Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#301 Oct 31, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>Now THAT I find interesting.:-) Richardnak and several others have brought up some valid points from sources other than the Watchtower, including comments of some great religious leaders as well as reasoning from the Bible, using other translations, not the New World Translation, reasoning on who Michael and the trinity may or may not be, yet not only do you refuse to acknowledge their validity, but proclaim that you are losing interest.:-) OK, you're losing interest. I was not, and it's been an interesting conversation, I will say that. Have a good night, hope you are safe, dry, and warm.
Hi miseracord,

The footnote on Exodus 3:14, that I presented was taken directly from the New Americam Bible, to my knowledge, the latest translation from the Catholic church.

Location hidden

#302 Oct 31, 2012
apple wrote:
Michael "is one" of the chief princes, which places him in a group of other chief princes. How large that group is we are not told. Michael is in a group of equals. Michael could not be Christ, as Christ is not described as one of equals. Christ is described in John 3:16, as "one and only Son." The Greek for "only" is, "monogenes," one of a kind or unique one. Again this shows that Michael cannot be Christ.
Barack Obama is the commander and chief of the military forces of the United States of America.

Chevez is the commander and chief of the military forces of Venezuela.

They are both commander and chief of their respective nations. Does that make them equal in power?

Michael was the spiritual chief prince of the Nation of Israel.

The ten nations of the lands of Canaan, were all more powerful and populace than the nation of Israel. But were any of those chief spirit princes of those ten nations equal to the chief spirit prince of Israel? Or how about all ten of together at the same time?

Michael was in a class all by himself. He has no equal.

“Close enough”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#303 Oct 31, 2012
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. May he is factioned like blood componants.. you think?
hope henze answers you.

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#304 Oct 31, 2012
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi miseracord,
The footnote on Exodus 3:14, that I presented was taken directly from the New Americam Bible, to my knowledge, the latest translation from the Catholic church.
Thanks, Richardnak. I understand. Most Hebrew scholars would be able to tell what that description means. There is simply no stumbling block that remains to keep a person down for those who love Jehovah. Spiritual words for spiritual persons. One cannot force understanding on someone who does not want to understand, because Jehovah is greater than all of us, and if HE wants to, He can give a person understanding. Take care. We can only try to explain what we have come to understand. After that, it's in Jehovah's hands.

Location hidden

#305 Oct 31, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Richardnak. I understand. Most Hebrew scholars would be able to tell what that description means. There is simply no stumbling block that remains to keep a person down for those who love Jehovah. Spiritual words for spiritual persons. One cannot force understanding on someone who does not want to understand, because Jehovah is greater than all of us, and if HE wants to, He can give a person understanding. Take care. We can only try to explain what we have come to understand. After that, it's in Jehovah's hands.
miseracord,

Just a note, the NAB is a very good translation, much more accurate than most all of the many others.

It is online here> http://www.usccb.org/bible/books-of-the-bible...
3inone

Hamilton, OH

#306 Oct 31, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Richardnak. I understand. Most Hebrew scholars would be able to tell what that description means. There is simply no stumbling block that remains to keep a person down for those who love Jehovah. Spiritual words for spiritual persons. One cannot force understanding on someone who does not want to understand, because Jehovah is greater than all of us, and if HE wants to, He can give a person understanding. Take care. We can only try to explain what we have come to understand. After that, it's in Jehovah's hands.
Are you investigating the Catholic Church?
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#307 Oct 31, 2012
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. Question.. If he literally comes on a cloud ..as a man... The earth being round.. How would all see him at the same time??
Have you ever been to a planetarium where the heavens, planet ,stars are all laid out. Since Jesus has all authority in heaven and earth he can do it..He can re-arange the arrangement of the planet perhaps. We don't know how he will do it but I have no doubt that it will be spectacular and that Jesus will fulfill the scripture and all eyes will see him as he returns on a cloud, while being annouced by the blare of trumpets and the voice of Michael announcing the arrival of our King of Kings as befitting a King.

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#308 Oct 31, 2012
3inone wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you investigating the Catholic Church?
Why would you ask me that?

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#309 Oct 31, 2012
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
miseracord,
Just a note, the NAB is a very good translation, much more accurate than most all of the many others.
thanks, Richardnak. I usually use www.bible.org for the many translations and commentaries it provides, it's easy to navigate, but I'll certainly look up the website you indicate for the NAB. Of course, I generally read the NWT for my personal Bible reading, but it is helpful to use other translations in discussions or when doing research to clarify a point.

United States

#310 Oct 31, 2012
Anyone who has real understanding of the Bible will understand that Michael and Jesus are the same....becuae it makes perfect sense.

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#311 Oct 31, 2012
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
miseracord,
About Exodus 3:14, Richardnak, I would like to say that many orthodox Jews believe that the Messiah will be God. There are quite a few explanations about it. When Jesus said that he lived (existed, was) in heaven before Abraham, the Jews took up stones because they didn't like him, and because they felt he was making himself God. Their concept of who or what the Messiah is or would be also changes from time to time. and age to age. Verification of this with rabbinic comments can be found at http://www.studytoanswer.net/judaism/jahtsidq... , among other sites. And -- I say this with a smile -- ask any rabbi. Regardless of translation, the concept of what religious or orthodox Jews believe now or believed when Jesus was on the earth is important in order to understand the context and reaction. Jesus clinched the issue when he replied that even IF he were called god (but not Hashem, or the name of YHWH) it would not be a sin, since he knew he was the anointed one of God (the "branch" as orthodox Jewry would readily acknowledge), and because he said that the scriptures themselves call human judges as Elohim, gods, or God, God-like ones, of course he also said that Jehovah would hide this knowledge from those who do not seek or want to understand. By seeing, they would not see, and by hearing, they would not hear.

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#312 Oct 31, 2012
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi miseracord,
I happen to have the NAB in my collection of translations, I'll look it up. Thanks.
3inone

Grafton, OH

#313 Nov 1, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>I happen to have the NAB in my collection of translations, I'll look it up. Thanks.
Are you still investigating the Catholic tradition?

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#314 Nov 1, 2012
3inone wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still investigating the Catholic tradition?
Why do you ask?

Since: Apr 10

Cape Town, South Africa

#315 Nov 1, 2012
"Maravilla"]
. Question.. If he literally comes on a cloud ..as a man... The earth being round.. How would all see him at the same time??

>>Dont know if you have a TV and watch the news , but I do !

>.Even given the fact that you dont have a tv at that moment Jesus returns in power and glory the disciples asked Jesus almost similar to yours in which Jesus replied!

>.Where the carcass are the eagles gather !

>.Just how to eagles get to the carcass ! They fly of course ! At the coming of Jesus our bodies will be transformed from a natural to a supernartual, immortal body, it will be able to what your current body cannot do! Jesus said we will be like the angels , angels have the abilitty to be here and back in heaven !

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#316 Nov 1, 2012
Johan Henze wrote:
"Maravilla"]
>>Dont know if you have a TV and watch the news , but I do !
>.Even given the fact that you dont have a tv at that moment Jesus returns in power and glory the disciples asked Jesus almost similar to yours in which Jesus replied!
>.Where the carcass are the eagles gather !
>.Just how to eagles get to the carcass ! They fly of course ! At the coming of Jesus our bodies will be transformed from a natural to a supernartual, immortal body, it will be able to what your current body cannot do! Jesus said we will be like the angels , angels have the abilitty to be here and back in heaven !
LOL oh boy this is funny! Is that how all trinitarians think?:-) You are just playing, you're a case. LOL! Not everyone has a TV, but if you say that's how it will be done, you'll find out on that day if you're a false prophet! LOLOL. You too need to write your own infallible book of commentary.:-) lolol.

Since: Apr 10

Cape Town, South Africa

#317 Nov 1, 2012
miseracord"]

oh boy this is funny! Is that how all trinitarians think?:-) You are just playing, you're a case. LOL! Not everyone has a TV, but if you say that's how it will be done, you'll find out on that day if you're a false prophet! LOLOL. You too need to write your own infallible book of commentary.:-)

>>Is it cause I gave a good answer?

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#318 Nov 1, 2012
Johan Henze wrote:
miseracord"]
oh boy this is funny! Is that how all trinitarians think?:-) You are just playing, you're a case. LOL! Not everyone has a TV, but if you say that's how it will be done, you'll find out on that day if you're a false prophet! LOLOL. You too need to write your own infallible book of commentary.:-)
>>Is it cause I gave a good answer?
to be honest, it was good for laughs.
3inone

Hamilton, OH

#319 Nov 1, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you ask?
He's calling you home.

"Come and see!"
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#320 Nov 1, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>to be honest, it was good for laughs.
No one knows, do they? Do you know? There is no cause to think what he said is a cause for laughter unless you know the answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matrimonial difficulties 4 min hMMMMM 5
PARADISE-Heaven or earth? 15 min pcloadletter 59
The >>> ONLY<<<< True God! (John 17:3) 16 min Richies Cool Man ... 157
2013 Memorial attendance for U.S. (Jul '13) 29 min Andrewski 341
Why I'm STILL one of Jehovah's Witnesses... 32 min jace 327
WHY the NWT WAS written! 33 min UNchained 39
An example on how apostates are condemned? 45 min UNchained 127
Jehovah's Witnesses and John 1:3 49 min imagoodboy 258
God's holy breath/wind or Nameless Ghost? 2 hr Maravilla 58
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 2 hr curtjester1 16,793