What Credentials or Proof can the GB ...

What Credentials or Proof can the GB show?

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#1 Nov 3, 2012
The GB has made all sorts of self-exalting claims as to who they are and why anyone should believe anything they teach. We have established that they are.....and have always been...presenting their OPINIONS which millions of folks have been convinced to embrace and accept as Gospel Truth.

Seeing how these men have shown to have a long and very dismal history of these OPINIONS falling apart so that they are forced to make up MORE OPINIONS and declare THESE as "truth"....what makes them any more "special" than ones like Harold Camping, Jim Jones and David Koresh, etc?

So, I ask....what ARE their credentials?

Exactly what proof can they present to ANYONE who does or does not put any stock in what they now say?

What have these men actually DONE to prove they are what they claim to be?
Truth of Christ

Mesquite, NV

#2 Nov 3, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
The GB has made all sorts of self-exalting claims as to who they are and why anyone should believe anything they teach. We have established that they are.....and have always been...presenting their OPINIONS which millions of folks have been convinced to embrace and accept as Gospel Truth.
Seeing how these men have shown to have a long and very dismal history of these OPINIONS falling apart so that they are forced to make up MORE OPINIONS and declare THESE as "truth"....what makes them any more "special" than ones like Harold Camping, Jim Jones and David Koresh, etc?
Exactly what proof can they present to ANYONE who does or does not put any stock in what they now say?
There are a great number of examples of people who were chosen by God in the bible and they always had absolute proof of it.

The only proof from the governing body is nonsense. They claim that being proved wrong over and over again so their teachings fly around in the wind is proof that God taught them.

Can you think of how many people chosen by God in the bible wrote books that had to be discarded because they had false teachings?

Can you think of how many people chosen by God in the bible God approved of for forcing people to believe false teachings and threatening people who stood up for truth instead?

It is not possible to examine the organization without quickly realizing they have given themselves a position not from God. Any antichrist could claim to be sent by God and make up nonsense rules and threaten people if they don't submit.
UNchained

Maryville, TN

#3 Nov 3, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
"What have these men actually DONE to prove they are what they claim to be?"

Because in the publications created by the Watchtower Publishing Company they say that they have been appointed by Jesus who returned in 1914 but nobody saw Him.

Now get back out in the territory and hawk the spiritual food they provide through the Wacktower magazine.

LET GO AND LET GOD

#4 Nov 3, 2012
We have a few staunch WTS defenders here that still (say they) put their faith and trust in anything the GB currently teaches....so this thread should give them a chance to show us just why they do.
jace

Clinton, MD

#5 Nov 3, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
the wt says the following are THE CREDENTIALS for 12,000 anointed to be CALLED THE FDS- NOW we find out all of it was DOA

THE BIBLE SAYS at the mouth of 2 or more witnesses all matters are settled
in the following quote note just how many things are mentioned way beyond just 2 or more,

what you are seeing is literally how the WT editoril staff pull stuff out of their "ARSE"

##########

*** w81 3/1 p. 27 Do You Appreciate the “Faithful and Discreet Slave”?***

OVERWHELMING CREDENTIALS

The “faithful and discreet slave” has abundant credentials. Following is a partial list of Scriptural and prophetic designations applying to or being represented in the remnant of Jesus Christ’s anointed followers since the notable year 1919:

(1) Noah’s wife, Gen. 7:7;
(2) angels sent to Lot, Gen. 19:15;
(3) Rebekah, Gen. 24:64;
(4) Joseph and Benjamin, Gen. 45:14;
(5) gleanings left behind, Lev. 19:9; (
6) two spies to Rahab, Josh. 2:4;
(7) Barak, Judg. 4:14; (8) Jephthah, Judg. 11:34;
(9) Naomi and Ruth, Ruth 2:2;
(10) David’s Israelite warriors, 2 Sam. 18:1; (11) Jehu, 2 Ki. 10:11, 15; (
12) Mordecai and Esther, Esther 4:13; (13) Job, Job 42:10,
13; (
14) King’s daughter, Ps. 45:13;
(15) men of loving-kindness, Ps. 50:5;
(16) intimate group, Ps. 89:7; (
17) Shear-jashub, Isa. 7:3; (18) light of the nations, Isa. 60:3; (19) big trees of righteousness, Isa. 61:3;

(20) ministers of our God, Isa. 61:6; (21) cluster preserved, Isa. 65:8;
jace

Clinton, MD

#6 Nov 3, 2012
(22) servants called by another name, Isa. 65:15; (23) men trembling at God’s word, Isa. 66:5;
(24) new nation born, Isa. 66:8; (25) Jeremiah, Jer. 1:10; (26) Jehovah’s people in the new coven
ant, Jer. 31:33; (27) enduring watchman, Ezek. 3:16-27;
(28) man in linen, Ezek. 9:2; (29) cleansed people, Ezek. 36:29-32; (30) dwellers in center of earth, Ezek. 38:12; (

31) the host of heaven, Dan. 8:10; (32) sanctuary restored (cleansed), Dan. 8:14; (33) they that are wise, Dan. 11:33; (34) the happy one who is keeping in expectation, Dan. 12:12;

(35) all flesh receiving the spirit, Joel 2:28; (36) Jonah, Jon. 3:1-3; (37) apple of Jehovah’s eye, Zech. 2:8; (38) liberated remnant, Zech. 2:7; (39) a Jew, Zech. 8:23; (40) sons of Levi, Mal. 3:3; (41) wheat, Matt. 13:25;

(42) sons of the kingdom, Matt. 13:38; (43) workers for the vineyard, Matt. 20:1; (44) those invited to marriage feast, Matt. 22:3-14; (45) chosen ones, Matt. 24:22; (46) eagles, Matt. 24:28; (47) faithful and discreet slave, Matt. 24:45;

(48) discreet virgins, Matt. 25:2; (49) brothers of the king, Matt. 25:40; (50) little flock of sheep, Luke 12:32; (51) beggar Lazarus, Luke 16:20; (52) sheep in “this fold,” John 10:1-16;

(53) branches of the vine, John 15:4; (54) royal palace of David, Acts 15:16; (55) heirs with Christ, Rom. 8:17; (56) the remnant, Rom. 11:5; (57) branches in the olive tree, Rom. 11:24; (58) holy ones or saints, 1 Cor. 6:2; Rev. 16:6;

(59) temple, 1 Cor. 6:19; (60) new creation, 2 Cor. 5:17; (61) ambassadors for Christ, 2 Cor. 5:20; (62) congregation of God, Gal. 1:13; (63) part of Abraham’s seed, Gal. 3:29; (64) Israel of God, Gal. 6:16; (65) body of Christ, Eph. 1:22, 23;

(66) soldiers of Christ Jesus, 2 Tim. 2:3; (67) house under Christ, Heb. 3:6; (68) holy priesthood, 1 Pet. 2:5; (69) holy nation, 1 Pet. 2:9; (70) association of brothers, 1 Pet. 2:17; (71) seven congregations, Rev. 1:20;

(72) twenty-four persons of advanced age, Rev. 4:4; (73) spiritual Israel, Rev. 7:4; (74) locusts, Rev. 9:3; (75) two witnesses, Rev. 11:3; (76) two olive trees, Rev. 11:4;

(77) seed of the woman, Rev. 12:17; (78) New Jerusalem, Rev. 21:2; (79) the bride of Christ, Rev. 22:17; 19:7; (80) Jehovah’s witnesses, Isa. 43:10.

##########

folks we can't make this stuff up!!!!!!!!!!

the above teaching would get any jw dfed for publicly saying THE WT EDITORIAL STAFF WAS WRONG

any religion would be condemned as teaching false dogmas for not teaching that 12,000 anointed persons role as the FDS was not supported by the Bibld

folks THE WT NOW SAYS THAT NOT ONE OF THE BIBLE TEXT ABOVE APPLIES TO THE 12,000 ANOINTED

NOTE ONE BIBLE TEXT ABOVE Has been used in the correct context or application

LET GO AND LET GOD

#7 Nov 3, 2012
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
the wt says the following are THE CREDENTIALS for 12,000 anointed to be CALLED THE FDS- NOW we find out all of it was DOA
THE BIBLE SAYS at the mouth of 2 or more witnesses all matters are settled
in the following quote note just how many things are mentioned way beyond just 2 or more,
what you are seeing is literally how the WT editoril staff pull stuff out of their "ARSE"
##########
*** w81 3/1 p. 27 Do You Appreciate the “Faithful and Discreet Slave”?***
OVERWHELMING CREDENTIALS
The “faithful and discreet slave” has abundant credentials. Following is a partial list of Scriptural and prophetic designations applying to or being represented in the remnant of Jesus Christ’s anointed followers since the notable year 1919:
(1) Noah’s wife, Gen. 7:7;
(2) angels sent to Lot, Gen. 19:15;
(3) Rebekah, Gen. 24:64;
(4) Joseph and Benjamin, Gen. 45:14;
(5) gleanings left behind, Lev. 19:9; (
6) two spies to Rahab, Josh. 2:4;
(7) Barak, Judg. 4:14; (8) Jephthah, Judg. 11:34;
(9) Naomi and Ruth, Ruth 2:2;
(10) David’s Israelite warriors, 2 Sam. 18:1; (11) Jehu, 2 Ki. 10:11, 15; (
12) Mordecai and Esther, Esther 4:13; (13) Job, Job 42:10,
13; (
14) King’s daughter, Ps. 45:13;
(15) men of loving-kindness, Ps. 50:5;
(16) intimate group, Ps. 89:7; (
17) Shear-jashub, Isa. 7:3; (18) light of the nations, Isa. 60:3; (19) big trees of righteousness, Isa. 61:3;
(20) ministers of our God, Isa. 61:6; (21) cluster preserved, Isa. 65:8;
My dear friend....one who has blessed me with countless smiles with your wit and humor for many, many years of knowing you....and your unique perspective on "all things WTS" that equals no other to date (LOL!)....

So when after all this summation of (cough) "proof"....your final thought on it ALL....is that "what you are seeing is literally how the WT editoril staff pull stuff out of their "ARSE"~

Keep up the good work, Jace....I know I've said this before...but your humor is so precious to those who "get it". Your wit has helped me through some very tough times as my whole world seemed to be caving in (in 98 and 99) when realizing how badly I had been duped by the WTS leaders.

And yes....isn't that the REAL truth of the matter?

Has ANY WTS defender come forward to offer concrete and substantial evidence that the WTS leaders are who they say they are? We KNOW why this is....but I wanted to give them the opportunity to provide any proof....if it was only "two witnesses" to testify their leader(s) are anything special....the I am sure before their downfall....Camping, Koresh, Jones, Applewhite and Jones would have passed that "2 witnesses" test with as little proof as the WTS leaders have to show!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#8 Nov 3, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
they have no real credentials, that they represent God as His only faithful and discreet slave. They have claimed those credentials. The only reason people listen to them in the first place, is because the other so-called Christian religions in the world have done such an awful job of representing Him.

sidgi

“the truth will set you free...”

Since: Nov 10

Houston, TX

#9 Nov 3, 2012
What "credentials" or "proof" can native Americans show other than what they may see in a peyote trance or scalping those who disagree with them?
Daniel a Slave of Christ

Odessa, TX

#10 Nov 3, 2012
The personification of the corrupt mind is in believing the lie, is to be brought be for a group of righteous judges and shown in indisputable facts that your beliefs are wrong. Than leave that room and deny their judgments as false to uphold your version of truth(s).

The definition of hypocrisy is to go out and teach your so called truth to innocent people not knowing of the judgment of the righteous judges, to enslave them to the lie, while believing the judges were just picking on your beliefs.

Very much like Satan hiding the truth of his first lie, waiting upon the next generation to come along without knowledge of God's proven judgment of him and Adam, and Eve. Hiding the death, pain and, suffering just to uphold the lie.

The WTS hides the truth of all their failed prophecies and the great pain and suffering it has caused against people they once called brothers and sisters in hopes of a new generation of members to hid it ugly past.

The love of truth does not exist in a lie, the lie want one thing power and control, and worship diverted from God into man made religion for position. The judgment has been post publicly in the history of Jehovah's Witnesses failed teachings, any honest heart person can read and reason that posting facts as they have been stated is not unrighteous or prejudices toward the WTS. It is only a fearful mind believing the lie that would thinks, so instead of being happy for the truth.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Nov 3, 2012
Also, its important to keep in mind WHAT credentials leaders of God's people had in those days.

I always bring this up and get no answer as to why the GB is so lame in comparison. Leaders in the Bible had at LEAST ONE of these:

1) The ability to perform obvious miracles

2) The ability to make or PROPERLY interpret prophecy and be correct.

3) The ability to make inspired writings.

The GB can do neither. Defenders will say "but it says miracles will be done away with." It also says that about knowledge, so check the context of the scripture before you bring it up.

The also try to improperly compare themselves to the apostles in regards to their mistakes in regards to prophecy (they have done this most recently in the January 2012 watchtower) but they forgot that the apostles were NOT making a prophetic utterance when they asked Jesus, they were asking him in earnest. The GB does not humbly petition anyone, they make their interpretations and guesses on their own and then make it gospel (in terms of disfellowshipping anyone who doesn't agree).

So disgusting.

LET GO AND LET GOD

#12 Nov 3, 2012
sidgi wrote:
<quoted text>
they have no real credentials, that they represent God as His only faithful and discreet slave. They have claimed those credentials. The only reason people listen to them in the first place, is because the other so-called Christian religions in the world have done such an awful job of representing Him.
sidgi
I think you hit the nail on the head on your first sentence. So it's the "lesser of two evils" principle that people find appealing even with ZERO PROOF of who these obvious charlatans have claimed to be?

LET GO AND LET GOD

#13 Nov 3, 2012
Dream-weaver wrote:
What "credentials" or "proof" can native Americans show other than what they may see in a peyote trance or scalping those who disagree with them?
Well why don't you try and change the subject if you find it too embarrassing to defend.....ooops...you already did that.

In ALL my online research since 1998, the many books I have read and the lovely NA gatherings I have attended since that time...I can straight-up tell you that not ONCE have I ever been taught that the NA teachings are "the ONLY truth on earth", or that I must OBEY THESE or God will suddenly destroy me where I stand and most of all....these teachings have been solid, dependable, UNCHANGING, and steadfast for thousands of years in some cases.

You should look up the amount of tribes that all teach the same values and principles of living, from one end of the continent to the other...as consistent and reliable as they can be....without wavering and messing around with "new light" (and JWs heads) to try and correct their goofy doctrines and make them "fit".

To those who have wised up and finally figured it out what a farce they are...what a laughingstock the WTS has proven itself to BE! Credibility, consistency and reliability are not words anyone would associate with this spiritually damaging cult.

I'd have to say the NA wisdom and the principles that are very much in tune with what Jesus taught...are a real bonus for putting MY trust, MY faith and MY FULL CONFIDENCE IN as compared to the WTS everchanging best guesses, pure rubbish and the "obey US or you will die" mantra that you apparently want to rely on.

The WTS has proven to be a sham....and if you HAD any evidence to show otherwise....you would have presented it by now.

Sorry...but your feeble attempt to defend the foolishness of the WTS latest bible truths...is not "new light" but has fallen to a "new low."

LET GO AND LET GOD

#14 Nov 3, 2012
Daniel a Slave of Christ wrote:
The personification of the corrupt mind is in believing the lie, is to be brought be for a group of righteous judges and shown in indisputable facts that your beliefs are wrong. Than leave that room and deny their judgments as false to uphold your version of truth(s).
The definition of hypocrisy is to go out and teach your so called truth to innocent people not knowing of the judgment of the righteous judges, to enslave them to the lie, while believing the judges were just picking on your beliefs.
Very much like Satan hiding the truth of his first lie, waiting upon the next generation to come along without knowledge of God's proven judgment of him and Adam, and Eve. Hiding the death, pain and, suffering just to uphold the lie.
The WTS hides the truth of all their failed prophecies and the great pain and suffering it has caused against people they once called brothers and sisters in hopes of a new generation of members to hid it ugly past.
The love of truth does not exist in a lie, the lie want one thing power and control, and worship diverted from God into man made religion for position. The judgment has been post publicly in the history of Jehovah's Witnesses failed teachings, any honest heart person can read and reason that posting facts as they have been stated is not unrighteous or prejudices toward the WTS. It is only a fearful mind believing the lie that would thinks, so instead of being happy for the truth.
WOW!

What a terrific (and totally accurate) summation you have written!

Thank you for your contribution....and the valid proof that the WTS is "not from God" in any way, shape or form!
bystander no more

Sacramento, CA

#15 Nov 3, 2012
The GB 'introduced' me to Jehovah, and for that I will be eternally grateful.

That's all the proof I need.
Florida Greetings

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Nov 3, 2012
bystander no more wrote:
The GB 'introduced' me to Jehovah, and for that I will be eternally grateful.
That's all the proof I need.
How sad your brainwashed , no dought...

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#18 Nov 3, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you hit the nail on the head on your first sentence. So it's the "lesser of two evils" principle that people find appealing even with ZERO PROOF of who these obvious charlatans have claimed to be?
don't stop at the first sentence. No religion has any credibility. the WTBTS are no more reprehensible in that sense than than any of the rest. their extra reprehensibility comes because of their control of the lives of their membership, to their harm. They harm families, children, individuals, all based on lies. The other religions just set bad examples to follow, for the most part.

sidgi
little lamb

Australia

#19 Nov 3, 2012
To me what gave authority to their teachings was the fact they came in Jehovah Gods name.

To come in Jehovah's name is to come with his authority.

God himself states that he will not leave unpunished anyone who takes his name in a worthless way.

Also the death penalty is upon a prophet who presumes to speak a word in Jehovah's name, that did not come from him.

It is written "a faithful witness does not lie"

So I still believe in the authority of Jehovah Gods name, and I still believe he will take action because of his name

I am just thankful to God, that because of the behavior of others who carry his name, I did not place that on God himself ..hallelujah
Daniel a Slave of Christ

Odessa, TX

#20 Nov 3, 2012
Two wrongs don't make a right, God reveals his own name, it has never been hid as the WTS would have ones believe. If you read the history of Christianity you will find the truth that God's name in various form including Jehovah's has existed from before Christ Jesus and forward.

The straw man of the WTS is to create and issue blinding ones to researching the history of the bible, claiming too be the very first to discover new so called light.

To make Jehovah's God's name the center piece of a religion to the exclusion of the God given name of Christian's, from the name of Christ, is no a small matter. WTS members believe it is almost evil to acknowledge Christ in any form, but at the end of their prayer.(yet in the same prayer they will say GB over and over again) Teachings that God Himself is some how worried that declaring the truth of Christ Jesus somehow steals Jehovah's glory, as though, Christ would steal such glory from his Father.

When in fact, Christ Jesus is God's glory, YHWH honors His Son in every way. What the WTS has created by bring forth God's name is the same attributes they do in all their teachings fear and judgment.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#21 Nov 4, 2012
Daniel a Slave of Christ wrote:
To make Jehovah's God's name the center piece of a religion to the exclusion of the God given name of Christian's, from the name of Christ, is no a small matter. WTS members believe it is almost evil to acknowledge Christ in any form, but at the end of their prayer.(yet in the same prayer they will say GB over and over again)
so true.... its almost evil to mention jesus, except at the end of a prayer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Young Pioneer DF for doubting the FDS/GB 4 min array 9
BBC EXPOSES the JWS. 6 min little lamb 109
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 11 min imagoodboy 4,388
Candace Conti settled 19 min Chief Sealth 1,134
thru thick and thin, the WTS always tell the tr... 20 min FutureMan 251
2013 Memorial attendance for U.S. (Jul '13) 36 min Andrewski 478
1,440,000 set to go to heaven. 36 min Anonymous1386 13
Irrefutable reason why Jesus is Michael? 1 hr robert bruce 709
More from around the web