should you partake of the emblems?
First Prev
of 99
Next Last
angelsilv

United States

#2066 Apr 8, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
Jesus said that taking the emblems was for those in the New Covenant - destined to rule with him in heaven. So the beneficiaries of the New Covenant should not take the emblems.
Therefore if your calling is to live in heaven then you should take the emblems.
If, however you want to live forever in paradise on earth then you should not take the emblems.
Listen to God and Live Forever
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/ll_E...
What Does the Bible Really Teach?
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/bh_E...
The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/gt_E...
Hello Aneirin
Are the emblems the unleaven bread that is represented as Jesus's body in the Lord's Supper?
If so, do those that participate in the memorial, or believe in the significance of the memorial for that matter, also partake of the wine or as some suggest, grape juice being the fruit of the vine? Wouldn't partaking, eating (drinking) of the wine, which symbolizes Jesus' blood be contrary to a cornerstone witness belief that blood should not be eaten (drinking) if blood transfusions also symbolize eating (drinking) blood.

“KeepProclaiming Christ Death ”

Since: Dec 09

Lynchburg, VA

#2067 Apr 12, 2013
John 6: 32-58

32. "Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven."

33. "For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

34.“Sir,” they said,“always give us this bread.”

35. "Then Jesus declared,“I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

36. "But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe."

37. "All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away."

38. "For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me."

39. "And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day."

40. "For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day."

41. "At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said,“I am the bread that came down from heaven.”

42. "They said,“Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say,‘I came down from heaven’?”

43.“Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered."

44.“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day."

45. "It is written in the Prophets:‘They will all be taught by God.’d Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me."

46. "No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father."

47. "Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life."

48. "I am the bread of life."

49. "Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died."

50. "But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die."

51. "I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

52. "Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves,“How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”

53. "Jesus said to them,“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."

54. "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day."

55. "For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink."

56. "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them."

57. "Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me."

58. "This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever."
Rocko Polo

Harrisburg, PA

#2068 Apr 12, 2013
AngelFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I hope you are right about some rapture like scenario. Seeing lots of people suddenly disappearing or rising to heaven will be a sight to see. That should be relatively convincing to the others left behind. Too bad it will be too late.
Sounds cruel to convince and then reject the convinced.
The Christian community

United States

#2070 May 25, 2013
144000 (Jewish believing "men") will be used in and around Israel, by God, during part of the great tribulation. Is it any wonder why He would need to use "Jewish 'men' to win Jews?" Its going to be hard enough as it to win them to Christ!' A Jew is going to be more likely to listen to a Jew than a "Gentile." 'Giving them one last chance shows His love for them.(Jn.17:17-'23'.' Him doing this is fulfilling bible prophecy, how he has and will always love them. And yes, He did abandon them,'but for only a while, so the Gentiles would eventually be able to be brought into the family of God. Thus becoming as equals with their believing Jewish brothers in the Christian Church (Romans 3:22. 23-28, Romans 10:4).

'Unlike Watchtower 'book' studies,who tricked us into thinking God wanted a wedge,' to be driven in the congregation, God wants His spirit and the spirit of His Son to be in each believer. For instance, did Paul get his numbers all messed up somehow -Galatians 4:19? The deceitful uninspired spirits behind the WT would have innocent not to partake because the Holy Spirit of Jesus in not in 99.99% of Jehovah Witnesses...Jehovah Witness: "Have you failed the test?"
2 Corinthians 13:5.
The Christian community

United States

#2071 May 25, 2013
JW, read John 17:170"20"- 23. It gives you the reason 'why,' one is not in ('union with') Him and the Father. Colossians 1:27, 27 gives the Watchtower it's 'biblical' answer as to how many men and woman 'Jehovah' would like the Spirit of his Son to be 'in,'('union with'). Only those who are not "in" (union with them) are in condemnation,('part of the walking dead)!(A side note: The phrase "in ('union with') is not found in any Greek manuscript. It was deceitfully inserted to cause WT new proselytes to 'misunderstanding of the true meaning of the relationship that Jesus wants with each of us. It means more that just being in 'union with.' Try reading these passages as they are in a New King James or there Bible to appreciat the difference.

JW: Please read Romans 8:1 and then ask yourself: "Am I in Jesus Christ?"

Romans 8:9-14 is, applying to each believer.' 1 John 1:3:7, 24, ; 4:4, 12, 13, 15, ; '13,' 20.
JW,'Many of us in here were able to break away from the web of the WT. In doing so, the Christian community will always be here to help you do the same.

The Watchtower elders cannot continue to disregard these many passages simply because they refuse to deal with them. They have shamelessly hidden the sacred secret - Colossians 1:27, 28.

Early on the WT lured innocent minds into believing their made up false interpretation of Jn.10:16. Believing that deceitful lie, no wonder we fell for the rest of their falsehoods. 10:16 was only referring to how God was going to allow even us (Gentiles) to have everlasting life.(That is good news indeed!) It had nothing whatsoever to do with some Christians not going to heaven and some Christians going to, heaven.

Leaving any cult for serious false teaching or false prophecy is not synonymous with leaving Jesus Christ.

They even stooped so low as to try and scare us into thinking that at some point in time the devil "overcame" the Church! Thus making a liar of Jesus at Matth. 16:18! The WT even stoops lower by telling us not to believe the blessed Holy Spirit's promise to us at Ephesians 3:21! After finding those passages more 'red flags continued to 'pop up.' If we can't believe those two passages then how can we cling to other promises made to us???...(Forgive me for running down those little rabbet trails like that).

We all know John 1:12, ; 3:16, ;17:17-''20,"- 23, and "10:16" was referring to the beginning of this time period,(mentioned in the top paragraph) It, Jeremiah 31:31-34, would start it all off at Pentecost. Him 'pouring out His Holy Spirit, anointing all people with His Holy spirit,(on those who put faith in Jesus Christ)-- Acts 2:37-39. This was not a Watchtower twisted false prophecy about only 144000, watchtower followers, being filled with the Holy Spirit. Whenever their 'book' study enthusiast try to tell you Only 144000 should partake because only they are sanctified,('cleansed'), and therefore only they, are in the New Covenant,('New Testament,('New Covenant) believers. This again shows God's love that he has for his chosen people, His one last attempt to get as many Jews to receive His 'redeemer.' Only through the redeemer, could anyone be reconciled from a once 'lost state,' to a position into the family of God. This would make them justified as righteous,(at peace with God,-Romans 5:1, 9.(Right with God). Each one,(through their repentance) being washed clean,(sanctified) by the blood of the redeemer.
The Christian community

United States

#2072 May 25, 2013
Unlike the Watchtower's reluctance to admit that each believer in the congregation id sanctified,

They purposefully insertedtheir nwt bible with the erroneous word 'time,' as in all ('time'), mentioned in Hebrews 10:10)Doing this to draw attention 'away' from the main point Paul was making there...(The Greek ends the sentence with the Greek word 'time.' It does not end with their soiled devious word 'time.' They did the same in Hebrews 7:27. Even there we see that even the high priest was sanctified himself...Notice how many people in the family of God there were being cleansed?' Paul taught tat each believer is sanctified, not just 144000!- Acts 20:32, ; 26:18.
Watchtower theology is not well thought out.

It's so hard to open a "closed" mind.
The Christian community

United States

#2073 May 25, 2013
Unlike the Watchtower's reluctance to admit that each believer in the congregation id sanctified,

Sorry but I ment to say the Greek (in Hebrews 10:10)ends with the word 'all,' not all 'time.'

They purposefully insertedtheir nwt bible with the erroneous word 'time,' as in all ('time'), mentioned in Hebrews 10:10)Doing this to draw attention 'away' from the main point Paul was making there...(The Greek ends the sentence with the Greek word 'ALL.' It does not end with their soiled devious word 'time.' They did the same in Hebrews 7:27. Even there we see that even the high priest was sanctified himself...Notice how many people in the family of God there were being cleansed?' Paul taught tat each believer is sanctified, not just 144000!- Acts 20:32, ; 26:18.
Watchtower theology is not well thought out.

It's so hard to open a "closed" mind. rry, I ment to say was
red blood relative

United States

#2074 May 26, 2013
i'm still waiting to hear how jws manage to get a white robe on, washed in the blood of the lamb, taken from every tribe tongue people and nation, handling the priestly duties before the throne of god, ...all by publicly refusing the bread and the wine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 99
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 4 min JohnnyTrunk 27,119
"Other sheep" - Led by God's Spirit? 16 min rsss1 1,285
The Twinity Dogma- the Most Ridiculous Dogma of... (Mar '15) 19 min ihveit 2,093
Cults 28 min Erran 102
The Truth about JW's and 1975....... 31 min sidgi 16
wt lies about the cross 34 min rsss1 2,053
Why do few JW keep pets? (May '15) 39 min Nomi 25
Why is there no such place as hell? 51 min rsss1 142
Jehovah's Witness and a Christian 1 hr rsss1 150
More from around the web