Next Last

“Family comes First”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

#1 Jan 22, 2013
This:

Total rip-off from Beethovens Appassionata Opus 57. Go 1 minute 28 seconds in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

But the rip-offs did make for better songs!
BeethovanSpinnin gInGrave

Clearlake, CA

#2 Jan 22, 2013
I wonder how long it will be before some enterprising programmer scans the sheet music to the songs supposedly inspired that are in the songbook and checks them all against classical scores?

A religion built on deceit and error in so many ways! Every time I think I heard it all something else pops up to expose the false teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses!

Plagiarism is an ugly word, even more so when done by an organization claiming to be Christian!

(Music plagiarism is the use or close imitation of another author's music while representing it as one's own original work.)

I wonder what kind of plagiarism it is called when the source is falsely attributed to inspiration?

No wonder they got rid of the old song books!

“Family comes First”

Weston super Mare

#3 Jan 22, 2013
There was a 50's Kingdom song entited "Happy is the man who stays awake!" (and keeps his outer garments)
that was a total rip-off of the Maine Stein song:

Being a Brit, I had no idea of the plagiarism involved until I saw a comedy sketch by the 2 Ronnies in which they parodied US marching songs. The words were very sexual and suggestive and I actually wondered how they could possibly be taking the p*** out of Kingdom songs:

Whoda Thunk

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jan 22, 2013
Mikronboy wrote:
Go 1 minute 28 seconds in:
Hey "Mikronboy":

You don't know me, since this is the absolute FIRST TIME that I ever used a computer. But lo and behold, I'm show up on this forum.

Whoda thunk?!

Just so you know, if you want to send a person to the exact spot of a YouTube video, just put...

#t=

...and the time you want. In this case, your 1 minute and 28 seconds would become...

#t=1m28 s

I'm just passing through, and thought that I'd help!

No monetary compensation expected.
Jace

Alexandria, VA

#5 Jan 22, 2013
Mikronboy wrote:
This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =q3pKqbiOb_wXX
Total rip-off from Beethovens Appassionata Opus 57. Go 1 minute 28 seconds in:
But the rip-offs did make for better songs!
When I got to bethel I asked why do the songs sound like classical music

No negro spiritual anywhere to be found. Lol

And the answer was Karl Klein GB loved classical music to he made the sings in the classically style

I think there is one hawaiian song

Now it looks like not only did Karl like classical he stole it too
You got to love jw

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 22, 2013
A real jehovah Witness would be proud if somebody else sang a song that came from one of their songbooks. They only use songs that praise Jehovah God. What is your problem?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#7 Jan 22, 2013
Jace wrote:
<quoted text>
When I got to bethel I asked why do the songs sound like classical music
No negro spiritual anywhere to be found. Lol
And the answer was Karl Klein GB loved classical music to he made the sings in the classically style
I think there is one hawaiian song
Now it looks like not only did Karl like classical he stole it too
You got to love jw
. When they had real people at the assemblies making the music.. they played a lot of classical music.. About the time ..they stopped doing that..they came out with a new song Book.. and they ummm! composed.. their own music to it.. Their songs often sounded like dirges... And they had no clue how to write a song.. They want a certain message put across and were way to wordy..
Hard to sing from the heart.. Because most of their song..weren't heart felt in composition... From house to house.from door to door.. Was not A joyous song.. more like a lament.
Give me some good ol gospel music. And stop trying to one up the Praise that is to go to GOD and his son with them selves.

Location hidden

#8 Jan 22, 2013
native56 wrote:
A real jehovah Witness would be proud if somebody else sang a song that came from one of their songbooks. They only use songs that praise Jehovah God. What is your problem?
. Come again???
jace

Clinton, MD

#9 Jan 22, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. When they had real people at the assemblies making the music.. they played a lot of classical music.. About the time ..they stopped doing that..they came out with a new song Book.. and they ummm! composed.. their own music to it.. Their songs often sounded like dirges... And they had no clue how to write a song.. They want a certain message put across and were way to wordy..
Hard to sing from the heart.. Because most of their song..weren't heart felt in composition... From house to house.from door to door.. Was not A joyous song.. more like a lament.
Give me some good ol gospel music. And stop trying to one up the Praise that is to go to GOD and his son with them selves.
wow yep i recall those days seeing folks down front playing

they got dogged by the society cause some folks added a little spice and the society was STOP NO MORE

WE WILL CONTROL THE MUSIC

quick question, in all your years as a jw do you ever recall us singing all the songs at least once???

it was like about 2 dozens used over and over

Location hidden

#10 Jan 22, 2013
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
they got dogged by the society cause some folks added a little spice and the society was STOP NO MORE
quick question, in all your years as a jw do you ever recall us singing all the songs at least once???
. Not in any of the song books. No.. I don't recall hearing them all .. Some of them just didn't make the grade.. Subliminally I think they used those that refered to them more or the work they wanted done.. Maybe that is why the dirge stick in my head..

Location hidden

#11 Jan 22, 2013
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
. I recall a song written and sung by a brother..( Do you want to live in Paradise..) I think that was the title.. rather well done.. from the heart.. It was sent to me by a sister.. who shortly there after e-mailed me again to say the Elders ..has said it was not from the Society and she shouldn't listen to it.. And I thought.. Ya! So what.?? Are we not to be spontanious.. joyful.. praising our God and his Son..?? Why does the WTS.. think that everything has to come from them..they obviously didn't have a clue what praise was..
Remnant143999

Rio Rancho, NM

#12 Jan 22, 2013
Why did the wtbts use songs that were never copywrighted , but yet they/wtbts copywright everything? Are you sure they are a non-profit Org.?

“Family comes First”

Weston super Mare

#13 Jan 23, 2013
Whoda Thunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "Mikronboy":
You don't know me, since this is the absolute FIRST TIME that I ever used a computer. But lo and behold, I'm show up on this forum.
Whoda thunk?!
Just so you know, if you want to send a person to the exact spot of a YouTube video, just put...
#t=
...and the time you want. In this case, your 1 minute and 28 seconds would become...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =q3pKqbiOb_wXX#t=1m28s
I'm just passing through, and thought that I'd help!
No monetary compensation expected.
Thank you, most kind.

“Family comes First”

Weston super Mare

#14 Jan 23, 2013
native56 wrote:
I did say that the rip-offs made for better songs.

Although keep your eyes on the pies did sound a lot like.....

&pl aynext=1&list=PLB7F10527A7 2B6F6A&feature=results_mai n

“Family comes First”

Weston super Mare

#15 Jan 23, 2013
I had a chat with Farkel of JWD many years back. We were discussing old Kingdom songs. We noticed that the old version of Dwelling together in Unity was simply a half speed rendition of the Looney Toones theme.

Farkel, being something of a pianist, put this blend of Dwelling in Unity and From House to House together:

UNchained

Loudon, TN

#16 Jan 23, 2013
native56 wrote:
Do you know what happens when a nonJW sets up a website that features quotes from Watchtower Society publications?

I'll give you a clue:

Jehovah's Witnesses Take Action Against Opposing Views

(OPENPRESS) March 17, 2006 -- This website,

www.davidgladden.com

has existed for several years providing quotes and supplemental scans of publications and secret internal documents to demonstrate the dubious and morally questionable activities of the Watchtower Society.

For several years the Watchtower Society never took issue with the quotes and scans; however something new was recently added to the web site. The owner of the site posted an internal document from within Watchtower Society that details how they run their branch operations around the world, who writes their anonymous publications, how they control and transfer finances between countries, deal with decent in the organization, and many other revealing topics such as how they hide information in order to avoid liability. In addition to this a standards manual that describes how they write their publications was also make public.

Several months ago after another website,

quotes.watchtower.ca

in Canada was sued for making available many direct quotes from Watchtower publications. The function of the website was very simple: Provide readers with a topical index of the beliefs and teachings of the Watchtower Society using nothing but verifiable direct quotes from the Watchtower Society's own publications.

Apparently "Fair Use" is not a concept understood by Jehovah's Witnesses. Peter Mosier, the owner of this website, was not able to afford the legal fees required to fight the lawsuit, so he was forced to settle out of court. The settlement required him to destroy all copies of his website and enforced a gag order against him. The Watchtower Society also took possession of the quotes.watchtower.ca domain name as part of this settlement.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#17 Jan 23, 2013
Fortunately, the quotes.watchtower.ca website was copied and mirrored all over the internet so that readers can see for themselves what the WTBTS has published in years past:

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#18 Jan 23, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. I recall a song written and sung by a brother..( Do you want to live in Paradise..) I think that was the title.. rather well done.. from the heart.. It was sent to me by a sister.. who shortly there after e-mailed me again to say the Elders ..has said it was not from the Society and she shouldn't listen to it.. And I thought.. Ya! So what.?? Are we not to be spontanious.. joyful.. praising our God and his Son..?? Why does the WTS.. think that everything has to come from them..they obviously didn't have a clue what praise was..
Back in the early 70's I was given a 45rpm record made by a "brother" supposedly singing to his mother about the paradise on earth. A few weeks after it was given to me....I got the same admonition that it was NOT sanctioned by the WTS and was frowned on being played by "the friends". I had he same reaction as you did and wondered if it was a song of joy and of praise....WHAT was the harm?

It definitely shows that unpleasant elitist attitude that the "unique" WTS is famous for exuding.

“Family comes First”

Weston super Mare

#19 Jan 23, 2013
I hear they've banned pianos and the like from Kingdom Halls and that everyone has to sing along to a CD.

Is that correct?

Why would they do that?

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#20 Jan 23, 2013
native56 wrote:
The origins of their music is not from jws. The music was not written to praise Jehovah. In fact, much of the classical music was written under order of or for the praise of the 'CHURCH', as a prelude to war or as a victory hymn.

As usual they took something they claim to abhor and called it theirs and now believe it to be 'clean'.
If it suits a purpose it seems they will do most anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JW.org opened my eyes to the truth 12 min array 273
Disfellowshiped for partaking of the emblems 23 min Brother P 171
Gareth will LIE TO YOU 43 min Aneirin 17
More Changes Coming 54 min Mikronboy 325
Christmas (Nov '13) 1 hr Nomi 1,856
Does anyone actually defend the "two witness ru... 1 hr Nomi 265
Weak lazy dull witnesses 1 hr Nomi 5
Will Becoming a JW Lead to Happiness? 8 hr little lamb 54
JW's say that December 25th is a wrong date 18 hr dee lightful 149
More from around the web