Are Jehovah's Witness's a club or a r...
comeonusmarterth anthat

Henderson, KY

#32 Dec 9, 2012
if you want to know something go to the source. jw.org ......the ONLY approved website for the truth of j.w.s beliefs.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#33 Dec 9, 2012
Is jw.org where Jehovah sends his e-mails to? What is the connection between the governing body and wtbts? Under the direction of the gb means what,they have the last say so? Don't the publications printed by the wtbts dictate jw's doctrines? Wouldn't it be better to follow Aneirin's example and refuse to get baptised? That would take all the pressure away from the members that have to live with the threat of being df'd/reproofed.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#34 Dec 9, 2012
JW's are by no means a club. Clubs would not be going house to house teaching about Christ. Our meeting places are called Kingdom Halls simply to identify it as a meeting place. AND the WTBTS is a Publishing place, that does our Publishing of literature.
Spike

Whippany, NJ

#35 Dec 9, 2012
Nomi wrote:
JW's are by no means a club. Clubs would not be going house to house teaching about Christ. Our meeting places are called Kingdom Halls simply to identify it as a meeting place. AND the WTBTS is a Publishing place, that does our Publishing of literature.
numi it is a cult that goes door to door teaching false teachings an prophecies

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#36 Dec 9, 2012
Keikihipa wrote:
Jehovah's Witnesses are not a club, but a way of life that is different from the ungodly world we live in today. JW's use the Bible as a guide to live by and follow Jesus's commands as well as Jehovah's commands.
One can see that your knowledge of the JW lifestyle is limited, Keikihipa. The JWs follow the commands of their GB. Their use of the Bible is limited to a few Bible verses, often taken out of context. JWs don't study the Bible, they study Watchtower publications. Attend a JW service and note how often the Bible is used in comparison to Watchtower commentaries.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#39 Dec 10, 2012
When I was a kid attending jw meetings, we rented a room in back of a drug store with a cardboard sign saying kingdom hall of jw's. In those days we were not a social club we were bible students,thats what intrigued our family. Wow how things got out of hand!
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#41 Dec 10, 2012
YKN0T wrote:
<quoted text>
I lot of things have changed....
Giggles... no way I could talk you into visiting your local KH for say a month to get a good comparison from when you were a kid.....It would make for an interesting thread since there is no realistic expectation of you returning full-fledged to the flock.
I still go to meeting with my mother,I admit not regularly,as far as returning full-fledge, I believe the wtbts has forgot their humble beginning. The elders manual has a list of sins that one can be disfellowshipped for,don't you think every body is guilty of one or more infractions? I'll never go door to door again because the average householder is to savy,and I gave up covering for the wtbts.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#42 Dec 10, 2012
Remnant143999 wrote:
When I was a kid attending jw meetings, we rented a room in back of a drug store with a cardboard sign saying kingdom hall of jw's. In those days we were not a social club we were bible students,thats what intrigued our family. Wow how things got out of hand!
yes I agree, has changed heaps, the single b/s use to meet and study together for the WT study, make arrangements for field service and have discussions on the bible, speculations ran high, it was so much more freedom and how things have tightened up, the older ones are much more experienced when they were younger than the young ones today, so much emphasis on placing literature, being told how to place literature, how to start bible studies, how to give presentations, we are babied down, there are not many mature spiritual b/s left, it has become very much a social thing these days, with less and less talk on spiritual things, after the meetings we used to always discuss spiritual things after the small talk, these days its hard to try and keep a discussion on spiritual things alive, its all small talk and not many discuss the bible like we use to, sad really.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#43 Dec 10, 2012
YKN0T wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand why you would feel that way. No system of correction is without error and gross imperfection.
The young Brother's family did as much as they could privately. Sometimes humans take their families for granted and dismiss concerns and interventions. The matter stretched far beyond experimentation or addiction.
Don't you think that family needed profesional help? They might have got lucky with the elders,but most elders are not qualified to give domestic council. I was raised with brothers that became elders and saw how they thought they were the cure all. I feel going to a catholic priest for confession is just as bad.So why judge anybody,just stick to being bible students and let Jehovah sort it out.

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#44 Dec 10, 2012
BS is very appropriate for what they do.

“Family comes First”

Since: May 11

Weston super Mare

#47 Dec 11, 2012
The Governing Body has been in charge of the WTBTS since 1976. They made an announcement in the 1 - 1 - 77 WT to that effect. It's quite fudged with lots of references to the head guy overall being Jesus and mentions of rotating presidents (maybe that's why they're always in a spin), but anyone can read it for themselves on the WT cd.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#48 Dec 11, 2012
Dear YKNOT, don't you think the wtbts should abandon the policy of dfing/reproof and just accept everybody for what the are? Aneririn sets the best example by refusing to get baptised.Once a person is a baptised jw your on the hook.Not being baptised removes the power the elders have over you. Non-baptised members can be free thinkers without being called apostate.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#49 Dec 11, 2012
Dear YNOT, just debating jw issues on this forum proves members ramain active or why care to improve or clear up jw issues. This forum is a new medium where a jw's can be free thinkers. Free thinking is not allowed in the kingdom hall.

“God Saves, Watchtower Lies”

Since: Nov 12

Ashland, OH

#50 Dec 11, 2012
YKN0T wrote:
BTW did you read about the recent videos being shown by COs at Elder School?
Can you offer a link to this discussion?
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#54 Dec 11, 2012
Dear Yknot, reproved is a far cry from being df'd. I would compare reproof like a write up vs. fired!
If a non-baptised is subjected to the strangle hold of the elders early on, then why would they ever want to continue? Oh! quite contra Aneririn is spot on.Refuse baptism get a job working for the wtbts as damage control personel,and live the high life.
I went to jwnet that site is post graduate compared to this site.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#55 Dec 11, 2012
It's about getting rid of a free thinker that annoys the org. How can they do it without creating a scandal.
Kenia

Providence, RI

#57 Dec 11, 2012
Jehovah is the personal name of God, as found in the Bible.(Exodus 6:3; Psalm 83:18) A witness is a person who proclaims views or truths of which he is convinced.

Thus, our name Jehovah’s Witnesses designates us as a group of Christians who proclaim the truth about Jehovah, the Creator of all things.(Revelation 4:11) We witness to others by the way we live our lives and by sharing with them what we’ve learned from the Bible.—Isaiah 43:10-12; 1 Peter 2:12

Many people are simply misinformed.

“Fundamentalism is a broad movement within Protestantism in the United States,” says The World Book Encyclopedia. Some Fundamentalist organizations “have adopted social and political positions based on a literal use of Biblical texts.” That definition does not fit Jehovah’s Witnesses. As mentioned, they abstain from politics and do not impose their views on others by political or any other means. Rather, they converse with people, usually one-on-one, using reason and convincing evidence, in imitation of the early Christians.&#8203;—Acts 19:8.

A sect is a dissenting group within a religious community or one that breaks away to form a new religion. Jehovah’s Witnesses have not broken away from any church. They are not a sect.
jehovah is NOT God

Lexington, KY

#58 Dec 11, 2012
God's name is not "Jehovah".

The word "Jehovah" is a word invented and fabricated by a Catholic Monk.

For all the world the information is testable, where the name Jehovah comes from, available on the Internet. On Wikipedia under the search word Jehovah, we find the following information:

The name Jehovah already occurs repeatedly in the 13th Century in the Latin form of Jehovah. The Spanish monk Raymond Mantini, translated about 1270 different parts of the Bible from the Hebrew. In his manuscripts is on the right side the Hebrew text and on the left the Latin with Iehovah.

Cardinal Nikolaus of Kues used the Tetragrammaton vocalized as Jehovah in several of his works, 1428, in his Sermon In Principio Erat Verbum.

Petrus Galatinus published in the year 1518 his work "De Arcnis catholicae veritatis".

As William Tyndale, translated the Pentateuch 1530, he erroneously transferred the Tetragrammaton by using the fabricated word Jehovah.

This information tell us:

The name Jehovah was only formed in the Middle Ages in its current form - well, actually invented!

The creators of the name Jehovah were Catholic monks!
The creation of the name Jehovah was willful!
The name Jehovah is the work of man!

Anyone who worships this name turns to a human invention!

Anyone who says this name would be in the original texts - is lying!
Kenia

Providence, RI

#59 Dec 11, 2012
jehovah is NOT God wrote:
God's name is not "Jehovah".
The word "Jehovah" is a word invented and fabricated by a Catholic Monk.
For all the world the information is testable, where the name Jehovah comes from, available on the Internet. On Wikipedia under the search word Jehovah, we find the following information:
The name Jehovah already occurs repeatedly in the 13th Century in the Latin form of Jehovah. The Spanish monk Raymond Mantini, translated about 1270 different parts of the Bible from the Hebrew. In his manuscripts is on the right side the Hebrew text and on the left the Latin with Iehovah.
Cardinal Nikolaus of Kues used the Tetragrammaton vocalized as Jehovah in several of his works, 1428, in his Sermon In Principio Erat Verbum.
Petrus Galatinus published in the year 1518 his work "De Arcnis catholicae veritatis".
As William Tyndale, translated the Pentateuch 1530, he erroneously transferred the Tetragrammaton by using the fabricated word Jehovah.
This information tell us:
The name Jehovah was only formed in the Middle Ages in its current form - well, actually invented!
The creators of the name Jehovah were Catholic monks!
The creation of the name Jehovah was willful!
The name Jehovah is the work of man!
Anyone who worships this name turns to a human invention!
Anyone who says this name would be in the original texts - is lying!
IN YOUR copy of the Bible, how is Psalm 83:18 translated?
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.” A number of other Bible translations give similar renderings. However, many translations leave out the name Jehovah, replacing it with such titles as “Lord” or “Eternal.” What belongs in this verse? A title or the name Jehovah?

This verse speaks about a name. In the original Hebrew in which much of the Bible was written, a unique personal name appears here. It is spelled &#1497;&#1492;&#14 93;&#1492; (YHWH) in Hebrew letters. In English, the common rendering of that name is “Jehovah.” Does that name occur in only one Bible verse? No. It appears in the original text of the Hebrew Scriptures nearly 7,000 times!

How important is God’s name? Consider the model prayer that Jesus Christ gave. It begins this way:“Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.”(Matthew 6:9) Later, Jesus prayed to God:“Father, glorify your name.” In response, God spoke from heaven, saying:“I both glorified it and will glorify it again.”(John 12:28) Clearly, God’s name is of the utmost importance.

Similarly, if you were to travel to a foreign land, you might well find that your own name sounds quite different in another tongue. Hence, uncertainty about the ancient pronunciation of God’s name is no reason for not using it.

In replacing God’s name with titles, Bible translators make a serious mistake. They make God seem remote and impersonal, whereas the Bible urges humans to cultivate “intimacy with Jehovah.”(Psalm 25:14) Think of an intimate friend of yours. How close would you really be if you never learned your friend’s name? Similarly, when people are kept in ignorance about God’s name, Jehovah, how can they become truly close to God? Furthermore, when people do not use God’s name, they also lack knowledge of its wonderful meaning.

God himself explained the meaning of his name to his faithful servant Moses. When Moses asked about God’s name, Jehovah replied:“I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be.”(Exodus 3:14)

Clearly, the name Jehovah belongs in the Bible. Knowing its meaning and using it freely in our worship are powerful aids in drawing closer to our heavenly Father, Jehovah.*
jehovah is NOT God

Lexington, KY

#61 Dec 11, 2012
Kenia wrote:
IN YOUR copy of the Bible, how is Psalm 83:18 translated?
18 And let them know you; that Your
name is YAHWEH, and all life comes
from you, the Most High over all the
earth.(Ps 24:1, Is 45:21)

The fake, fabricated word, "jehovah" is not in my Bible.

The only reason it is in your Bible is because men placed it there.

Men contaminated the Holy scriptures with a fake, fabricated word for God Almighty!

Here's the facts...

The jehovah's witnesses teach that the only true name for God is "jehovah", and that the only way God's name can be sanctified is by calling God by His true name.

This false religion claims that to call God by any other name is to dishonor Him.

Since the jehovah's witnesses put an exclusive emphasis on the name "jehovah", how can they honestly say they are being obedient to Acts 1:8?

Keep in mind the insertion of the name jehovah in the New Testament by jehovah's witnesses goes completely against what is found in the early manuscripts of the New Testament.

Jesus said to the disciples in Acts 1:8 "You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be MY witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth".

There is only one name by which true followers of God should be identified. We are called to be witnesses of Jesus Christ, not the fake, fabricated name, jehovah!

Those of you who defend Satan's cult, the jehovah's witnesses should consider the truth:

In whose name should we meet together?(Matthew 18:20; 1 Corinthians 5:4)

Demons are subject to whose name?(Luke 10:17; Acts 16:18)

Repentance and forgiveness should be preached in whose name?(Luke 24:47)

In whose name are you to believe and receive the forgiveness of sins (John 1:12; 3:16; Acts 10:43; I John 3:23; 5:13)

By whose name, and NO OTHER, do we obtain salvation (Acts 4:12)

Whose name should be invoked as we bring our petitions to God in prayer?(John 14:13, 14; 15:16; 16:23, 24)

In whose name is the Holy Spirit sent?(John 14:26)

Whose name and authority was invoked by the disciples in healing the sick and lame?(Acts 3:16; 4:7-10, 30)

Whose name did Paul tell us to call upon (1 Corinthians 1:2)?

Whose name is above every name (Ephesians 1:21; Philippians 2:9-11)

The answer to each of these questions is Jesus Christ, not the fake, fabricated jehovah.

Real Christians are called to be witnesses of Jesus Christ.

False Christians witness for the fake, fabricated jehovah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how bout a subject jws wont discuss? 25 min ihveit 564
Why we JWs are so HAPPY! 27 min Brother P 762
News Women to 'never rule' in Jehovah's church 43 min anonymity preferring 40
Brooklyn WBTS had foresight 58 min BetheljudgmentDan... 6
News What If Jesus Is not God? 1 hr JMulvihill 1,302
A backhander for the C/O 2 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 3
How Accurate in the New World Translation 2 hr little lamb 310
Another cold blooded murder by a Jehovahs Witness? 2 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 43
Praise Jehovah (Jul '13) 3 hr Dogen 3,536
Funny thing is they always want more 19 hr Olin Moyle 285