannot expect people to think you are preaching Christ when your religion teaches members to reject him.

You cannot expect people to think you are preaching Christ when you don't even understand his words or understand why he spoke the way he did.

You have all religious pride and your anger because of your frustration about Christ's words. What more can be said to you when you argue against the bible and give hate to those who share the message of God with you?

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#141 Nov 6, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much everyone refutes what you say. You just don't respond with anything but name calling if you respond at all.

For example, I pointed out your organization is not GOD'S organization and gave scriptural proof. You ignored my post.

And here you go again proudly spouting off about your false form of Christianity and boasting about your organization being the kingdom that Jesus spoke of, when in actuality he was really pointing towards the foundation of all of humanity and life in general.

People with small minds create small minded gods.

Wake up! You are being deluded! And you are deluding yourself!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tell me we are not living in the last days...... 14 min MarcelB 347
Who here has recieved a blood transfusion? (Jun '14) 44 min sidgi 93
fbi ic3 5/20/2015 1 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 22
Now they want money from the kids!!! 1 hr Brother P 238
News A life sentence from birth - " story of a South... 1 hr Lordylordy9111 49
God don't fight in straight lines; Satan and Zi... 1 hr Lordylordy9111 2
Christian Trucker and OSAS Doctrine 2 hr Brother P 795
Poll Should women be allowed to serve on the Governbody 2 hr My-EYEs 248
Why is the GB member Stephen lett admitting ..? 8 hr Covered 327
More from around the web