Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#43 May 29, 2012
Olin Moyle wrote:
I have a suspicion that celebrating birthdays will become a "conscience matter" for Witnesses in the next couple of decades.
The facts are simple. Commemorating the anniversary of one's birth is not condemned in the Bible. Neither is commemorating the anniversary of one's marriage.
However, the Society has seen fit to arbitrarily ban the former, but permit the latter.
This is an excellent example of the Society's religious leaders behaving like Pharisees - making up unscriptural rules for their followers in blatant disregard of the direction at 1 Corinthians 4:6 not to "go beyond the things written."
Again... another way to rip the conscience out of a person..
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#44 May 29, 2012
Mikronboy wrote:
Today is my wife's birthday.
I am pleased to tell you that so far we have abstained from hanging our baker and desisted from beheading our local baptist.
This means that from now on, everyone can enjoy celebrating their birthday with a clear conscience.
Thank you.
The joke is no matter how many times the WBTS uses this as an excuse that parents will not celebrate their children, it falls flat on every JW kid as the senseless BS that it is.
I guess Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones who might just behead a guest at their child's birthday party, since I haven't heard of any others.
UNchained

Sevierville, TN

#45 May 29, 2012
JW's do celebrate birthdays:

July 1979 Kingdom Ministry
Page 1

Special Issue of “The Watchtower” to Feature 100th Anniversary
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#46 May 29, 2012
UNchained wrote:
JW's do celebrate birthdays:
July 1979 Kingdom Ministry
Page 1
Special Issue of “The Watchtower” to Feature 100th Anniversary
Yup adults only!!
No Jehovah's Witness children are to be celebrated NOR enjoy any of the joys of childhood.
No wonder we all leave.
Pat

Stillman Valley, IL

#47 May 29, 2012
hMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
The joke is no matter how many times the WBTS uses this as an excuse that parents will not celebrate their children, it falls flat on every JW kid as the senseless BS that it is.
I guess Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones who might just behead a guest at their child's birthday party, since I haven't heard of any others.
Good point and lets remember that the reason John was beheaded was because he called them on their sin not because it was a birthday party so would JW behead someone for calling them on their sin and telling them they must repent of it ?
Pat

Stillman Valley, IL

#48 May 29, 2012
For Herod himself had sent out and arrested John, and bound him in prison for the sake of Herodias, his brother Philip's wife, for he had married her. For John said to Herod, "It is not lawful for you to have your brother's wife." Herodias set herself against him, and desired to kill him, but she couldn't, for Herod feared John, knowing that he was a righteous and holy man, and kept him safe. When he heard him, he did many things, and he heard him gladly.
Then a convenient day came, that Herod on his birthday made a supper for his nobles, the high officers, and the chief men of Galilee. When the daughter of Herodias herself came in and danced, she pleased Herod and those sitting with him. The king said to the young lady, "Ask me whatever you want, and I will give it to you." He swore to her, "Whatever you shall ask of me, I will give you, up to half of my kingdom."
She went out, and said to her mother, "What shall I ask?"
She said, "The head of John the Baptizer."
She came in immediately with haste to the king, and asked, "I want you to give me right now the head of John the Baptizer on a platter."
The king was exceedingly sorry, but for the sake of his oaths, and of his dinner guests, he didn't wish to refuse her. Immediately the king sent out a soldier of his guard, and commanded to bring John's head, and he went and beheaded him in the prison, and brought his head on a platter, and gave it to the young lady; and the young lady gave it to her mother.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#49 May 29, 2012
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
I know where your comming from... But some times it's great to celebrate that their still alive.. And let them know..your still glad that they were born..
My thoughts exactly. In victorian times children's birthdays were celebrated in a big way, especially when they reached five years old. At the time, there were many, many children who died before their fifth birthday, so it was wonderful for the parents that their child had lived that long--and they celebrated.
Pat

Stillman Valley, IL

#50 May 29, 2012
The other occasion where there was tragedy had nothing to do with BIRTHDAY PARTY EITHER
Satan accused Job of having a conditional love for God, but God knew it was unconditional. Therefore, when God allowed the children that he had given Job to be taken away, Job could still worship saying, "...the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord" (Job 1:21). Perfect love for God keeps all things in their right perspective. Jesus reminded us that "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me" (Matthew 10:37). Job was worthy of God.
The real meaning of what happened on both occasions Johns and this one is overlooked by the WT to promote their own agenda and in neither case did these tragedys have anything to do with BIRTHDAY party .

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#51 May 29, 2012
emmaswish wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts exactly. In victorian times children's birthdays were celebrated in a big way, especially when they reached five years old. At the time, there were many, many children who died before their fifth birthday, so it was wonderful for the parents that their child had lived that long--and they celebrated.
That is interesting.. I didn't know that.. But I was aware that many children died in infancy.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#52 May 29, 2012
Pat wrote:
The other occasion where there was tragedy had nothing to do with BIRTHDAY PARTY EITHER
Satan accused Job of having a conditional love for God, but God knew it was unconditional. Therefore, when God allowed the children that he had given Job to be taken away, Job could still worship saying, "...the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord" (Job 1:21). Perfect love for God keeps all things in their right perspective. Jesus reminded us that "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me" (Matthew 10:37). Job was worthy of God.
The real meaning of what happened on both occasions Johns and this one is overlooked by the WT to promote their own agenda and in neither case did these tragedys have anything to do with BIRTHDAY party .
.. The birthdays themselves would have never made headlines ..except that a horrenous event that was important just happened to take place..
Pat

Stillman Valley, IL

#53 May 29, 2012
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
.. The birthdays themselves would have never made headlines ..except that a horrenous event that was important just happened to take place..
Exactly .
Caligula

Ceres, CA

#54 May 29, 2012
I'm just gonna say -

Celebrating birthdays is AWESOME!

Especially when you spent your entire childhood thinking that you didnt matter and were only there to take up a seat at the KH.

I dont care what any Jdub says, they wish they could openly tell their child happy birthday, I'm glad your here! and allow them to feel special on that day.

If they dont then they are just a cold heartless...fish. Lol. Hahaa EE, you wish I said something else. Sorry, I cant feed your desire for obscenity anymore.

“KeepProclaiming Christ Death ”

Since: Dec 09

Cumming, GA

#55 May 31, 2012
eagleeye2 wrote:
Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate birthdays because of their Satanic origins and because of not wanting to join with Satanic worshippers in their rituals today.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism
Satanic holidays
Main article: Satanic holidays
THE MOST IMPORTANT HOLIDAY IN SATANISM IS ONE'S OWN BIRTHDAY,
as it is the birthdate of one's own god.
This is a reminder that the Satanist, committed to true "vital existence", should consider himself (or herself) the most important person in his own life.
LaVey recommends that a Satanist celebrate his own birthday in any way he chooses, with as much pomp and ceremony as he sees fit.
The Satanic celebration of one's birthday can thus be seen as something of a "Black Mass",
by redirecting to oneself the sanctimony and celebration typically reserved for the many "high holy days" commemorating the births of key gods or saints in other religions.
We are not talking about satan your favorite subject. Birth has nothing to do with satan. How on earth did you make that connection?
pam

Bakersfield, CA

#56 May 31, 2012
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we are each other. Yeah!
I was messing around with my camera anmd one of the videos popped up! I have no idea how I did it but if I figure it out I will send them to you!
Cult Defenders are Liars

Lexington, KY

#57 May 31, 2012
Lordylordy9111 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikronboy you add much to this forum with your humorous comments. However, me thinks I can't with a clear conscience celebrate birthdays. Me thinks we are better at a ripe old age and who we [have become] at the end of our life then at the beginning of our life. To celebrate the day of birth is to celebrate a day we do not know who we are yet.
"A name is better than good oil, and the day of death than the day of one’s being born." Ecclesiastes 7:1
You don't think and the only reason you don't celebrate birthdays is because you follow the teachings of a man.

A drunk by the name of Rutherford decided that you can't celebrate birthdays and you follow his decision.

There is no scripture which tells people not to celebrate birthdays.

So, spare us the garbage about you thinking. It's a lie.
Cult Defenders are Liars

Lexington, KY

#58 May 31, 2012
Lordylordy9111 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not talking about satan your favorite subject. Birth has nothing to do with satan. How on earth did you make that connection?
There are exceptions to everything.

Carolyn was thinking about the births of her illegitimate children.
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#59 Jun 1, 2012
Cult Defenders are Liars wrote:
<quoted text>
There are exceptions to everything.
Carolyn was thinking about the births of her illegitimate children.
Her poor children, she has it wrong, they have Satan for a mother.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#60 Jun 1, 2012
pam wrote:
<quoted text>I was messing around with my camera anmd one of the videos popped up! I have no idea how I did it but if I figure it out I will send them to you!
Cool.

“KeepProclaiming Christ Death ”

Since: Dec 09

Cumming, GA

#61 Jun 3, 2012
Cult Defenders are Liars wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think and the only reason you don't celebrate birthdays is because you follow the teachings of a man.
A drunk by the name of Rutherford decided that you can't celebrate birthdays and you follow his decision.
There is no scripture which tells people not to celebrate birthdays.
So, spare us the garbage about you thinking. It's a lie.
I follow only the Bible. There is no signs or mention in the Bible the early Christians celebrated birthday's or mentioned that they celebrated Christ birthday besides the gathering at Christ birth to give recognition and respect on his arrival. What took place at his birth was not celebrating his birthday but his arrival. There were no mention of celebrating his birthday every year thereafter.

“KeepProclaiming Christ Death ”

Since: Dec 09

Cumming, GA

#62 Jun 3, 2012
Cult Defenders are Liars wrote:
<quoted text>
There are exceptions to everything.
Carolyn was thinking about the births of her illegitimate children.
You mean Carolyn isn't perfect? Stop the press!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Today music thread 3 min Alank 1,256
Our 2017 Convention - Do not give up - Galatian... 9 min Alank 171
Invalid Premise 16 min sidgi 29
CHURCHianity: Jesus Pretended to Die for you! (Aug '16) 59 min the Mad JW 1,012
"RESURRECTION"- meaningless in Churchianity! 1 hr the Mad JW 231
News End is nigh for Watchtower sign: Iconic placard... 1 hr Frindly 7
CHRONOLOGY - Discovering the True Christ 2 hr TempleMicrowave 14
The TRUTH or Just Roving About?? 6 hr Jake999 150
News Family of Jehovah's Witness who died after refu... 7 hr Samson 106
HOW did Jesus "raise" his body/soul? 7 hr PrufSammy 125
More from around the web