Comments
1 - 20 of 95 Comments Last updated May 4, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
apple

Singapore, Singapore

#1 Apr 6, 2013
God so loves the world that He sent his only begotten son to save the world. that whoever believes in Him will be saved.

salvation is easy, needless to do anything, just believe and accept him as your saviour, all your sins are forgiven.
jackie

Levittown, PA

#2 Apr 7, 2013
Really?

You do know we wouldn't have our savior Christ Jesus, if it wasn't for his Father Jehovah.

Isaiah 49:26

And I will make those maltreating you eat their own flesh; and as with the sweet wine they will become drunk with their own blood. And all flesh will have to know that I, Jehovah, am your Savior and your Repurchaser, the Powerful One of Jacob.
jackie

Levittown, PA

#3 Apr 7, 2013
Luke 13:23,24

23) Now a certain man said to him: "Lord, are those being saved few? He said to them:
24)"Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many , I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able,

1 Tim.4:10

For to this end we are working hard and exerting ourselves, because we have rested our hope on a living God, who is a Savior of all sorts of men, especially of faithful ones.
apple

Singapore, Singapore

#4 Apr 7, 2013
jackie wrote:
23) Now a certain man said to him: "Lord, are those being saved few? He said to them:
24)"Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many , I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able,
For to this end we are working hard and exerting ourselves, because we have rested our hope on a living God, who is a Savior of all sorts of men, especially of faithful ones.
many tried to enter the narror door but failed cos it was before Jesus's death. Only after His death, his blood is able to open the narrow door for his people.
apple

Singapore, Singapore

#5 Apr 7, 2013
and of course christians have to repent from their evil ways.

“I m no jws”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#6 Apr 7, 2013
yes the one and only saviour, jesus christ.
Pat

Rockford, IL

#7 Apr 7, 2013
“And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and WASHED US FROM OUR SINS IN HIS OWN BLOOD”(Revelation 1:5).

1st Peter 1:18,19:

“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; BUT WITH THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.”

1st John 1:7 we read:

“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

Romans 5:11,“And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.”

Whereas the blood of goats and bulls could not take away our sins, Jesus' blood ONCE AND FOR ALL took away our sins forever...

Ephesians 2:13,“But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.”

But BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.”—Hebrews 9:12
Jesus is mankinds ONLY SAVIOR it was His blood , His sacrifice God accepted the only thing God has accepted to save mankind eternally and give us eternal life . There is salvation in nothing else NOTHING .

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#8 Apr 7, 2013
jackie wrote:
Really?
You do know we wouldn't have our savior Christ Jesus, if it wasn't for his Father Jehovah.
And I will make those maltreating you eat their own flesh; and as with the sweet wine they will become drunk with their own blood. And all flesh will have to know that I, Jehovah, am your Savior and your Repurchaser, the Powerful One of Jacob.
So true, Jackie.

It was Jehovah's love originally that caused him to send his son whom he had begotten to die for us.

(John 3:16)“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#9 Apr 7, 2013
It was Jehovah's initiative that made the provision for Christ's sacrifice to redeem mankind from their death sentence.

(John 5:19) 19 

Therefore, in answer, Jesus went on to say to them:

“Most truly I say to YOU, The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative,

but only what he beholds the Father doing. For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

(John 5:30)

30 I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative; just as I hear, I judge; and the judgment that I render is righteous,

because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him that sent me.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#10 Apr 7, 2013
jackie wrote:

Can you work your way to salvation?
apple

Singapore, Singapore

#11 Apr 8, 2013
If we could "work" our way to heaven, then we wouldn't need a Savior. Jesus would not have had to die in our place. But we do need a Savior because all our good works still fall short of the Glory of God.

We are saved by Grace. Grace is a gift that can not be earned by good deeds.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
helwp

Singapore, Singapore

#12 Apr 12, 2013
hello everyone
apple

Singapore, Singapore

#13 Apr 12, 2013

yahushua said you can't tear down the gates of heaven

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#14 Apr 13, 2013
apple wrote:
God so loves the world that He sent his only begotten son to save the world. that whoever believes in Him will be saved.
salvation is easy, needless to do anything, just believe and accept him as your saviour, all your sins are forgiven.
This is untrue, simply believing in Jesus is not enough to be saved.

You must become a disciple of Christ, following closely in his footsteps and adhering to his teachings.

You can not believe in Jesus, accept him as your saviour and do evil things and get saved.

You must turn your life around according to Christ's teachings or your belief is in vane:

*** 1 Cor 15:1 Now I declare to you, brothers, the Good News which I preached to you, which also you received, in which you also stand,

*** 1 Cor 15:2 by which also you are saved, if you hold firmly the word which I preached to you-unless you believed in vain.

Jesus Christ himself said that it was not enough to simply believe in him and accept him as your saviour:

*** Matt 7:21 Not everyone who says to me,'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

No, accepting Christ as your Lord is NOT enough to save you. You have to actually OBEY the scriptures and to the will of Jehovah God - Christ's Father in heaven.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#15 Apr 13, 2013
Jehovah's Witnesses:
http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/

Jehovah's Witnesses' publications:
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/

Jehovah's Witnesses' Bible teachings:
http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Santa Monica, CA

#16 Apr 13, 2013
Chant to find the truth.
http://www.nichirenbuddhist.org/
Pat

Rockford, IL

#17 Apr 14, 2013
1COR 15

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

So the gospel that saves is
Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures

Of course we must follow Christ and God's laws and that comes with believing no one ever said that when we come to Christ we don't have to follow him and God's laws we follow him and God's laws because we love him and are convicted by the Holy Spirit to do that .JW call Christ a liar JW CALL HIS FATHER A LIAR Heb 1:8 'Christ said he rose physically that he was NOT a spirit JW say he lied he was a spirit how can anyone call them liars and say they follow them ?Its a cult period . JW point men to the Watchtower that implies what Christ did at Calvary was insufficient we would need more Christ however and the Bible itself does not say that .
Pat

Rockford, IL

#18 Apr 14, 2013
Hebrews 9:12 concerning Jesus,“Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.” Jesus' blood didn't atone for our sins; but rather, took them away forever!
The LORD God has effectively dealt with every sin that has ever been committed (Heb. 9:11-12; 10:10-14). The Son of God is “the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world”(John 1:29). He was not just any person dying on a cross, but the sinless Son of God who was giving Himself as a substitutionary sacrifice for all who would call upon His name.

We don't need anything else to be saved we don't need membership in any organization or specifice church we need what Christ did for us at Calvary .
The believer is a sinner, even though he is a redeemed sinner. The difference is that he confesses his sins and claims the forgiveness of God in Christ (1 Jn. 1:6-7).“The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin”
Christ's shed blood was the one and only sacrifice accepted by God to save mankind period it was all sufficient and no other foundation can be or will be accepted EVER .
Pat

Rockford, IL

#19 Apr 14, 2013
1 John 4:10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.
Jesus is our only savior HE shed HIS BLOOD , we died for us HE bought us by that shed blood and it is by that shed blood we are clean , nothing else can save us and we sure aren't saved by joining a cult .
Major Exposure

United States

#20 Apr 14, 2013
jackie wrote:
Really?
Pure fantasy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Higher Education 14 min jace 1,001
Stop using this forum, you will not find the tr... 15 min Been there 1
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 20 min Matt13weedhacker 16,056
The ULTIMATE Humiliation! Who will the FORMER "... 24 min Watchman 12
Do not marvel at this. 25 min Sparlock 36
More BLIND Obedience Stressed 47 min Maravilla 185
HEY Pittsburgh! What Happened?! (Nov '13) 49 min Watchman 468
Ice Bucket Challenge for Christians? 56 min Maravilla 92
What do JW's and Amway... 1 hr Aneirin 82
Hebrews 9:27 1 hr Covered 181