Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Appellant notified re failure to timely file opening brief. 03/11/2013 Defendant and Appellant: The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York Inc.
Attorney: Robert Jerry Schnack

Defendant and Appellant: Fremont California Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, North Unit
Attorney: James Murray McCabe

Appeal dismissed for failure to file opening brief. 03/26/2013 Defendant and Appellant: The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York Inc.
Attorney: Robert Jerry Schnack
Defendant and Appellant: Fremont California Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, North Unit
Attorney: James Murray McCabe

Why didn't the WTS file their brief in compliance with the Appeal Court? Why didn't they do this on time? They were the ones requesting this Appeal? Guess they were given 15 days this dismissal?

unlisted

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

they lost..
cult expert

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

How much did the wt have to pay conti?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

cult expert wrote:
How much did the wt have to pay conti?
the last figure I saw was 17,000,000. I'm not positive that's accurate.

sidgi
cult expert

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

sidgi wrote:
<quoted text>
the last figure I saw was 17,000,000. I'm not positive that's accurate.
sidgi
I wonder if they post that on their informatiom boards at the foyer of their halls?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

http://appellatecases.courtinfo.ca.gov/search...
^^^^^^^^^^
shows there were already two "Stipulation of extension of time filed" and now show "failure" on the part of the WTS.

“Bustin' Myths”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

"Appeal dismissed for failure to file opening brief. 03/26/2013"

They have until March 26, 2013 to file.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

cult expert wrote:
<quoted text> I wonder if they post that on their informatiom boards at the foyer of their halls?
. Nope! bUT HAY.. GOT A TACK???
Remnant 134999

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm, but the wtbts has no money they are a non-profit! So,with no money a speacial master will be apointed and kingdom halls will be auctioned off. They/wtbs shoud have rented instead of buying realestate. Oh well it's only money that can't be used for charity!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Remnant 134999 wrote:
Hmmm, but the wtbts has no money they are a non-profit! So,with no money a speacial master will be apointed and kingdom halls will be auctioned off. They/wtbs shoud have rented instead of buying realestate. Oh well it's only money that can't be used for charity!
. What they have ..and what they say they have ..are vastly different..
Tom

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

The Watchtower Society is lying. They certainly have the money to pay, hence the recent opening of a 11 million dollar Kingdom Hall.
FormerJWFromNY

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

The last time I remember, the verdict was that the WTBTS had to pay Candace Conti $28,000,000 for all of her pain and suffering that she endured while being a little plaything for an elder who preyed on children. Ms. Conti really didn't want any money. She only wanted to expose them for all the world to see. She wanted to the world to know the truth about them hiding and protecting pedophiles from authorities and doing little if nothing to protect their victims, which are their own children.

As we can see by the verdict and ruling, she succeeded. More power to Ms. Conti.
Diogenes

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

FormerJWFromNY wrote:
The last time I remember, the verdict was that the WTBTS had to pay Candace Conti $28,000,000 for all of her pain and suffering that she endured while being a little plaything for an elder who preyed on children. Ms. Conti really didn't want any money. She only wanted to expose them for all the world to see. She wanted to the world to know the truth about them hiding and protecting pedophiles from authorities and doing little if nothing to protect their victims, which are their own children.
As we can see by the verdict and ruling, she succeeded. More power to Ms. Conti.
Her award was reduced to 11 million by the courts. That ruling is currently being appealed. Conti and her attorney sued for 6 million in compensatory damages and asked for 21 million in punitive damages.

“"Leave the dead horses alone"”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

unlisted wrote:
they lost..
Nope! http://appellatecases.courtinfo.ca.gov/search...
UNchained

Loudon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

unlisted wrote:
they lost..
The WTBTS mailed the filing in time.

They are good at witing until the last day and then having it postmarked so that it is still considered on time by the courts.

After 130 years of mumbo jumbo they have become experts at working the system.
FormerJWFromNY

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Not so fast.

This appeal will be denied. They will not win this. The law has to prevail here in order to protect the children and to show these foolish people who continue to believe the rubbish of this terrible cult that the law takes no baloney from any religious group that continues to protect those of their own who prey on the young children and use them as their little sexual playthings and does little if nothing to protect their victims, which are the children. If you hide and protect pedophiles from the law and do little if nothing to protect their victims, which again, are the children, you condone the perverted behavior of these child predators who are nothing more than a cancer that this world doesn't need or even want.

Protect the children and let the authorities have the pedophiles to discipline and punish according to the laws of the land. The laws of the land or anywhere in the world must be obeyed. It is also the will of both our Heavenly Father and his son, our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

FormerJWFromNY wrote:
"Ms. Conti really didn't want any money"

(unquote)

Good...Because she won't ever see one red cent from the society.

Ever.

The jury verdict will be overturned.
Lol

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

El cacique wrote:
<quoted text>"Ms. Conti really didn't want any money"
(unquote)
Good...Because she won't ever see one red cent from the society.
Ever.
The jury verdict will be overturned.
Where'd you get your crystal ball?
Diogenes

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

FormerJWFromNY wrote:
If you hide and protect pedophiles from the law and do little if nothing to protect their victims, which again, are the children, you condone the perverted behavior of these child predators who are nothing more than a cancer that this world doesn't need or even want.
Protect the children and let the authorities have the pedophiles to discipline and punish according to the laws of the land. The laws of the land or anywhere in the world must be obeyed. It is also the will of both our Heavenly Father and his son, our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.
You demonstrate that you know little to nothing about this case. HE WAS REPORTED to the law way back in 1994. The authorities slapped him with a misdemeanor and the CPS allowed him to live and sleep in the SAME HOUSE as his victim. Obviously child protective services did not see him as a threat to anyone. If you want to complain, direct it to those that actually have a legal duty to protect children.

One more thing, the law has not even charged the man for conti's allegations.
TPMP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Where'd you get your crystal ball?
I don't believe in crystal balls.

==========

However, in answer to your question.

JW's usually prevail in the end.

There is one long score of their eventual court victories.

The ridiculous jury verdict was beyond all reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of260
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••