Ambient abuse & Jehovah's Witnesses

Ambient abuse & Jehovah's Witnesses

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#1 Nov 11, 2013
Ambient abuse is the stealth, subtle, underground currents of maltreatment that sometimes go unnoticed even by the victims themselves, until it is too late. Ambient abuse penetrates and permeates everything – but is difficult to pinpoint and identify. It is ambiguous, atmospheric, diffuse. Hence its insidious and pernicious effects. It is by far the most dangerous kind of abuse there is.

It is the outcome of fear – fear of violence, fear of the unknown, fear of the unpredictable, the capricious, and the arbitrary. It is perpetrated by dropping subtle hints, by disorienting, by constant – and unnecessary – lying, by persistent doubting and demeaning, and by inspiring an air of unmitigated gloom and doom.

Ambient abuse, therefore, is the fostering, propagation, and enhancement of an atmosphere of fear, intimidation, instability, unpredictability and irritation. There are no acts of traceable explicit abuse, nor any manipulative settings of control. Yet, the irksome feeling remains, a disagreeable foreboding, a premonition, a bad omen.

In the long term, such an environment erodes the victim's sense of self-worth and self-esteem. Self-confidence is shaken badly. Often, the victim adopts a paranoid or schizoid stance and thus renders himself or herself exposed even more to criticism and judgment. The roles are thus reversed: the victim is considered mentally deranged and the abuser – the suffering soul.
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#2 Nov 11, 2013
How many times were you really afraid of something when you were a Jehovah's Witness because you had read something detrimental about it in a Watchtower publication?
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#3 Nov 12, 2013
God knows all this ...and what does it say

Its our FAITH that conquers the world

So whinging and whining never helped anyone...but FAITH it conquers the world.

So exercising faith in Jesus Christ comes the promise of everlasting life..

As Jesus says he has come to give us life and give it in abundance...

So finish with mumbling and grumbling and change it for praises to god..

Whoever has the son has this life.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4 Nov 12, 2013
"The righteous one is knowing the legal claim of the lowly ones. He that is wicked does not consider such knowledge." -(Prov29:7)

"The righteous understands the cause of the poor, but the wicked is unconcerned."

Prov 8:13 The fear of Jehovah detests all injustice, as well as insolence and pride, and ways that are leading to evil… He hates the perversions of men who are bad.
Tao itness

United States

#5 Nov 12, 2013
The Watchtower has been nothing but spiritual rapists towards its followers.They supplant the intimate relationship we are to have with our Creator where our spirits bear witness with one another and be calm their consciences, their direction that should only be through the Holy Spirit, it is okay to teach, to guide, Direct even to suggest, but the witnesses look to their leaders as their conscience, as the direction from God himself. This is something that turns and so plants the intimate relationship we are to have with our loving Heavenly Father and our brother Christ Jesus. It is nothing but a satanic trap, wolves in sheep's clothing!
Jesus condemned the religious leaders of his day for teaching their opinions as doctrine, causing them to dishonor their parents through the law on Corbin. How much more so a religion that has changed its mind on directives that have caused the rape, torture, imprisonment, death and murder of its followers! How anyone can think God spirit is directing these men is an affront to God himself!
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#6 Nov 12, 2013
little lamb wrote:
God knows all this ...and what does it say
Its our FAITH that conquers the world
So whinging and whining never helped anyone...but FAITH it conquers the world.
So exercising faith in Jesus Christ comes the promise of everlasting life..
As Jesus says he has come to give us life and give it in abundance...
So finish with mumbling and grumbling and change it for praises to god..
Whoever has the son has this life.
What does that have to do with the spiritual, emotional and mental abuse that Jehovah's Witnesses suffer at the hands of their spiritual leaders?

If the evil deeds done by the Watchtower Society are not exposed, many more innocent people will get deceived into joining the Jehovah's Witness cult.

When the evil in cults are exposed for all to see, the opportunity for cultists to entice people into them is hampered.

It is unthinkable and unforgivable for the informed not to inform others of the spiritual dangers that await those who are in the process of being deceived into joining an abusive cult.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#7 Nov 13, 2013
Jesus has warned every Christian

that stumbling blocks must of necessity come, but woe to the one it comes through.'

Every christian is tempted by their own desires , and when the desire becomes fertile it gives place to sin.

Its Jesus commandments and our obedience to him, that keeps us in his hands and no one can snatch us from him...for we know we are only doing what he says ..that is causing the friction with others.

there is no excuse for people in being taken captive to any sects...except their own desire for belonging and being accepted has taken precedence to God.

Look at you left the watchtower and now in the Baptist religion..back into Babylon the Great.
Orlando De Escriber

Bloomingburg, NY

#8 Nov 13, 2013
You're easily swayed by your emotions today, and there may even be times when you abandon rationality and follow your heart instead. Even so, it seems that you'll have to be very clever about knowing what you can say and what is better left unsaid at the moment. You shouldn't stay completely silent but you're in danger of saying too much.
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#9 Nov 13, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Jesus has warned every Christian
that stumbling blocks must of necessity come, but woe to the one it comes through.'
Every christian is tempted by their own desires , and when the desire becomes fertile it gives place to sin.
Its Jesus commandments and our obedience to him, that keeps us in his hands and no one can snatch us from him...for we know we are only doing what he says ..that is causing the friction with others.
there is no excuse for people in being taken captive to any sects...except their own desire for belonging and being accepted has taken precedence to God.
Look at you left the watchtower and now in the Baptist religion..back into Babylon the Great.
I am not in any religion.

I am in Jesus and He is in me (Romans 8:1-11; 1 John 4:4).

Confess your sins to Him before it is too late.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#10 Nov 13, 2013
UNchained wrote:
How many times were you really afraid of something when you were a Jehovah's Witness because you had read something detrimental about it in a Watchtower publication?
This so very definitely defines the JW experience. If a JW doesn't do this, or this, or this, Jehovah will be displeased with them and their life, along with the lives of their children, are at risk.
Dr SOS

White Plains, NY

#11 Nov 13, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not in any religion.
I am in Jesus and He is in me (Romans 8:1-11; 1 John 4:4).
Confess your sins to Him before it is too late.
Oh SHUT UP BOOB,

IF JESUS WAS IN YOU THEN WHY DID YOU GET CANCER?
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#12 Nov 13, 2013
Dr SOS wrote:
<quoted text>Oh SHUT UP BOOB,
IF JESUS WAS IN YOU THEN WHY DID YOU GET CANCER?
For the same reason a lot of my friends and family got it.
Dr SOS

White Plains, NY

#13 Nov 13, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason a lot of my friends and family got it.
I didn't mean THAT TO BE RUDE BOOB,

IT'S JUST THAT IF ONE CAN GET CANCER AND HAVE JESUS IN THEM THEN..........

..........
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#14 Nov 14, 2013
Dr SOS wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't mean THAT TO BE RUDE BOOB,
IT'S JUST THAT IF ONE CAN GET CANCER AND HAVE JESUS IN THEM THEN..........
..........
Are you saying that something is wrong with Jesus?

How do you feel about Jesus?

Do you think that something was wrong with Him?

After all, didn't Jesus die when he was 33 years old?

I have already outlived His life here on earth by 27 years and I may live another 27 years for all i know.

Are you implying something about Jesus that the board should know about?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Put that in your big head: You can't understand... 4 min array 3
Shouldn't governing body nember Jackson be disf... 7 min array 134
Did you really buy in the 1914 doctrine? 20 min red blood relative 181
Youthful Libido and the New System 28 min Newtonian 124
wt lies about the cross 34 min red blood relative 715
Apostates 39 min sidgi 38
Are the governing body saved? 39 min The Real Karen 916
JW & Hospice 1 hr Caciques a liar 77
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 7 hr ihveit 26,566
More from around the web