Jehovah's Witnesses Find Young Boy Tied to a Pole in Miami Beach

May 13, 2013 Read more: Miami New Times 61

A 12-year-old boy in Miami Beach might have been the happiest person ever to spot Jehovah's Witnesses.

Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 May 13, 2013
More then likely ..down the road..the Miami Police will be locking this child up.. where worse things then that will happen to him.. all you have to do is read the news to see that the father was probably at wits end ..with him.. Other parents have locked their kids in closets.. drown them.. shot them etc... And this kid..was pretty much safe.. In a public area.. Kind of a kin to taking a person down town and putting them in the stocks for a day... I'm betting that it served as a deterent to bad conduct..back in it's day.. TO be literally put on Public reproof.

“Tight lines”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2 May 13, 2013
It's bad enough that the kid was chained to the pole but even worse when the Father left him there and went shopping.
The article is dated today but I am guessing this happened on Saturday.
Take a look at the weather report for Miami on May 11th.

“YOUR WT OVERLORD”

Since: Dec 06

Putingrad

#3 May 13, 2013
The facts of this situation will shortly be misrepresented, most likely by HmmmWhorshipingMomster, to make this somehow a crime committed by a JW and, thus, representative of each and every JW on the planet - like the situation with Ariel Castro, a man who was not a JW.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4 May 13, 2013
The father looks like he just got right off the boat.

He was probably fried. And most likely not very responsible to start off with.

Perhaps, both can now get the help they need.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#5 May 13, 2013
florida native wrote:
It's bad enough that the kid was chained to the pole but even worse when the Father left him there and went shopping.
The article is dated today but I am guessing this happened on Saturday.
Take a look at the weather report for Miami on May 11th.
The article said that this occurred on Sunday.

“Tight lines”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6 May 13, 2013
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
The article said that this occurred on Sunday.
I missed that.
Thank you for the correction.
So then, check out Sundays weather report. It should be almost identical to Saturday.
We are in tropical storm season and this weekend was pretty ugly.

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#7 May 13, 2013
What religion were the boy and his father?
Snorkler

Johannesburg, South Africa

#8 May 13, 2013
eagleeye2 wrote:
:)

Location hidden

#9 May 13, 2013
eagleeye2 wrote:
. What earthly difference does it make?? Were talking about a discipline action.. May not have been the smartest action.. but .. maybe he was running out of options.. And your friends racist remarks is just as rediculous.

Location hidden

#10 May 13, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. What earthly difference does it make??
Seriously?????

Location hidden

#11 May 13, 2013
eagleeye2 wrote:
I think it ended up here by roboblogger because a JW rescued him.

Location hidden

#12 May 13, 2013
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?????
. Thou art ever the drama Queen.. YES! Seriously.. What difference does it make ..what.. religion he was????

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#13 May 13, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. Thou art ever the drama Queen.. YES! Seriously.. What difference does it make ..what.. religion he was????
I agree...what difference does it make what religion they were?
It was BAD what that father did, if he was the same religion I was, I would say the same NO matter what!

Could JW's do that? If you say yes, I have a hard time believing that, because it seems most JW's defend ALL JW's no matter what they do!

Location hidden

#14 May 13, 2013
hollieberry wrote:
<quoted text>I agree...what difference does it make what religion they were?
It was BAD what that father did, if he was the same religion I was, I would say the same NO matter what!
Could JW's do that? If you say yes, I have a hard time believing that, because it seems most JW's defend ALL JW's no matter what they do!
And the true Hollie emerges.

Congratulations, Hollie!

Location hidden

#16 May 13, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
your BS doesn't help anyone,
nor have any impact on the Florida state streets,
you are simple bum,
very soon armagedon worse from tropical storm will wipe up a....like yours from this earth.
You crack me up.

Location hidden

#17 May 13, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it make a difference if the father and son were Jehovah's Witnesses? If so, why?

Location hidden

#18 May 13, 2013
hollieberry wrote:
<quoted text>I agree...what difference does it make what religion they were?
So not true. We help each other to stay on the narrow road. If we see our brother taking a wrong path, we let him know. When someone shows they are set on doing bad, we refuse to have anything to do with that person. And we get criticized for what the world calls "shunning" them. If someone repents and determines to get back on the narrow path, we welcome them back and help them again.

Location hidden

#19 May 13, 2013
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it make a difference if the father and son were Jehovah's Witnesses? If so, why?
. To you.. It might.. I fully believe that no matter what religion one is.. there are those that will do wrong.. And the difference is the JW's will deny that the person was ever a witness.. Rather then admit it..

Location hidden

#20 May 13, 2013
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So not true. We help each other to stay on the narrow road. If we see our brother taking a wrong path, we let him know. When someone shows they are set on doing bad, we refuse to have anything to do with that person. And we get criticized for what the world calls "shunning" them. If someone repents and determines to get back on the narrow path, we welcome them back and help them again.
. Yet.. when someone points the so called JW's to that narrow path and tells them what they need to do to stay on it..the so called ones on here throw a hissy fit and call them names..

Since: Feb 07

RI

#21 May 13, 2013
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You let the one know who is taking a "wrong path," or you report him to the elders? How do you know that someone is set on doing bad? Do you get to sit in on the judicial committee meetings where three elders make that determination? You refuse to have anything to do with a person whom the ELDERS deem to be an unrepentant sinner. This may or may not be true. JWs don't act on their own.

Also, YOU have no input on welcoming back a "repentant" one. That, again, is something that is determined by the elders. When THEY decide that the person is sufficiently repentant, THEY tell you that you can now "welcome them back." YOU don't have any input whatsoever.

Why are making it seem as if individual JWs can actually use their own consciences in these matters? They can't. If they do, and they don't follow what the elders TELL them to do, they risk being shunned themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Praise Jehovah (Jul '13) 7 min dee lightful 2,116
Could Jehovah create a rock too big for him to ... 12 min Maravilla 23
Most calling themselves "Christian" haven't a c... 30 min Cindy 27
virginia 33 min Cindy 6
What Event marked the Start of the Gentile Times? 35 min imagoodboy 135
JW Christ Memorial Tract: No Bread or Wine Pict... 44 min BetheljudgmentDan... 8
Independant thinking. 53 min Spike 169
Do Jehovah's witnesses believe in Jesus for sal... 1 hr little lamb 350
Poll How Will You Respond to Return to Jehovah booklet? 2 hr RedhorseWoman 163
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 2 hr lovewithin 2,939
A 'Governing Body' or the Bible- which is Param... 3 hr Nedoba 100
More from around the web