Are Jehovah's Witness's a club or a religion?

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Dec 4, 2012
Why are memders called jw's,and their places of worship are called kingdom halls of jw's. But yet they are governed by a seperate intity called the wtbts. Are these two diferent organizations?

“You're worth every penny, PHS!”

Since: Dec 06

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Dec 4, 2012
"The WTBTS" does not govern Jehovah's Witnesses. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses governs Jehovah's Witnesses.

That's why it's called, "The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses."

And, to answer your question, Jehovah's Witnesses are both a, "club," i.e., a social organization AND a religion, as are all organized [and unorganized] sects.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Dec 4, 2012
Dear,YKNOT excellent post. Do you think jw's, in the founding fathers minds,would have thought that jw' would have ended up as corrpt as they are now? Same with the founding fathers of the USA thought there would be over 25 amendments to the
constution of the USA?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6 Dec 5, 2012
Remnant143999 wrote:
Dear,YKNOT excellent post. Do you think jw's, in the founding fathers minds,would have thought that jw' would have ended up as corrpt as they are now? Same with the founding fathers of the USA thought there would be over 25 amendments to the
constution of the USA?
Anybody with power and money can become corrupt.. Just saying..
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Dec 5, 2012
YKN0T wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...
Oh my, Rem didn't you overhear stories when you were young...
No sweety, no, no, no the 'founding fathers' weren't good choir boys they were men, very very very 'imperfect' men.
Since the thread is discussing JW-name and kingdom halls perhaps you would consider reading through a collection of JW discussions about Rutherford ....oh and grab a beer!
http://jehovahs-witness.net/jw/best-of/77958/...
Do you think the wtbts/jw's are imperfect? If so how can any elder or judicial comittee disfellowship anyone?
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Dec 6, 2012
YKN0T wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Under that pretense who could qualify for any judicial position whether that be within religion, state, federal, county/parish or tribal.
Disfelloshiping by jw's is not promulgated by law. Any person male or female that is elected by the citizenry was given the authority to judge other people, and are mandated by secular law to uphold the law and pass judgement on anybody breaking the law even if they themslves are sinners. Now male jw judges are not elected and have no authority judge anybody.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#12 Dec 6, 2012
The Jehovah's Witnesses are a religious cult, a very high control cult that is run on the whims of some evil governing demons.
They are a publishing company, that makes a profit for those demons and they hide behind our tax laws as a "religion".
Cults destroy the family unit, and the ties members have to society in general.
They provide no benefits to members, only those who financially profit, those who are running the cult.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#13 Dec 6, 2012
JWs teach lies wrote:
jehovah's witnesses are a non-Christian, SATANIC cult which produces false prophecies, false doctrines, false scriptures, and molested children.
The last is what is the most evil.
Even those children that have it the best, are abused.
sick of the cult

Marlinton, WV

#14 Dec 6, 2012
It has to be a reliion who would join a club like theirs?
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Dec 6, 2012
YKN0T wrote:
<quoted text>
Rem,
a) Most federal judges are appointed and the process isn't that different than WTS-Elders
b) To become an Elder a MS is nominated by his elders, if his nomination is approved by the CO it is forwarded to the WTS where his recommendation later and harvest work is considered and he is either appointed or denied.
Just curious.....at what age did you stop associating?
I was raised a jw still have a family that are so brainwashed I can only come out of the closet in this forum,or face the rath of being called an apostate. I've been told to cool it before or else!You are partially correct, but no way does an elder have the education of a secular judge. Most elders I've known, and there have been plenty in English and Spanish congs,were or are complete failures in there personal life. Once they recieved some authority whoa did it go to there heads. My analogy is a co-worker promoted to be your boss it makes there head swell.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Dec 6, 2012
Dear,YKNOT I got of the subject of judgeing and having the authority to kick someone out of the club. Most elders, and I have known some excellent ones that were fair, don't know the harm they do with some of their judgements, or even care! Also in secular law one has the right to counsel and a fair hearing by his/her peers,not so with jw's kangaroo court.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Dec 7, 2012
Dear YKNOT, Through the years I have come to the conclusion that most jw's are like loyal employees of some corporation, they dare not say anything negative or even try to change things for the good. They are so scared to chance loosing their job,fired/disfellowshiped, that they just stay under the radar. Disfellowshipping or public reproof still doesn't give a member the right to councel. I still can't see how an elder can df a member that is spiritualy sick. I have tried JWN and found the same typical outcome, I quess I am just a round peg trying to fit in a square hole.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Dec 7, 2012
Dear YKNOT, you are absolutely right our penal system is a complete failure,like you, I don't see it changing in my life time. Likewise, DFing/Reproof does nothing to cure the spiritualy sick brothers/sisters,and I don't see that failed system changing in my life time either.Why can't the wtbts/jw's just accept people with love and kindness and leave the judging up to Jehovah?

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#21 Dec 7, 2012
jehovah's witnesses are a non-Christian, SATANIC cult which produces false prophecies, false doctrines, false scriptures, and molested children.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Dec 7, 2012
Last time I was on the jwn web site I conversed with brother Robert Jones. He seemed to me, that I was just another apostate,which I have been accused of every time I have a question. This forum has more of a variety of mind sets.

Hmm, absolute willful behavior means what? I agree we humans are judgemental, but how can 3 elders be the judge, jury,and executioner,especially when there are 3 brothers drilling a sister that is scared, nervous and depressed and raised thinking she is lower than men?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#26 Dec 7, 2012
the jw organization can be a club too.... some people like the club.... just look at yknot.

those kind could care less about the truth, or scriptures, cause they just like the club.

its a pretty sick club though..... i mean, if you can put up with some of the judicial decisions, like condemning and silencing molestation victims, and just being a haughty a-hole who calls all other denominations NAMES, and all the suicides and stuff...... you pretty much got to be a creep if you like that club.
especially after you figure out the jw gov body are wicked frauds.

i mean, if none of that stuff bothers you, you should be a jw till you die.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#27 Dec 8, 2012
YKN0T wrote:
Rem,
How long ago was your JWN experience? Was this back when Simon was still an active JW?
Absolute willful behavior = did something because they wanted too and had developed a bad attitude that jeopardized their future like with illegal activity.
Every JC is an individual experience and as I said earlier sometimes they are beneficial and sometimes they are damning.
Not all of us Sisters were taught we are 'lower than men'.
Then why aren't sisters part of the judicial comittee,especialy when its a sister on the hot seat? I don't remember a Simon. So if a jw is doing an illegal activity thats up to the proper authorities and the courts. A bad attitude is just asking questions that the wtbts can't answer.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#29 Dec 9, 2012
Dear YKNOT, I think we are on the same page. I just have seen the harm dfing or reproof has done to some brothers and sisters, and I don't think the dfing system is worth harming one person. I think the problem with the young brother mentioned is a private matter.His family has the resposibility do whats necessary. Did Jesus disfellowship anyone?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#30 Dec 9, 2012
Jehovah's Witnesses are not a club, but a way of life that is different from the ungodly world we live in today. JW's use the Bible as a guide to live by and follow Jesus's commands as well as Jehovah's commands.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#31 Dec 9, 2012
Remnant143999 wrote:
Why are memders called jw's,and their places of worship are called kingdom halls of jw's. But yet they are governed by a seperate intity called the wtbts. Are these two diferent organizations?
ANSWER;
JW's are called JW's because we witness for Jehovah according to Isiah 43:10-12
(Isaiah 43:10-12) 10 “YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah,“even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. 11 I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.” 12 “I myself have told forth and have saved and have caused [it] to be heard, when there was among YOU no strange [god]. So YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah,“and I am God.

Jw's are not governed by the WTBTS, that is the publishing concern that prints literature. JW's are governed by Jesus and Jehovah under the direction of the Governing Body of "Jehovah's Christian Witnesses". I hope this clears that up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone actually defend the "two witness ru... 21 min red blood relative 217
Unchained continues tripping himself 24 min lol 16
More Changes Coming 27 min x WT 184
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 40 min harryturq 17,626
Christmas (Nov '13) 49 min Maravilla 1,762
Daily Bible Thought - Matt.12:7,8. - I Desire M... 1 hr Daniel a Slave of... 3
JW.org opened my eyes to the truth 1 hr Brother P 97
JW'S are 100% right about the trinity? (Apr '14) 1 hr harryturq 1,895
JW's say that December 25th is a wrong date 1 hr Boni 49
Why I'm STILL one of Jehovah's Witnesses... 3 hr Recovered 1,481
More from around the web