#2 Feb 11, 2013
red blood relative wrote:
what should you do?
Eat and drink.
little lamb

Australia

#3 Feb 11, 2013
Its a commandment of Jesus.

People should be aware they need to DISCERN the BODY of Christ..

And if they don't , they need to accept the discipline of Jehovah

For all who Jehovah loves he disciplines.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 11, 2013
Jesus said that taking the emblems was for those in the New Covenant - destined to rule with him in heaven. So the beneficiaries of the New Covenant should not take the emblems.

Therefore if your calling is to live in heaven then you should take the emblems.

If, however you want to live forever in paradise on earth then you should not take the emblems.

Listen to God and Live Forever
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/ll_E...

What Does the Bible Really Teach?
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/bh_E...

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/gt_E...

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 11, 2013
red blood relative wrote:
what should you do?
What is it? I'm just trying to understand the faith.
Pat

Rockford, IL

#6 Feb 11, 2013
The Bible does not restrict communion to only the 144,000; this is made up by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. The Lord's Supper is meant for the body of believers in the true and living God who have been redeemed by the Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him"
All Christians should take the emblems after examining ones self we then partake of the bread and wine remembering what Christ did for us .
"This do in remembrance of me", Jesus commanded (Luke 22:19). It was his wish that his followers should regularly do this until his second coming, when Jesus will share the bread and wine with them again (1 Cor. 11:26; Luke 22:16--18).
Tao itness

United States

#7 Feb 11, 2013
Awesome scriptures Pat! The fact that He will raise him up on the last day shows that Christ was talking of the general resurection. Jesus did make a special covenant with his apostles,but ALL Christians partook. JWs also fail to realise this was the replacement for the passover,actually they do acknowledge this,but fail to remember that ALL Jews partook,not just men,woman and children,but even proselytes of other nations. If the memorial the Watchtower teaches were true,only the preisthood would have partook! Anerin do you not see this? Or will you continue to be a manpleasing Watchtower parrot that disobeys youre savior? This practise of passing on Christs blood and body is a demonic ritual that slaps Yahweh and His Messiah in the face. It was instituted by an arrogant drunk that thought it was OK to communicate with'repentant' demons to learn truth beyond Gods word. Rutherford displayed no fruits of the Spirit and I beleive was used by the Devil to set up a mock Christianity to try and ensnare Christs brothers!

Since: Mar 09

United States

#8 Feb 11, 2013
A person should be absolutely sure w/o doubt they have the Heavenly Calling before partaking of the emblems.
Pat

Rockford, IL

#9 Feb 11, 2013
Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.
WHOEVER NOTICE THAT

1 Corinthians 11:29 For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself.
ANYONE NOTICE THAT
We the body of Christ need to examine ourselves before partaking if we have something in our lives that is wrong we need to confess it and get right with God on the matter before partaking .
Paul in his 1st letter to the Corinthian church passes on the tradition which he received both from the Lord Himself and from the Apostles present at the Last Supper when he writes, "I received of the Lord, that which I also delivered unto you; that the Lord Jesus (the same night in which He was betrayed) took bread and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said: TAKE, EAT, THIS IS MY BODY WHICH IS BROKEN FOR YOU, do this in remembrance of Me. In the same manner He also took the cup saying: This cup is the NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, do this as often as you drink it in remembrance of Me (1 Corinthians 11:23-25)." Then after quoting Jesus, St. Paul goes on to say in the next verse, "For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you do show the Lord's death until He comes." The church in Corinth were partaking of the emblems .The early church partook we are to as well Jesus said do it until He comes back .
Pat

Rockford, IL

#10 Feb 11, 2013
"Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood dwelleth in me and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father; so he that eateth me shall live by me."
"I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof and not die. I am the living bread, which came down from heaven. If any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever; and the bread that I will give him is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he who cometh down from heaven, and giveth life to the world." NOTICE IF ANY MAN THAT MEANS ANY MAN NOT A SELECT FEW .
What we are doing taking communion is recognizing the Body of Christ , acknowledging the death and resurrection and the new covenant we are proclaiming Christ's death that he died for our sins and that he rose again .It is a command we partake . When He said,Do this in remembrance of me, He indicated this was a ceremony that must be continued in the future.
little lamb

Australia

#11 Feb 12, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it? I'm just trying to understand the faith.
Gods word tells you " not to rely upon your own understanding but in all your ways , take notice of him and he will make your path straight."

So if you have repented and been baptized, then you will receive the free gift of the Holy Spirit."

So as A new babe in Christ all you have to do , is pray and ask Jehovah for wisdom as to what to do...He says he gives us wisdom without reproaching.

And what he did for me, was bring to my mind, is that Jesus sheep , HEAR HIS VOICE.

Do you HEAR Jesus saying 'Do this in remembrance of me"

Or do you hear him saying " Don't do this"

Only you know if you are his sheep and hear his VOICE.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
So the beneficiaries of the New Covenant should not take the emblems.
Book, chapter and verse please.

Location hidden

#13 Feb 12, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>Gods word tells you " not to rely upon your own understanding but in all your ways , take notice of him and he will make your path straight."

So if you have repented and been baptized, then you will receive the free gift of the Holy Spirit."

So as A new babe in Christ all you have to do , is pray and ask Jehovah for wisdom as to what to do...He says he gives us wisdom without reproaching.

And what he did for me, was bring to my mind, is that Jesus sheep , HEAR HIS VOICE.

Do you HEAR Jesus saying 'Do this in remembrance of me"

Or do you hear him saying " Don't do this"

Only you know if you are his sheep and hear his VOICE.
I have never heard it called "emblems". Your comment did nothing to help me with that. I did; however, figure it out by the other comments.
John Grimek

Middletown, NY

#14 Feb 12, 2013
Serious life changing advice from your Governing Body:

Most Aquarians should be feeling rather pleasant today as the Moon harmonizes with Saturn. Doing something fun in your community will be good for you, so get out and meet people. It's a sad commentary on our society when people can live next door to each other for years and never even know their neighbor's names. Sit outside and say hello to passersby.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#15 Feb 12, 2013
For a Christian to remain in union with the Christ, they must partake of the emblems. Talk about only 144,000 is inaccurate as this is a symbolic number taken from a symbolic verse.

Jesus instructed his followers "to keep doing this in remembrance of me." So to reject the bread and wine is to reject Jesus!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#16 Feb 12, 2013
Pat wrote:
The Bible does not restrict communion to only the 144,000; this is made up by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. The Lord's Supper is meant for the body of believers in the true and living God who have been redeemed by the Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him"
All Christians should take the emblems after examining ones self we then partake of the bread and wine remembering what Christ did for us .
"This do in remembrance of me", Jesus commanded (Luke 22:19). It was his wish that his followers should regularly do this until his second coming, when Jesus will share the bread and wine with them again (1 Cor. 11:26; Luke 22:16--18).
Amen Pat.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#17 Feb 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
Jesus said that taking the emblems was for those in the New Covenant - destined to rule with him in heaven. So the beneficiaries of the New Covenant should not take the emblems.
Therefore if your calling is to live in heaven then you should take the emblems.
If, however you want to live forever in paradise on earth then you should not take the emblems.
Listen to God and Live Forever
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/ll_E...
What Does the Bible Really Teach?
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/bh_E...
The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/gt_E...
1 Corinthians 10:1618
16 Is not the cup of blessing which we bless a sharing in the blood of Christ? Is not the bread which we break a sharing in the body of Christ?
17 Since there is one bread, we who are many are one body; for we all partake of the one bread.

28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
29For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself, if he does not judge the body rightly,(1 Cor. 11:28-29,)

There is no scripture in the bible that states that only 144,000 are to partake, this is made up by the WTO. This again shows how they take your relationship with Jesus away from you.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#18 Feb 12, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
There is no scripture in the bible that states that only 144,000 are to partake, this is made up by the WTO. This again shows how they take your relationship with Jesus away from you.
You refuse to believe that the 144,000 are anointed Christians because that's what your church tells you, despite the clear Bible evidence.

That's your problem, not mine.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#19 Feb 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to believe that the 144,000 are anointed Christians because that's what your church tells you, despite the clear Bible evidence.
Karen DID NOT say anything remotely resembling you accusation.

She said this:

"There is no scripture in the bible that states that only 144,000 are to partake"

Now, can you provide just ONE SCRIPTURE that EXACTLY says only 144,000 are to partake of the bread and wine?

Location hidden

#20 Feb 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>You refuse to believe that the 144,000 are anointed Christians because that's what your church tells you, despite the clear Bible evidence.

There is no one more important than another. There is no such thing as anointed Christians. Provide book, chapter, and verse of your "clear bible evidence"
Then Peter opened his mouth and said:“In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality.(Acts 10:34 NKJV)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 99
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
? about Matthew 24:45 8 min little lamb 25
More Changes Coming 19 min SOS 314
Disfellowshiped for partaking of the emblems 23 min CIA Free 167
Found this today about Gods name. 25 min curtjester1 2,711
Jehovah's Witness Love to Santa Claus at Kingdo... 35 min SOS 4
JW.org opened my eyes to the truth 46 min sonny 253
Who agrees with Jace? 54 min jace 34
Will Becoming a JW Lead to Happiness? 1 hr little lamb 54
Christmas (Nov '13) 5 hr Maravilla 1,849
JW's say that December 25th is a wrong date 11 hr dee lightful 149