JW's losing blood battle
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Brantford, Canada

#1 Dec 24, 2012
Fantastic article up here in Canada about jw's and blood.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2012/12/20/witho...
wilson

Birmingham, AL

#2 Dec 24, 2012
This story is a lot of hooey!
There is no ban on blood nor anything else by Jehovah's Witnesses.
The Bible itself contains no bans on any worshippers of Jehovah.
Blood was prohibited to the Israelites just as it is to JWs today - but this prohibition comes from the Bible itself - not from JWs.

I would like Stingo to show me anywhere in our literature where anything was "BANNED" or forbidden to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Can you do that, Stingo?

Brantford, Canada

#3 Dec 24, 2012
This kinda sounds like a threat to me, what do you think?

Blood, Medicine and the Law of God, 1961, p. 5

Jehovah's witnesses... know that if they violate God's law on blood and the child dies in the process, they have endangered that child's opportunity for everlasting life in God's new world.

How about this one?

Awake! 8th September 1956 p20

While this physician argues for the use of certain blood fractions, particularly albumin, such also come under the Scriptural ban. In fact, these fractions are being used not only by physicians but also by food processors, and so it would be well to note the labels on such products to see if they contain any blood substances or fractions. When in doubt, it would be best to do without.

Satisfied, or do you need to huff and puff about it some more?

Since: Dec 07

Melbourne, Australia

#4 Dec 25, 2012
JWs are permitted to use the common everyday products that contain blood.

JWs are permitted to have any vaccination that contain blood products. The WTS places no ban on these.

JWs are permitted the medical use of many products derived from blood. Medical practice does not commonly use whole blood, anyway.

Doug

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5 Dec 25, 2012
wilson wrote:
Blood was prohibited to the Israelites just as it is to JWs today - but this prohibition comes from the Bible itself - not from JWs.
I would like Stingo to show me anywhere in our literature where anything was "BANNED" or forbidden to Jehovah's Witnesses.
Can you do that, Stingo?
wilson...

Will you tell us how it was possible for Jews and Gentiles to drain a carcass from its coagulated blood, before they eat the carcass... in a distress situation without taking the annimals life... because who will eat a carcass when there is fresh food available... especially not Jews granted with a higher standarrd than the surrounding nations...?

Tell us if a Jew or a Gentile eating a carcass, did they alos eat the carcass coagulated blood or not... and remark they wasn't cut off Leviticus 17:15...?

The opposite situation was when a kill has been performed and a life taken... and a Jew or a Gentile liberally eat the blood... there was no exeptions they was to be cut off... Leviticus 17:13...

Above is i harmony with Jesus words... that a life is more precious and holy than maintaining the law and a metaphor for life... the blood in question of emergency situations... when an annimals life was at risk what more a mans life... Matthew 12:1-8...
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#6 Dec 25, 2012
All the ethicists stress, as well, that some Jehovah’s Witnesses do not agree with the blood ban, but are anxious that their green light to transfusion be kept confidential.

“Some families are really more concerned about other Jehovah’s Witnesses finding out they consented to the blood transfusion,” said Ms. Seller.

Very telling indeed
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#7 Dec 25, 2012
Doug Mason wrote:
JWs are permitted to have any vaccination that contain blood products. The WTS places no ban on these.
JWs are permitted the medical use of many products derived from blood. Medical practice does not commonly use whole blood, anyway.
Doug
Yup

Location hidden

#8 Dec 25, 2012
Doug Mason wrote:
Doug
Doug Mason...

Does this also include red and white blood cells, plasma and platelets...?

The Governing Bodys accept that tons of killed animals blood can be stored and that their members get use of this source... e.g. the hemoglobin... which makes up the major part of the non water blood...:HUH

Is this in harmony with their doctrines and teachings, based at Genesis 9:4 Leviticus 17:13 and Acts 15:20,29...?

Location hidden

#9 Dec 25, 2012
Doug Mason wrote:
Doug
Doug Mason...

What about autologious blood transfusions, are they not practiced anymore and if JWs can accept derivates from human donated blood, why arent they allowed to donate blood, which even could save their own family members and fellow human lives...:HUH:

Isn't this behaviour hypocritical... getting use of others donated blood... but the Governing Bodys are banning members from donating blood...?

Jesus states... Do against others what you expect them to do against you...:HUH:

Location hidden

#10 Dec 25, 2012
wilson wrote:
Can you do that, Stingo?
Wilson...

I believe that Stingo without any doubt have prooved that the Governing Bodys have banned medical treatment with derivates of blood... which is based at threats and with sanctions... strictly in opposition to what comes forth in 1 Peter 5.3 and 2 Corinthians 1:24.

The Governing Bodys praiced blood transfusions after WWII. Shortly after blood transfusions and derivates was totally banned and due to this... they have sent thousands and other thousanmds of Christian Minded persons and their children into a premature death... and they continus to bury... Jeremiah 8:8,9 and 7:21,32.

They are still banning red and white blood cells, plasma and platelets and autologious blood transfusions before a planned operation.

At the other hand they accept that a member can be tapped for a certain volume of blood for treatment, disconnected from the body and circulatory system, for hours and days, as long as it is a question of an ongoing therapy...

This is very logically...

The Governing Bodys are banning medical treatment with whole blood... but both ban and accept autologious blood transfusions... under different circumstances... An autologious blood transfusion is a transfusion of the donors own whole blood...:HUH:

Followers of Jim Jones and the Governing Bodys can't make a free consious choise in question of medical treatment with blood and derivates and if someone dare to go against their evil and weird doctrines of men, they will simply be cast out of their relligion as apostates, stamped as persons which have left and turned their back to God and family and friend members will be shunned...:HUH:

I will recommend you and readers to visit www.ajwrb.org

References:

The Watchtower Awake magazine from May 22, 1994.

Internal Watchtower publication, Kingdom Ministry from November 2006.
little lamb

Australia

#11 Dec 25, 2012
Every Christian should be concerned about the commandment to 'abstain from BLOOD"

This is where one personally stands on the command.

And I don.t eat dead animals lying about in the field, so Veritas arguments are null and void to me... and I don't have immunizations that contain blood products, and I will not use products if I know they contain BLOOD..I have also refused medical usage of BLOOD...

So I encourage all to obey the commandment to 'abstain from BLOOD' and I am not swayed by how many believe it or obey it..it has to do with obeying and fearing the true God Jehovah..and believing his word above the reasonings and arguments of men.

Location hidden

#12 Dec 26, 2012
little lamb wrote:
Every Christian should be concerned about the commandment to 'abstain from BLOOD"
This is where one personally stands on the command.
And I don.t eat dead animals lying about in the field, so Veritas arguments are null and void to me... and I don't have immunizations that contain blood products, and I will not use products if I know they contain BLOOD..I have also refused medical usage of BLOOD...
So I encourage all to obey the commandment to 'abstain from BLOOD' and I am not swayed by how many believe it or obey it..it has to do with obeying and fearing the true God Jehovah..and believing his word above the reasonings and arguments of men.
Little lamb...

I really hope that you will not end up in a distress situation without food... You seems to reject the reality that jews and Gentiles could eat a carcass with all its coagulated blood in... in a distresss situation without perfoming a kill... without being cut of... if it was a gross violation oif Gods law... Leviticus 17.15 opposite Leviticus 17:13 where a life hase been taken...:HUH:

Have you ever consider your responsibility against God if just one person die due to your teachings and recommendations...?

Do you really believe that it will be sufficient to state against God and His Judge Jesus Christ... that I was mind controlled by or told of the Governing Bodys and their elders to believe that the blood was more holy than the life itself... rather than let it be up to each individual to make a personal decission... Matthew 12:1-8 and the principles hereof...

By your idols and your interpretation of Acts 15:20,29... you have maked Paul to an apostate since he allowed the eating of meat sacrificed to idols... and only if it violated or maked another fellow human to stumble... then he would nerevr eath meat sacrificed to idols... You properly know that Gods Kingdom is not a querstion of eatings... Do you...?

Acts 15 was a question of that converting Jews would like that the gentile Christioans should follow the Law and therefore it is a question of recommendations to create peace in the new Christian Congregation... nothing more or less and fornication have always hurt others and are not good in any sence and respect.
TPMP

New York, NY

#13 Dec 27, 2012
Perhaps, some of you may find this helpful.

Hospitals that offer bloodless surgeries in the US.

http://www.noblood.org/community/3088-list-ho...
wilson

Birmingham, AL

#14 Dec 27, 2012
Stingo wrote:
This kinda sounds like a threat to me, what do you think?
Blood, Medicine and the Law of God, 1961, p. 5
Jehovah's witnesses... know that if they violate God's law on blood and the child dies in the process, they have endangered that child's opportunity for everlasting life in God's new world.
How about this one?
Awake! 8th September 1956 p20
While this physician argues for the use of certain blood fractions, particularly albumin, such also come under the Scriptural ban. In fact, these fractions are being used not only by physicians but also by food processors, and so it would be well to note the labels on such products to see if they contain any blood substances or fractions. When in doubt, it would be best to do without.
Satisfied, or do you need to huff and puff about it some more?
Threat? I think you'd do well to check your definition of that word.

Blood, Medicine and the Law of God, and Awake! 9/8/56 are not available to me, so you can make any claim. You would you do us all a favor, though, if you would not mind quoting exactly what those publications say on the subject.
Remember, we're looking for the words "forbidden, banned, prohibited, disallowed," and words like those.

And there is no use in trying to cloud issue with unnecessary talk about children dying, albumin, blood fractions and the like because those topics are beside the point.
We want to see you prove that anything is banned by and to JWs, particularly in our publications.

We will not be sidetracked.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 28, 2012
TPMP wrote:
Perhaps, some of you may find this helpful.
Hospitals that offer bloodless surgeries in the US.
http://www.noblood.org/community/3088-list-ho...
TPMP...

I have never advocated for the use of blood... but there are situations where lives are at risk... e.g Leviticus 17:15... where Jews and Gentiles wasn't cut of for eating a carcass with its coagulated blood... in an emergency situation... and it should always have been up to each individual to make a personal decission without threats and sanctions, strictly in opposition to what comes forth in 1 Peter 5:3, 2 Corinthians 1:24... comparred with matthew 12:1-8 and the principles hereof.

Thousands and other thousands of Christian minded persons and their children have been crippled and sent into a premature death due to the Governing Bodys ever changing evil and weird doctrines of men... which have built a religious house without a railing wherefore they carry at a huge bloodguilt... Genesis 9:5,6, Revelation 21:8.

References:

Awake Magazine from May 22, 1994

Kingdom Ministry, November 2006.

Brantford, Canada

#16 Dec 28, 2012
wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
Threat? I think you'd do well to check your definition of that word.
Blood, Medicine and the Law of God, and Awake! 9/8/56 are not available to me, so you can make any claim. You would you do us all a favor, though, if you would not mind quoting exactly what those publications say on the subject.
Remember, we're looking for the words "forbidden, banned, prohibited, disallowed," and words like those.
And there is no use in trying to cloud issue with unnecessary talk about children dying, albumin, blood fractions and the like because those topics are beside the point.
We want to see you prove that anything is banned by and to JWs, particularly in our publications.
We will not be sidetracked.
You should be embarrassed. I quoted the scriptural ban, yet you still ask to see the word banned. That is as blind as you get. Now why is it that I have access to your publications and you don't? Oh that's right, your lying aren't you?

You bleed persecution complex. Use the exact words I asked you! It doesn't matter that the words I quoted have the same implications, they're not the same. Then out of pure laziness you won't even look up the quotes. I know exactly where this is going, the brainwashed are easy to read. I could provide you with a gb member and you'd be singing at the top of your lungs with your fingers so deep in your ears I'd be concerned about permanent damage.
wilson

Birmingham, AL

#17 Dec 28, 2012
Stingo wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be embarrassed. I quoted the scriptural ban, yet you still ask to see the word banned. That is as blind as you get. Now why is it that I have access to your publications and you don't? Oh that's right, your lying aren't you?
You bleed persecution complex. Use the exact words I asked you! It doesn't matter that the words I quoted have the same implications, they're not the same. Then out of pure laziness you won't even look up the quotes. I know exactly where this is going, the brainwashed are easy to read. I could provide you with a gb member and you'd be singing at the top of your lungs with your fingers so deep in your ears I'd be concerned about permanent damage.
On the contrary, the embarrassment is entirely yours.
I said this story is a lot hooey and you just proved me right.
You mentioned nothing from the Scriptures.
You have not proved your claims of bans being imposed on JWs by anybody connected to the organization.
If it is a scriptural ban as you now claim, how can we be wrong for obeying it?

Why you would insist on perpetrating a lie can only be understood in the context of Jesus' words:
“YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie].”(John 8:44)

If you have to lie to make a point, it it only because you are working with meager resources.

aadriver

Since: Aug 09

Bedfordshire, England

#18 Dec 28, 2012
wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, the embarrassment is entirely yours.
I said this story is a lot hooey and you just proved me right.
You mentioned nothing from the Scriptures.
You have not proved your claims of bans being imposed on JWs by anybody connected to the organization.
If it is a scriptural ban as you now claim, how can we be wrong for obeying it?
Why you would insist on perpetrating a lie can only be understood in the context of Jesus' words:
“YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie].”(John 8:44)
If you have to lie to make a point, it it only because you are working with meager resources.
Wilson all you have to do is ask the circuit overseer, if it is now ok to have whole blood, because you do not think the bible means blood transfusion. Also that you have been talking to others about your new views. Your feet would not touch the ground. Even if you are not disfellowshipped openly they will say you have disassosiated yourself by refusing to abide by Watchtower doctrine. Either way the result will be the same. You will be shunned by family and former friends.Try it and see!
wilson

Birmingham, AL

#19 Dec 28, 2012
aadriver wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilson all you have to do is ask the circuit overseer, if it is now ok to have whole blood, because you do not think the bible means blood transfusion. Also that you have been talking to others about your new views. Your feet would not touch the ground. Even if you are not disfellowshipped openly they will say you have disassosiated yourself by refusing to abide by Watchtower doctrine. Either way the result will be the same. You will be shunned by family and former friends.Try it and see!
That is all irrelevant!
I want you to show me a single page in our literature where a ban has been placed on anything, or any person has been ordered, prohibited, forbidden, restricted, from doing anything they want to do.

I'm not asking too much - am I?
Tao itness

United States

#20 Dec 28, 2012
The hole blood law was instituted to show respect for the life taken from the animal and the life giver of it. The JWs use it to take life away-how sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Churchoids- Tell us what U think Angels are! (Sep '16) 4 min Tony Price 77 158
Other JW Forums? 10 min Tony Price 77 25
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 12 min TempleBBQ 11,962
Another thread vanishes 15 min I_know_better_now 4
Rebuking Satan 36 min PrufSammy 51
What does "abstain from blood" mean? 44 min rsss11 433
What Does the Bible Really Teach ... About Wate... 1 hr pcloadletter 37
CHURCHianity: Jesus Pretended to Die for you! (Aug '16) 1 hr rsss11 1,618
Let's try this again...Is it nature or environm... 2 hr Boni 30