Another JW jumps to death
First Prev
of 117
Next Last
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#1 Dec 30, 2011
http://gothamist.com/2011/12/29/jehovahs_witn...

How sad, 5-10 x the rate of the rest of the population!!

Another "Witness to the World", of just how evil the Jehovah's Witness cult is.
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#3 Dec 30, 2011
He was probably disfellowshipped posthumously.
That is usually how it works, to attempt to hide the fact that depression and suicide rates are astronomical in the Jehovah's Witness cult.

Judged:

12

11

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#4 Dec 30, 2011
http://www.culthelp.info/index.php...

Wow, how true!!

Sure does an excellent job of explaining some of the reasons why miserable Jehovah's Witnesses have 5-10 times the suicide rate of the general population.
hMMMM

Aurora, IL

#5 Dec 30, 2011
"The single most common reason for suicide among Jehovah Witnesses is the cults focus on death and destruction. Dedicated Witnesses want non-Witnesses to be killed. They want their fellow man to be executed by an angry god. Day after day an almost romantic lust for death and destruction is instilled in cult members. This death lust is stroked by a never ending stream of pictures and literature glorifying death and destruction"

http://www.culthelp.info/index.php...
red blood relative

United States

#6 Dec 30, 2011
hMMMMM wrote:
He was probably disfellowshipped posthumously.
That is usually how it works, to attempt to hide the fact that depression and suicide rates are astronomical in the Jehovah's Witness cult.
thats exactly how they come up with their own statistics.

i don't know about this particular case but here's how the suicide thoughts go.... they love god and want to do whats right, and they run into a wicked pharisee elder who is a creep dictator who loves to rule but is basically a two faced liar..... then this dictator notices that particular person thinks he's a little off or something, and so the dictator starts spreading rumors and taking cheap shots at him..... so the person trys his best to get it straightened out, since he thinks its god's organization with the holy spirit and all, but trying to get it straightened out makes it ten time worse, and now the pharisee dictator has got the rest of the elders in on it, and they are spreading rumors about him and removing priveliges and giving special needs talks slandering the person without mentioning his name, and his friends are backing off, cause they are taking the advice of the wicked elders to mark the person.

........ so then the person starts thinking god must hate me, cause this is his organization, and everywhere i go i get hated and persecuted in it..... so they pray and pray and pray, and try to get it straightened out, but it gets worse and worse until the whole congregation is marking him......then they go into a depression, and the elders tell him its probably because he has secret sins and god is pushing him out of his organzation....

and the marking and shunning continues until he can't take any more as he is thinking GOD MUST HATE ME..... so he kills himself..... then, everyone says, see, i told you he was wicked.
he must have been doing really wicked stuff, and wouldn't confess and straighten out.

then the elders decide to give another special needs talk telling the congregation to be sure not to admit to anyone that he was a jw, or at least say he was not a REAL JW.
Hoodwinked

Yorba Linda, CA

#7 Dec 30, 2011
Really sad :( I looks like he was begging for help..." many said they saw coming."

30 Dec 2011 11:51 AM EST
-by Alex Mangini, Staff Writer; Image: Suicide crime scene (Image Source: Daily News)

According to police, a 48-year-old man jumped to his death from a Brooklyn rooftop Wednesday in front of a crowd of witnesses, reports the Daily News.

Dwayne Fagan, a Jehovah’s Witness, jumped the 15 stories to commit a suicide that many said they saw coming.

The Greenwich Diva says that Fagan allegedly sent several text messages to a family member warning that he was about to hurt himself.

“I saw him land—it was so loud,” said eyewitness Antoinette George, 25, who lives in the same building.“I thought someone had thrown an air conditioner off the roof. I screamed and screamed for a minute straight.”

Fagan “warned of hurting himself in a series of disturbing texts messages between him and a family member,” a police source said.

“All his limbs were broken,” George said.“He was lifeless.”

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#8 Dec 30, 2011
His research revealed a whopping 10.4 percent of the Witnesses had previous criminal convictions, about half of which were for sexual offenses, mostly pedophilia and exhibitionism. The rest of the criminal connections were for minor property or person offenses. He did not compare the mental illness rate of Jehovah's Witnesses to the population as a whole, but concluded that the rate among Witnesses was far higher than the rate among non-Witnesses. The Watchtower influence was often not positive, and there was no evidence that it had in the long run helped those who had emotional problems when they joined. Evidence was found, though, that the Watchtower had an adverse effect on many regardless of their adjustment level when they became involved.

http://www.seanet.com/~raines/mental.html

Since: Mar 09

United States

#9 Dec 30, 2011
Propaganda. This happens rarely in our Org. In most of my 70+ years, with JW's and as one, I know of only two cases, however they were people who had problems outside of being "around" JW's. Both had mental issues, which can happen to anyone, no matter what religion they are. I say around, because they seemed to visit sometimes, more than anything else. Of course, I believe Jehovah GOD takes all situations into account, and Christ will resurrect each if he deems thm to be worthy. I don't believe suicide per se, will necessarily prevent one coming back.
red blood relative

United States

#10 Dec 31, 2011
Nomi wrote:
Propaganda. This happens rarely in our Org. In most of my 70+ years, with JW's and as one, I know of only two cases, however they were people who had problems outside of being "around" JW's. Both had mental issues, which can happen to anyone, no matter what religion they are. I say around, because they seemed to visit sometimes, more than anything else. Of course, I believe Jehovah GOD takes all situations into account, and Christ will resurrect each if he deems thm to be worthy. I don't believe suicide per se, will necessarily prevent one coming back.
but you are a know liar, nomi.... a jw pr rep who claims to be an old lady invalid whom no jws visit, and who cannot get hooked up to jw meetings by phone because its too complicated.... but you can post here and know all the jw tricks.

so how is anything you say valid?.... all you have is propaganda.
i don't mean to seem to be mean to you nomi, but you are just a lying jw pr rep who thinks its ok to lie because you are convinced it's god's organization, and you need to tell lies to defend it at all cost, since its god's organization,.... appointed by the fake coming of jesus in 1874....errr i mean 1914 err wait
TPMP

New York, NY

#11 Dec 31, 2011
Nomi wrote:
Propaganda. This happens rarely in our Org. In most of my 70+ years, with JW's and as one, I know of only two cases, however they were people who had problems outside of being "around" JW's. Both had mental issues, which can happen to anyone, no matter what religion they are. I say around, because they seemed to visit sometimes, more than anything else. Of course, I believe Jehovah GOD takes all situations into account, and Christ will resurrect each if he deems thm to be worthy. I don't believe suicide per se, will necessarily prevent one coming back.
Well said, Nomi
hMMMM

Aurora, IL

#12 Dec 31, 2011
Nomi wrote:
Propaganda. This happens rarely in our Org..
Nomi, how sad that your bragging about your lack of education is showing.
The Watchtower CAN print propaganda, and it does.
Actual news sources cannot.
The Jehovah's Witnesses have suicide rates 5-10X higher than the national average.
Just because your cult posthumously kicks a suicide victim out, or blames the suicide on "headaches", changes nothing.

How sad that instead of the WBTS addressing this serious mental health issue of its members, they just ignore it.
I guess because Jehovah's witnesses really are headed by Satan himself.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#13 Dec 31, 2011
hMMMMM wrote:
http://gothamist.com/2011/12/2 9/jehovahs_witness_jumps_to_de ath_in.php
How sad, 5-10 x the rate of the rest of the population!!
Another "Witness to the World", of just how evil the Jehovah's Witness cult is.
How unbelievably horrible. Do they not understand the games they play with people's hearts, minds and spirituality have a very profound effect. This is very sad indeed.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#14 Dec 31, 2011
JW's teach the Truth of GOD's Word...not "play" with anyone's head. Bible Truth does not hurt anyone.

“Psalms 47:1-9”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#15 Jan 1, 2012
hMMMMM wrote:
http://gothamist.com/2011/12/2 9/jehovahs_witness_jumps_to_de ath_in.php
How sad, 5-10 x the rate of the rest of the population!!
Another "Witness to the World", of just how evil the Jehovah's Witness cult is.
"According to the Cult Awareness And Information Center and other reports, Jehovah's Witnesses commit suicide at a rate far exceeding (5-10 times greater) the general population."

I see the fake JW's here didn't like you bringing this here!
I am glad you did. They do seem to have suicides amongst themselves quite a bit.
Too much stress for some people.
Very sad.

“Psalms 47:1-9”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#16 Jan 1, 2012
Nomi wrote:
Propaganda. This happens rarely in our Org. In most of my 70+ years, with JW's and as one, I know of only two cases, however they were people who had problems outside of being "around" JW's. Both had mental issues, which can happen to anyone, no matter what religion they are. I say around, because they seemed to visit sometimes, more than anything else. Of course, I believe Jehovah GOD takes all situations into account, and Christ will resurrect each if he deems thm to be worthy. I don't believe suicide per se, will necessarily prevent one coming back.
Anyone that commits suicide has mental issues.
According to the WTS suicide is murder.
People that are dying of things like cancer or other dieseases also commit suicde on occasion.
I have never seen the Society ever say that some might be ok and worthy of ressurection.
If anyone can point me to an article they printed that says otherwise would be appreciated.
Pat

Stillman Valley, IL

#17 Jan 1, 2012
Old Lady Pam wrote:
<quoted text>"According to the Cult Awareness And Information Center and other reports, Jehovah's Witnesses commit suicide at a rate far exceeding (5-10 times greater) the general population."
I see the fake JW's here didn't like you bringing this here!
I am glad you did. They do seem to have suicides amongst themselves quite a bit.
Too much stress for some people.
Very sad.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
When Jesus was put on the back burner so was this promise , so stress , fear , anger , and all things that can cause deep depression take over lives.
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” The Apostle Paul . What is there to delight in when we place Christ in a back seat , we are left with NOTHING to live for .Without Christ in our lives we become hopeless , angry and filled with hate even self hate suicide becomes an out .It is sad.

Since: Feb 08

Germantown, MD

#18 Jan 1, 2012
All I can say is I have known several who have killed themselves and one was directly linked to his standing as a JW and the pressure he felt to succeed at a high leval. His own family push him to his death imo. Many others thought that as well.

To be fair to that family and others who have gone through suicide even when you try hard to help they can still kill themselves it does happen. Sending a text sounds like a cry for help it is very sad.
eagleeye

Shawnee, KS

#19 Jan 1, 2012
http://www.scbaptist.org/pastoralministriesan...

Clergy, BHS confront ‘the hardest issue’

"Experts say clergy suicide is a rare outcome to a common problem. But Baptists in the Carolinas are soul searching after a spate of suicides and suicide attempts by pastors. In addition to the September suicide of David Treadway, two others in North Carolina attempted suicide, and three in South Carolina succeeded, all in the last four years."

http://www.klamathbasincrisis.org/siskiyou/cl...

By BRAD SMITH, Siskiyou Daily News, June 22, 2007

Arden Carr, system administrator for the Mental Health Services Act for BHS

SISKIYOU COUNTY – Addressing a group of fellow ministers, nurses, social workers and concerned citizens, Pastor Jeff Whitney of Yreka’s Church of the Nazarene recalled the few times he’s officiated at the funerals of suicide victims.

“It’s one of the hardest things that I’ve ever done. It has an impact on people ... it’s difficult to understand,” he said.

On Tuesday night, Whitney and members from the Northern Siskiyou Ministerial Association, along with others, met at the Church of the Nazarene for a workshop about suicide intervention and response.

The workshop was the first of a planned three-pronged process created in response to the number of suicides this year in the community. To date, according to figures obtained from the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Department, more than 13 Siskiyou County residents have taken their own lives since the beginning of the year. Last year ended with eight reported deaths by suicide; in 2005, the number was 38 ; in 2004, 19.

“Tonight, we focus on the faith-based leadership – ministers and pastors, us,” he said.“The next meeting will be about each pastor and church forming a response and intervention plan; the third meeting will be about educating church congregations.”
eagleeye

Shawnee, KS

#20 Jan 1, 2012
Suicide is very, very sad for the ones left behind. I certainly have had first-hand experience with it. Unless one has suffered the depth of depression that leads to suicide, one cannot judge those who have experienced that degree of blackness and hopelessness. Brain chemicals are involved. Human imperfection, disease, and injuries can cause the brain to stop producing chemicals needed to maintain a normal mood.

As seen in the news often and recently, people sometimes make terrible life choices and become so despondent that they take their own lives, seeing no way out of their circumstances or not wishing to take the punishment or other consequences.

There is no reason to think that someone who commits suicide has less chance of being resurrected. Everyone gets the chance to repent of their sins and ask God's forgiveness. A person who commits suicide could not do that unless they are resurrected. Jehovah God wants everyone to come to repentance and live.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#21 Jan 1, 2012
A problem common among Jehovah's Witnesses is the feeling that they are not going to make it to live past Armageddon. Even though they keep a rigorous schedule of activities designed to earn them a righteous standing with Jehovah, the Witnesses themselves are keenly aware that they fall far short of the perfect standard set by God.

Why do so many Jehovah's Witnesses consider suicide? The Watchtower has made surviving Armageddon a major goal for every Jehovah's Witness, but it is not an easy goal. The Society teaches that only faithful Jehovah's Witnesses qualify to survive Armageddon but faithfulness is not good enough unless one finishes completely faithful. Any slacking off before Armageddon may disqualify you. The entire world including disqualified Jehovah's Witnesses will be killed by such things as earthquakes, fire, hailstones, lightning and floods. According to the Watchtower, everyone alive on earth at the time of Armageddon who is not a faithful Jehovah's Witness will be executed by Jehovah God and will never see a resurrection. But what about people who have died before Armageddon? The Watchtower's teaching is that everyone who dies before Armageddon, aside from Jehovah's Witnesses who have been expelled from the Watchtower Society, will go into the common grave of mankind and all will be resurrected onto paradise earth to have a second chance. That means that all Jehovah's Witnesses and non-Jehovah's Witnesses alike get a second chance as long as they die before Armageddon.
Why does death guarantee a resurrection into paradise yet being alive at the time of Armageddon means destruction for everyone not worthy enough? The Watchtower falsely teaches that at death one's record of sin is wiped clean. Because of this clean slate, a person is fully qualified for a resurrection.
But for Jehovah's Witnesses who are alive at the time of Armageddon, their slate has not been wiped clean, therefore their acceptance in Jehovah's eyes will be based on the amount of their good works and their faithfulness to the organization. If you ask a Jehovah's Witness if they have done enough, if they are worthy enough of surviving Armageddon, you will find that they do not have any assurance of their survival. The best that they can say is "I hope that I have been faithful enough. I hope that I have done enough." But today's good works are never enough to give them assurance, because any slacking before Armageddon, any tiredness in their regiment of good works would disqualify them from life.
++more to follow++

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 117
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another REASON why the NWT is the best Bible ever! 4 min pcll 1,210
Why Do Animals Grow Old and Die? 13 min rsss1 773
Help needed 15 min rsss1 97
Nomi can you answer my question? 22 min frgoad 2
Taoism, Meditation and Jehovah's Witnesses. (Mar '13) 35 min Jimbo 35
Who is Jesus? 57 min curtjester1 121
The Holy Spirit 1 hr curtjester1 77
Let's try this again, 144,000 ONLY? No jw has b... 1 hr dee rightful 4,387
WT must pay $4,000 a day. 3 hr Bobby 61
More from around the web