Two Scriptures Prove Jesus is Not God...

Two Scriptures Prove Jesus is Not God, That He Worships the Father as God

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 30, 2010
1. Jesus (the Lamb) and his Father have different names.

2. Holy Spirit has no name and is not a person.

New International Version (©1984)
Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.

1. Jesus has a God.

2. Jesus worships his God.

Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

Location hidden

#2 Mar 30, 2010
I posted this without citing the scriptures quoted:

:::::

Revelation 14:1 New International Version

Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.

::::::::

1. Jesus has a God.

Revelation 3:12 New International Version

Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#3 Mar 30, 2010
Hooray!! Its true!! Jesus is not God, because he has a God who he worships!!
Lannymac

New Iberia, LA

#4 Mar 31, 2010
eagleeye2 wrote:
John 12:41 Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him.

When did Isaiah see Jesus' glory?

Isa 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the LORD seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple

Two scriptures that prove Jesus bears the name YHWH.

If you say otherwise, then you should be able to post scripture where Isaiah is seeing Jesus' glory.

Location hidden

#5 Mar 31, 2010
Lannymac wrote:
<quoted text>
John 12:41 Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him.
When did Isaiah see Jesus' glory?
Isa 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the LORD seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple
Two scriptures that prove Jesus bears the name YHWH.
If you say otherwise, then you should be able to post scripture where Isaiah is seeing Jesus' glory.
Isaiah didn't see Jesus' glory, he saw Jehovah's.
Lannymac

New Iberia, LA

#6 Mar 31, 2010
Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah didn't see Jesus' glory, he saw Jehovah's.
I take it, you think Apostle John was mistaken?
Prime

United States

#7 Mar 31, 2010
eagleeye2 wrote:
I posted this without citing the scriptures quoted:
Revelation 14:1 New International Version
::::::::
1. Jesus has a God.
Revelation 3:12 New International Version
I don't see anything about Jesus worshiping his God and no one has said that the Son and the Father have the same name! Also do you see what happens to the ones who deny Jesus name? Yep be very afraid EE!

“be original :)”

Since: Jan 09

somewhere in england hehe

#8 Mar 31, 2010
nice scriptures EE :) right on the ball.

John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

my own fav.

Reniaa

Location hidden

#9 Mar 31, 2010
Reniaa wrote:
nice scriptures EE :) right on the ball.
John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "
my own fav.
Reniaa
Revelation 14:1 was in our Memorial talk last night, and I also ran the cross-references. I do a lot of study and meditation right at the Hall, don't you? It is so easy to disprove the trinity theory, I am always catching another one.

Psalm 83:18 is a single scripture that disproves the trinity too.

#10 Mar 31, 2010
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 14:1 was in our Memorial talk last night, and I also ran the cross-references. I do a lot of study and meditation right at the Hall, don't you? It is so easy to disprove the trinity theory, I am always catching another one.
Psalm 83:18 is a single scripture that disproves the trinity too.
Trinity is a blind for those who want to remain blind about our Eternal father Jehovah.

I too find it hard to understand how they can be fooled by such unbiblical nonsense like the trinity is but they are so inflexible even the open truth of the bible cannot reach them.

here's another one.

1 Corinthians 15:27
For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

Reniaa

Location hidden

#11 Mar 31, 2010
Lannymac wrote:
<quoted text>I take it, you think Apostle John was mistaken?
No, you're just reading it wrong.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#12 Mar 31, 2010
Do you believe that a human son is less human than his father?

No, right?

Then, how can Jesus as God’s Son be less God than His Father is God?

Location hidden

#13 Mar 31, 2010
TRINITY: One God who is revealed in three persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; The Trinity is not Modalism—the view that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all one person; nor is it Tritheism—the view that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three separate Gods.

THE FATHER IS GOD: Philippians 2:11

THE SON IS GOD: John 20:28; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1; Hebrews 1:8; Matthew 1:23; Isaiah 9:6; Colossians 2:9, John 1:1, 18

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD: Acts 5:3-4

Yet there are not three “Gods” but only ONE GOD: Isaiah 43:10-11; 44:6,8; 45:21-22; 46:9;

MATTHEW 28:19:“...baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit”

Since: Dec 06

Albany, NY

#14 Mar 31, 2010
eagleeye2 wrote:
Seeing that the teaching is that there is One God (one essence) and that, One God, is three persons, there should no problem with each person having a name
And where in the Bible does it say that the Holy Spirit is not a person?
Would you agree that the Holy Spirit is a person (meaning has personality) if the Bible says that the Holy Spirit teaches, is a counselor, testifies, speaks, can be a witness, encourages, sends people out, warns people, and loves?
eagleeye2 wrote:
1. Jesus has a God.
Interesting that God the Father calls Jesus "The God" in Hebrews 1:8...here it is from 'The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures':
"toward but the Son The throne of you the God into the age of the age, and the staff of the straightness staff of the kingdom of him."
You need to look at the Greek on this because the men in control at the Watchtower have rearranged the scripture to push their doctrine.
eagleeye2 wrote:
No problem there, Jesus became a human and did exactly what humans should do...Hebrews 2:17-18 and 4:14-16.
Having said that...where exactly does it say that Jesus worshiped God?
Do you find it at all note worthy that on one hand Isaiah 43:10 says:
"Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."
Yet Jesus is God (or as Thomas calls him in John 20:28 "the God" and as the Father calls him in Hebrews 1:8 "the God")
Unless you are ready to say that Jesus is not a true God?
Is it interesting, to you, that on one hand Colossians 1:16 says that all things were created for Jesus.(remember "other" was added by the men in the Watchtower to push a doctrine)
but on the other hand Romans ll:36 says that all things were created for God.
One other thing (for the moment)...isn't it interesting that on one hand Isaiah 44:24 says: "I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself."
Yet, John 1:3 says that if it was created it was created by Jesus.

#15 Mar 31, 2010
hollieberry wrote:
No, right?
Jesus is less than his father and the scriptures say it.

For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

your just scripture twisting but ignoring the whole.

Your saying God is like man then saying he isn't like man, going backwards and forwards twisting this way and that.

Reniaa

#16 Mar 31, 2010
hollieberry wrote:
No, right?
John 14:28
"You heard me say,'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

by Jesus's own words.

Reniaa

Since: Dec 06

Albany, NY

#17 Mar 31, 2010
Reniaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Your saying God is like man then saying he isn't like man, going backwards and forwards twisting this way and that.
Reniaa
That's because Jesus has two natures...his God nature and his human nature check out Philippians 2:5-11
All-Hail-K

United States

#18 Mar 31, 2010
Ok well here we go, I'm going to put on my helmet for this.
I agree. Jesus is not God.I really believe the witnesses have this right. Even tho Gareth thinks I have a cross and Reniaa thinks I am a trinitarian.

Location hidden

#19 Mar 31, 2010
Reniaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Reniaa
I didn't quote any scripture, so how can I be 'scripture twisting',,,,lol!

NOW, you DID quote scripture, and DID do some twisting.

Psalm 8:6 (NIV) You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:

Location hidden

#20 Mar 31, 2010
stark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because Jesus has two natures...his God nature and his human nature check out Philippians 2:5-11
EXACTLY!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does this mean? 8 min Erran 504
God's Name WAS in the Original NT!!! (Sep '16) 9 min jad2017 2,075
Hebrews 1:13-14 41 min Bible believer 33
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 1 hr rsss1 27,200
Genesis 3:22-24 3 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 112
When are the "Last Days"? 3 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 207
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 4 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 10,446
How I know that the JWs religion is the truth? (Oct '15) 11 hr Spike 302
More from around the web