bystander no more

Sacramento, CA

#62 Nov 4, 2012
Stop blaming the GB for YOU not serving Jehovah. That's a cop-out. Blaming someone else for YOUR error didn't work for Adam or Eve, and it won't work for you.

The GB can only point the way to the road that leads to everlasting life. YOU are the one that has to walk it.

The GB leads you to Jehovah, but YOU are the one that has to develop a personal relationship with Him; and it is THAT relationship that will preserve you alive thru the GT.

So stop making excuses and start praying.

UNchained

Maryville, TN

#63 Nov 4, 2012
bystander no more wrote:
Stop blaming the GB for YOU not serving Jehovah. That's a cop-out. Blaming someone else for YOUR error didn't work for Adam or Eve, and it won't work for you.
The GB can only point the way to the road that leads to everlasting life. YOU are the one that has to walk it.
The GB leads you to Jehovah, but YOU are the one that has to develop a personal relationship with Him; and it is THAT relationship that will preserve you alive thru the GT.
I don't blame your wicked cult leaders for anything other than misleading innocent people with their false doctrines, empty promises and failed predictions.

Your wicked cult leaders can't point anyone to the road that leads to everlasting life because they don't know where the gate is that leads to it.

My relationship is with Jesus because he loved me, a sinner so much that He died for me so that I wouldn't have to.
Susie B

Richland, WA

#64 Nov 4, 2012
Dream-weaver wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Timothy 3:1-5 outlines the credentials of an overseer.
http://nlt.scripturetext.com/1_timothy/3.htm
Leaders in the Church
This is a trustworthy saying: "If someone aspires to be an elder, he desires an honorable position." So an elder must be a man whose life is above reproach. He must be faithful to his wife. He must exercise self-control, live wisely, and have a good reputation. He must enjoy having guests in his home, and he must be able to teach. He must not be a heavy drinkerc or be violent. He must be gentle, not quarrelsome, and not love money. He must manage his own family well, having children who respect and obey him. For if a man cannot manage his own household, how can he take care of God’s church?
An elder must not be a new believer, because he might become proud, and the devil would cause him to fall. Also people outside the church must speak well of him so that he will not be disgraced and fall into the devil’s trap.
As long as the Governing Body and others meet this criteria, they're qualified to take the lead.
WOW, thanks for posting that.
I didn't see anywhere where it says these are the credentials for "Governing Body" members.
And if anyone meets that criteria they don't have to be a JW either!
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#65 Nov 4, 2012
bystander no more wrote:
The GB leads you to the GB when they say you must belong to their org for salvation. How is that leading anyone to the truth of Gods words when the scriptures tell us Jesus is the ONLY way not an org. You call lies and false prophecy leading to God then there is something wrong with your religious education.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#66 Nov 4, 2012
Just what are you looking for, Nedoba? They have the same credentials Jesus and his Disciples had...GOD's Holy Spirit. They don't need a certificate from a religious seminary or anything like that.
Nedoba wrote:
The GB has made all sorts of self-exalting claims as to who they are and why anyone should believe anything they teach. We have established that they are.....and have always been...presenting their OPINIONS which millions of folks have been convinced to embrace and accept as Gospel Truth.
Seeing how these men have shown to have a long and very dismal history of these OPINIONS falling apart so that they are forced to make up MORE OPINIONS and declare THESE as "truth"....what makes them any more "special" than ones like Harold Camping, Jim Jones and David Koresh, etc?
So, I ask....what ARE their credentials?
Exactly what proof can they present to ANYONE who does or does not put any stock in what they now say?
What have these men actually DONE to prove they are what they claim to be?

“the truth will set you free...”

Since: Nov 10

Houston, TX

#67 Nov 4, 2012
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame your wicked cult leaders for anything other than misleading innocent people with their false doctrines, empty promises and failed predictions.
Your wicked cult leaders can't point anyone to the road that leads to everlasting life because they don't know where the gate is that leads to it.
My relationship is with Jesus because he loved me, a sinner so much that He died for me so that I wouldn't have to.
Yes Jesus "died for me so that I wouldn't have to," but as stated in Hebrews 10:26-31, "if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but [there is] a certain fearful expectation of judgment and [there is] a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition."

"Any man that has disregarded the law of Moses dies without compassion, upon the testimony of two or three. Of how much more severe a punishment, do you think, will the man be counted worthy who has trampled upon the Son of God and who has esteemed as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt? For we know him that said:“Vengeance is mine; I will recompense”; and again:“Jehovah will judge his people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of [the] living God." Hebrews 10:26-31

When you started adulterating and banging some woman who wasn't your wife, you evidently showed no remorse for your promiscuity. It appears it's caught up with you.

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#68 Nov 4, 2012
Nomi wrote:
Just what are you looking for, Nedoba? They have the same credentials Jesus and his Disciples had...GOD's Holy Spirit. They don't need a certificate from a religious seminary or anything like that.
<quoted text>
Well for instance, Jesus performed miracles that we all know about....and after his perfect life was offered on our behalf....he rose on the third day and entered the heavens.

I KNOW you didn't mean to equate the men who operate a lucrative publishing company and prime real estate corporation....the same men that have yet to see ANY of their many predictions come to pass and compare them to Jesus and HIS works and HIS conduct....but surely, that's the way it sounded.

I was hoping that the WTS defenders would gain some common sense by SEEING THEY HAVE NO PROOF OR CREDENTIALS TO SHOW and stop being so blinded by the men who are leading you all into a pit. Sorry to "shout" but the facts are all out there for you....just as they were for us...and I really have pity for those still being bamboozled by these men.

Look at it this way for a moment: JWs go to people's doors to try and inform them how their religions are wrong and then try and explain to the householder just why they feel this way. In our case....we are pointing out why WE feel the men of the WTS are wrong and who actually have nothing to prove the claims they make about themselves.

Just declaring this or that goes nowhere.... especially when they have such a terrible past history of mistakes. One can also claim to have the Holy Spirit...but I honestly do not feel the Holy Spirit would keep leading them (and you) down the wrong path time and time and again. Do you think the Holy Spirit works that way? It is something to think about.

Anyway...a change of subject...while I think of it.....I wanted to mention...my dad had coal black hair and hazel eyes (he was from the Irish/Abenaki ancestry on his mom's side)....people used to say he bore a strong resemblance to Tyrone Power...(he did, he was quite dashing looking, haha)

and my mom was very fair and blonde and was of Norwegian and French heritage....so often our ancestry comes out in very different ways down through the generations. Both my sister and I had med brown hair and fair skin....my hair is salt & pepper gray now, LOL!

I have yet to meet an Abenaki from the settlements in ME, VT and NH that have the red-toned skin that SOME PEOPLE SAY that "real Indians" are *supposed to* have. Many of those from those three settlements travel down here for the NA gathering in the Spring and I have met many of them.

They are known for their beautiful basket weaving, the jewelry they make and the many goods made from the hides and fur used for gorgeous boots, moccasins, jackets and long fringed dresses.

The Abenaki roots are from Canadians that had a heavy mingling with the French settlers in the late 1700-early 1800s....therefore....many Abenaki have decidedly French-sounding names, skin tones and features. So I know where you're "coming from" on this skin color business :o)

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

LET GO AND LET GOD

#69 Nov 4, 2012
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
good thread on examining jw and their CLIAM OF INDISPUTABLE FACTS WT Style that is
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-...
Thanks Jace!
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#70 Nov 5, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
The GB has made all sorts of self-exalting claims as to who they are and why anyone should believe anything they teach. We have established that they are.....and have always been...presenting their OPINIONS which millions of folks have been convinced to embrace and accept as Gospel Truth.
Seeing how these men have shown to have a long and very dismal history of these OPINIONS falling apart so that they are forced to make up MORE OPINIONS and declare THESE as "truth"....what makes them any more "special" than ones like Harold Camping, Jim Jones and David Koresh, etc?
So, I ask....what ARE their credentials?
Exactly what proof can they present to ANYONE who does or does not put any stock in what they now say?
What have these men actually DONE to prove they are what they claim to be?
I have always wondered the same thing . Who and how were they apointed /gb/ what are their responibilities and who gave them their authority and are they without sin?
UNchained

Maryville, TN

#71 Nov 5, 2012
Dream-weaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Jesus "died for me so that I wouldn't have to," but as stated in Hebrews 10:26-31, "if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but [there is] a certain fearful expectation of judgment and [there is] a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition."
"Any man that has disregarded the law of Moses dies without compassion, upon the testimony of two or three. Of how much more severe a punishment, do you think, will the man be counted worthy who has trampled upon the Son of God and who has esteemed as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt? For we know him that said:“Vengeance is mine; I will recompense”; and again:“Jehovah will judge his people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of [the] living God." Hebrews 10:26-31
When you started adulterating and banging some woman who wasn't your wife, you evidently showed no remorse for your promiscuity. It appears it's caught up with you.
Your hateful lies are going to come back to haunt you one day.

“The proof is in the pudding!”

Location hidden

#72 Nov 5, 2012
The gb of Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones influencing the masses to preach the good news of God's Kingdom with Christ as King successfully. They are the only ones advocating God's Kingdom and Jesus Christ as the only solution for mankinds woes. That is all the credentials I need.

Bedfordshire, England

#73 Nov 5, 2012
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
When they speak about non spiritual thing they are fine, and "nearly as good as Reader's Digest."
Great post and right on target.
I think that was what through me when I was first introduced to the org. They wrote many good articles easpecially in the Awake. It gave me a false sense that they new what they weret alking about on every subject.
It took me 20 years to realize that there were actually many things that they spoke complete rubbish about.

Location hidden

#74 Nov 5, 2012
aadriver wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that was what through me when I was first introduced to the org. They wrote many good articles easpecially in the Awake. It gave me a false sense that they new what they weret alking about on every subject.
It took me 20 years to realize that there were actually many things that they spoke complete rubbish about.
20 years!? You'rs slow... lol

Bedfordshire, England

#75 Nov 5, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems as if the WTS defenders would SEE the indisputable facts that all failed glaring right before their eyes...and admit "they'd been had" like so many of us were forced to see when common sense prevailed.
I have to wonder just what it IS these blinded defenders are waiting for....what they can hold up to show the world that the GB are not the charlatans we all know they are.
They are like so many others that believe in their religion. They just ignore all the wrong statements and false teachings. They just grab hold of one thing they think the org do right about. Like dur boy, who decided that only JWs do the presching work. He seems to forget it was because the churches of Christendom taught people about Jesus etc, that Charles Russell started the religion in the 1870s.

Bedfordshire, England

#76 Nov 5, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
20 years!? You'rs slow... lol
You are certainly right about that. I was in my nice comfortable bubble. All my friends were JWs and I had been warned off being friends with those not JWs. I had a great social life and that made it even harder to leave. Eventually I got the courage to check what I was being told. The rest is history as they say.
Truth of Christ

Mesquite, NV

#77 Nov 5, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
The gb of Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones influencing the masses to preach the good news of God's Kingdom with Christ as King successfully. They are the only ones advocating God's Kingdom and Jesus Christ as the only solution for mankinds woes. That is all the credentials I need.
This would be a lovely statement if only it was true. Unfortunately it is not.

The only thing the GB preaches is themselves and their own failed prophecies.

Only two kinds of people stay in JW religion. You either have to be too lazy to study the bible and learn the truth or you just don't care about truth and want to have your ears tickled.

Location hidden

#78 Nov 5, 2012
aadriver wrote:
<quoted text>
They are like so many others that believe in their religion. They just ignore all the wrong statements and false teachings. They just grab hold of one thing they think the org do right about. Like dur boy, who decided that only JWs do the presching work. He seems to forget it was because the churches of Christendom taught people about Jesus etc, that Charles Russell started the religion in the 1870s.
lol, what are the churches doing now? Are they still preaching Jesus exclusively or are the rallying up their sheep to get to the polls tomorrow? The blind calling people blind. I tell ya it never ceases to amaze me.

Bedfordshire, England

#79 Nov 5, 2012
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, what are the churches doing now? Are they still preaching Jesus exclusively or are the rallying up their sheep to get to the polls tomorrow? The blind calling people blind. I tell ya it never ceases to amaze me.
That does not change what I said does it. JWs got their religion from Christendom. Over the years they have accepted some of what they learnt from the churches, other things they have rejected. That is what every so called 'Christian' religion has done. Like other churches, JWs have changed their beliefs over the years. Some things for the good, some things for the worse.

Location hidden

#80 Nov 5, 2012
aadriver wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not change what I said does it. JWs got their religion from Christendom. Over the years they have accepted some of what they learnt from the churches, other things they have rejected. That is what every so called 'Christian' religion has done. Like other churches, JWs have changed their beliefs over the years. Some things for the good, some things for the worse.
No, we got our religion from the bible. Get it right please.

Some of our ideas may be shared with others who profess Christ, but everything is compared with the bible at the end of the day.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#81 Nov 5, 2012
bystander no more wrote:
Actually the reason I don't serve jehovah is because it is an erroneous hybrid error created in the 13th century by a Roman Catholic monk that means in Hebrew, "god of mischief", and this false name is applied to the false god concocted by Judge Rutherford to support his apocalyptic bloodbath theology.

I serve the GOD described in 1 John 4:8 (King James Version)

"8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

Your antisemitic leaders reject the ONE TRUE OMNIPRESENT GOD at the core of the teachings of the historical Jesus that as pointed out in 1 John 4:8 is LOVE.

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the angel of the Lord? (Nov '13) 2 hr imagoodboy 7
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 2 hr imagoodboy 1,939
Happy at Bethel 2 hr shell 3
im looking for a sexy jehovah witness who wants... 3 hr shell 4
A new site of The anointed witnesses. 4 hr MarcelB 22
Where does Jesus mention life on a paradise ear... 4 hr MarcelB 35
The opposition to evolution includes educated p... 4 hr AlanMF 59
Is it true that the Watchtower Society... 5 hr MarcelB 316
Serena Williams proving Jehovah's Witnesses are... (Aug '12) 7 hr Jace 1,894
Biology Professor says Awake! Magazine Misquote... 10 hr AlanMF 369