|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. IS that all.?? If so.. do you not see how idiotic that was??? He wasn't screwing the Cong.. Just the children... No longer a ministerial servant !!.. Yet.. hay! we'll just leave the rabid dog in the yard.. And keep an eye on him.. Oyi!..
And what does your church do?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
And what does your church do?
. NOT everyone has a Church.. it does not take a church to worship God... It takes FAITH ..in him.
Remnant 134999

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with the two witness rule. He CONFESSED in the presence of both Evelyn and Andrea. He was subsequently removed as a ministerial servant.
Does the term ministerial servant mean that he was a minister? Please explain.
Diogenes

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Remnant 134999 wrote:
<quoted text>Does the term ministerial servant mean that he was a minister? Please explain.
It is a position equivalent to a deacon. Basically you hand out literature or pass around a microphone or do anything that might help an elder.

In the jw faith all members (including children) are considered ministers since everyone should be involved in their own personal ministry. But this is not to be confused with the legal term minister, which usually reserved for someone that has a leadership role within the church.
Tall Elbrm

Maywood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>It is a position equivalent to a deacon. Basically you hand out literature or pass around a microphone or do anything that might help an elder.
In the jw faith all members (including children) are considered ministers since everyone should be involved in their own personal ministry. But this is not to be confused with the legal term minister, which usually reserved for someone that has a leadership role within the church.
No true ,children are not considered minister until he or she becomes of age. Christian baptism required an understanding of God’s Word and an intelligent decision to present oneself to do the revealed will of God,Like Jesus:“Make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit.”(Mt 28:19)

“#DOUGIE4ACDA #DYKDC”

Since: Dec 06

whereprettyliesperish.ru

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Diogenes wrote:
He CONFESSED in the presence of both Evelyn and Andrea. He was subsequently removed as a ministerial servant.
He "confessed" that he'd come into contact with Andrea accidentally upon encountering her unexpected in a darkened room.

The November 1993 meeting between elders of Fremont North and the Kendrick family was in the manner of a spiritual counseling session, where Kendrick alleged that the incident with his stepdaughter - that he'd encountered her unexpected in a darkened room and accidentally come into physical contact with her - was a misunderstanding and that the stepdaughter was holding the threat of falsely reporting the incident as something more than it was over the parents' heads as a way of going around their authority during a cycle of teenage acting-out, disobedience and promiscuity. Both the mother and, to one extent or another, the daughter backed this story up AT THE TIME, specifically, November of 1993 - some four or five months AFTER the actual incident occurred.

Obviously from this event they knew, at the very least, Kendrick and his wife - an, at the time, irregular witness, if not already inactive - didn't have their house in order where it concerned their daughter - an irregular meeting attender who didn't even qualify as an unbaptized publisher - and that Kendrick didn't qualify as a ministerial servant, which is why they removed him.

That's a far-cry from having ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE that a crime had been committed [indeed, at that point one hadn't even been alleged].

It wasn't until February of 1994, three or four months later [I don't remember the exact dates of these events, though they're in the Discovery documents] that a criminal complaint was filed by the mother and that, during an interview with police, that Kendrick came clean about what really happened in the June or July 1993 incident, i.e., that he intentionally sought out his stepdaughter with salacious intent.

"The elders" of Fremont North were unaware of Kendrick's confession to police or the charges, to which he plead guilty [after a plea bargain that lowered the charge from a felony (Cal. Criminal Code Sec. 288 A or C, I don't recall exactly which) to a misdemeanor] until years after the fact.

So, again, I ask the Conti zombies - MaraTrolla in particular - how one can pass along information they do not possess?
UNchained

Loudon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Remnant 134999 wrote:

Does the term ministerial servant mean that he was a minister? Please explain.
Diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>It is a position equivalent to a deacon. Basically you hand out literature or pass around a microphone or do anything that might help an elder.
Most ministerial servants have teaching parts on the Theocratic Ministry School and the Service Meeting.

Many of them also conducted Congregation Book Study meetings when the elder was absent.

Many of them also give 30 minute Public Talks on Sunday.

Many of them also either read the Watchtower during the Watchtower Study or they will conduct the study if all the elders are at a quick build.

Many of them also take the lead in field service.

Ministerial servants have leadership roles within the congregation.

*** w06 5/15 p. 24 par. 13 Are You Prepared for Survival?***

Under the direction of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, since 1972, recommendations are made and if these are approved, the congregations receive letters theocratically appointing overseers and ministerial servants.

*** w06 3/1 p. 20 par. 14 Wholesome Recreation That Refreshes ***

When some of the elders, ministerial servants, or other mature ones are present at a social gathering, they provide an influence for good and the occasion can be even more refreshing.

*** w06 5/1 p. 22 par. 2 Jehovah Trains Shepherds for His Flock ***

Serving as a ministerial servant or as an elder provides baptized men with additional ways to give to Jehovah and to the congregation. Ministerial servants, for example, work along with the elders.

*** w06 7/15 p. 20 par. 6 Focus on the Goodness of Jehovah’s Organization ***

The Governing Body appoints experienced servants of Jehovah to serve at branch offices that supervise the activities of over 98,000 congregations earth wide. Men who meet the Biblical requirements are appointed as elders and ministerial servants in these congregations.

*** km 8/04 p. 8 par. 2 Demonstrate the Pioneer Spirit ***

So today, while caring for their assigned duties, elders and ministerial servants can demonstrate the pioneer spirit by taking an enthusiastic lead in the ministry.

##########

*** w90 9/1 p. 24 par. 5 Are You Qualified to Serve?***

When appointed and while serving, ministerial servants and elders must be irreprehensible, that is, free of blame and of any need to be reproved for a just accusation of wrong conduct or teaching. Untrue charges made by “false brothers” or others do not make a man reprehensible. To disqualify a man from serving in the congregation, a charge must not be frivolous, and it must be proved in harmony with Scriptural standards.(2 Corinthians 11:26; 1 Timothy 5:19) One appointed in the congregation “should also have a fine testimony from people on the outside, in order that he might not fall into reproach and a snare of the Devil.” If a man committed some serious sin in the past, he could be appointed only if he had lived down any reproach and made a good name for himself.

“#DOUGIE4ACDA #DYKDC”

Since: Dec 06

whereprettyliesperish.ru

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

I see there is no appetite for discussing the Conti civil action based on its [lack of] merit.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

FH Chandler wrote:
I see there is no appetite for discussing the Conti civil action based on its [lack of] merit.
Watching cartoons on Saturday morning is much more fulfilling than wasting time discussing it.
hgp

Braunschweig, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

FH Chandler wrote:
For those who want to read the opening brief of the appeal in the meantime:

http://jwactivists.org/wp-content/uploads/201...

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

TheBraodRoad made this page and posted it on another site, and it is VERY interesting!
Please watch the first video, ESPECIALLY the JW's.
And answer the question/questions from there.

Thanks!

http://www.thebroadroad.com/m/articles/view/W...
UNchained

Loudon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

FH Chandler wrote:

TABLE OF CONTENTS
(continued)
IV. DISCUSSION

A. As Watchtower Did Not Have a Special Relationship
with the Plaintiff, It Did Not Have a Duty to Protect
Plaintiff from Sexual Abuse by Kendrick, Nor to Warn
the Plaintiff or Her Parents About Kendrick's Alleged
Past Sexual Abuse of His Stepdaughter Page 23

1. Standard of Review: De Novo

2. Application to This Case

a. Absent a Special Relationship, Watchtower
Cannot Be Liable for the Sexual Abuse of a
Local Congregation Member's Child
Committed by Another Congregation Member Page 24

##########

FH Chandler, do you agree with the Watchtower Society?

Yes ____

No ____
Diogenes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
TABLE OF CONTENTS
(continued)
IV. DISCUSSION
A. As Watchtower Did Not Have a Special Relationship
with the Plaintiff, It Did Not Have a Duty to Protect
Plaintiff from Sexual Abuse by Kendrick, Nor to Warn
the Plaintiff or Her Parents About Kendrick's Alleged
Past Sexual Abuse of His Stepdaughter Page 23
1. Standard of Review: De Novo
2. Application to This Case
a. Absent a Special Relationship, Watchtower
Cannot Be Liable for the Sexual Abuse of a
Local Congregation Member's Child
Committed by Another Congregation Member Page 24
##########
FH Chandler, do you agree with the Watchtower Society?
Yes ____
No ____
If you impose a legal duty on an organization to protect an individual, then that means they have the duty to say what activities your children can and cannot participate in and who they can hang out with.

For instance the school has a legal duty to protect children during school hours. So they dictate what children may or may not do during school hours. You want the WT to have the same legal duty, except in this case 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
If you impose a legal duty on an organization to protect an individual, then that means they have the duty to say what activities your children can and cannot participate in and who they can hang out with.
For instance the school has a legal duty to protect children during school hours. So they dictate what children may or may not do during school hours. You want the WT to have the same legal duty, except in this case 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Your strawman doesn't hold water.

The perpetrator molested the victim while he was hawking books for the Watchtower Society during field service.
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

The most telling thing about these abuse threads is that NOT ONE single Jehovah's Witness has the moral character to place blame on the male Jehovah's Witness who sexually assaults a child, and the WBTS and elders who aid in the habitual assaults.

Not one.

Nowhere else is that found.
Only in an evil cult like the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Children in cults all have high rates of sexual abuse.
Diogenes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Your strawman doesn't hold water.
The perpetrator molested the victim while he was hawking books for the Watchtower Society during field service.
She claimed to be molested in Kendrick's home AFTER field service or AFTER Sunday meetings. The other times she claimed to be molested (lap sitting, bear hugging, and innappropriate touching on an Amtrak train) was in the presence of her father.

By the way, if she hated the Kendrick as she testified to, then her father must have FORCED her to go home alone with him every Sunday after the meetings. And yet her father or mother does not recollect allowing her to go home alone with him even once.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
She claimed to be molested in Kendrick's home AFTER field service or AFTER Sunday meetings. The other times she claimed to be molested (lap sitting, bear hugging, and innappropriate touching on an Amtrak train) was in the presence of her father.
By the way, if she hated the Kendrick as she testified to, then her father must have FORCED her to go home alone with him every Sunday after the meetings. And yet her father or mother does not recollect allowing her to go home alone with him even once.
I'll be totally upfront with you.

Whatever you say in the defense of Mr. Kendrick does not preclude the fact that he sexually molested a 9 year old child.

He molested her and you just don't give a damn just like those cult leaders you defend just don't give a damn.

That's the bottom line with everyone who defends his actions and the policies of the Watchtower Society.

You people are loathsome to anyone with a sense of decency.
Diogenes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be totally upfront with you.
Whatever you say in the defense of Mr. Kendrick does not preclude the fact that he sexually molested a 9 year old child.
He molested her and you just don't give a damn just like those cult leaders you defend just don't give a damn.
That's the bottom line with everyone who defends his actions and the policies of the Watchtower Society.
Then prosecute the one that molested her, not innocent bystanders. Candace wants money from everyone EXCEPT the one that actually molested her. What's up with that?
UNchained

Loudon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
Then prosecute the one that molested her, not innocent bystanders. Candace wants money from everyone EXCEPT the one that actually molested her. What's up with that?
The only reason I am going to resp[ond to you is because you can't get it through your thick skull that a child was molested while authority figures stood by and did nothing to help prevent it.

No warning to other members of the congregation that there was a convicted child molestor within their midst and the molestor shouldn't be allowed near children in an unsupervised situation.

Now, in response to your whining...

Who are the innocent bystanders?

##########

The victim asked for 144,000 pennies in damages.

That translates into how many dollars?

Uh, let's see now.. uh uh uh $1,440.

FYI, the molestor was convicted along with the Watchtower Society.

The jury awarded the damages so take it up with them.

As previously mentioned...

No matter how you dice it and slice it, whatever you say in the defense of Mr. Kendrick does not preclude the fact that he sexually molested a 9 year old child.

“I'll give you a hint, junior..”

Since: Jul 12

Havertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

FH Chandler wrote:
<quoted text>
He "confessed" that he'd come into contact with Andrea accidentally upon encountering her unexpected in a darkened room.
yeah, that happens to me all the time, i walk into a dark room and BOOM! Oops, my hand is on a breast! Dammit, I hate when that happens!

i cant tell you how many times i have tripped and fell and touched a breast on my way down.

and im sure this simply explanation can justify Kenrick inserting objects into Candace. Oops, sorry my pen just went into your hoo ha, sorry about that! these damn bics! there needs to be a warning label on them.

as ludicrous as that is, its on the same level as the arguments the child molester defenders are making on this board.

its one thing if you are going to make asinine arguments about there being dinosaurs on the ark, chilling with Noah, but to stoop to this level to defend a child molester shows your exact character.

and before you spend the rest of your sunday writing a paragraph in response over each letter of my post like the psychopath you are, just know this is a general statement to all apologists, you just happen to be the last clown out of the clown car.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••