Exposing Don Cameron--Captive of Misconcepts

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of663
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

56

38

19

Don Cameron is a sly one with only one agenda: To lead unwary ones away from God's organization. He has written a book entitled, Captives of a Concept to aid in furthering his agenda. But the truth is that Don Cameron has written a book based on a faulty premise and an examination of what he has written will in reality show from his own writings that he is really a captive of his own misconcepts.
Don Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>(3/16/08)
Today's Watchtower Study article begins on page 24 with the Governing Body's interpretation of the most important Scripture in their theology. This is where their claimed divinely appointed authority comes from:

"When Christ inspected the (Society) in 1918, he found those anointed ones on earth to be faithful in providing spiritual 'food at the proper time.' Hence, Jesus was PLEASED thereafter to APPOINT THEM OVER ALL HIS BELONGINGS.-(Read Matthew 24:45-47.)
Right from the outset Don Cameron perpetrates a misleading falsehood. He is in error. The scripture at Matt 24:45-47 is NOT the most important teaching in JWs' theology. You might recognize this claim as a page right out of the book of the Danny Haszard himself, whose erie obsession of attempting to discredit JWs has no bounds as he continuosly copies and pastes this same claim over and over again.

But the Nov 1, 1993 WT clearly shows them to be in error. Here it states:

"Ask yourself: Why would the Bible only “imply” its most important teaching—who God is? The Bible is clear on other basic teachings; why not on this, the most important one?"

Yes the most important teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses is self explanatory since it is contained in the very name of the organization. The most important teaching being: Who is God?

The fact is that whether or not the faithful and discreet slave found among Jehovah's Witnesses was appointed 'over all his belongings' or not really has no bearing on the authority of God's organization or the faithful and discreet slave. We will prove this beyond a doubt and show that Don Cameron has faulty reasoning indeed and that his book does not belong in anyone's theocratic library but rather in the garbage can right next to the used toilet paper.
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

14

13

9

Don Cameron wrote:
QUESTION: If Jesus did inspect what they had been teaching down till that time, would he have been "pleased" with the Society?

The only way to even have a chance of knowing the answer to that question is to MAKE THE SAME EXAMINATION THEY SAY JESUS MADE.

The one mistake all Jehovah's Witnesses have made is that THEY FAILED TO MAKE SUCH AN EXAMINATION BEFORE THEY GOT BAPTIZED. They are still making that mistake today. And all those who become Witnesses in the future will make this same mistake.

...I discovered that from about 1876 to 1918-1919 the Society had provided literally THOUSANDS of portions of WRONG spiritual food at the WRONG time that they had served literally MILLIONS of times in their literature!

If the Society did not pass Jesus' exam then they would not have received the Matthew 24:47 appointment. If they didn't receive that appointment in 1919 then they cannot be God's organization in 2008.
When Jesus inspected the religions claiming to be his temple shortly after 1914 what did he find?

Of all the major so called Christian religions of the world that were supposed to represent him he found the following:

1. They had supported and encouraged their young men to kill one another during The Great War, even praying to God for his blessings upon the troops as they slaughtered one another.

2. They had misidentified him and his Father by misrepresenting them as a paganistic Triune God.

3. They had failed to sanctify his Father's name but instead removed His name from their Bibles and viewed His name as of little importance.

4. They had dishonored him by teaching that he was a sadistic God who would eternally torment the wicked in the fires of hell or purgatory, another belief borrowed from the pagans.

5. They had failed to promote God's kingdom as the only hope for mankind instead promoting their nationalistic govenments in its place.

6. They had set up a paid clergy class that were to do the preaching thus making void Jesus' command for all his disciples to preach the good news of the kingdom.
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

8

8

4

But wait, there was one group who did not do these things. There was one group who was teaching that God's name was Jehovah and that the sanctification of His name was of utmost importance. That Jehovah was not Jesus nor a paganistic triune God and that there was no hellfire. This group did not join the nations in promoting their own governments over God's kingdom by killing their fellow man in the bloody war raging at that time, but instead preached that God's kingdom was mankind’s only hope and that it would restore paradise to the earth.

Of course they did not understand all things correctly but that was to be understood since they were trying to break free of the strongly entrenched pagan doctrines that Christendom had adopted thru the centuries.

This group also had the potential for spreading the Kingdom message throughout the earth. Already this group had made great strides in doing so.

One man in this group was Charles Taze Russell. His sermons printed in the newspaper are estimated to have had 12 million to 15 million readers in the US. One source said that he had become the most famous minister in the world at this time. His advertisement of free seats and no collection often angered the clergy because it would cause them to be questioned by their members and lose money.

The message he was bringing forth was so widespread that in 1908 his publications were the 3rd widely distributed publication only surpassed by of course the Bible and also the Chinese Almanac.

Even an enemy of C.T. Russell once declared that his writings had a "greater circulation every week than those of any other living man; a greater, doubtless, than the combined circulation of the writings of all the priests and preachers in North America..."

The voluntary distribution of religious literature in tract form grew until an annual distribution of approximately fifty million free tracts, in thirty languages, was reached, greater than that of all denominations and religious bodies in the world combined at the time.

Brother Russell's personal ministry beat all worlds records; the Pilgrim visitation likewise broke all records; so did the free tract distribution, the Photo drama, and the local ministry throughout the world.

Which group do you think Jesus would choose to do the great preaching of the good news of the kingdom that needed to be done to fulfill the prophecies? Who would you have chosen if you were Jesus? Would you choose Christendom who could not even correctly identify you and your Father, who gave no importance to your Father's name, who dishonored your Father by teaching the paganistic hellfire and purgatory and the trinity, and sanctioned the shedding of blood promoting nationalism over God's kingdom not even knowing what God's kingdom was?

Or this group that identified your Father as being Jehovah thus following your example when you said,’ I have made your name known and will make it known'. This group that showed from the Bible that Jehovah is not a triune God, and not a sadistic tormentor of souls. This group that correctly identified you as God's son who sacrificed your life as a perfect man. This group that refused to promote nationalism and kill fellow man because they were of a different race or nationality and who recognized and preached God's kingdom as the only hope? This group who had demonstrated the potential to preach the truth about God, Jesus, and God's Kingdom worldwide in fulfillment of Matthew 24:14?
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

7

5

5

So who really is the faithful and discreet slave? Where can the slave class be found?

All one has to do is ask a few simple questions: Who has been instrumental in helping us to learn the marvelous truths of the Bible about God’s name, the trinity, hellfire, paradise earth, God’s kingdom, and so on? Who is currently preaching the good news of the Kingdom throughout the earth following the example of Jesus and the first century Christians? Who has been used by Jehovah in building a worldwide and united brotherhood? Who has Jehovah used in providing us with so much spiritual food that it is difficult to even keep up with it all? When you have a Bible question, what publications do you turn to in order to find the answer?(Have you ever noticed that even apostates turn to the Insight book when wanting to find out certain facts about the Bible? Why? Because they have no better Bible source.)

It is quite apparent to all who are honest with themselves and others that the faithful and discreet slave is found only among the people known as Jehovah’s Witnesses.

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

9

6

5

Jehovah's Witnesses are often silent when asked to prove their CORE doctrine:

That JESUS HAS ALREADY HAD HIS SECOND COMING IN 1914 and is ONLY working through their organization.
1914 (from Adventist William Miller) is to a JW what Mary and/or the Trinity is to Catholics or what Joseph Smith and the golden plates are to Mormons.

1914 is the Watchtower's #1 foundation dogma and it is false.

Do a keyword web search of * Jehovah Witness Google don't lie open your eye,before you get mixed up with the Watchtower listen to all sides.

13,000 leave the Watchtower organization every month,find out why.

http://www.captivesofaconcept.com/index.php Masterpiece

http://www.pr-usa.net/index.php...

Read here:
The Jehovah's Witnesses have settled lawsuits alleging church policies protected pedophile men who sexually abused children for many years.
JW Frederick McLean is one of the most-wanted fugitives in the United States
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21917798/
Yuni Rose

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

8

6

5

Hello Third we were just talking about you earlier, no gossip its all good,sometimes I don't want 2 say anything and just sit back and watch you do your thing*have fun.
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

8

6

3

Of course here was Don Cameron's reply to the above statements:
Don Cameron wrote:
But normally ... isn’t the time to pass an examination is when is given, not decades after the exam is over? And the Governing Body (not me) says Jesus’ food-at-the-proper-time examination was over in the spring of 1919..


Thats wonderful reasoning. And it would be a great point except for one thing: It contradicts the scriptural prophecies about the refining.

Dan 12:10: "Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will certainly act wickedly, and no wicked ones at all will understand; but the ones having insight will understand."

Mal 3:2"“But who will be putting up with the day of his coming, and who will be the one standing when he appears? For he will be like the fire of a refiner and like the lye of laundrymen. 3 And he must sit as a refiner and cleanser of silver and must cleanse the sons of Le´vi; and he must clarify them like gold and like silver, and they will certainly become to Jehovah people presenting a gift offering in righteousness."

As we see the claim is often made by opposers like Don Cameron that Jehovah's Witnesses cannot be Jehovah's organization directed by His holy spirit and His son because they have in the past made interpretations, pointed to certain dates, and taught teachings that were proven to be wrong or were later corrected. Jehovah's spirit is never wrong. Jesus is never wrong. Then how can it be that Jehovah's Witnesses are directed by Jehovah and Jesus?'Impossible!' opposers say.
But would anybody make the same argument about the seven congregations that John wrote letters to in the book of Revelation? Take a look at all their problems stated in the letters:

"you have left the love you had at first....

you have there those holding fast the teaching of Ba´laam,... to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit fornication....

you, also, have those holding fast the teaching of the sect of Nic·o·la´us likewise...

you tolerate that woman Jez´e·bel,... and she teaches and misleads my slaves to commit fornication and to eat things sacrificed to idols....

I know your deeds, that you have the name that you are alive, but you are dead....

I have not found your deeds fully performed before my God....

I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or else hot. So, because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth.

you say: "I am rich and have acquired riches and do not need anything at all," but you do not know you are miserable and pitiable and poor and blind and naked, I advise you to buy from me gold refined by fire that you may become rich, and white outer garments that you may become dressed and that the shame of your nakedness may not become manifested, and eyesalve to rub in your eyes that you may see."
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

7

5

4

Can't you just see Don Cameron standing there in the first century among the seven golden lampstands saying of the Christian congregation:

"WRONG spiritual food at the WRONG time" thus they cannot be God's people.

And even as Don Cameron is speaking what happens?

Revelation 1:12 "... saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the lampstands someone like a son of man,...20 As for the sacred secret of the seven stars that you saw upon my right hand, and [of] the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars mean [the] angels of the seven congregations, and the seven lampstands mean seven congregations."

And then Don Cameron says: Jesus how can you be here walking among these people that have these wrong teachings of Nicholaus and Jezebel and Balaam?
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

6

4

4

According to the prophecy in Malachi, when Jesus came to examine the temple he would find that the temple class needed to be refined and cleansed. Notice Malachi 3:2, "For he will be like the fire of a refiner and like the lye of laundrymen. 3 And he must sit as a refiner and cleanser of silver and must cleanse the sons of Le´vi; and he must clarify them like gold and like silver, and they will certainly become to Jehovah people presenting a gift offering in righteousness."

Question: Why would God's people need to be refined and cleansed? Surely God's organization would already be teaching all truths when Jesus arrived for inspection? While that is how some may reason that reasoning is not in harmony with the Bible prophecies.

When Jesus arrived for inspection he found many flaws thus the need for refining. This is backed up by other scriptures as well. For example in Revelation, John is transferred into the 'Lord's day'(Rev 1:10) and it is during the Lord's day that he decribes the condition of the congregations in the seven letters. As the letters show, there was a need for changes in the congregation of Christ. Time and again he tells them that changes are needed and such changes need to be made before destruction comes. One example of this is Rev 3:3, "Certainly unless you wake up, I shall come as a thief, and you will not know at all at what hour I shall come upon you."

So you see, to believe that God's chosen ones would have all things right when he inspected the spiritual temple is incorrect. The Bible clearly shows that he would have a congregation of people and that congregation or organization of people would go thru a needed refining and cleansing during the Lord's day.

Just because Don Cameron thinks that God's people should have all teachings correct from the gitgo doesn't make it so. Cameron's argument is not with JWs. JWs do not believe that God's people would have all things correct when Jesus returned to his temple.

So if he wants to argue with JWs about how we had some inaccurate teachings that we have had to change, you'll get no argument. We all agree.

Cameron's argument is with Bible prophecy not with JWs.
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

6

4

3

So Opposers or critics of Jehovah's Witnesses, like Don Cameron, may feel inclined to make a long list of teachings that JWs have been wrong about or changed but what exactly have they really proven by doing this?

They have proven that the Bible is being fulfilled and that JWs are being refined and cleansed just as prophesied. And they have proven that Jesus really must be walking in the midst of Jehovah's Witnesses because of the many changes made that have brought them more in harmony with the teachings of Jesus. And they have proven that God's holy spirit really is directing his organization of Jehovah's Witnesses because they have continuously discarded Babylonish teachings and practices as directed by God's spirit. This is what we should expect from God's organization since it was prophesied that God's congregation would indeed have problems and flaws that would need correcting and that his organization would humbly submit to the necessary refining and cleansing.

In essence all the reasoning by critics and opposers about JWs having things wrong in the past are made invalid since the Bible clearly prophesied that when Jesus arrived and inspected his temple he would then refine and cleanse them because they needed to be refined and cleansed due to mistakes and wrong teachings. The seven letters to God's congregations in the Lord's day show that there would be problems that would need correcting. So digging up wrong statements by the WT fifty or a hundred years ago in hopes of discrediting JWs is really just a waste of time since the Bible prophecies are what count, not any human reasoning. Such reasoning by enemies of JWs is unscriptural. There is therefore no need to respond to past inaccurate teachings of JWs that are pointed out that have been corrected as part of the refining work done by Jesus to his organization.

Every time we see a list of the past inaccurate teachings of JWs, we can be happy that Jehovah has seen to it that those teachings and practices have been discarded and that Jehovah does indeed have an organization on earth that he is directing and refining and cleansing. Thank you all for reminding us of how Jehovah takes care of his organization by correcting them.
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

6

4

3

Diogenes made an excellent point when he said:

"If someone is looking to mine and refine gold what are the steps?

1. First you must find some gold bearing material.
This requires you to take several samples and assay them. When the results come back you will of course choose the mine that has the most gold bearing material.

2. Mine the gold.
This requires a lot of effort. One must dig, pick, shovel, and dynamite to retrieve the raw material.

3. Refine the gold.
This requires many many steps which include grinding the material, smelting the material, putting the material in solution, and then smelting again, till eventually you have .99999 percent real gold.

If you started with pure gold, then there would be no need to refine. However, the first requirement is that your raw material contains some gold to begin with."

And so where Don Cameron and chronies have made their mistake is that they failed to consider the prophecies. And in so doing they failed to see that their list of inaccuracies of JWs in days gone by, that they have indeed allowed Jehovah to correct, are only more proof that they are God's people rather than proving that they are not God's people. Not because of their mistakes and inaccurate teachings, but rather because they were willing to be corrected and refined and cleansed. NO other religion has been willing to allow God to refine them and discard the errors.
CIA

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

6

5

3

Well, you can debate what is the most important "teaching" of Jehovah's Witnesses as much as you like.

But he said the most important "scripture" in their theology and I agree with him.

For it is their interpretation of this scripture that gives them control of their flock.

And on the matter of the most important teaching, even there you have a problem. Because Jehovah didn't sacrifice himself in behalf of his wayward sinful human creatures, Jesus did. So since Jesus is the one that offered himself for man Jehovah was pleased to give him ALL authority in heaven and on earth. It IS the teaching of Jesus that Jehovah God himself had made of premier importance today. As the the scripture states, it is the bearing witness to Jesus that inspires prophesying.

So, if you are not willing to acknowledge the importance that Jehovah God has himself assigned to His Son Jesus Christ, you must take that up with him.

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

7

6

4

Problems in the Watchtower

We have a policy, the Watchtower say
That protects our children every day
Yet the cries of thousands of children are heard
From the abuse they’ve suffered in the Watchtower world
The situation may cause one to reflect
Just who the Watchtower’s policy is designed to protect
For what seems to take precedent in any situation
Is protecting the Watchtower’s reputation
This, it seems, is more worthwhile
Than the safety of an innocent child

We are no part of the world, the Watchtower said
The political rulers will soon be dead
Those who support them will have to pay
With their lives when Jehovah brings his day
Even the UN, with all its mighty power
Will be destroyed in Armageddon’s hour
Yet the Watchtower aligned itself with the UN
As an NGO, like the ones they condemn
Their association they kept concealed
And resigned when their secret was finally revealed

Come to Bethel, the Watchtower says
Work for Jehovah the rest of your days
We pay very little, but you will never regret
Coming here, as your needs will be met
So many young people heeded the call
And whatever the task, they gave it their all
They didn’t worry, for they never once thought
That their time at Bethel would ever be cut short
Now many are gone, cut off without a care
And probably wishing that they’d never gone there

Show zeal for the ministry is the Watchtower’s call
Serve Jehovah forever, give him your all
Don’t go to college, for Armageddon is so near
Make pioneering your only career
Many responded to the Society’s plea
And willingly gave of themselves for free
But as the years have passed, and Jehovah’s promised day
Has seemed to get further and further away
Although the Watchtower still makes its demands
Many of it’s followers now ignore its commands

What prevents you from getting baptised?
It’s an adult decision though, only you can decide
You may be young, but don’t leave it too late
If we teach you from birth, by the time you are eight
We’ll start to pressure you this step to take
As the Watchtower’s truth your own you make
But once baptised you must never sway
You must serve Jehovah until your dying day
For if you ever begin to show any doubt
From your friends and family we’ll cast you out

http://www.carm.org/witnesses.htm


http://www.lamblion.com/articles/doctrinal/Cu...
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Don Cameron wrote:
What about the fact Jesus would have noticed what the Society was teaching about the Trinity, hell, the condition of the dead, etc.? You have emphasized those kind of teachings several times as you feel the Society would have passed Jesus’ exam on such teachings.
But on page 622 of the “Proclaimers” book the Governing Body acknowledges that the Society was not the only religions who taught the same things the Society was teaching on such matters.
On page 622 of the Proclaimers book it acknowledges that Russell was not the only one who taught these things but it was just that he did a better job of publishing them than anyone else.
The point being that if those teachings would have passed an exam by Jesus they would have passed NO MATTER WHO WAS TEACHING THEM.
What a sly one Don Cameron is indeed. One simple question, where are those ones now teaching the truth and exposing the false doctrines such as the Trinity, hellfire, the unimportance of God's name, the Kingdom in your heart only, etc etc?

Please direct us to this faithful and discreet slave who are providing the food and conducting their worldwide preaching of this good news and all that it entails.

I posed this question for Don Cameron:

If the Trinity is false, and hellfire is false, and God's name is important and must be sanctified, and worldwide unity is a must for God's people, and nationalistic killing is condemned by God, and God's kingdom is not something in your heart but a real government that will restore earthly paradise, and Jesus did not sacrifice his life as a god/man but rather as a perfect man, then are Jehovah's Witnesses God's organization? If not then who is?

But time and time again he tried to avoid answering the question. Let me show you how he tried so hard to skirt the question and what his answer finally was.
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Don Cameron wrote:
Let me begin with my answer to your question,‘If the Society is not God’s organization, who is?’
My understanding at this point is that Jehovah is not dealing with mankind by means of an “organization.” If He has one I don’t know who it is yet. But as a result of my research I confidently feel that the Watchtower Society isn’t it.
Whereas Witnesses are able to excuse everything the Society was guilty of teaching from 1876 to 1919 because they believe that it is Jehovah’s organization, once I came to realize what the Society was guilty of teaching from 1876 to 1919 it convinced me that there is no possible way the Society could have passed that 1919 examination that they say Jesus gave them.
And therefore they would not have received the Matthew 24:47 appointment, and therefore the Society has never been or ever will be “Jehovah’s organization.”
I feel Ray Franz has some very helpful thoughts about an alternative to “God’s organization” in his “In Search of Christian Freedom.”
NEXT: Tomorrow: Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses all “speak in agreement(“unity of belief”) no matter where they live on earth?”
Don
P.S. The reason I used to excuse the Society's pre-1919 teachings was because (1) I didn't know what they were,(2)how bad they were, or (3) how many bad ones there were.
Chances are you too will be surprised if you ever allow yourself to discover all the weird things Russell and Rutherford taught from 1876 to 1919.


Don Cameron did not answer the question: If the Trinity is false, and hellfire is false, and God's name is important and must be sanctified, and worldwide unity is a must for God's people, and nationalistic killing is condemned by God, and God's kingdom is not something in your heart but a real government that will restore earthly paradise, and Jesus did not sacrifice his life as a god/man but rather as a perfect man, then are Jehovah's Witnesses God's organization?

Are you scared to answer? Afraid that it will diminish your influence toward unsuspecting weak JWs?
Yuni Rose

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Amen, you couldn't say it better than that,I love being a witness, Jehovah always makes sure that we are fed at the proper time.
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

4

4

3

The dialogue continued:
Don Cameron wrote:
once I came to realize what the Society was guilty of teaching from 1876 to 1919 it convinced me that there is no possible way the Society could have passed that 1919 examination that they say Jesus gave them.
And therefore they would not have received the Matthew 24:47 appointment, and therefore the Society has never been or ever will be “Jehovah’s organization.”


Really it should be just the opposite of what Don Cameron says. He should be saying: Once I came to realize what the Society taught from 1876 to 1919 and they made corrections of those inaccurate teachings, I was convinced even more so that they were God's organization. That is what the prophecies say.

So basically what you are saying is you disagree with Bible prophecy that God's people will need a refining and cleansing in the time of the end. And you disagree with John and what he wrote in Revelation concerning the congregations of God in the Lord's day and how they would need to make some corrections.

But I must tell you that if the inaccuracies taught from 1876 to 1919 were not corrected then you would indeed have a point. I think you will find that those people still exist today. They are called Russellites.

So the unanswered question is:

If the Trinity is false, and hellfire is false, and God's name is important and must be sanctified, and worldwide unity is a must for God's people, and nationalistic killing is condemned by God, and God's kingdom is not something in your heart but a real government that will restore earthly paradise, and Jesus did not sacrifice his life as a god/man but rather as a perfect man, then are Jehovah's Witnesses God's organization?

Is Don Cameron afraid to answer?
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Don Cameron wrote:
Chances are you too will be surprised if you ever allow yourself to discover all the weird things Russell and Rutherford taught from 1876 to 1919.
My reply: I have known the 'weird' teachings for years. So have most JWs. Its in the publications and not hidden from us therefore we are not surprised. Rather we expect it because we know the prophecies foretold a cleansing and refining. If all things were correct from the gitgo then why a need for cleansing and refining?

The bottom line is the reasoning of Don Cameron contradicts the prophecies. The reasoning is therefore bogus and has no merit.

It is merely a ploy from a disgruntled JW to mislead the unwary. And Don Cameron will continue to fail to address the prophecies just as Propmin and others who make a list of inaccurate JW teachings from the past have done. The reason being, they have no valid answer as to how the prophecies coincide with their bogus reasoning.

And they have no answer to the fact that JWs are the only ones preaching the truth about Jehovah, Jesus, and the Kingdom in worldwide unity. Their only alternative is to return to the false pagan teachings of false religion. But they will try to hide that because when they admit that their influence over the weak is diminished greatly. Thats why Don Cameron does not want to address the question....
Yuni Rose

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Excuse me C person no one is controlling anybody,I am an adult and I serve Jehovah willingly.
thirdwitness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 13, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Don Cameron then started a post entitled,
A Question For Topsy, in hopes that he was an unwary one who could catch him in his web of deceit.
Don Cameron wrote:
Here once again is the Governing Body’s most recent explanation of Matthew 24:45-47:
“When Christ inspected the 'slave' in 1918, he found those anointed ones on earth to be faithful in providing spiritual 'food at the proper time.' Hence, Jesus, the Master, was pleased thereafter to appoint them 'over all his belongings.'(Read Matthew 24:45-47.)" – January 15, 2008 Watchtower, p. 24
Would you be able to agree that according to this interpretation the only way the Society could be Jehovah’s organization today is if they had received the above appointment in 1918-1919?
Or in other words, without that appointment AT THAT TIME the Society would not be Jehovah’s organization AT THIS TIME?
My reply:
Don Cameron apparently has not realized what he has just asked. Within his quotes and question is the answer. And apparently he never learned what JWs teach about the FDS.

They were not appointed at that time to be God's organization. You see the FDS was appointed way back in the first century. And the anointed ones providing the food at the proper time was the faithful and discreet slave. And so the quote: "When Christ inspected the 'slave' in 1918, he found those ANOINTED ONES on earth to be faithful in providing spiritual 'food at the proper time.' Hence, Jesus, the Master, was pleased thereafter to appoint them 'over all his belongings.'"

There was no appointment of the FDS in 1918. The FDS were already appointed. And the Bible Students later called JWs proved that they were those anointed ones, the FDS. How? By providing the food at the proper time.

How was that the proper time? Because Bible truths had been clouded by the great apostasy in Christendom. The Trinity, hellfire, God's Kingdom being merely in your heart, the sacrifice of Jesus as a god/man, the removal of God's name from the Bible and lowering it to of no importance, a paid clergy class, all these teachings needed to be exposed as false. It was the needed food at the time and JWs did just that proving that they were the FDS.

Then came the appointment of all the earthly belongings because they were, sure enough, providing the food at the proper time. Which means nothing more than that they were appointed over the increase that they themselves were contributing to by the preaching and exposing of the basic false doctrines of Christendom.

All the earthly belongings that the slave has been appointed over are those same belongings that the slave increased for the master by being faithful to his appointment to preach the good news and to feed the body of servants or domestics. The faithful slave is merely following the example of the early Christian congregation in faithfully carrying out the preaching of the good news. The result of which has been an increase in the master's belongings and more responsibility is thus given to the faithful and discreet slave because of this increase.

Yes, the slave is in charge of all those earthly belongings of the master because he has proven himself faithful in taking care of and increasing the master's belongings in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of663
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••