why do JWs worship the Watchtower?
Flame

Fairfax, VA

#82 Jun 27, 2014
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>

....the name jehovah is phony and contrived, the WT teachings are phony and contrived and the WT leaders are frauds who have control over a phony and contrived form of worship.
Not as phony and contrived as you darkspot.

See RHW! Exhibit 1 of those who fight tooth and nail to reject Jehovah.
Flame

Fairfax, VA

#83 Jun 27, 2014
ExJW wrote:
Worship the Watchtower
Name change ...
JW.ORG ...to ...JW.OMG
Clueless
Flame

Fairfax, VA

#84 Jun 27, 2014
DR SOS wrote:
I mean really folks lets look at this logically,
A guy or girl gets baptized at 15 and DFED at 18-25 for fornication.
They move on find a husband or wife get married and have a decent life,they raise their kids to the best of their abilities have 9-5 jobs and just try to survive.
All this time they never even THINK about the JWS and NEVER even attend the memorials.
Elders visit them periodically and they reject them because they are living a happy life free form fornication,drug abuse,smoking ECT WITHOUT EVER attending ONE meeting or reading ONE WT.
And the JW wants to TRY TO falsely implant into OUR MINDS that these good folk are doomed because they rejected the elders attempt to reinstate them into going back to the meetings and reading Watchtowers.
Lol.
And yet half of the CONGO are on SSRI's and BENZO's.
Too funny
Doc, your whole post got shut down just by one sentence from my post.
There are always exceptions and it's Jehovah who gives salvation but it's better to be on the safe side
aurelia

Raleigh, NC

#85 Jun 27, 2014
Passerby wrote:
<quoted text>No. Apostates question the Watchtower like the Bereans. They don't take anything laying down like the Watchtower Witnesses do. They also refuse to idolize the Watchtower. You, on the other hand, you idolize the Watchtower. You take anything the Watchtower says as inspired. You obey those senile men of Brooklyn without question. Yes. It is really hard to admit, but the Wachtowerites really worship the Watchtower.
Why do you need it to be this way so badly?(It's not.)
Flame

Fairfax, VA

#86 Jun 27, 2014
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
But flame the wt writers are the one who make that claim
Come on man!!!!!!
if you had not READ IT in their pamphlet you would not be saying that
Since you only can say what is in their pamphlets
Flame you can NOT put your name and contact info at the bottom of your resume man
Who told you that transplants were wrong and the wife and kids would have to die if need be??
O yea --the wt writers -cause we all know the bible didn't
Flame who told you that folks born in and around 1914 would not die cause the world would end ??
Yea them same guys -The wt writers did ---While everyone else knew the bible didn't
Flame who told you that the wife and kids had to die if need be --cause you could not take hemoglobin??
The wt writers did
While everyone else knew the bible never said it
See here is the point that my wife and I make each time we speak to any group about how jw doctrines are created advocated and dismissed
Every single jw will argue you down on Monday , quoting bible text and walking away feeling that they just shared THE TRUTH with you --
since it from the mouth pc of god
On Wed the wt writers change their mind on the explanation and application of every bible text that Flame used in his argument on Monday
Now flame comes back on Friday to let his coworker know that all the text were applied wrong --BUT!!!!
This "NEW "explanation AND APPLICATION IS THE TRUTH THIS TIME.(Well until the wt writers change their mind)
And Flame once again makes the same powerful and determined argument as he did on Monday with what is now a completely trashed "biblical supported" argument
But this time he Got NEW EXPLANATONS
His coworker just smiles as he reflects back to Monday and realizes that Flame
Follows the explanation of some journalist out of NYC
????
You got all of these from my post???

Jace, your LP player is scratched and broken. We used MP3 now or at least a CD.

You need to get better materials my friend.
jace

Clinton, MD

#87 Jun 27, 2014
Flame wrote:
<quoted text>The proof is there for all to see. Refusing to admit it does not negate that fact.

Worshipping Jehovah is what's necessary for salvation.
Rejecting His organization is recipe for failure (before you jump the gun, make sure you know what constitutes his organization)

[QUOTE]
Considering this, I guess I should have worded my response a bit better, but the premise is still the same. YOU believe that a person cannot gain salvation outside of the JW organization (except is very unusual circumstances,) correct?
Therefore, the organization is more important than believe in, and worshiping of, God.
"

Again, There is JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION. If you think you can get salvation outside his organization (think again about what constitutes his organization), go ahead be my guest...just wondering who is going to provide you with that salvation.

You cannot worship God if you reject what God establishes or sets up.
(think again about what constitutes his organization),

YEP

We all know what jw believe constitutes not only gods organization but his Mouth pc as well

YOUR 7 boys in NYC who write pamphlets that anyone don't accept will be killed by God

Flame do you realize how ridiculous you sound telling your coworkers here in Washington DC this foolish premise

"Hey guys. I some pamphlets out in the car written by the mouth pc of god "

Flame this is exactly want you believe man as a jw

Lol
jace

Clinton, MD

#88 Jun 27, 2014
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>All those WT buzzwords don't have any more substance than the dozens of dead wrong teachings and date-giving that were mere speculations of men with self-inflated imaginations of "who they are". It's a given that upon close inspection....the name jehovah is phony and contrived, the WT teachings are phony and contrived and the WT leaders are frauds who have control over a phony and contrived form of worship.
It's called newspeak

New world society

New world order

Sounds almost Star Trek like
jace

Clinton, MD

#89 Jun 27, 2014
Flame wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Read my post again

[QUOTE]
secondly,there are 8 million baptized JWS currently,there will be ALOT more people favorable in Gods eyes,worst case scenario is that the baptized JWS actually are the minority when ARMAGEDDON arrives.
You have no clue how it will play out and your thinking is the thinking of one who was is indoctrinated to think the way you do."

You got all of the above from my post???
But you said something very interesting: "there will be ALOT more people favorable in God's eyes..." Do you think these people won't need to follow God's instructions, rejecting what God sets up?

[QUOTE]
And thirdly,the JWS believe that "Jehovah reads hearts" therefore confirming that STATUS IN THE KH OR CONGREGATION MEANS DIDDLY SQUAT.
conclusion: you are welcome.
"

But conforming or not to Jehovah's will means life or death.
"But conforming or not to Jehovah's will means life or death"

But flame that is the basic problem

It is the wt journalist who determine what jehovah will is

Note what they said was Jehovah's WILL

Watchtower 1972 Jan 1 pp.31,32

"While both homosexuality and bestiality are disgusting perversions, in the case of neither one is the marriage tie broken. "

Watchtower 1956 10/1 p.591

"Sodomy (or the unnatural intercourse of one male with another male as with a female), Lesbianism (or the homosexual relations between women), and bestiality (or the unnatural sexual relations by man or woman with an animal) are not Scriptural grounds for divorce."

FLAME you can't make up stuff and call it Gods Will

Come on man!!!!!
wrecking ball

Kansas City, MO

#90 Jun 27, 2014
Flame wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof is there for all to see. Refusing to admit it does not negate that fact.
Rejecting His organization is recipe for failure (before you jump the gun, make sure you know what constitutes his organization)
<quoted text>
Again, There is JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION. If you think you can get salvation outside his organization (think again about what constitutes his organization), go ahead be my guest...just wondering who is going to provide you with that salvation.
Watchtower society propaganda at its finest.

Flame is here displaying the lies that the watchtower society has taught him through indoctrination and repetition.

He has sucked up the bite model like a vacuum cleaner through the watchtower society straw.
jace

Clinton, MD

#91 Jun 27, 2014
Flame wrote:
<quoted text>????
You got all of these from my post???

Flame

it's your boys material

Your boys wrote it on Monday and you argued it on Tuesday and had to trash it on Wednesday

Take it up with them. I didn't write that foolishness
jace

Clinton, MD

#92 Jun 27, 2014
wrecking ball wrote:
<quoted text>Watchtower society propaganda at its finest.

Flame is here displaying the lies that the watchtower society has taught him through indoctrination and repetition.

He has sucked up the bite model like a vacuum cleaner through the watchtower society straw.
Yes indeed
jace

Clinton, MD

#94 Jun 27, 2014
Flame wrote:
<quoted text>

Flame dogged me cause I used some of his Old food from God

He chided me about LP

But YOU SEE Flame the wt writers have always printed stuff that throws you under the bus

If you are a nonjw notice how the wt writers make fools out of THIER readers like flame

Flame 7 guys in NYC bestowed the title FDS upon themselves

Now look what the results are for Flame

"We need to obey the faithful and discreet slave to have Jehovah’s approval." Watchtower 2011 Jul 15 p.24 Simplified English Edition

Flame since the 7 guys are now the FDS

Does my wife and I have to obey what these 7 guys say in regards to the bible ?

See flame the question is simply even a 5th grader can answer

Folks watch hiw flame addresses this question

Since: Feb 07

RI

#95 Jun 27, 2014
Flame wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof is there for all to see. Refusing to admit it does not negate that fact.
Oh? And what "proof" might that be? The hypocrisy? The social climbing? The lies?
And yet you still claim that you can't worship Jehovah unless you are associated with your preferred organization. How absolutely ludicrous.
Other than the bloated fantasies of megalomaniac religious fanatics, there is absolutely NO mention of God choosing the JWs as his "organization."
Yes, we know that you have this visceral need to feel special and apart. However, according to the scriptures, Jesus provided us with that salvation. No man-made organization was ever mentioned as being an additional requirement.
And you have absolutely no proof that God has established YOUR group or that he set it up. In fact, you have no proof that God has established or set up ANY organized religious group.
jace

Clinton, MD

#96 Jun 28, 2014
wrecking ball wrote:
<quoted text>Watchtower society propaganda at its finest.

You got that right
All his TALKING POINTS. Many of us used as well

Nothing in his bag of tricky talk
Passerby

Houston, TX

#97 Jun 28, 2014
Duh-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again! PROOF PROOF SHOW US PROOF PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF! !!!
What proof does anyone have that they are Christian in the first place!? What proof would the congregation in Ephesus have that they were truly a part of God's organization!? You want them to walk on water and resurrect the dead!?
Big dummy, let me tell you a simple way to know that you are a Christian. Are you ready? Here is a suggested prayer:
"Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I do not deserve eternal life. But, I believe You died and rose from the dead to make me a new creation[born again]. Jesus, come into my life, forgive my sins and SAVE ME. I am now placing my complete trust in You alone Without the Watchtower for my salvation and I, Duh-boy, accept your free gift of eternal life."
If you sincerely pray this prayer, please let me know. I want to rejoice in what God has done in your life. You are from now on A NEW CHRISTIAN.
John 3:16
ChristOnly

Citrus Heights, CA

#98 Jun 28, 2014
Flame wrote:
<quoted text>
"JW organization" is Jehovah's earthly organization. In that case, how can you truly worship Jehovah if you reject his organization? There are always exceptions and it's Jehovah who gives salvation but it's better to be on the safe side.
In fact most who left, fight tooth and nail against Jehovah's own name... then how can these people say they still worship Jehovah?
Is "Jehovah" the actual name of God? Lol....If not JWs are seriously delusional like their founder.

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#99 Jun 28, 2014
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right
All his TALKING POINTS. Many of us used as well
Nothing in his bag of tricky talk
All that tired out WT rhetoric sounds legitimate and impressive..... UNTIL someone takes it down and thoroughly examines it.....and comes to the conclusion since there IS no valid proof that the WT is God's earthly organization only because they themselves have arrogantly declared it....and it has no substance in truth at all.
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#100 Jun 28, 2014
I asked Flame if what he was preaching about This Generation in 1995 is the same thing he is preaching about This Generation in 2014.

He ran.

When the doctrine changes, the Jehovah's Witness changes right along with it.
Billy Bonehead

London, UK

#101 Jun 28, 2014
If you are going to pore over a magazine each week marking and underlining passage's. You are becoming indoctrinated into its content and soon start to view it without any critical thought. it becomes a mantra.
Taken to be the truth of how things are rather than just the writers opinion.
They want to embed it into the JW minds as though it contains some timeless truth.
aurelia

Raleigh, NC

#102 Jun 28, 2014
I don't know of an approach that would be better than letting the Bible interpret the Bible. If you want to get insight on some passage, you have a huge number of other passages you can compare it to and a huge number of possible combos of several passages, that can help deepen your knowledge of God and his purposes and renew and deepen your faith. One way God does not change is he is the same person throughout the Bible and wherever this is not immediately obvious , it can be very interesting to go deeper. This can result in a lot of new material thats there for those who would like to study it. It's a voluntary thing. Gods' people traveled together out of Egypt, and back to Judea from Babylon and traveled together and assembled for festivals. Jesus' disciples are his followers and the road to life is narrow and few find it. Take notice of him in all your WAYS . So christians are moving and covering a lot of ground and are together and are fitly united.

Are you viewing YOUR indoctrination with critical thought?

"Education should aim at destroying free will so that after pupils are thus schooled they will be incapable throughout the rest of their lives of thinking or acting otherwise than as their school masters would have wished ... The social psychologist of the future will have a number of classes of school children on whom they will try different methods of producing an unshakable conviction that snow is black. Various results will soon be arrived at: first, that influences of the home are 'obstructive' and verses set to music and repeatedly intoned are very effective ... It is for the future scientist to make these maxims precise and discover exactly how much it costs per head to make children believe that snow is black. When the technique has been perfected, every government that has been in charge of education for more than one generation will be able to control its subjects securely without the need of armies or policemen."
Bertrand Russell quoting Johann Gottlieb Fichte, the head of philosophy & psychology who influenced Hegel and others – Prussian University in Berlin, 1810

"Education is thus a most power ally of humanism, and every public school is a school of humanism. What can the theistic Sunday school, meeting for an hour once a week, and teaching only a fraction of the children, do to stem the tide of a five-day program of humanistic teachings?"
Charles F. Potter, Humanist

"Men are built, not born…. Give me the baby, and I’ll make it climb and use its hands in constructing buildings of stone or wood…. I’ll make it a thief, a gunman or a dope fiend. The possibilities of shaping in any direction are almost endless…"
John B. Watson, psychologist, founder of "Behaviorism"

"Of course, Behaviorism 'works.' So does torture. Give me a no-nonsense, down-to-earth behaviorist, a few drugs, and simple electrical appliances, and in six months I will have him reciting the Athanasian Creed in public".
W. H. Auden

"...a student attains 'higher order thinking' when he no longer believes in right or wrong". "A large part of what we call good teaching is a teacher´s ability to obtain affective objectives by challenging the student's fixed beliefs.…a large part of what we call teaching is that the teacher should be able to use education to reorganize a child's thoughts, attitudes, and feelings."
Benjamin Bloom, psychologist and educational theorist, in "Major Categories in the Taxonomy of Educational Objectives", 1956

"The educational system should be a sieve, through which all the children of a country are passed. It is highly desirable that no child escape inspection."
Paul Popenoe, Behavioral Eugenist and co-author: "Sterilization for Human Betterment"
Not to mention weaponized popular culture. I 20-somethings talking about the new movie where a comedienne has a real abortion onscreen, and one said how funny it was. They have to keep up
Please consider giving YOUR MANTRA a rest?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PUFF the coward misinformed and all jws are afr... 2 hr It stinks in Houston 18
Another REASON why the NWT is the best Bible ever! 3 hr ihveit 64
Trinity...why does it matter?! 3 hr ihveit 1,895
Why do Christendom make Jesus name sounds so di... 6 hr DR SOS 586
One ethical question for all Jehovah's Witnesses 7 hr rsss1 2
Let's try this again, 144,000 ONLY? No jw has b... 7 hr rsss1 2,035
door to door with jws (Oct '16) 7 hr dlmacoop 48
Would Jehovah take me back? Sat Alank 467
More from around the web