Show explicit scripture that says the...
Thirdwitness

United States

#209 Sep 20, 2013
Ex-JW wrote:
<quoted text>
****So you determine the true religion by whether they made errors in the past or not.******
Jesus told us that there would be NO ONE EARTHLY CHRISTIAN Religious CHURCH as the wheat and weeds would grow together. The July 15th Watchtower supports this understanding up to 1914/1919.
True. Until the harvest time.
Ex-JW wrote:
<quoted text>
****Thus you disregard the refining and cleansing prophecies*******
The gathering of the WHEAT does NOT NEED refining and cleansing. They have been judged as being MATURED WHEAT and a gathered is into their REWARD NOT into an earthly organisation but into heaven.
Your interpretation still disregards the refining and cleansing that God foretold.
Ex-JW wrote:
<quoted text>
***You think your way of handling God's people is better than God's way.******
The discussion in this topic is to show proof that the WBTS is God's ONLY channel and the CLAIM that THEY have AUTHORITY to do the seperation work of wheat and weeds is actually doing it GODS WAY.
You have NOT proven their claims and actions in 1914/1919 are GODS WAY..I'm challenging the WBTS authority NOT Gods !!!!!!
I gave proof. You continue to ignore it. I'll post it for you again.
Thirdwitness

United States

#210 Sep 20, 2013
I'm wondering if this posted because you all seem to just ignore it so here we go again.

Let me help these poor guys out.

I claimed that John 17:3,26 proves that JWs are God's organization because only JWs preach the real Christ and the true God and make known God's name worldwide as would be the case according to Matthew 24:14. So consider:

There are so called Christian religions and there are non-Christian religions. By process of elimination lets see who obeys Jesus.

1. Teaches that Jesus is savior.

There goes all the non-Christian religions. Taoism, Islam, Buddhism, Shintoism, Hinduism etc etc ALL eliminated. So only the ignorant will bring up these non-Christian religions to prove that there are others like Jehovah's Witnesses.

2. Teaches the true God who is NOT a Trinity. Ooops there goes all the religions in the World Council of Churches which is 99 percent of the "Christian" religions. Catholics...gone. Baptists....eliminated. Methodists, Church of Christ, Pentecostals, Anglican, Lutheran,....ALL ELIMINATED.

But there still remains a few. Someone made a list of them which included some like Christadelphians, Russellites, House of Yahweh, Joe's Bar and Jehovah Jirah Church, Unification Church, Unitarian Church, Mormons (they really do teach a form of the trinity though), Church of Christ Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc etc.

3. Make known God's name.

There goes all of those that were left except a few such as Russellites, House of Yahweh, Joe's Bar and Jehovah Jirah Church from Smalltown USA, and Jehovah's Witnesses.

4. Preaching this good news of the kingdom WORLDWIDE.

This eliminates all the rest EXCEPT ....... drum roll........JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

Now at this point you can't revert back and say,'Wait a minunte. There are more Catholics or Islamists than there are JWs' which is what you folks usually like to do. Because numbers ALONE IS NOT THE DETERMINING FACTOR although it is a factor. Islam was eliminated with the number one factor above, Jesus. And Catholics were eliminated at number two with the Trinity. Got it?

Now you can go ahead and make up your own criteria and you can put that the Trinity Doctrine must be taught by God's true people and you can eliminate JWs right off the bat. Or you can claim that the true religion cannot use the name Jehovah because it is an abomination and you can eliminate JWs immediately.

But if the criteria of John 17:3,26 and Matthew 24:14 is used to make a determination and the true God is not a Trinity, and Jesus is really his son not God Almighty himself, and that God's name (Jehovah in English but pronounced differently in other languages) is vital and should be made known and that the religion must be preaching worldwide then Jehovah's Witnesses is your ONLY alternative.

And there you have it folks. But feel free to make up your own criteria if you like.
Thirdwitness

United States

#212 Sep 20, 2013
DR SOS wrote:
<quoted text>"But their still remains a few"
NO YOU DUNCE,
THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE THAT CHOOSE TO BE NON TRINITARIAN AS INDIVIDUALS.
SUCH AS MAD JW.
MAD JW DOES NOT FOLLOW THE GB THEREFORE HE IS ONE OF THE INDEPENDENTS.
Yes there are those who do not believe the trinity as i showed but they do not make God's name known. And those few who might, don't preach worldwide.

Nope only JWs do all the above. The only choice you have to prove JWs are not God's organization is make up different criteria such as

1. Must believe God does not have an organization but only hodgepodge Christians.

2. Must believe the trinity.

3. Must believe the name Jehovah is an abomination.

4. Must believe JWs are a cult.

And so on.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#213 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there are those who do not believe the trinity as i showed but they do not make God's name known. And those few who might, don't preach worldwide.
Nope only JWs do all the above. The only choice you have to prove JWs are not God's organization is make up different criteria such as
1. Must believe God does not have an organization but only hodgepodge Christians.
And so on.
3, the reason people may not take your post as proof is simply because it is your interpretation of the bible and of God's name and of what you should be doing.
It's an opinion, one which you are entitled to, but never the less an opinion.

As far as how to prove JWs are not God's chosen people, no one can prove they are or not, not even you. And your last list discredits you with the absolute mentality.

One of my biggest problems is that they pompously believe that they are the only religion that should be respected. They have no respect for people's right to believe as they wish and they spread a lot of hate for other faiths.
Thirdwitness

United States

#214 Sep 20, 2013
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
3, the reason people may not take your post as proof is simply because it is your interpretation of the bible and of God's name and of what you should be doing.
As far as how to prove JWs are not God's chosen people, no one can prove they are or not, not even you. And your last list discredits you with the absolute mentality.
One of my biggest problems is that they pompously believe that they are the only religion that should be respected. They have no respect for people's right to believe as they wish and they spread a lot of hate for other faiths.
So will you agree that:
If Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God not God the Son.

And if God is not a Trinity.

And if God's name (Jehovah in English) is vital and must be made known.

And if the true God and his name must be preached in all the inhabited earth.

Then only JWs can be God's people

Since: Aug 12

Royston, UK

#215 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
There goes all the non-Christian religions. Taoism, Islam, Buddhism, Shintoism, Hinduism etc etc ALL eliminated. So only the ignorant will bring up these non-Christian religions to prove that there are others like Jehovah's Witnesses.
2. Teaches the true God who is NOT a Trinity. Ooops there goes all the religions in the World Council of Churches which is 99 percent of the "Christian" religions. Catholics...gone. Baptists....eliminated. Methodists, Church of Christ, Pentecostals, Anglican, Lutheran,....ALL ELIMINATED.
As I was pointing out about the twisted version of John 17, any organisation that preaches acceptance to God based upon religion is not from Jesus. How many religions in Jesus' day had it right?

Jesus didn't come to earth to create a religion, he came to show "the way" to God.

This is why we have all these denominations bickering about insignificant things all the while thinking that their religion will save them - worst of all is denominations like JWs thinking that decoding "prophecies" or abstaining from every pagan celebration will save them while their neighbours will be lovingly slaughtered by God himself - how evil can you get?

You can claim that Jesus is your saviour all you like (as if his death is some magic get out of jail free card), but if you don't listen to him then it's all for vanity.

This is why Jesus said that all the sinners and gentiles would go ahead of the Jews who thought they were "God's people" or "God's religion on earth" - because the 'religion' that's pleasing to God is based upon humbly accepting God's direction in your life and expressing His love to others - and that's it! None of this "holier than thou" crap, or picking straws out of the others eyes.

Sadly even in this day and age (2000 years after Christ) people are so indoctrinated to the point of having no logic/sense - they do not even grasp that your heart condition (e.g. the way you conduct yourself) is FAR more important to God than your religion (something exterior).
Thirdwitness

United States

#216 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
Brother P wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why we have all these denominations bickering about insignificant things ).
BroP seems to think that the question of who is the true God is insignificant. Jesus of course disagrees:

"This means eternal life coming to know the only true God"

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#217 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
<quoted text>
So will you agree that:
If Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God not God the Son.
And if God is not a Trinity.
And if God's name (Jehovah in English) is vital and must be made known.
And if the true God and his name must be preached in all the inhabited earth.
Then only JWs can be God's people
If my name was Susan and in your language it was Redina and you went around saying how great Redina was, I wouldn't be too happy.

I cannot agree that God is anything, because I do not believe in the bible God.
Where does the bible say translate my name anyway you like just make it known?

And sorry but if there is a bible God, making his name known does not exempt them from all the wrong they do.

Your Satan can go around saying Jehovah is the most high God. Yet you don't like him do you? And please don't say he wouldn't, I'm making a point.

If you are a horrible person that does one thing right (if it is right) does that make everything ok?
Thirdwitness

United States

#218 Sep 20, 2013
Brother P wrote:
<quoted text>
As I was pointing out about the twisted version of John 17, any organisation that preaches acceptance to God based upon religion is not from Jesus. How many religions in Jesus' day had it right?
There was only one true religion that Jesus approved of in the first century. But understand that even the true religion cannot not save you. They can only teach you who God is and how to be saved. The rest is up to you. But know that false religion will not teach you who the true God is nor how to gain salvation.
Brother P wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't come to earth to create a religion
Of course he did. That is one reason why he came, to establish the true Christian congregation who would substitute for him in his physical absence.

Northampton, UK

#219 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
<quoted text>
BroP seems to think that the question of who is the true God is insignificant. Jesus of course disagrees:
"This means eternal life coming to know the only true God"
Absolutely not, you're putting words in my mouth.

To know the true God means to walk in line with His will, to shine His qualities of love, patience, mercy, kindness etc...many things that religions such as yours teaches the opposite of. It teaches it's membership to exalt themselves over others. You claim to stand for the true God and yet you display the qualities of the Pharisees who prayed "lord I thank thee I am not like these 'worldly people' whom you will soon destroy".

It's all hypocrisy.
dee lightful

Stanley, NC

#220 Sep 20, 2013
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo
Wt is just another denomination who came along in the 1800 offering their explanations
Some teachings were right and others were DOA
Making wt no better or worst than most denominations
Their lies make them worse .

Since: Feb 07

RI

#221 Sep 20, 2013
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the point that they fail to grasp. They set up the criteria for determining the true religion based on what THEY do, and then they declare that, since THEY are the ones following THEIR criteria, that "proves" that THEY are the true religion.

Do they have any concept of circular reasoning, or do they just ignore the fact that their only proof is based on circular reasoning?
Thirdwitness

United States

#222 Sep 20, 2013
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
If my name was Susan and in your language it was Redina and you went around saying how great Redina was, I wouldn't be too happy.
I cannot agree that God is anything, because I do not believe in the bible God.
Where does the bible say translate my name anyway you like just make it known?
God's name is absolutely NOT translated any way we like. It is translated from the tetragrammaton. In English that is YHWH. Y came to have a J sound and W a V sound over the years so that JHVH is formed. This is how all Hebrew names are translated. For example Yeshua becomes Jesus. From JHVH comes Jehovah.

It is a far cry from just changing Susan to Redina on a whim. It is translating not just making God's name anything you like.

You speak in ignorance of proper translating no doubt influenced by the ignorance spouted at apostate websites.
dee lightful

Stanley, NC

#223 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
<quoted text>
There was only one true religion that Jesus approved of in the first century. But understand that even the true religion cannot not save you. They can only teach you who God is and how to be saved. The rest is up to you. But know that false religion will not teach you who the true God is nor how to gain salvation.
<quoted text>
Of course he did. That is one reason why he came, to establish the true Christian congregation who would substitute for him in his physical absence.
The religion that teaches they are needed for your salvation, the WTS, is a false religion for that is a lie as jESUS said he iss the only way not an org or religion. An org that constantly lies is not a true religion and it is up to you to open your eyes and see the truth and then "get out of her"!

Northampton, UK

#224 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
True religion is matter of the heart, not something written in a book or by an "organisation". The "religion" Jesus showed could be imitated (love to others)...which shows that it's not some silly list of boxes to tick like you've shown.

Doing what God desires of us is not about following some encyclopaedia about Him (a matter of intellect) but of spirit (the way in which you walk - your spiritual fruitages).

Jesus tried to emphasise this over and over again, but as usual, people can read things 1000 times and still not "see".

(Mark 4:12) "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"

The truth is ever so simple; God's will for mankind is very plain, yet many insist upon turning it into some rocket science that results in denying/contradicting the very values and initiator their religion was supposed to be based upon in the first place (Christ Jesus).
Thirdwitness

United States

#225 Sep 20, 2013
You know one way you can tell that a person is not part of God's organization or the true religion?

They deny God has one!

Since: Feb 07

RI

#226 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
You know one way you can tell that a person is not part of God's organization or the true religion?
They deny God has one!
LOL Another way is when they set up the criteria based on what THEY believe and then declare that that somehow proves that THEY are "God's organization."

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#227 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
<quoted text>
And so on.
. you have a hang up..on.. religion.. And forget that Faith is what Christ used as a criteria for baptism.. for acceptance as a Christian.. It had nothing to do with a MAN made Church.. Or it's teaching..
And the inciting of one another to love and fine works ..was a command.. not the gathering together to be indoctrinated with the teachings of MEN.. The reason Jesus was spoken of as the bearer of Light..as ..those who had faith in him ..were no longer blind to God's word and it's meaning.. yet..your cult..tells you that you are so stupid that you can not understand God's word..without them.. Hello.. even a child can understand.. WHY..because a child has faith.. that hasn't been blurred by the teachings of men.. They can see through the hypocritical crap that is presented in the meetings over and over..
Ex-JW

Saint Augustine, FL

#228 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
They deny God has one!
LMAO

Was this statement true in 100 AD ?
Was this statement true in 200 AD ?
Was this statement true in 500 AD ?
Was this statement true in 1000 AD ?
Was this statement true in 1500 AD ?
Was this statement true in 1800 AD ?
Was this statement true in 1913 AD ?

It's ONLY true if you can prove that the WBTS became the ONLY church / organization in 1914/1919.,

Based on the WBTS's failed SDA's end time doctrines that have proven to be wrong in their escathology, they are at best just another denomination among many trying to restore first century Christian beliefs !

Shalom :)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#229 Sep 20, 2013
Thirdwitness wrote:
They deny God has one!
NO! they don't..every one that worships GOD and is striving to draw closer to GOD.. is apart of his sheep.. God' has said ( Get out of her my people.) and it is religion that has caused one to be scattered and tossed about.. With there ever changing lights.. and condemnation of those that don't follow their word... HELLO! GOD's words ( Do not put your faith in men)..means zip to you.. As the WTS..is now telling you that you have to listen to them and do as they say.. This is no different then when GOD told his people to flee..into the arms of the enemy.. Those that did ..survived and those that listened to men... Well ..we do know what happened to them.. NO! we.. do not deny GOD..but you worshipers of Religion do... Wake up you people as when the walls of this system of things start crumbling... you will be nashing your teeth..not knowing the way out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus DENIED being God! 2 min rsss1 166
Scriptures that PROVE the 'Holy Trinity'! 3 min Anonymous Brother 95
YES- People WILL get OUT of HELL! (Nov '15) 4 min wow 3,009
Jesus- Lesser God or Archangel? 31 min the Mad JW 59
Who Really Is the "Faithful and Discreet Slave"? 44 min the Mad JW 25
Loving the taste of wormwood. 1 hr sidgi 316
John 1:1 1 hr imagoodboy 138
JWs: how is your review on the book, Crisis of ... 2 hr FH Chandler 132
How Could God Essentially Turn an Angel Into God? 3 hr imagoodboy 532
News Sainsbury's cafe customer refused black pudding... 15 hr Caciques a liar 151
More from around the web