Chillwack family blames RCMP for fail...

Chillwack family blames RCMP for failing to return their daughter

There are 262 comments on the CBC News story from Jan 17, 2014, titled Chillwack family blames RCMP for failing to return their daughter. In it, CBC News reports that:

Chilliwack mother Candis McCarville-Weir is seeking the return of her 15-year-old daughter Cassidy, who ran away from home after a dispute over being a Jehovah's Witness.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#1 Jan 18, 2014
Well at least this enlightens the public that the Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult that destroys families, not one that supports family bonds.
This girl won't last long in the cult, these kids that are "love bombed" into thinking they are celebrities are eventually the target of gossip and attacks once they have severed ties with their families.
Happens all the time.
Their "worldly" families are there to pick up the pieces though, the JWs are long gone and moved on to another victim.
jace

Clinton, MD

#2 Jan 18, 2014
hMMMMM wrote:
Well at least this enlightens the public that the Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult that destroys families, not one that supports family bonds.
This girl won't last long in the cult, these kids that are "love bombed" into thinking they are celebrities are eventually the target of gossip and attacks once they have severed ties with their families.
Happens all the time.
Their "worldly" families are there to pick up the pieces though, the JWs are long gone and moved on to another victim.
This is why a person should not allow their child to study with jw

many do this cause they many times are not involved with any religious group so they reason
This is nice a good little church for their child who will meet nice kids

Not knowing that the child is being taught that mommy and daddy do not love god and will be killed by god if they don't come to the hall

By the time the wt indoctrination has taken hold it often too late as see here

Basic cult result
Supremeliberal

Lufkin, TX

#3 Jan 18, 2014
Children should not be force to practice , what they do not believe in,that is a form of child abuse
Hun

Duncan, Canada

#4 Jan 18, 2014
All religion is about crowd control.All religion is just a business.
hMMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#5 Jan 18, 2014
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why a person should not allow their child to study with jw
many do this cause they many times are not involved with any religious group so they reason
This is nice a good little church for their child who will meet nice kids
Not knowing that the child is being taught that mommy and daddy do not love god and will be killed by god if they don't come to the hall
By the time the wt indoctrination has taken hold it often too late as see here
Basic cult result
This is a common tactic used by Jehovah's Witnesses and other cults.
I remember in our congregation, a pioneer had a female friend going through a very difficult time, so under the guise of "friendship" the pioneer volunteered to help with her friends 8 year old daughter.
Of course, this was just a ruse to look like a big shot and parade this poor girl around as some sort of second coming of Jesus Christ. The poor girl was lonely and afraid and did anything to get the positive attention she was missing at home.
She was baptized at the age of 9, yes 9. She was quite the celebrity.
By the time her mother got better and figured out what was going on, the fights began.
This was a long time ago, and laws were different, so the JWs would sneak this underage girl into meetings etc etc.
Now, 9 year olds who have Jehovah's witness parents cannot "choose" to go to a birthday party or sing a Christmas Carol in the Jehovah's Witnesses, but if they have "worldly" parents, they can disobey their parents, get baptized into a cult their parents do not belong to and get stolen away from "worldly" parents to attend meetings.
She was a sweet girl and we became friends. She confided in me the truth, that she was no second coming of Jesus Chris chid prodigy and she only came to meetings because she felt obligated to the pioneer who helped her.
What emotional abuse.
Still goes on.
A Jehovah's Witness 15 year old, can't go to a vote in a school election, join a school sports team or salute the flag, but it is okay to steal away other people's children because the JWs have "the truth".
Ugh.
The public should know how destructive a cult like the Jehovah's Witnesses are, and this article will help for sure.
Candis McCarville-Wier

Chilliwack, Canada

#6 Jan 18, 2014
I want to thank all those who made have made positive comments. Your support matters as we are very hated my many right now making it a strugle to get any kind of help. I need people to undersyand that we are just a regular family with no abuse or major issues. Well no issues untell this happened. My daughter had been a good student with no behaviour problems and lots of friends. This is the first time she ran off. Our lifes have been turned upside down. I just want this nightmare to end..

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#8 Jan 18, 2014
How horrific. She's still a baby.

How is the WTS teaching her to honor her father and mother?

I'm so sorry for you as parents of a daughter trapped in that cult but I can say with all of my heart, if she was my child I would walk into that demonic KH and pull her out. And Lord be with anyone who would try to stand in my way. I would go through them like a bowling ball through skittles.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#9 Jan 18, 2014
I'm sure this makes a fine WITNESS to the people in that area. These clowns are their own persecution complex....and I don't mean the deceived and confused young lady who is the victim in this.

"The teen became a Jehovah’s Witness two years ago.."

She would have been 13. They like to baptize them before they are old enough to understand what they are really getting into. I wonder if she had her parents permission to do this. If so, they should have done more to see what their daughter was being exposed to.

"Candis says her daughter has taken the religion too far — preaching door to door instead of doing her school work..."

Well, they do indoctrinate their people that school is not as important as peddling their publications.

"Police were called and found Cassidy at the Vancouver hotel early Wednesday morning with friends from church." "..an elder told CBC News that they would never ask a child to leave their parents."

I guess they will support the decision to runaway, even if they don't ask them to do it, instead promoting the position of honoring and being subjective to her parents law.
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#10 Jan 18, 2014
jeff wier wrote:
I just wanted add Thank you all so much for your comments. While we hope that we can get some help with our daughter we also hope that our story helps others. If one family pulls their teen out of this nightmare before their impressionable mind is changed we consider that a victory. You expect that your child is safe in exploring religion but the damage that jahovah witness teachings can cause to the childs developement and the barriers that get placed between them and the people that love and protect them are near impossible to fix. No god or higher power would teach a child in this way and celebrate how "strong the child is to make such a hard decision in choseing religion over their parents at such a young age". I honestly can't understand why this is tolerated in our comunity and we will forever warn people of the risks involved. I believe that jahovah witness members are good people that think that they are following what is right but my experience has shown me that what they believe is right is not for us. Family is held as important in jahovah witness but this doesnt seem to be true when all the members of the family are jahovah witnesses.
I has been sujested that if I just allowed her to study then id have a better chance of her coming home and that I will not be able to get between her and jahovah. It feels like blackmail to me and I refuse to give up because I'm told "I won't be able to get between her and jahovah".
Thank you again for your comments and we are hopefull for our daughters return. We are confident in her ability to recognize the right thing to do.
Hold firm, she is your daughter.
They ARE playing blackmail
Jehovah's Witness are NOT about family, they are about making those who run the cult richer, that is all.
Most Jehovah's Witnesses are brainwashed into believing the wrongs they do are justified though.
Good luck and God Bless
jeff wier

Chilliwack, Canada

#11 Jan 18, 2014
We accept that we should have been more involved but again. A church is a place that you expect to be safe. And that alone doen not justify what is happening. You can't keep our child because we didnt make sure that a religous group didnt brainwash her.

They should take note of the lenghts we will go to protect her from this. And it is far from over. We are not weak people. We are not with knowlege. We have been abandoned by the by those that are there to protect us and we will not rest untill she is home and everyone involved is held accountable.

I let my child join a jahovah witness hall with the belief that it was safe. I admitted where I went wrong. Now the police and the goverening body's turn. Let's see if you have the honour and courage to admit your involvement. Go...

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#12 Jan 18, 2014
I am so sorry to hear this family is going through this. It seems terribly wrong that these people could take a minor child to a hotel without their parents permission. Doesn't Canadian law protect children? Seriously, a beautiful 15 year old girl was alienated from her family and hidden in a hotel. That is messed up.

Not sure whether it is Okanagan in Canada or the US (WA State), but I hope the family gets a lawyer working for them.
Twowaystreet

Nipawin, Canada

#13 Jan 18, 2014
Do you really think that a 15 year old will make the religion richer?
When is the last time a JW asked you for money?
At the Kingdom Halls there is no collection (unlike any other religious denomination on earth) Did you know that every JW is a volunteer?...from the nicely dressed person coming to your door to the person at the disaster scene rebuilding homes in New Orleans to the person at the refugee camp in Africa to the guy in NYC spearheading the translating (in 600 languages) and preaching work....no pay......nothing.......8 million happy, helpful, social, valuable, volunteers.
jace

Clinton, MD

#14 Jan 18, 2014
Hun wrote:
All religion is about crowd control.All religion is just a business.
Point well taken
jace

Clinton, MD

#15 Jan 18, 2014
jeff wier wrote:
We accept that we should have been more involved but again. A church is a place that you expect to be safe. And that alone doen not justify what is happening. You can't keep our child because we didnt make sure that a religous group didnt brainwash her.

They should take note of the lenghts we will go to protect her from this. And it is far from over. We are not weak people. We are not with knowlege. We have been abandoned by the by those that are there to protect us and we will not rest untill she is home and everyone involved is held accountable.

I let my child join a jahovah witness hall with the belief that it was safe. I admitted where I went wrong. Now the police and the goverening body's turn. Let's see if you have the honour and courage to admit your involvement. Go...
That was why my mom and inlaws joined in the 60's

Today we are all out and they tell everyone. If we had known then what we know now they would have not become jw

Wishing you the best

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17 Jan 19, 2014
Sounds to me, that the parents decided to disfellowship their daughter from their home, if she wouldn't reject her faith in her God.

What should they expect?
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#18 Jan 19, 2014
jeff wier wrote:
Stick by your daughter.
The Jehovah's Witnesses are not a religion or a church, they are a high control cult.
Your experience will no doubt help others who do not realize this.
All cults break family bonds so that bonds are only to the leaders, the governing body in the Jehovah's witnesses.
God Bless <3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#19 Jan 19, 2014
hMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick by your daughter.
The Jehovah's Witnesses are not a religion or a church, they are a high control cult.
Your experience will no doubt help others who do not realize this.
All cults break family bonds so that bonds are only to the leaders, the governing body in the Jehovah's witnesses.
God Bless <3
Spot on!!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#20 Jan 19, 2014
Twowaystreet wrote:
At the Kingdom Halls there is no collection (unlike any other religious denomination on earth) Did you know that every JW is a volunteer?...from the nicely dressed person coming to your door to the person at the disaster scene rebuilding homes in New Orleans to the person at the refugee camp in Africa to the guy in NYC spearheading the translating (in 600 languages) and preaching work....no pay......nothing.......8 million happy, helpful, social, valuable, volunteers.
No, a 15 year old by herself won't make the governing body richer. And it is true that every jw is a volunteer......out of fear, not out of loyalty to god. And your volunteers aren't really valuable, you don't do any charity, you only teach people how to read watchtowers, that's it.
jeff wier

Chilliwack, Canada

#21 Jan 19, 2014
She was never told she couldnt study until she ran away and we only asked her to stop going to the hall for a short time after this. I dont think thats wrong.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#22 Jan 19, 2014
Twowaystreet wrote:
so what is the motivation for a JW to encourage a lovely adolecent girl to run awy from their family? in less than three years she will be of age to make decisions about her life. why would any jw encourage her to bring their religion such reproach? you asked their motivation and i think that is a brilliant point.
last religious leaders who did that kind of thing looked really bad at the end of it. the converted muslim girl eho followed a cult group in US? the parents should be careful. Rifka Bary denounced her family as abusive terrorists .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Focus on families at Jehovah's Witnesses conven... 3 min Irish 10
News What If Jesus Is not God? 19 min little angel 1,300
The Twinity Dogma- the Most Ridiculous Dogma of... 21 min little angel 255
Brooklyn WBTS had foresight 25 min El Cacique 3
What "IF" Jesus were literally God Almighty~ 33 min dee lightful 163
Did God send...HIMSELF? 36 min little angel 368
Another cold blooded murder by a Jehovahs Witness? 36 min El Cacique 36
Praise Jehovah (Jul '13) 1 hr dee lightful 3,532
Mr. Geoffrey Jackson to appear before the ARC 8 hr wt expert 705
Funny thing is they always want more 10 hr Olin Moyle 285