First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#1 Aug 15, 2009
Gordan William Inston: Pedophile

Excerpts from sentencing:

“Gordon William Inston, you have been found guilty by a jury of one count of unlawful sexual intercourse against a child under 12, and three counts of indecent assault against a child under 12. You were found not guilty of a further charge of unlawful sexual intercourse of a child under 12.”

“You committed the offences against two girls.”

“The offending against the two girls was roughly between 1988 and 1994, some six years.”

“You are an elder in the Jehovah’s Witness church. Your counsel tells me that the church and the congregation are supportive of you. I do not know whether that is on the basis that you did or did not commit these offences.”

“You do not admit what you have done and the girls have to get on with their lives in the face of your continuing denials.”

Marvin Shilmer

http://www.courts.sa.gov.au/sent_remarks/sr/0...
UNchained

Rogersville, TN

#2 Aug 15, 2009
"You ARE an elder in the Jehovah’s Witness church."

PRESENT TENSE

What a clean congregation.

Hoodwinked

Yorba Linda, CA

#3 Aug 15, 2009
I can't believe the sentence!! I'm so glad I live in California.
Mardana

Citrus Heights, CA

#4 Aug 15, 2009
UNchained wrote:
"You ARE an elder in the Jehovah’s Witness church."

PRESENT TENSE

What a clean congregation.
"Your counsel tells me that the church and the congregation *ARE* supportive of you."

Also PRESENT TENSE

Hmmmm

Hoodwinked

Yorba Linda, CA

#5 Aug 15, 2009
Where are the supporters?
What kind of excuses are they going to come up with this time?

I hope everyone noticed this creep was molesting these kids right around others at congregation functions. So much for kids being protected. These monsters get off on getting away with it right in front of others who think it's so cute this elder was paying attention to the young ones in the congregation!
Makes me so angry.

Since: May 08

Portland, OR

#6 Aug 15, 2009
15 months?????

Seriously????

Hopefully he kicks the bucket while in prison.

I don't care how old someone is, if they do that to a child, they deserve to rot, I can't believe some of these judges.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Aug 15, 2009
One would have thought that Mr. Inston's board of elders would have defrocked and excommunicated him.
Hoodwinked

Yorba Linda, CA

#8 Aug 16, 2009
scourge wrote:
15 months?????
Seriously????
Hopefully he kicks the bucket while in prison.
I don't care how old someone is, if they do that to a child, they deserve to rot, I can't believe some of these judges.
Scourge,
My blood was boiling after reading that the Judge went easy on him because of his health and age!!
That creep didn't think of the age of those poor babies while he was molesting them! They have to live with it for the rest of their lives and he gets a slap on the wrist and support from his family and congregation?
Something is so wrong with that in my opinion.
eagleeye

Kansas City, MO

#9 Aug 16, 2009
I don't support this person. He doesn't have enough life left to pay for the pain he has caused these girls. He is naked and exposed before Jehovah, and Jehovah will do what is right and just with him and with the girls who have kept their faith in spite of this ordeal.

To me, seeing that he did this with others around and the girls did not speak out, just emphasizes my conviction that the only real protection for children is educating them and empowering them to speak up IMMEDIATELY, on the spot, if ANYTHING improper starts to occur with ANYONE.

My granddaughter has reported her dad to her mother for scooping snow out of the back of her jeans and me for giving her a wedgie. She is educated and sensitized so that no one, not even Dad or Grandma, will get by with anything.

Parents must do this with their children in this day and age. No one else can be with the child every minute of every day, and no one can accurately predict where abuse might come from.

I am so thankful these girls have had guidance so that they know who to blame and have kept their faith in Jehovah.
Hoodwinked

Yorba Linda, CA

#10 Aug 16, 2009
eagleeye wrote:
I don't support this person. He doesn't have enough life left to pay for the pain he has caused these girls. He is naked and exposed before Jehovah, and Jehovah will do what is right and just with him and with the girls who have kept their faith in spite of this ordeal.
To me, seeing that he did this with others around and the girls did not speak out, just emphasizes my conviction that the only real protection for children is educating them and empowering them to speak up IMMEDIATELY, on the spot, if ANYTHING improper starts to occur with ANYONE.
My granddaughter has reported her dad to her mother for scooping snow out of the back of her jeans and me for giving her a wedgie. She is educated and sensitized so that no one, not even Dad or Grandma, will get by with anything.
Parents must do this with their children in this day and age. No one else can be with the child every minute of every day, and no one can accurately predict where abuse might come from.
I am so thankful these girls have had guidance so that they know who to blame and have kept their faith in Jehovah.
Too bad those girls had to see the congregation supporting their molester!

Look what happened to one
"Nevertheless, I have no reason to think that the jury disbelieved T’s account of other offending by you against her. I accept her evidence beyond reasonable doubt. I find that there was a course of conduct of offending against T. I accept her evidence, that it started when she was about 6 and did not finish until she was about 13. When she was 6 you would start to tickle her and touch her on the chest under her underwear. This sometimes occurred in the presence of other female members of your family, but not, significantly, T’s father. As time went on you would touch her underneath her clothes on her genitals. She said that when she was young she came to regard it as the normal behavior of a man. But as she became adolescent she realized it was wrong and tried to keep away from you. She suffered an anxiety attack when she was 15 and was committed to the Warrnambool Hospital."

"she retains her faith"
One of the girls said this... and I agree with her I have retained my faith in Jehovah as well, trust me when your in a place where the people you trust support the one who hurt your baby! You need to rely on Jehovah completely and have faith that he will make sure Justice takes place because as you can see your Shepard's and B/S don't do it.

EE..I'm glad you granddaughter is so educated but you do realize it takes all of a few seconds for a man to stick his hands up her dress and violate her right? This story just showed how easy it is. Right at gatherings. No matter how smart and how educated molesters are always smarter. Once she or he is violated you can't take it back a few seconds can effect a child and her family forever:(

That's why it is clueless to think because one or two elders may know of a molester within the congregation is enough! We can clearly see it's not!

Let the parents know so they can protect their children..period.
eagleeye

Kansas City, MO

#11 Aug 16, 2009
Hoodwinked wrote:
<quoted text>
"she retains her faith"
One of the girls said this... and I agree with her I have retained my faith in Jehovah as well,
You do know that making oneself a "friend of the world" makes one an "enemy of God", don't you?
And if you make your children "friends of the world", you make them "enemies of God" as well.
James 4:4
Hoodwinked

Yorba Linda, CA

#12 Aug 16, 2009
eagleeye wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that making oneself a "friend of the world" makes one an "enemy of God", don't you?
And if you make your children "friends of the world", you make them "enemies of God" as well.
So you saying you want to be my friend?? LOL...
eagleeye

Kansas City, MO

#13 Aug 16, 2009
Hoodwinked wrote:
<quoted text>
So you saying you want to be my friend?? LOL...
When you stop being a friend of the world, we'll talk about it.
eagleeye

Kansas City, MO

#14 Aug 16, 2009
eagleeye wrote:
<quoted text>
And I do notice how you always make a joke of any serious scriptural point that you don't want to face.

AuroraMom

Since: Sep 07

United States

#15 Aug 16, 2009
Hoodwinked wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad those girls had to see the congregation supporting their molester!

T
When they are of age, I hope they confront every person that supported someone who support a sexual molester of children and contributed to their pain.

This cult never fails to protect men and put children in extreme danger.

How any parent with half a brain could ever expose their children to such a dangerous cult is beyond me.
Hoodwinked

Yorba Linda, CA

#16 Aug 16, 2009
eagleeye wrote:
<quoted text>
And I do notice how you always make a joke of any serious scriptural point that you don't want to face.
I don't mean to make a joke as you say of a spritual point it's just hard to take it from someone who is doing the same if not worse.

13 Because of listening to the Devil and not rejecting his lies, the first human pair apostatized. So, then, should we listen to apostates, read their literature, or examine their Web sites on the Internet? If we love God and the truth, we will not do so. We should not allow apostates into our homes or even greet them, for such actions would make us ‘sharers in their wicked works.’(2 John 9-11) May we never succumb to the Devil’s wiles by abandoning the Christian “path of truth” to follow false teachers who seek to “introduce ruinous ideologies” and try to ‘exploit us with well-turned phrases.’—2 Peter 2:1-3, Byington.

*Sharers in their wicked works*

2John 9 Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.

Judge lest be Judged EE...
red blood relative

United States

#17 Aug 16, 2009
those girls probably went to the elders many times, and they were shushed up, because everybody liked the guy.... he was popular.

notice how much support the creep got from active jws....... what do you think the same active jws did to the little girls who were complaining..... they probably called them liars.

that's why their written policy is just eye candy for the world...... jws leadership dosent follow it.... they shush those kids up and make sure they know that if they go to the police, they will be in huge trouble...

and notice that even if they do go to the police, the whole congregation chips in to defend the pervert, and deny the evidence... i'm sure the elders involed denied the girls repeatedly complained about it.

so, how do they prove it?....... start getting it on tape, you jw molestation victims.

it's a pedophile paradise, just like bill bowen said.
dee

Williamston, SC

#18 Aug 16, 2009
Hoodwinked wrote:
<quoted text>
Scourge,
My blood was boiling after reading that the Judge went easy on him because of his health and age!!
That creep didn't think of the age of those poor babies while he was molesting them! They have to live with it for the rest of their lives and he gets a slap on the wrist and support from his family and congregation?
The English judges seem to particularly easy on these SOB's or is it my imagination?
eagleeye

Kansas City, MO

#19 Aug 16, 2009
Hoodwinked wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mean to make a joke as you say of a spritual point it's just hard to take it from someone who is doing the same if not worse.
13 Because of listening to the Devil and not rejecting his lies, the first human pair apostatized. So, then, should we listen to apostates, read their literature, or examine their Web sites on the Internet? If we love God and the truth, we will not do so. We should not allow apostates into our homes or even greet them, for such actions would make us ‘sharers in their wicked works.’(2 John 9-11) May we never succumb to the Devil’s wiles by abandoning the Christian “path of truth” to follow false teachers who seek to “introduce ruinous ideologies” and try to ‘exploit us with well-turned phrases.’—2 Peter 2:1-3, Byington.
*Sharers in their wicked works*
2John 9 Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.
Judge lest be Judged EE...
I have not greeted or befriended or invited into my home any apostate. I have not shared in their tearing down of my brothers and sisters. Far from it, I have opposed them and defended my faithful brothers and sisters.
In no way have I made myself an enemy of Jehovah or his people.
So, no, we are not doing the same thing.
In everything I have proved that I am on Jehovah's side and on the side of his faithful and discreet slave and his faithful appointed servants. You have done the opposite.

Since: May 08

United States

#20 Aug 16, 2009
Hoodwinked wrote:
<quoted text>
Scourge,
It's unbelievable to me that the victims are given less consideration than the sick pervert who commits the crime. So wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Praise Jehovah (Jul '13) 2 min dee rightful 5,276
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 3 min PrufSammy 24,066
Who Really Is the "Faithful and Discreet Slave"? 4 min the Mad JW 81
News 'Remain Loyal!' theme of Jehovah's Witnesses co... 4 min BetheljudgmentDan... 437
Loving the taste of wormwood. 6 min PrufSammy 339
I'm the Christ. Now You Know. 35 min BetheljudgmentDan... 24
John 1:1 50 min 1919 Falsehood 188
How Could God Essentially Turn an Angel Into God? 2 hr dee rightful 557
More from around the web