We're Still Discovering New Species o...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#203 Sep 24, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, if you have, then I apologize, and I am taking your word on it that you have.
Thanks.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#204 Sep 24, 2013
Arkham Bravo wrote:
Boni, look up the Minoan civilization if you are interested in seeing what an interruption of civilization looks like. Around 1400 BC the historical records of the Minoans experienced a stop. A volcanic eruption from the nearby island of Thera caused a tsunami to flood the region. History shows a break in this civilization and then a gradual rebuilding of the civ on a smaller scale.
This is the type of evidence that is missing from these civs at 2350 BC. Like the Minoan break, we should see interruptions of their history follkwed with an explanation of what happened. HHowever no such breaks exist.
Same to same.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#205 Sep 24, 2013
Arkham Bravo wrote:
Boni, look up China's list of emperors. Emperor Yao was born 2324 BC and died 2206 BC. But if your flood story is true, Yao would have only lived to 26 years of age instead of 118, and China's civ would have been completely wiped out!
But instead, Yao was succeeded by Emperor Shun! Life goes on!
Same to same.

Many civilizations do rebuild, Arkham.

:)

“Life is short, enjoy life.:-).”

Since: Aug 13

Baghdad, Iraq

#206 Sep 24, 2013
Nice posts Arkham Bravo....!

Since: Feb 07

RI

#207 Sep 24, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Not odd at all -- especially when you are related to each of them.
LOL
Oh, I see. So you're related to people who own multiple ranches and you breed and raise horses there for yourself. Interesting.

What breed of horses do you breed? Why do you breed them? For show? To sell? Just curious.
RedhorseWoman, wild animals - including horses - have been eating the wild grasses throughout the year, especially after Winter, for millenniums. The animals survived.
Enough said about that.
:)
And your point is? All I ever said is that Spring grass is very rich and CAN cause problems...especially when animals have either been starving (due to hibernation, as you suggested) or because of being on less appetizing rations for over a year.

Don't know why you have a problem with facts. Oh, wait...you're JW...of course that's why.
Now, wouldn't it be silly for God to bring the animals to the ark, preserve the animals through the flood, only to release them so they can die from eating too much fresh grass salad? All that work for nothing?
LOL!
LOL You FINALLY got the point, didn't you? There WAS no Flood. Took awhile, but you finally got there!!

Since: Feb 07

RI

#208 Sep 24, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Not when God is in control.
:)
Can't use the "goddidit" argument to support your magical thinking. No Flood. Sorry.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#209 Sep 24, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Not odd at all -- especially when you are related to each of them.
LOL
<quoted text>
RedhorseWoman, wild animals - including horses - have been eating the wild grasses throughout the year, especially after Winter, for millenniums. The animals survived.
Enough said about that.
:)
<quoted text>
Now, wouldn't it be silly for God to bring the animals to the ark, preserve the animals through the flood, only to release them so they can die from eating too much fresh grass salad? All that work for nothing?
LOL!
.
. Wild animals do not function totally the way domesticated ones do... Contrary to your childlike chortles.. The wild animals diet through out the year..is subject to what available. and trust me ..there are no grain bags growing on trees.. They become adapted to what they can find... Yet the stomach of those that rely upon men.. become accustom to what men feed them..and so..when they are allowed outside they ..like humans tend to get into a lot of things that won't agree with them... over indulge .. Like a child in a icecream parlor..

Since: Feb 07

RI

#210 Sep 24, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking to Karen. I said to her that I have apologized when I was either in the wrong or went out-of-line. I did not have you in mind in that dialog at all. I thought I'd clear that point of your self-centered universe for you.
Now, I did admit the mistaken identity but that's all you get. Because you knew it was mistaken identity but you were not interested in clearing the error.
:)
Excuse me? I was most certainly interested in "clearingthe error." I posted to you that I had NEVER posted on that thread and that you could have had me confused with someone else.

You then pointed me to the post by SOMEONE ELSE that you INSISTED was me. When Array had to jog your comprehension machine, you said "Ah, okay" but no apology for your false accusations.

The only one here with a "self-centered universe" is YOU. YOU made a false accusation. YOU refused to accept the fact that I had NEVER posted on that thread, and then YOU were too self-centered and prideful to apologize.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#211 Sep 24, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking to Karen. I said to her that I have apologized when I was either in the wrong or went out-of-line. I did not have you in mind in that dialog at all. I thought I'd clear that point of your self-centered universe for you.
Now, I did admit the mistaken identity but that's all you get. Because you knew it was mistaken identity but you were not interested in clearing the error.
:)
For whatever reason, you feel that you can say what you want or do what you want to those whom you consider to be "apostates."

"Mistaken identity" was a pretty long reach when the names are totally different, mine is registered, and the other is not, and when I TOLD you that I had never posted on that thread.

For whatever reason, you feel that I (and probably many others) are so far beneath you that you don't have to offer common courtesy, but you can attack at will and then pat yourself on the back for doing it.

At one point, I did think that you were one of the JW supporters who was a bit more reasonable than others. I now know that you are not.
dee lightful

Stanley, NC

#212 Sep 24, 2013
Arkham Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I could see if God gave Noah a list. But he didn't. The account said that he was ordered to gather two or seven (depending which verse you want to go with) of each animal.
That means that Noah had to basically categorize the entire animal kingdom, a feat, as shown by this article is still ongoing!
Yet another reason why to see the account as just a fable and not a recording of actual human and animal events.
Boni's post makes sense they they could have been very young, therefor smaller. There is muchwe don't know for sure and can only guess at.
I recently read an account that said there was a flood in one area but not the entire earth. I don' think Noah had dinosaurs on board and this could explain the many more creasures then the Ark could accommodate.
just another thought .

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#213 Sep 24, 2013
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. So you're related to people who own multiple ranches and you breed and raise horses there for yourself. Interesting.
Yes, it was interesting!
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is? All I ever said is that Spring grass is very rich and CAN cause problems...especially when animals have either been starving (due to hibernation, as you suggested) or because of being on less appetizing rations for over a year.
And your point is? "Can" cause problems? You've been pressing as if they "will" cause problems. We eased the animals to the grass as the grass was new. Still kept them on the feed mixes until they eased into it. We NEVER had a problem.

Remember that wild animals are living off their fat stores and whatever "less appetizing rations" they can find too. And continue to do so for less and less as the new grass comes up and mature as does their consumption.

God is in control.

:)
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You FINALLY got the point, didn't you? There WAS no Flood. Took awhile, but you finally got there!!
Oh? You got something mixed somewhere where I said that it would be silly for God to preserve the animals through the flood only to have them die on fresh grass.

:)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#214 Sep 24, 2013
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't use the "goddidit" argument to support your magical thinking. No Flood. Sorry.
God did it! And the Flood happened.

Don't apologize to me.

:)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#215 Sep 24, 2013
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
For whatever reason, you feel that you can say what you want or do what you want to those whom you consider to be "apostates."
"Mistaken identity" was a pretty long reach when the names are totally different, mine is registered, and the other is not, and when I TOLD you that I had never posted on that thread.
For whatever reason, you feel that I (and probably many others) are so far beneath you that you don't have to offer common courtesy, but you can attack at will and then pat yourself on the back for doing it.
At one point, I did think that you were one of the JW supporters who was a bit more reasonable than others. I now know that you are not.
You engaged me, remember?

LOL

While you are licking your non-existent wounds, let me tell you an observation of my own:

A number of the Opposition have told and accused me of many varied things that are MUCH WORSE. Continues to this day. Unfounded, of course, but it doesn't stop them. Sometimes I ask for an apology when they couldn't offer proof. I never received any; even on some occasions when it was I that cleared the misunderstanding rather than they verifying the matter.

So, I move on.

Am I vengeful, bitter, harp on it incessantly, or pontificate grand blanket statements blaming an entire group of people because of it? Of course not!

:)

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#216 Sep 24, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
You have to keep in mind that antediluvian civilizations the people lived ten times our customary lifespans. I'd think a number of them certainly reached levels of technological development before the flood. But with critical mis-assumptions by current archaeologists are applied using current assumed norms, age ranges are not estimated correctly.
The Flood accounts from various civilizations around the world indicate that there were civilizations before the flood. Noah was living in one. However, as a result of the destruction during the flood and the passage of time, the remaining evidence of any pre flood civilization is not as much as we are led to believe. And when they are, dating methods are estimated and vary very widely.
:)
What are these critical "mis-assumptions" that all archeologists according to you seem to be making about the bronze age? Are you saying the Bronze Age occurred much earlier? Why would all these civilizatiins lie about when they lived? Thats one huge conspiracy theory you have going there.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#217 Sep 24, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Same to same.
Many civilizations do rebuild, Arkham.
:)
What same to same?! You have a Chinese Emperor living right through the flood! Why would the Chinese lie about when this emperor lived?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#218 Sep 24, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Same to same.
Not same to same. If there was an interruption in a civilization, it would be recorded similar to the way the Minoan experience was. There we can see from their writings a flood event that almost wiped out an entire civilization. People did have writing systems back then and did record their history! Why do you concoct this story that they all lied and that archeologists are way off?!

Do you believe the earth is flat too?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#219 Sep 24, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
You have to keep in mind that antediluvian civilizations the people lived ten times our customary lifespans. I'd think a number of them certainly reached levels of technological development before the flood. But with critical mis-assumptions by current archaeologists are applied using current assumed norms, age ranges are not estimated correctly.
The Flood accounts from various civilizations around the world indicate that there were civilizations before the flood. Noah was living in one. However, as a result of the destruction during the flood and the passage of time, the remaining evidence of any pre flood civilization is not as much as we are led to believe. And when they are, dating methods are estimated and vary very widely.
:)
If you want to believe people lived for hundreds of years, do that. It still does not change the fact that by Bible chronology, the flood occurred at or around 2348 BC, the same time period civilizations were thriving without interruption.

I'd like for you to show me just one record from these civilizations that speak of a flood event occurring 2348 BC that interrupted their way of life and was followed by a rebuilding because of flood damage.

I'll be here checking....

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#220 Sep 24, 2013
MarcelB wrote:
Nice posts Arkham Bravo....!
Thanks. As I say to all people I engage on this topic, if you want to follow the path of Jesus and make it a way of life, that is being a Christian. Being a Christian does not mean having to believe old Jewish folk tales.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#221 Sep 24, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was interesting!
Again, what breed did you raise? Were they for show? For sale? Why are you avoiding these questions asked out of curiosity? Could it be that you didn't breed horses as you claimed? Could that possibly be the case?
And your point is? "Can" cause problems? You've been pressing as if they "will" cause problems. We eased the animals to the grass as the grass was new. Still kept them on the feed mixes until they eased into it. We NEVER had a problem.
I never said "will" but pointed out that for animals that have been on poor rations and then allowed out on rich grass (which is what YOU claimed would be rapidly growing right after the Flood) there could very likely be problems.

YOU initially stated that I was claiming the grass was "poisonous" (which I NEVER said or even implied) and then you went into your claimed "protocol" for ensuring that grass colic or founder wouldn't happen with "your" claimed horses.

That was my POINT, in case you missed it, namely, that animals supposedly on an Ark for over a year, either in hibernation (as you posited) or on poor rations would very likely have problems if they were simply let loose to gorge on all that rapidly growing (as you claimed) grass.

Now you are supporting EXACTLY what I said, but you are also twisting what I said in order to try to make me look bad. Why are you doing that? Why can't you just simply say that you agree with my comment? Is that SO difficult for you to do? Is it even MORE difficult for you to admit that you AGREE with what I said without trying to twist it than it is for you to apologize to an "apostate" whom you seem to dislike intensely for some reason for attacking her unprovoked and accusing her of things she never said or did?
Remember that wild animals are living off their fat stores and whatever "less appetizing rations" they can find too. And continue to do so for less and less as the new grass comes up and mature as does their consumption.
God is in control.
:)
Animals that had never hibernated would NOT have "fat stores" and even those animals that normally hibernate do NOT have sufficient "fat stores" to last for over a year.

Please don't continue to resort to the "goddidit" argument. You do that every time you are shown to be wrong.
Oh? You got something mixed somewhere where I said that it would be silly for God to preserve the animals through the flood only to have them die on fresh grass.
:)
No, I got nothing mixed up. You admit that it would be foolish for God to carry out almost every aspect of the Flood...and it would...and, the Flood did not happen, so the point is moot, is it not?

You CANNOT support ANYTHING about the Flood without invoking magic, and, logically, if God had to magically do EVERYTHING just to wipe out "evil" people (or just the Nephilim as has been claimed) then he could easily have used that same magic to simply eliminate the ones he didn't want around rather than going through all the trouble to change every natural law that he originally put in place and then erase all traces of what he did.

Logically, the Flood is simply a metaphor, or possibly the writer's attempt to explain a devastating local flood that occurred.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#222 Sep 24, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
You engaged me, remember?
LOL
While you are licking your non-existent wounds, let me tell you an observation of my own:
A number of the Opposition have told and accused me of many varied things that are MUCH WORSE. Continues to this day. Unfounded, of course, but it doesn't stop them. Sometimes I ask for an apology when they couldn't offer proof. I never received any; even on some occasions when it was I that cleared the misunderstanding rather than they verifying the matter.
So, I move on.
Am I vengeful, bitter, harp on it incessantly, or pontificate grand blanket statements blaming an entire group of people because of it? Of course not!
:)
I made a comment. YOU attacked me and accused me of all sorts of things. I'm certainly not "licking my wounds" but I DO find it odd that someone who CLAIMS to be a "true Christian" and who CLAIMS that it was "merely" mistaken identity cannot offer a simple apology.

I apologized to YOU, for teasing you about your "vegetarian" comment, but even with that you starting twisting my comments and refused to even acknowledge my apology. So much for your "true Christian" personality, right?

Where did I ever blame an entire group of people for YOUR comment? You say that you apologize all the time...but you refuse to do so. Why? As long as you continue to twist what I say and lie, I will continue to ask YOU to begin to act like the "true Christian" you claim to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why the NWT is the best ever! 8 min dlmacoop 680
Let's try this again, 144,000 ONLY? No jw has b... 17 min Jparkh81 860
THANK YOU, churchoids, antichrists, apostates! 1 hr pcloadletter 486
2013 Memorial attendance for U.S. (Jul '13) 1 hr pcloadletter 563
Real JW's for your good should leave this forum! 2 hr dlmacoop 459
Hey JW Subliminal Artist!! YOU are done! 2 hr wow 222
just wondering 3 hr red blood relative 3
Trinity...why does it matter?! 8 hr Barmsweb 902
New Today music thread 14 hr GreatSouthbay4040 1,682
More from around the web