jehovahs witnesses are leaving in droves

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 26
Next Last
crawler

Queen Creek, AZ

#1 Feb 5, 2008
kingdom halls that used to be full are now only half full.

congregations that used to be dividing, are now merging back together.

jws are figuring out that they have been duped by some wicked imposters who invented a fake coming of jesus, and then appointed themselves to rule.... 2 thess 2;2

jws are tired of being bullied by imposters and are heeding the words of jesus to not follow those wicked imposters.... matt 24;24

they are loosing so many members that the jw leadership are desperately working the ex-jw sites trying to stop the flow.

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

#2 Feb 5, 2008
Jehovah's Witnesses are LOSING members and are on the decline.

JAPAN LOSES OVER 600 CONGREGATIONS

Japan since the 1970''s has had amazing publisher increases! Every year the number of Jehovah's Witnesses shot up by many thousands. This peaked in 1998, since then the number of Witnesses and Congregations has continued to drop!

1998- Pubs 222,912 Congs. 3,802 {6 Years later}
2004- Pubs 217,555 {-5,357 Pubs} Congs 3,164 {-638 Congs}

Over 6 years what happened to the 5,357 publishers and 638 Congregations!! This is a mystery like the Burmuda triangle.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/141694/1.a... MORE insight here

Remember-You just can't fool all the people all the time,you can only fool all of the people some of the time,or some of the people all of the time.
JWForever

Charleston, WV

#3 Feb 5, 2008
crawler wrote:
kingdom halls that used to be full are now only half full.
congregations that used to be dividing, are now merging back together.
jws are figuring out that they have been duped by some wicked imposters who invented a fake coming of jesus, and then appointed themselves to rule.... 2 thess 2;2
jws are tired of being bullied by imposters and are heeding the words of jesus to not follow those wicked imposters.... matt 24;24
they are loosing so many members that the jw leadership are desperately working the ex-jw sites trying to stop the flow.
Wake up!! you're having a dream!! You have had no statistics on this.
We just enlarged a KH near here and others are planned to be built. Ours is full. When we have our memorial we have to bring out more chairs.

You give the internet too much credit. Those that I run into out in FS who mentions the internet, I tell to come to the KH and see for yourself. I've had several to come, or talk to JW's themselves.
I have been told that they have seen the lies on the internet. You see, you can't lie and get by with it. People do check out the truth.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#4 Feb 5, 2008
i would like to know where i can post sites i found to see if those who left the organization can say my research is wrong or these sites are all lies.

i went to the Jehovah witness site i saw the church half in water. i also read this morning the Jehovah WItnesses call the catholics the "whore of babylon"

i refuse to beg or plead with Topsy to stop saying I am here for "other reasons or I have a preconceived
reason for being here."

he told me to research i did and did.

after my "meltdown" last night and seeing the word mentally ill used once too many times i broke..

i NEVER CAME HERE FOR ANY OTHER REASON THAN TO LEARN WHY.

we do not know what will happen with our daughter. she is 30 she has the infections more so than not. i will not let her die. that is criminal she is seriously depressed but mentally ill is used here so easily without knowledge of knowing what exactly it means and how it hurts those who are affected by it.

these sites may or may not upset some. but as Topsy said research on my own. Topsy you are not a Jehovah witness yet you are one of the most outspoken people who quote from the watchtower bible? i congratulated you on winning the championship did you say thank you? no.

you believe as you want of me you are so wrong. so very wrong as to who I am. and why I came here.

have harsh words and slinging been done? yes on all sides. AM i proud for going that low? no

do i consider myself better than any person on any of these forums? absolutely not. i only can answer by what is written.

so if anyone even crawler can tell me where i can go to post these sites I would appreciate the help. a few are written by professionals not lay persons.

they are about jws; but I am not sure if I should post them on these boards. i do not know how to begin a forum for this.

TACAN DAN

“JWs are a satanic cult. ”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#5 Feb 5, 2008
JWForever wrote:
<quoted text>

You see, you can't lie and get by with it. People do check out the truth.
That is EXACTLY why the Watch Tower Society is going away.

YOU can't continue to lie and get away with it.

People do check out the truth.

Not only does the Watch Tower Society LIE, but they insult the intelligence of good, honest people.

Even though the Watch Tower Society is trying to destroy all the older Watchtower magazines with their looney predictions, too many still exist.

If you don't think the Watch Tower Society is a liar and hides information from their people, just go to their site, www.watchtower.org - at their site is a search function. Do a search there on "rutherford" or "Judge Rutherford" - then ask yourself why there's only two references for "rutherford" and ZERO for "Judge Rutherford?"

WHAT are they hiding from you?

The TRUTH cannot be found ANYWHERE in the Watch Tower Society.

Now, go to www.google.com and in the search box, type in the words "judge rutherford" - you will get 339,000 returns.

AS you can see, the Watch Tower Society hides the truth. The Watch Tower Society selectively dispenses information to keep the cult in the best light.

As people continue to discover the "truth" they will leave the Watch Tower Society.
Topsy Cretts

Houston, TX

#6 Feb 5, 2008
unlisted wrote:
i would like to know where i can post sites i found to see if those who left the organization can say my research is wrong or these sites are all lies.
i went to the Jehovah witness site i saw the church half in water. i also read this morning the Jehovah WItnesses call the catholics the "whore of babylon"
i refuse to beg or plead with Topsy to stop saying I am here for "other reasons or I have a preconceived
reason for being here."
he told me to research i did and did.
after my "meltdown" last night and seeing the word mentally ill used once too many times i broke..
i NEVER CAME HERE FOR ANY OTHER REASON THAN TO LEARN WHY.
we do not know what will happen with our daughter. she is 30 she has the infections more so than not. i will not let her die. that is criminal she is seriously depressed but mentally ill is used here so easily without knowledge of knowing what exactly it means and how it hurts those who are affected by it.
these sites may or may not upset some. but as Topsy said research on my own. Topsy you are not a Jehovah witness yet you are one of the most outspoken people who quote from the watchtower bible? i congratulated you on winning the championship did you say thank you? no.
you believe as you want of me you are so wrong. so very wrong as to who I am. and why I came here.
have harsh words and slinging been done? yes on all sides. AM i proud for going that low? no
do i consider myself better than any person on any of these forums? absolutely not. i only can answer by what is written.
so if anyone even crawler can tell me where i can go to post these sites I would appreciate the help. a few are written by professionals not lay persons.
they are about jws; but I am not sure if I should post them on these boards. i do not know how to begin a forum for this.
Boy, unlisted how did my name get invoked into this? I have been cutting back my time here, because it is not good to spend too much time aiming at each other trying to decapitate each other with verbal gunblasts. I didnt see you comment to that, and frankly unlisted your writing style makes it difficult to follow your thoughts. Thank you for teh congrats. I appreciate it.

Now as far as the research I too would like to see actual numbers from a reliabel source. We have to bring in charis for teh Memorial, we have seen our congregation growing, and we have had a Korean congregation added to our KH. WE have a double hall so we now have 5 congregations.

3 English

1 Spanish

1 Korean

I have seen growth. I can go by what I see, and I dont see this huge decline as some would have you beleive. So unlisted, I like you would love to see this evidence as to the huge decline in numbers that supposedly exists in all parts of the "informed" world. I live in a big city, and my KH doesnt show this sympton. I would consider most Houstonians "informed". So who am I supposed to believe? Myself, or those who have proven to me to be a little shaky ni thier presentation of the "truth".
JWForever

Charleston, WV

#7 Feb 5, 2008
TACAN DAN wrote:
<quoted text>
That is EXACTLY why the Watch Tower Society is going away.
YOU can't continue to lie and get away with it.
People do check out the truth.
Not only does the Watch Tower Society LIE, but they insult the intelligence of good, honest people.
Even though the Watch Tower Society is trying to destroy all the older Watchtower magazines with their looney predictions, too many still exist.
If you don't think the Watch Tower Society is a liar and hides information from their people, just go to their site, www.watchtower.org - at their site is a search function. Do a search there on "rutherford" or "Judge Rutherford" - then ask yourself why there's only two references for "rutherford" and ZERO for "Judge Rutherford?"
WHAT are they hiding from you?
The TRUTH cannot be found ANYWHERE in the Watch Tower Society.
Now, go to www.google.com and in the search box, type in the words "judge rutherford" - you will get 339,000 returns.
AS you can see, the Watch Tower Society hides the truth. The Watch Tower Society selectively dispenses information to keep the cult in the best light.
As people continue to discover the "truth" they will leave the Watch Tower Society.
Dang!! there's that many apostate sites out there? That's why I tell people to come to the Kingdom Hall, talk to JW's or go to our web page for the truth about us, not on those apostate sites. You guys are still stuck in the 1900's mode. Gotta get updated.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#8 Feb 5, 2008
i am not interested in the numbers Topsy. numbers do not mean anything and as a teacher you should know this

i had to take psych 101 and 102 one of the psychiatrists said be careful of stats in research and other areas it is true. numbers can be fudged to prove a point. it happens all the time in the work force in education to make schools appear they are doing better than they are.

when i see numbers i give or take

what i have are papers written by scholars and others.

you blasted me last night and again said i was here for other reasons. that is just not true. i cannot and will not force you to believe me, as an outsider i could see two sides and my questions were sincere and i am as guilty as any other who called names i do not deny this, and I am not happy for falling for it

after the research i did Topsy and my hubby said i need to either print it or get rid of it so it does not take up my computer space, i read as you told me all ways all words all kinds of subjects ect. i wish you the best and i will say this. family comes first. if a religion is placed before family it is not a religion. if a religion breaks up a family unit or extended family, it is not a religion.
Flame

Potomac, MD

#9 Feb 5, 2008
3 percent increase, even in the good'ol US of A. I guess the internet is not doing that much of a good job
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#10 Feb 5, 2008
3% of what number? this is vague no?
binsubimages

London, UK

#11 Feb 5, 2008
Flame wrote:
3 percent increase, even in the good'ol US of A. I guess the internet is not doing that much of a good job
We do not know if this increase is accret or not. I do know that when i attended the Twickenham assembly (U.K.) about 13yrs ago. th whole stadium was packed. i returned two years ago, and the stadiun was nearly only half-full. There are statistics on both sides of the story. What we do know is that thousands are being JWs and thousands are leaving the faith due to what they have learned proved to be false. The biggest ones is the subliminial images found in the publications, Gods namd is really Yahweh, and not Jehovah, 607BCE was not the year that the first temple was destroyed, but 586BCE. We should know that even many have joined the faith, according to 2Thess 2 (any translation) many of these will fall away from the faith in due time. The prophecy includes that there will still be some JWs awaiting destruction when Jesu arrives for that 1000yrs.
Topsy Cretts

Houston, TX

#12 Feb 5, 2008
unlisted who are these scholars and priests? Do you know thier credientials?

While numbers can be fudged then if you realize this why do you think JW are declining?
Flame

Potomac, MD

#13 Feb 5, 2008
binsubimages wrote:
<quoted text>...There are statistics on both sides of the story. What we do know is that thousands are being JWs and thousands are leaving the faith...
True, and the numbers in outweighted the numbers leaving, dFed.

TACAN DAN

Location hidden

#14 Feb 5, 2008
JWForever wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang!! there's that many apostate sites out there? That's why I tell people to come to the Kingdom Hall, talk to JW's or go to our web page for the truth about us, not on those apostate sites. You guys are still stuck in the 1900's mode. Gotta get updated.
ALL sites are APOSTATE sites.

Even www.watchtower.org is an APOSTATE site!!

Perhaps they do tell the truth at your KH, BUT I doubt it.

I believe the CULTISTS lie at your KH, just like all the others.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#15 Feb 5, 2008
who="Topsy Cretts "]unlisted who are these scholars and priests? Do you know thier credientials?
While numbers can be fudged then if you realize this why do you think JW are declining?
[

topsy i am not involved in the discussion with the stats i think i only asked where they 3% came from of the increase. otherwise i know nothing about the stats
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#16 Feb 5, 2008
topsy the info I have is from people why they left and scholars who did research i did post the sites o one of the forums,

TACAN DAN

Location hidden

#17 Feb 5, 2008
Here is why people are leaving in droves...

Grafmyer vs. Watchtower et al.
Jared Grafmyer’s lawsuit was filed June 6, 2006 in Oregon and settled out-of-
court with Watchtower Defendants in February 2007.
Within the Grafmyer records are to be found many extraordinary exhibits such as
James Walter Whitney’s discovery deposition which was part of the California, Jocelyn
A. vs. Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York Inc., et al., lawsuit. Plaintiffs’ attorneys entered Jocelyn A. into the Grafmeyer case as an exhibit to provide personal testimony that judicial hearings by Witness elders are definitely not spiritual in nature. The parts of the Whitney deposition which were provided are absolutely fascinating to read. It was difficult to keep track of the number of Witness molesters and victims which Mr. Whitney encountered when he lived in Northern California.

Without doubt, the exhibits attached to Plaintiff’s attorney’s motions are the most important documents in all of the approximately 5,000 pages that are seen on this file. These previously confidential communiqués are between agents (elders and District
Overseer) of Defendants’ Watchtower in Red Bluff, California and Defendant
Watchtower of New York .

Amy B. vs. Watchtower et al.
Amy B’s lawsuit was filed June 3, 2003 in Texas and settled out-of-court with
Watchtower Defendants in February 2007.
Molester, Larry Kelley, had been a former elder. Plaintiff’s attorney points out Kelley had been disciplined by the Dumas, Texas congregation in 1985. However, the Watchtower Defendants concealed the crime from law enforcement authorities “pursuant to a policy that all such matters would be handled within the Watchtower organization.”
Found among the court records for Amy B is Defendant’s Motion for Summary
Judgment. Attached was “summary judgment evidence” such as three affidavits including molester, Larry Kelley’s affidavit. There are excerpts from the Deposition of Amy B, where she explains how two elders took her and her parents “into the back room at the Kingdom Hall and told us that it would better not to gossip about those things and that we let it die and that it’s done with and that it’s over and we need to just go on about our business.” Also included are Amy B’s medical records which detail the effects from her child sexual abuse between the ages of 8 and 13 years.
According to Larry Kelley’s deposition, he was a TV personality in the Amarillo area. His TV show was for little kids. At one point Kelley was a ministerial servant in the Southwest Congregation and an elder in the Dumas Congregation.

TACAN DAN

Location hidden

#18 Feb 5, 2008
On March 29, 2004, Judge Pirtle of Potter County, Texas, granted the Defendants’
Motion for Summary Judgment for only Defendants Watchtower Bible And Tract
Society of New York, Inc. and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania.
However, Judge Pirtle overruled Defendants’ objection to turn over documents because of “clergy-penitent” privilege. He ordered, for the most part, in favor of the Plaintiffs’ Motion to Compel Defendants, Dumas Congregation and Amarillo-Southwest
Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses to produce documents Plaintiffs requested.
On November 24, 2004, Plaintiff’s attorney provides supplemental information asking the court to review evidence to establish that all elders and other appointed officials are agents of the Governing Body and that Defendants Watchtower New York and Watch Tower Pennsylvania’s Motions for Summary Judgment should be denied. Part of the evidence provided included Alex Reinmueller’s, acting head of Watchtower’s Treasury Department, testimony, and a 1986 Affidavit of Don Adams, President of the
Watch Tower of Pennsylvania Inc.
Although Defendants’ Watchtower of New York and Watchtower of Pennsylvania were officially no longer a part of Amy B’s lawsuit, the Governing Body decided to settle out-of-court with the Plaintiff. In that Watch Tower of Pennsylvania “operated a Risk Management business that included investigating and discretionarily paying claims to protect the congregations,” and on the strength of plaintiff’s evidence against two Texas congregations, Watch Tower apparently concluded it was best to settle AmyB’s case in February 2007.

Richard Churchfield and Lezly Churchfield, husband and wife;
And Lezly Churchfield as Guardian Ad Litem for their minor child, Tina L. Churchfield vs. Daniel Steven Fitzwater and; Lynne Fitzwater; Yerington Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s
Witnesses, an unknown entity; Watchtower Bible and Tract
Society of New York, Inc., a New York corporation; and DOES I throught X, inclusive.
This lawsuit was filed December 5, 1997 in Nevada and secretly settled out-of-court
with Defendants January 26, 2000.
Numerous depositions, not provided, were taken. Plaintiffs allege that Defendants concealed and covered up Defendant Fitzwater’s misconduct toward minor children and this was a direct and proximate cause of the injuries of the Plaintiffs.
Morley vs. North Albany Oregon Congregation of Jehovah’s
Witness, Inc., North Bothell Congregation of Jehovah’s
Witnesses, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York,
Inc., et al.
This lawsuit was filed February 20, 2003 in Oregon and secretly settled out-of-court
with Defendants in May 2006 and dismissed, July 19, 2006.

TACAN DAN

Location hidden

#19 Feb 5, 2008
Plaintiff alleges that for three decades Defendants Watchtower knew that ministerial servant, Don Serjeant, now deceased, was sexually molesting young children. This case was due to go to trial first in August 2006 but was rescheduled for October 2006. On November 4, 2004, Judge John A. McCormick rendered his complex Opinion agreeing with many of both Plaintiff’s and Defendants claims.
Included in the Morley case records as an exhibit are parts of a deposition of Edward
L. Burke from the Churchfield v. Fitzwater Nevada lawsuit. Also, the Deposition of
Leanna Morley Stone. She relates that she did whatever her abuser asked of her because he was a ministerial servant. The deposition makes for pretty grim reading, especially when she said the reason she ran away from home at fourteen was so she would be put in foster care where she thought she would be safe; a place where Mr. Serjeant would not have access to her.

Kaleena S. and Dee Dee Harvey as Next Friend of Amanda M., a minor vs. Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., Jehovah’s Witnesses – East Congregation, Jehovah’s
Witnesses – Whitehouse Congregation Watchtower Bible and
Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc., Christian Congregation of
Jehovah’s Witnesses, and James Harvey
This Lawsuit was filed April 25, 2003 in Texas and a joint motion was filed to
Dismiss without prejudice July 21, 2004, which means that Plaintiff can re-file in the future. The Kaleena S. court records are included for informational purposes only.
The deposition of Curtis Hall is quite informative as he tells what he knew about the molestation of the Plaintiffs by their stepfather, James Harvey, who pled guilty in 2002 to the sexual abuse of Kaleena S and was sentenced to life imprisonment. The evidence at his criminal trial, revealed a number of victims over a twenty-year period

TACAN DAN

Location hidden

#20 Feb 5, 2008
Known Witness Molesters Remain In Positions Of Authority

One would assume that the likelihood of a Witness, who is an authority figure in the congregation to remain in power after he molested a child, is remote. However, this situation became possible because of a course of action taken by Witness leaders who set certain guidelines in place that could allow for such a shocking state of affairs.

The Three-Year Rule
In the spring of 1972 the Watchtower Society published the book, Organization FOR
KINGDOM-PREACHING AND DISCIPLE-MAKING. On page 170,¶ 2, it states:
If the person was serving as an elder or a ministerial servant when he committed a serious wrong even though it was some years ago, he bears a degree of reprehensibility, for he continued to serve in that position though knowing that he had, for the time at least, disqualified himself, not being then “free from accusation.”(1 Tim. 3:2, 10; Titus 1:6, 7) He should have informed the judicial committee that he did not adhere to the requirements and should have stepped down from his position. In view of his failure to do this at that time, he would now be removed from that position.
Approximately six months later Jehovah’s Witnesses read in the October 1972

Kingdom Ministry (KM)17Question Box on p. 8,
What is meant by “some years ago” on page 170, paragraph two, in the
“Organization” book?
This indicates more than a year or two. It may be noted that it did not say “many years ago.” So it is not an exact number of years, but more like two or three years. It was not intended to have a brother go back into the distant past to bring up wrongs of which he repented years ago and that have evidently been forgiven by Jehovah and are not being practiced now. In many
The Kingdom Ministry, produced by the Watchtower Society, is an instructional monthly published
publication designed to be studied by Jehovah’s Witnesses once a week during one hour sessions at their Kingdom Halls throughout the world. It features articles that educate Jehovah’s Witnesses in the latest methods used when participating in their public ministry. It also informs members of many of the latest organizational procedures and policies to do with their ministry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 7 min Imagoodboy 8,877
News Why Jehovah's Witnesses refuse army service 17 min little lamb 36
The biggest lie the WTS ever told: 22 min little lamb 14
God= ONE Being...or THREE? (Sep '15) 26 min ihveit 542
"What Happens at a Bible Study?" 28 min ihveit 608
My offer to study the Bible with anyone on this... 28 min little lamb 292
Praise Jehovah (Jul '13) 31 min little lamb 5,373
Why don;t JW's feed the poor as Jesus demonstra... 36 min little lamb 51
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 50 min Enuma Elish 2,963
News 'Remain Loyal!' theme of Jehovah's Witnesses co... 1 hr Stop 824