“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#3276 Dec 18, 2013
I can show you in the Bible where God told us to remember him by his name YHWH forever.

Can anyone provide me with a scripture that says we must pronounce that name YHWH a specific way when we speak it?

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#3277 Dec 19, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
I can show you in the Bible where God told us to remember him by his name YHWH forever.
Can anyone provide me with a scripture that says we must pronounce that name YHWH a specific way when we speak it?
I will assume that you mean the four Hebrew letters that comprise the tetragrammaton. It's a shame the Hebrew letters don't show up on Topix.

This is the name that the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel gave to Moses on Mount Sinai as stated in Exodus 3:14

"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

This passage is the only one in the entire bible where GOD reveals his name to humanity. And it's not a matter of pronunciation, it's the meaning of the name that allows us to recognize that GOD is OMNIPRESENT that is important.

The word "jehovah" is an erroneous hybrid error yet you continue to use it as the name for your god.

And your organization dares to alter this passage in your New World Translation to point towards the ridiculous god that Judge Rutherford found in the pages of the antediluvian occult novel Seola instead of the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel the scripture specifically pointed towards!

The OMNIPRESENT GOD creates this universe and many others in real time!

Your god on the other hand hangs out here in this finite universe, whereabouts unknown by your leaders for now, but formally had his throne on the planet Alcyone in the Pleiades Star Cluster according to Judge Rutherford.

Don't you see how ridiculous this all is?

Wake up to the absurdity of your situation Gareth!

Everyone eventually returns home

You will find that the reality that is GOD is much nicer than what you have been led to believe.

“Read God's Word”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3278 Dec 19, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
And you're right -- there's nothing to show that we must say the name of God's son or any name in a particular way except as we can do so from our understanding of what the Bible says. Thank you.
dee lightful

Wilmington, NC

#3279 Dec 19, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
We can all see that the name given was YHWH and we can see that does not translate to Jehovah.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#3280 Dec 19, 2013
dee lightful wrote:
We can all see that the name given was YHWH and we can see that does not translate to Jehovah.
You are provably wrong. YHWH translated to Jehovah in a lot of Bibles INCLUDING the King James Version.

“Life is short, enjoy life.:-).”

Since: Aug 13

Lelystad, Netherlands

#3281 Dec 19, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are provably wrong. YHWH translated to Jehovah in a lot of Bibles INCLUDING the King James Version.
So.... That makes it okay...? Because others do it....? Normally you go against that kind of reasoning...!

;-)
dee lightful

Wilmington, NC

#3282 Dec 19, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that name was inserted in many bibles, including the KJV , 4 times not hundreds of times,, that does not make it right. With further study it was found to be incorrect and is in the process of being removed from most bibles. The WTS also said it is incorrect but instead of correcting the error they tell you to use the error anyway because man is familiar with the wrong name. What kind of teaching do you call using error rather than the truth? Only those led by Satan would say to continue with error rather than the truth.

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3283 Dec 19, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>

This is the name that the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel gave to Moses on Mount Sinai as stated in Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

This passage is the only one in the entire bible where GOD reveals his name to humanity. And it's not a matter of pronunciation, it's the meaning of the name that allows us to recognize that GOD is OMNIPRESENT that is important.

You will find that the reality that is GOD is much nicer than what you have been led to believe.
Your final sentence was so "down-to-earth simple" but carried such a beautiful meaning!

I understand just what you are saying here and my own learning of the real Creator of the universe opened up as a budding flower with numerous petals. As I came out from under the effects of toxic and tainted WT teachings......I ALSO discovered the many more glorious aspects and wondrous qualities that the WT lessons never even touch upon. My newly found appreciation of our Father has deepened and grown beyond words. I can only feel pity for those still entangled in the WT rubbish that they have labeled and accepted as "truth".

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#3284 Dec 19, 2013
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
Your final sentence was so "down-to-earth simple" but carried such a beautiful meaning!
I understand just what you are saying here and my own learning of the real Creator of the universe opened up as a budding flower with numerous petals. As I came out from under the effects of toxic and tainted WT teachings......I ALSO discovered the many more glorious aspects and wondrous qualities that the WT lessons never even touch upon. My newly found appreciation of our Father has deepened and grown beyond words. I can only feel pity for those still entangled in the WT rubbish that they have labeled and accepted as "truth".
Well, all we can do is to continue to remind them of the many errors in their belief system and encourage them to turn to the ONE TRUE GOD.

Some will wake up, some will be too fearful to challenge the absurdity of the teachings of their masters and will continue to sleep through life trusting in men who reject GOD to guide them..(blind guides)

But it isn't just the Jehovah's Witnesses that are lost. It's all religions that have rejected the OMNIPRESENT GOD at the heart of the teachings of the historical Jesus in preferring various god(s) of conditional love.
little lamb

Adelaide, Australia

#3285 Dec 19, 2013
encouragement in keeping the SIMPLE EYE>...

Psalm 91:14

"Because he loves me," says Jehovah, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name."

Wonderful promise...hallelujah

“Mark 7:7; John 4-6”

Since: Oct 07

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3286 Dec 19, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
I rather think God probably feels a bit insulted that you consider him so petty small minded as to care how we pronounce his name.
Many others feel exactly the same way about insisting that God is so petty and small minded as to care whether we pronounce His name.

If using THE NAME matters, then HOW we use it also matters.

To claim that insistence on one is small minded and petty is to invite equal claim that the other is small minded and petty.

God didn't say we should use another name that we gave to Him.

God only ever said we should use the name that He gave to Himself.

If vocalizing His personal name was important to God, God would see to it that we could do so.

God didn't.

'Jehovah' is a name humans gave to God, not a name God gave to Himself.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3287 Dec 19, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
I can show in many Bibles where humans have decided that in their own personal language they can disobey God. They claim that over time (but well within forever) language compels them to disobey God. They are clearly not correct about that.

They remember God by the gibberish noun 'Jehovah,' instead of by the name that God gave to Himself 'YHWH.'

I am glad you found evidence in the Bible that Jehovah's Witnesses are not remembering God by the name that God have to Himself. That's a big step for you.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#3288 Dec 19, 2013
AuldSoul1 wrote:
If using THE NAME matters, then HOW we use it also matters.
How we use it? Absolutely it matters.

How we pronounce it? It matters not at all.

The Bible tells us to remember God by his name YHWH forever.

The Biible tells us to use that name with respect.

BUT the Bible does NOT tell us we must pronounce God's name YHWH a specific way.
AuldSoul1 wrote:
God didn't say we should use another name that we gave to Him.
God only ever said we should use the name that He gave to Himself.
AuldSoul is sill confused about the difference between the name and the pronunciation of the name. The form "Jehovah" is the tetragrammaton pronounced in a way that is easy in modern English.

It even contains the transliterated letters of God's name YHWH (JHVH).

JHVH is the transliterated name God told us to remember him by forever.

When we sound THAT name in a way that is easy in English we add vowels:

JHVH

+ e = JeHVH

+ o = JeHoVH

+ a = JeHoVaH

Clearly the name Jehovah is the tetragrammaton pronounced in a way that is easy in modern English.
AuldSoul1 wrote:
If vocalizing His personal name was important to God, God would see to it that we could do so.
We can.
AuldSoul1 wrote:
God didn't.
Yes he did. He gave us vocal chords.
AuldSoul1 wrote:
'Jehovah' is a name humans gave to God, not a name God gave to Himself.
That's not true.'Jehovah' is simply the written form of how English people pronounce the tetragrammaton.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#3289 Dec 19, 2013
AuldSoul1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can show in many Bibles where humans have decided that in their own personal language they can disobey God. They claim that over time (but well within forever) language compels them to disobey God. They are clearly not correct about that.
They remember God by the gibberish noun 'Jehovah,' instead of by the name that God gave to Himself 'YHWH.'
I am glad you found evidence in the Bible that Jehovah's Witnesses are not remembering God by the name that God have to Himself. That's a big step for you.
Actually we remember God by his name the tetragrammaton. The Written English form 'Jehovah' is merely how we pronounce that in modern English.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3290 Dec 19, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
How we use it? Absolutely it matters.
Pronunciation of a name is a use of a name.

It is so strange that I actually had to say that to an otherwise intelligent adult human.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#3291 Dec 19, 2013
AuldSoul1 wrote:
Pronunciation of a name is a use of a name.
No it isn't.

But if you think it is then you are admitting that pronunciation is independent of the name and that the same name can be pronounced in different ways.

ALL your arguments rely on the name being the pronunciation such that each different pronunciation is a different name (which is false).
AuldSoul1 wrote:
It is so strange that I actually had to say that to an otherwise intelligent adult human.
Don't sweat it.

You say the craziest things to intelligent adult humans all the time.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3292 Dec 19, 2013
Wow.

Aneirin has stated that pronunciation of a name is not a use of a name.

Publicly.

I don't think anyone needs to look further for proof of how far he is willing to go in the rejection of reality in order to hang on to false doctrines.

Applying your illogic, if I "respectfully" mispronounce 'YHWH' as 'Gharg-ul-blat-var-snoo,' and do so for long enough, and get enough people to agree with that pronunciation, then Gargleblatvarsnoo would be the Divine Name God gave to Himself!

Your thinking is cultic and senseless.
little lamb

Adelaide, Australia

#3293 Dec 19, 2013
It is good to give thanks to Jehovah and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High ... Psalm 92:1.

The wonderful position a witness of Jehovah is in is marvelous...because we can fulfill this scripture

Whilst the other poor souls are running around confused on his name and so unable to fulfill the WORD.

“JEHOVAH IS A GOLDEN CALF”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3294 Dec 19, 2013
Here is what other scholars say about the fake, fabricated name and itís pronunciation "jehovah":

The Jewish Encyclopedia: "Jehovah" -- a mispronunciation of the Hebrew YHWH the name of God. This pronunciation is grammatically impossible. The form 'Jehovah' is a philological impossibility."
The New Jewish Encyclopedia: "It is clear that the word Jehovah is an artificial composite."

Encyclopedia Judaica: "the true pronunciation of the tetragrammaton YHWH was never lost. The name was pronounced Yahweh. It was regularly pronounced this way at least until 586 B.C., as is clear from the Lachish Letters written shortly before this date."

The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia: "JEHOVAH is an erroneous pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton a four lettered name of God, made up of the Hebrew letters Yod He Vav He. The word "JEHOVAH" therefore is a misreading for which there is no warrant and which makes no sense in Hebrew"

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary: "Jehovah" -- "False reading of the Hebrew YAHWEH."

Encyclopedia Americana: "Jehovah" -- "erroneous form of the name of the God of Israel."

A Dictionary of the Bible by William Smith: "Whatever, therefore, be the true pronunciation of the word, there can be little doubt that it is not Jehovah."

Encyclopedia Britannica: ""The pronunciation 'Jehovah' is an error resulting among Christians from combining the consonants YHWH with the vowels of ADHONAY....The Masoretes who from the 6th to the 10th century worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew Bible replaced the vowels of the name YHWH with the vowel signs of Adonai or Elohim. Thus the artificial name Jehovah came into being."
Webster's Third New International Dictionary: "Jehovah" -- "Intended as a transliteration of Hebrew YAHWEH, the vowel points of Hebrew ADHONAY (my lord) being erroneously substituted for those of YAHWEH; from the fact that in some Hebrew manuscripts the vowel points of ADHONAY (used as a euphemism for YAHWEH) were written under the consonants YHWH of YAHWEH to indicate that ADHONAY was to be substituted in oral reading for YAHWEH. Jehovah is a Christian transliteration of the tetragrammaton long assumed by many Christians to be the authentic reproduction of the Hebrew sacred name for God but now recognized to be a late hybrid form never used by the Jews."

New Catholic Encyclopedia: "Jehovah" -- "false form of the divine name YAHWEH.

The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia: "Jehovah" -- "is an erroneous form of the divine name of the covenant God Israel."

The Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible: "Jehovah" --"is an artificial form."

Encyclopedia International: "Jehovah" --"the vowels of one word with the consonants of the other were misread as 'Jehovah.'"

Merits Students Encyclopedia:--"is an inaccurate reconstruction of the name of God in the Old Testament."

Use all the excuses you choose, but "jehovah" is a fake, fabricated, pagan name!
little lamb

Adelaide, Australia

#3295 Dec 19, 2013
Mega Rude wrote:
Here is what other scholars say about the fake, fabricated name and itís pronunciation "jehovah":
The Jewish Encyclopedia: "Jehovah" -- a mispronunciation of the Hebrew YHWH the name of God. This pronunciation is grammatically impossible. The form 'Jehovah' is a philological impossibility."
The New Jewish Encyclopedia: "It is clear that the word Jehovah is an artificial composite."
Encyclopedia Judaica: "the true pronunciation of the tetragrammaton YHWH was never lost. The name was pronounced Yahweh. It was regularly pronounced this way at least until 586 B.C., as is clear from the Lachish Letters written shortly before this date."
The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia: "JEHOVAH is an erroneous pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton a four lettered name of God, made up of the Hebrew letters Yod He Vav He. The word "JEHOVAH" therefore is a misreading for which there is no warrant and which makes no sense in Hebrew"
Webster's Collegiate Dictionary: "Jehovah" -- "False reading of the Hebrew YAHWEH."
Encyclopedia Americana: "Jehovah" -- "erroneous form of the name of the God of Israel."
A Dictionary of the Bible by William Smith: "Whatever, therefore, be the true pronunciation of the word, there can be little doubt that it is not Jehovah."
Encyclopedia Britannica: ""The pronunciation 'Jehovah' is an error resulting among Christians from combining the consonants YHWH with the vowels of ADHONAY....The Masoretes who from the 6th to the 10th century worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew Bible replaced the vowels of the name YHWH with the vowel signs of Adonai or Elohim. Thus the artificial name Jehovah came into being."
Webster's Third New International Dictionary: "Jehovah" -- "Intended as a transliteration of Hebrew YAHWEH, the vowel points of Hebrew ADHONAY (my lord) being erroneously substituted for those of YAHWEH; from the fact that in some Hebrew manuscripts the vowel points of ADHONAY (used as a euphemism for YAHWEH) were written under the consonants YHWH of YAHWEH to indicate that ADHONAY was to be substituted in oral reading for YAHWEH. Jehovah is a Christian transliteration of the tetragrammaton long assumed by many Christians to be the authentic reproduction of the Hebrew sacred name for God but now recognized to be a late hybrid form never used by the Jews."
New Catholic Encyclopedia: "Jehovah" -- "false form of the divine name YAHWEH.
The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia: "Jehovah" -- "is an erroneous form of the divine name of the covenant God Israel."
The Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible: "Jehovah" --"is an artificial form."
Encyclopedia International: "Jehovah" --"the vowels of one word with the consonants of the other were misread as 'Jehovah.'"
Merits Students Encyclopedia:--"is an inaccurate reconstruction of the name of God in the Old Testament."
Use all the excuses you choose, but "jehovah" is a fake, fabricated, pagan name!
Notice all the books Mega Rude quotes, as his source?

Not one a Bible.

However Christians are interested in what the scriptures say...here is a source

Exodus 6 [3] American King James Version

And I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JW kingdom hall flies Chilean flag 3 min jace 24
What if the Child just isn't Interested? 8 min Brother P 47
The GB and Bethel Heavies Live like KINGS!!!!!!... 10 min jace 60
Thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses 'seek God's Ki... 10 min supersonic boom 143
Anointed Ones-How to Identify 17 min Antichrist Exposer 23
Why I'm STILL one of Jehovah's Witnesses... 22 min Kenneson 612
Tangible proof that Jesus is Michael, the angel 36 min sidgi 5
Last Night's JW Child Abuse TV Programme here: 1 hr BUDGIE 47
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael 1 hr Brother P 178
Found this today about Gods name. 10 hr Mega Rude 306