Show explicit scripture that says the...
Thirdwitness

United States

#230 Sep 20, 2013
Ex-JW wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
Was this statement true in 100 AD ?
Was this statement true in 200 AD ?
Was this statement true in 500 AD ?
Was this statement true in 1000 AD ?
Was this statement true in 1500 AD ?
Was this statement true in 1800 AD ?
Was this statement true in 1913 AD ?
It's ONLY true if you can prove that the WBTS became the ONLY church / organization in 1914/1919.,
Based on the WBTS's failed SDA's end time doctrines that have proven to be wrong in their escathology, they are at best just another denomination among many trying to restore first century Christian beliefs !
Shalom :)
Ok so you're back to this: God's organization never makes errors. God's prophecies on refining and cleansing his people are false. We are not in the conclusion of the system or harvest time.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#231 Sep 20, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. you have a hang up..on.. religion.. And forget that Faith is what Christ used as a criteria for baptism.. for acceptance as a Christian.. It had nothing to do with a MAN made Church.. Or it's teaching..
And the inciting of one another to love and fine works ..was a command.. not the gathering together to be indoctrinated with the teachings of MEN.. The reason Jesus was spoken of as the bearer of Light..as ..those who had faith in him ..were no longer blind to God's word and it's meaning.. yet..your cult..tells you that you are so stupid that you can not understand God's word..without them.. Hello.. even a child can understand.. WHY..because a child has faith.. that hasn't been blurred by the teachings of men.. They can see through the hypocritical crap that is presented in the meetings over and over..
This is right on the money!
Ex-JW

Saint Augustine, FL

#232 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so you're back to this: God's organization never makes errors. God's prophecies on refining and cleansing his people are false. We are not in the conclusion of the system or harvest time.
3rdW***We are not in the conclusion of the system or harvest time****

We maybe be as many Christian denomination are hyped up on the imminent pre--millennium, however, the WBTS have run ahead on failed end times dates for the harvest....the gathering did NOT occur in 1919 and close in 1935 !

3rdw*****We are back to DATES ******

Dates are the WBTS's foundation for its authority ..1919 !!!!!
Ex-JW

Saint Augustine, FL

#233 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
<quoted text>
3rdW****harvest time ****

When the harvest occurs the WHEAT and WEEDS are separated by angels NOT men, the weeds are burned FIRST, and the Wheat is brought into God's barn !

They were JUDGED as MATURED WHEAT before the harvest when they were seen AMONG the WEEDS. That's were they were refined and cleansed, rubbing shoulders with the WEEDS, NOT after they were reaped !!!!!!!!

Most Christian groups belive we are very near that time when this rapture of God's elect WILL OCCUR !
It has NOT already occured based on WBTS end time speculation and failed SDA chronology in 1914-1935
Shalom :)
Ex-JW

Saint Augustine, FL

#234 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, we are NOT denying we are living in the last days, Come Lord Jesus ,!!!!!
We are saying that the WBTS's end time dates of 1914/1919/1935 are flawed as NO ONE knows the hour or day and we were warned by Jesus to be cautious of those who are setting dates, and saying
"He is HERE "
"He is in the inner room" aka invisible

Jesus says they are false prophets !!!!!
sonny

Suva, Fiji

#235 Sep 20, 2013
During Pauls time there were the Jews, the Pagans and the First century Christians when Paul mentioned about the one true faith he actually meant christianity.

For more than 2000 years Christianity has spread to all parts of this earth and early Christian missionaries had a huge part in spreading the Gospel each with their own set of doctrines.

First on the scene were the Catholics followed by the Protestants and later other churches.

The Watchtower Org was only formed about 140 years ago and yet they claim to be in existence for thousands of years which makes one wonder why hasnt
God used them all these years?

According to Matt 13:24-43 Jesus allowed the weeds and the wheats to grow together until harvest season(end of this system of things) that is when the angels will separate the wheats from the weeds.

For 70 years the Org has taught that since 1919 Jws under the supervision of angels by their witnessing work have been separating the wheats from the weeds.

In 1995 the Org admitted they were wrong explaining that the separation will not take place until judgement day.(That is what christians have been teaching for years)

Think about this:

If Org have not been separating the weeds from the wheats for the past 70 years that means their witnessing work is not crucial as they have been taught.

In every christian denomination you will find within weeds and wheats growing together and JWs are no different.

The problem with the Org is that they attract both in and oust both out which is contrary to the masters warning to let them both grow together.
Greenish Pink

Stillwater, OK

#236 Sep 20, 2013
Off topic, I know, but...somebody show me the explicit Scripture that says that marijuana (legalized recreational use and/or medical use)is NOT for Christians, or is it?
I KNOW some Catholics & Protestants smoke it!!!

Seriously...someone answer me.(I didn't see a marijuana topix for discussion.)

Since: Feb 07

RI

#237 Sep 20, 2013
Greenish Pink wrote:
Off topic, I know, but...somebody show me the explicit Scripture that says that marijuana (legalized recreational use and/or medical use)is NOT for Christians, or is it?
I don't know of any scriptures either condemning or supporting it.

However, the smoking of marijuana has been practiced for thousands of years, and, since it was never mentioned as a sin, it's quite likely that it was never considered to be such.
SusieB

Richland, WA

#238 Sep 20, 2013
Greenish Pink wrote:
In my personal opinion smoking it would be defiling your body because its hurting your lungs.
But eating it should be about as normal as drinking water ;-)

(Genesis 1:29) "And God went on to say:“Here I have given to YOU all vegetation bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To YOU let it serve as food."

(Genesis 9:3) "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU."

It does have medicinal purposes...But I would think it is something you shouldn't overindulge in or misuse.
Kind of like taking a little wine but not being a drunk.
Of course this is my personal opinion and nothing more, lol ;-)
dee lightful

Stanley, NC

#239 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
You know one way you can tell that a person is not part of God's organization or the true religion?
They deny God has one!
You know how you can tell you are not in God's "org" when they lie and say they were picked by an invisibly return of Jesus to be God's mouthpiece. No scripture for such an outrageous statement should tell you something if you really wanted the truth.
Another way to know you were conned is believing the org is necessary for salvation when if you were able to read scripture you would know Jesus is the only way, not an org of men who are obvious liar.
It is sad to see so many people being led around by the nose when they can easily find the truth in scriptures, in context.
LURKERS and BIBLE STUDIES see how deep the brain washing is for the truth is available but JW's don't want to know.They are faced with lies and they must know that for time has proven it and not only do they stay but the lie to the people at their door.
Thirdwitness

Lockhart, TX

#240 Sep 20, 2013
It is quite entertaining watching you all struggle so much to address this. You deflect, divert, dodge, dance, and irrelevate but can't seem to address this. Here it is again for your perusal.

Let me help these poor guys out.

I claimed that John 17:3,26 proves that JWs are God's organization because only JWs preach the real Christ and the true God and make known God's name worldwide as would be the case according to Matthew 24:14. So consider:

There are so called Christian religions and there are non-Christian religions. By process of elimination lets see who obeys Jesus.

1. Teaches that Jesus is savior.

There goes all the non-Christian religions. Taoism, Islam, Buddhism, Shintoism, Hinduism etc etc ALL eliminated. So only the ignorant will bring up these non-Christian religions to prove that there are others like Jehovah's Witnesses.

2. Teaches the true God who is NOT a Trinity. Ooops there goes all the religions in the World Council of Churches which is 99 percent of the "Christian" religions. Catholics...gone. Baptists....eliminated. Methodists, Church of Christ, Pentecostals, Anglican, Lutheran,....ALL ELIMINATED.

But there still remains a few. Someone made a list of them which included some like Christadelphians, Russellites, House of Yahweh, Joe's Bar and Jehovah Jirah Church, Unification Church, Unitarian Church, Mormons (they really do teach a form of the trinity though), Church of Christ Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc etc.

3. Make known God's name.

There goes all of those that were left except a few such as Russellites, House of Yahweh, Joe's Bar and Jehovah Jirah Church from Smalltown USA, and Jehovah's Witnesses.

4. Preaching this good news of the kingdom WORLDWIDE.

This eliminates all the rest EXCEPT ....... drum roll........JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

Now at this point you can't revert back and say,'Wait a minunte. There are more Catholics or Islamists than there are JWs' which is what you folks usually like to do. Because numbers ALONE IS NOT THE DETERMINING FACTOR although it is a factor. Islam was eliminated with the number one factor above, Jesus. And Catholics were eliminated at number two with the Trinity. Got it?

Now you can go ahead and make up your own criteria and you can put that the Trinity Doctrine must be taught by God's true people and you can eliminate JWs right off the bat. Or you can claim that the true religion cannot use the name Jehovah because it is an abomination and you can eliminate JWs immediately.

But if the criteria of John 17:3,26 and Matthew 24:14 is used to make a determination and the true God is not a Trinity, and Jesus is really his son not God Almighty himself, and that God's name (Jehovah in English but pronounced differently in other languages) is vital and should be made known and that the religion must be preaching worldwide then Jehovah's Witnesses is your ONLY alternative.

And there you have it folks. But feel free to make up your own criteria if you like.
sonny

Suva, Fiji

#244 Sep 20, 2013
Why would God INITIALLY let Christian missionaries spread the Gospel all over the world, use the Catholics to translate the bible and his name, wait a couple hundered years than pick the WTBTS as his Org on earth?

Men interpret the bible differently from others that is why there are so many Christian denominations, majority of Christians believe in the trinity while JWs dont.

So God will punish all christians who believe in the trinity, hell and Deity of Christ but he will spare the JWs because they preach from house to house they dont believe in trinity even though they are guilty of false prophesying?

If you are looking for the perfect church you will not find it you know WHY?

Because all churches are run by imperfect men and they have their own problems and JWs are no exception.

That is why Jesus said I Am the Way the Truth and the Life, Salvation comes from NO MEN but only from him.
SusieB

Richland, WA

#245 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
It is quite entertaining watching you all struggle so much to address this. You deflect, divert, dodge, dance, and irrelevate but can't seem to address this. Here it is again for your perusal.
I claimed that John 17:3,26 proves that JWs are God's organization because only JWs preach the real Christ and the true God and make known God's name worldwide as would be the case according to Matthew 24:14. So consider:
There are so called Christian religions and there are non-Christian religions. By process of elimination lets see who obeys Jesus.
There goes all the non-Christian religions. Taoism, Islam, Buddhism, Shintoism, Hinduism etc etc ALL eliminated. So only the ignorant will bring up these non-Christian religions to prove that there are others like Jehovah's Witnesses.
2. Teaches the true God who is NOT a Trinity. Ooops there goes all the religions in the World Council of Churches which is 99 percent of the "Christian" religions. Catholics...gone. Baptists....eliminated. Methodists, Church of Christ, Pentecostals, Anglican, Lutheran,....ALL ELIMINATED.
But there still remains a few. Someone made a list of them which included some like Christadelphians, Russellites, House of Yahweh, Joe's Bar and Jehovah Jirah Church, Unification Church, Unitarian Church, Mormons (they really do teach a form of the trinity though), Church of Christ Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc etc.
There goes all of those that were left except a few such as Russellites, House of Yahweh, Joe's Bar and Jehovah Jirah Church from Smalltown USA, and Jehovah's Witnesses.
This eliminates all the rest EXCEPT ....... drum roll........JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Now at this point you can't revert back and say,'Wait a minunte. There are more Catholics or Islamists than there are JWs' which is what you folks usually like to do. Because numbers ALONE IS NOT THE DETERMINING FACTOR although it is a factor. Islam was eliminated with the number one factor above, Jesus. And Catholics were eliminated at number two with the Trinity. Got it?
Now you can go ahead and make up your own criteria and you can put that the Trinity Doctrine must be taught by God's true people and you can eliminate JWs right off the bat. Or you can claim that the true religion cannot use the name Jehovah because it is an abomination and you can eliminate JWs immediately.
But if the criteria of John 17:3,26 and Matthew 24:14 is used to make a determination and the true God is not a Trinity, and Jesus is really his son not God Almighty himself, and that God's name (Jehovah in English but pronounced differently in other languages) is vital and should be made known and that the religion must be preaching worldwide then Jehovah's Witnesses is your ONLY alternative.
And there you have it folks. But feel free to make up your own criteria if you like.
You haven't proven anything!
Anyone who teaches lies like your evil and vile leaders are to be avoided, yet prayed for and loved as enemies and neighbors.

The bible says we are saved by grace through faith in JESUS CHRIST.
Nothing about any elite ORG or group or self labeled religion, so stop boasting in yourself.

Not including yourselves as those saved, you are telling Jesus that His blood is of NO VALUE TO YOU!!! Idiots!

JW's are most definitely NOT the only ones teaching JEHOVAH is Gods name, but they are one of the only so called Christian religions who do not call on Jesus name for salvation.
You do not gather together in His name. You go to the ORG for salvation and gather in the name of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Jesus didn't come to start "religion" so what you're teaching is false right off.

Shame on you TW...back in the Garden of Eden already!
dee lightful

Stanley, NC

#246 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
It is quite entertaining watching you all struggle so much to address this. The teacher does not automatically provide the correct answer.
LURKERS and BIBLE STUDIES
See how brain washing works on jw's as thirdwitness completely ignores the fact that even his own org tells him the Jehoavh is not correct he acts like he never heard that news and robotically continues with the false name.
You can see who is doing the diverting He cannot prove the WTS is Gods channel of communications because there is no scripture.
They lie when they say thy are needed for salvation when Jesus said he ALONE was the ONLY WAY. The WTBTS is built on lies, so you can see who is so blinded that he thinks liars have anything to fo with a God of truth.
The whole world knows the churches were preaching Christ the savior for centuries and the WT preaches an org of lies and false prophecies.
John 8:44 ESV
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#247 Sep 20, 2013
the missionaries.. planted a seed... granted many of them glorified themselves and set themselves up little Kingdoms..( Churches) but.. the seeds were planted..non the less.. Matters not what denomination they were.. They.. were .. speaking about GOD and Christ..
Those that had a good heart condition .. God would draw to him.. no..they may not have everything right.. But if they worship God and do the best they can.. they are far ahead of those who point at them and find fault.. Like the Pharisee and the publican ..
Ex-JW

Saint Augustine, FL

#248 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
Let's summarize 3rdWintness's PROOF that the WBTS is the ONLY Channel of God sine 1914/1919:

1. Teaches that Jesus is savior
2. Teaches the true God who is NOT a Trinity.
3. Make known God's name

Is that ALL the WBTS beliefs THIRDWITNESS ?

Did you understand what FULL DISCLOSURE IS ?

Caveat emptor !!!!!!!!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#249 Sep 20, 2013
DR SOS wrote:
<quoted text>"Jehovahs Witnesses is your ONLY alternative"
I noticed something about you,
YOU KEEP REASURRING YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE IN AND FOLLOWING THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE RELIGION.
YOU DO IT CONSTANTLY AND CONTINUELY.
IF YOU BELIEVED YOU HAD THE ONE AND ONLY TRUTH YOU WOULD NOT BE BICKERING AND REHASHING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
IT'S LIKE YOU HAVE TO OBSESSIVELY PROVE TO YOURSELF THAT YOU GOT IT RIGHT 100%.
AND YOU CAN'T DO IT,BECAUSE IF YOU COULD DO IT YOU WOULD NOT BE POSTING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
EVERYONE CAN SEE YOUR DOUBT.
PEOPLE THAT KNOW THEY HAVE THE TRUTH WOULD NOT BE BEHAVING THE WAY YOU DO.
PEOPLE THAT KNOW THEY HAVE THE TRUTH WOULD SAY WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY AND LEAVE IT AT THAT.
YOU CLEARLY HAVE MUCH DOUBT.
SO KEEP POSTING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND KEEP SHOWING YOUR DOUBT OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
Excellent post - straight to the heart of the matter.

Ones like ThirdWitness merely want to validate their dwindling faith in their religious leaders...faith that should be directed towards God and His son per ce.

Location hidden

#250 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
You know one way you can tell that a person is not part of God's organization or the true religion?
They deny God has one!
You become part of "God's kingdom on earth" via faith (and exercising the fruitage of that faith).

Plain and simple, as taught by Jesus in the bible (you know, that book you claim to follow so closely).

I have not denied that God has an organisation; although it resides in heaven not upon earth:

(John 18:36) Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world.

Each and every single member while on earth may look "scattered", but from heavens vantage point they are sheep in one flock. They may come from all nations and tongues and people, but they are one in the minds of the divine (spirit).
jace

Clinton, MD

#251 Sep 20, 2013
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Another way is when they set up the criteria based on what THEY believe and then declare that that somehow proves that THEY are "God's organization."
They have their own name down as a reference on their OWN RÉSUMÉ

Location hidden

#252 Sep 20, 2013
The problem comes when blind guides start making up their own criteria for coming to God when Jesus set the pattern very plainly in the bible.

Religions like JWs turns people into numbers: gears of a corporation lead by a human government that train its parts to maintain itself purely for the sake of it' own existence and not for the good of the people (drawing them to God).

It's exactly the way it was in Jesus' day; the religious "elite" class looking down upon the "scum" of the earth but still putting on a show of "righteousness", even proselytising over land and sea.

You are merely a statistic, a number of a corporation, and you are trained to view everyone else in the same manner (you make fake friendships just so that you can convert them into your organisation, they are just a project to you...and you even count the time you spend talking)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus has a God 13 min rsss1 132
Jesus- the Hippy Godman who Pretended to Die? 23 min jad2017 94
Is there a distinction.... 25 min rsss1 109
Does Jehovah Know Everything? 25 min DR SOS 7
A true worshipper.... 36 min Samson 3
Muslim radicals strike again 40 min DR SOS 24
When you see the term father and son..... 44 min Samson 1
The "Express Image" or "Exact Representation" 4 hr the Mad JW 352
The BIG JW Lie! 13 hr rsss1 341
More from around the web