Pressure on keeping marriage intact

Sep 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: AdelaideNow...

With additional work, budget, home and family pressures, couples have to work much harder to keep marriages intact, say Jehovah's Witness leaders.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of128
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Gods love ... poured out”

Since: Dec 06

Sacramento

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 17, 2012
 
MakesTheTruthHisOwn wrote:
Not to mention homosexuality.. This is getting interesting.
I used the scripture to show there will be one marriage in heaven, possibly figurative, but, no doubt based on some kind of reality. There wouldn't be any homosexuality if the Bible is correct in that there will be "neither male or female".

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 17, 2012
 
Clearly, "MakesTheTruthHisOwn, does not know the truth and he/she has failed to do so.

Since: Aug 12

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Sep 17, 2012
 
borgfree wrote:
<quoted text>
I used the scripture to show there will be one marriage in heaven, possibly figurative, but, no doubt based on some kind of reality. There wouldn't be any homosexuality if the Bible is correct in that there will be "neither male or female".
I see so its one "it"(Jesus) marrying thousands of other "it's". Interesting marital arrangement indeed.

Since: Aug 12

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Sep 17, 2012
 
Bite My Jehovah wrote:
Clearly, "MakesTheTruthHisOwn, does not know the truth and he/she has failed to do so.
Oh yes, I'm clearly confused as to the Truth for sure. So whats your answer to Matthew 22:23-32 namely:
At the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

If there is marriage in heaven then whom will she be married to? If she is married to Jesus also then can she be married to two people at the same time?

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Sep 17, 2012
 
MakesTheTruthHisOwn wrote:
<quoted text>
I see so its one "it"(Jesus) marrying thousands of other "it's". Interesting marital arrangement indeed.
Change your name to: MakesUpLiesAndCallsThemTruth

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Sep 17, 2012
 
MakesTheTruthHisOwn wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, I'm clearly confused as to the Truth for sure. So whats your answer to Matthew 22:23-32 namely:
At the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”
If there is marriage in heaven then whom will she be married to? If she is married to Jesus also then can she be married to two people at the same time?
If you knew anything about scripture, you would know who asked the question to Jesus Christ (called Michael by cults).

You are too ignorant to know what was really happening here.

The question focused on a woman who had married seven times for apparently worldly reasons, with no evidence of having formed a spiritual bond with any of her husbands. The Sadducees were not talking about a true marriage, but merely about a legal ritual--an outward coupling without the inner meaning.

Much like the jehovah's witnesses of today, the Sadducees were not actually interested in learning about marriage after death. They did not even believe in the possibility of life after death. All they wanted was to discredit the God's teaching about life after death. They would neither have listened nor understood if Jesus had tried to explain the difference between a genuine marriage based on love and trust and the kind of legal, physical coupling they thought of as marriage.

The Sadducees, like modern day jehovah's witnesses were among those who would "see without seeing, and hear without hearing"--the kind of people Christ could speak to only in parables.(Mark 10:33, 34)

Since: Aug 12

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Sep 17, 2012
 
Bite My Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything about scripture, you would know who asked the question to Jesus Christ (called Michael by cults).
You are too ignorant to know what was really happening here.
The question focused on a woman who had married seven times for apparently worldly reasons, with no evidence of having formed a spiritual bond with any of her husbands. The Sadducees were not talking about a true marriage, but merely about a legal ritual--an outward coupling without the inner meaning.
Much like the jehovah's witnesses of today, the Sadducees were not actually interested in learning about marriage after death. They did not even believe in the possibility of life after death. All they wanted was to discredit the God's teaching about life after death. They would neither have listened nor understood if Jesus had tried to explain the difference between a genuine marriage based on love and trust and the kind of legal, physical coupling they thought of as marriage.
The Sadducees, like modern day jehovah's witnesses were among those who would "see without seeing, and hear without hearing"--the kind of people Christ could speak to only in parables.(Mark 10:33, 34)
Wow there's a lot here to cover.
1)I do know who asked the question.
2)The women, if you know the account, did not marry 7 times for worldly reasons, it clearly states in verse 24 that she married again because of Moses admonition provisioning for a widow in case their husband should die, the brother would marry her to care for her... This is not worldly reasoning unless Moses was wrong.
3)What legal ritual as appose to true marriage? the one Moses was talking about? Where are you getting all this?
4)Jehovah's witnesses believe in life after death just not the same perspective that you have. This is a false statement.
5)All this extrapolation of what Jesus was saying is not needed. What he said was clear and their questioning, although their motive was to trap him, was in line with what Moses had taught for widows and fatherless boys. The fictitious situation that they came up with, even though clearly a low chance of probability, was still valid.
6)Ya whatever, your reference to Mark is inconclusive and not worth my time.

Since: Aug 12

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Sep 17, 2012
 
Why don't you answer the question on Matthew 22:23-32.

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Sep 17, 2012
 
MakesTheTruthHisOwn wrote:
Why don't you answer the question on Matthew 22:23-32.
I did.

It's not my responsibility to make sure you can understand the answer.

You make up lies and they belong to you.

Since: Aug 12

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Sep 17, 2012
 
Bite My Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
It's not my responsibility to make sure you can understand the answer.
You make up lies and they belong to you.
Are you going to reply to post #27 or are we done here already?

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Sep 17, 2012
 
MakesTheTruthHisOwn wrote:
Jehovah's witnesses believe in life after death just not the same perspective that you have.
Oh, these scriptures talk about life in Heaven.

Do you believe you will go to HEAVEN?

Since: Aug 12

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Sep 17, 2012
 
Bite My Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, these scriptures talk about life in Heaven.
Do you believe you will go to HEAVEN?
Mhmm, now are you going to reply to post #27 or are we done here?

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Sep 17, 2012
 
MakesTheTruthHisOwn wrote:
<quoted text>
Mhmm, now are you going to reply to post #27 or are we done here?
Oh, these scriptures talk about life in Heaven.

Do you believe you will go to HEAVEN?

Since: Aug 12

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Sep 17, 2012
 
Bite My Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, these scriptures talk about life in Heaven.
Do you believe you will go to HEAVEN?
Wow first time I point out someone's misinterpretation and they refuse to rebut. So I'll lay #2 point to rest then and move on to other topics.

Since: Aug 12

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Sep 17, 2012
 
Bite My Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, these scriptures talk about life in Heaven.
Do you believe you will go to HEAVEN?
In case you didn't see it by "Mhmm" thats an affirmative. So I did answer your question. Now are you going to dig into #27 or are you going to concede that you were wrong. It's up to you.

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Sep 17, 2012
 
I completely answered you in post #15 and #18.

I will note that Mhmm means yes.

What language is that?

Since: Aug 12

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Sep 17, 2012
 
Bite My Jehovah wrote:
I completely answered you in post #15 and #18.
I will note that Mhmm means yes.
What language is that?
You didn't answer anything and you've never said "mhmm" to anyone in the affirmative?

Since: Aug 12

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Sep 17, 2012
 
Bite My Jehovah wrote:
I completely answered you in post #15 and #18.
I will note that Mhmm means yes.
What language is that?
oh i see. You did answer and I showed you were incorrect. Are you sticking to your original understanding in posts 15 or 18 or would you like to change that?

If Not we're done then. Lets not keep going like this.

Since: Aug 12

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Sep 17, 2012
 
ok your absence I'll take it as that you are sticking to your understanding in post 15/18

So to summarize those reading can just read your posts in 15 & 18 and my rebut in post 27. Then there's really no substantial reply afterwards by you so this conversation is finished and I have to get home.

Ciao.

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Sep 17, 2012
 
MakesTheTruthHisOwn wrote:
<quoted text>
oh i see. You did answer and I showed you were incorrect. Are you sticking to your original understanding in posts 15 or 18 or would you like to change that?
If Not we're done then. Lets not keep going like this.
You didn't show anything was incorrect.

But cling to that if it helps you.

You are completely ignorant of the scripture you wanted to discuss and I have no interest in teaching you the basics and then building upon them.

You claim that you make the truth your own.

All that you make your own is ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of128
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••