Animal lovers.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#73 Feb 2, 2013
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you use him to get at me!!!
Hey, if it works, so much the better. Have you ever seen kitty tears? Very, very sad they are.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#74 Feb 2, 2013
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, if it works, so much the better. Have you ever seen kitty tears? Very, very sad they are.
Hope you can live with yourself. Hey you should go read the Topix malicioius posters thread, FHLibeler, Topsbeats, and the harem are going strong.

“Psalms 47:1-9”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75 Feb 2, 2013
NorthPeace wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Nomi. I took a video of two cats I had when they were kittens...they were about six months old when I took this. Have this old flat top that I had taken the strings off to do some work on...anyway, these two cats from the same litter - brother and sister - just had to investigate, of course...so I YouTubed it
...the male is the black one, his sister is the tuxedo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6nDveDGrWmAXX
NorthPeace
Too cute! They are literaly into country music!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#76 Feb 2, 2013

Since: Mar 09

United States

#77 Feb 2, 2013
Nope, she jumped on the sink, then got to the top. I think most animals have a certain defree of intelligence. Some maybe more than others.
apple wrote:
<quoted text>
isit your son put the cat up or else it can't jump that high.
hamsters are smart too, my previous hamster whenever i bid bye bye before going out, it will come out and tapped it's hands on the cage.
when i called my parrot fish,it will swim to the front and pressed it's lip. very cute animals, just they can't communicate.
Spike

Plainfield, NJ

#78 Feb 2, 2013
Nomi wrote:
Nope, she jumped on the sink, then got to the top. I think most animals have a certain defree of intelligence. Some maybe more than others.
<quoted text>
fuckyou numi.

United States

#79 Feb 2, 2013
Thats so cute. Cats didn't get that "Curiosity killed the cat" for nothing. They do all sorts of surprising things.
NorthPeace wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Nomi. I took a video of two cats I had when they were kittens...they were about six months old when I took this. Have this old flat top that I had taken the strings off to do some work on...anyway, these two cats from the same litter - brother and sister - just had to investigate, of course...so I YouTubed it
NorthPeace

“New one man.”

Location hidden

#81 Feb 2, 2013
Cat walks outside, steps in something curls up his paw and looks at it,
Disgusted he says 'damn dogs, why can't they bury it like civilized animals do?'

United States

#82 Feb 2, 2013
Just adorable. Tooo cute.
NorthPeace wrote:
<quoted text>
NorthPeace

Location hidden

#84 Feb 2, 2013
I so enjoy kittens. I have 2 that are brother and sister and 6 months old, maybe almost 7. And they run and jump and play like crazy! Most active kittens I ever had. Only I may get them declawed or whatever option the vet can give me. I am tired of them running up the curtains to the top.
Or me sitting here leaning forward trying to read the screen and have one jump onto my back claws and all. I have never wanted claws fixed before but these 2 are making rethink that. I heard they have caps they can put on but it is like taking the cats to get a manicure all the time.

“New one man.”

Location hidden

#85 Feb 2, 2013
Old Lady Pam wrote:
I so enjoy kittens. I have 2 that are brother and sister and 6 months old, maybe almost 7. And they run and jump and play like crazy! Most active kittens I ever had. Only I may get them declawed or whatever option the vet can give me. I am tired of them running up the curtains to the top.
Or me sitting here leaning forward trying to read the screen and have one jump onto my back claws and all. I have never wanted claws fixed before but these 2 are making rethink that. I heard they have caps they can put on but it is like taking the cats to get a manicure all the time.
We actually clipped the pointies off a cat once, starting when she was little and she never minded it.

Location hidden

#86 Feb 2, 2013
Well, these guys are almost full grown. Not quite but getting there. My son says they do a laser thing and only take off the claws and it's root bed not the old fashioned chopping the first knuckles off. If it was that I will not do it. I will take the curtains down and put up blinds.

RI

#87 Feb 2, 2013
Old Lady Pam wrote:
Please don't declaw them. The operation does not just remove claws, but cuts their toes off at the first joint. Many cats that have been declawed become biters or start to have litterbox issues simply because the litter hurts their feet.

Maybe you could get them a tall cat condo so they could climb on something that is theirs?

Location hidden

#88 Feb 2, 2013
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't declaw them. The operation does not just remove claws, but cuts their toes off at the first joint. Many cats that have been declawed become biters or start to have litterbox issues simply because the litter hurts their feet.
Maybe you could get them a tall cat condo so they could climb on something that is theirs?
no no, that is what I just said! I would nevwer let that happen. My grand kitties had the laser operation and they still have their toes, all of them!
the only thing removed was the claws and the nail bed that grows them!
But he had it done at some fancy cat hospital in Costa Mesa.
I do not know if they do that here. I would take them down there if I have to. But I can't take their claws much more.
None of my cats have ever been like these 2.
they are fun and playful, but destructive as all get out!
My cutains in the dining room are ruined already!
Snags everywhere.
And you ought to see me! My arms are full of little scars from their play.
At least they don;t bite.
But even now they are running as fast as they can playing hide and go seek!

Location hidden

#89 Feb 2, 2013
RHW, they have 3 tall condos already.
they also have shelves that FRank put in special for them the other day to they can climb up. But they like to run up the curtains, jump on the macaws cages and then to the table.
And there is shredding happening on my computer chair!
apple

Singapore, Singapore

#90 Feb 2, 2013
i came across a boy grow up with a python, sleeps together, wa damn so scary, what happens if one day the python eat up the boy?

“New one man.”

Location hidden

#91 Feb 3, 2013
Not to garner attention or start a conspiracy theory, but, my kitty Guido died. He had heart failure. What is a cat doing with heart failure. Then I found out that his mom died a month ago, they didn't tell me til I told them about Guido.
Apparently one of her other kittens inherited it too.
Im having Violet checked tomorrow.

RI

#92 Feb 3, 2013
MixedMedia wrote:
Not to garner attention or start a conspiracy theory, but, my kitty Guido died. He had heart failure. What is a cat doing with heart failure. Then I found out that his mom died a month ago, they didn't tell me til I told them about Guido.
Apparently one of her other kittens inherited it too.
Im having Violet checked tomorrow.
I tamed and adopted a feral cat that also had heart problems. I didn't realize that they could. He was big and supposedly healthy until he had a heart attack one evening and died within minutes.

Hopefully, Violet will be okay. I think that if you discover the problem early, they might be able to treat it.

RI

#93 Feb 3, 2013
Old Lady Pam wrote:
RHW, they have 3 tall condos already.
they also have shelves that FRank put in special for them the other day to they can climb up. But they like to run up the curtains, jump on the macaws cages and then to the table.
And there is shredding happening on my computer chair!
I kind of got used to the inevitable shredding. After I found out about the problems they could have and how painful it often is for them, I vowed never to declaw a cat.

I adopted one that had already been declawed (a beautiful Himalayan) and he refused to use a litter box because of the pain in his feet from the declawing. The only thing that helped him was to line the box with newspaper and change it every day. He simply could not tolerate litter.
Spunky

Houston, TX

#94 Feb 3, 2013
SOS wrote:
And no I am not being nasty.
Who loves cats (besides nomi)
I like cats, but I don't like my pet parakeet. It's very LOUD and it won't let you hold it without biting you.

My cat likes it though. He always watches the cage.

Do you think it would be cruelty to animals if I let my cat have it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHURCHianity: Jesus Pretended to Die for you! 46 min Anonymous Brother 101
Scriptures that PROVE the 'Holy Trinity'! 52 min Anonymous Brother 528
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 2 hr PrufSammy 24,314
My offer to study the Bible with anyone on this... 2 hr sieg heil 276
Are we perhaps not living in the Last Days? 3 hr PrufSammy 95
new discoveries (Jun '15) 3 hr FutureMan 86
"What Happens at a Bible Study?" 3 hr PrufSammy 603
News 'Remain Loyal!' theme of Jehovah's Witnesses co... 3 hr PrufSammy 765
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 4 hr joe 2,923
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 10 hr rsss1 8,867