Ecthr Imposes ~@112,000 Fine On Armen...

Ecthr Imposes ~@112,000 Fine On Armenia Over Jehova's Witnesses' Case

There are 4 comments on the Groong story from Nov 30, 2012, titled Ecthr Imposes ~@112,000 Fine On Armenia Over Jehova's Witnesses' Case. In it, Groong reports that:

ECTHR IMPOSES ~@112,000 FINE ON ARMENIA OVER JEHOVA'S WITNESSES' CASE http://www.tert.am/en/news/2012/11/28/ehovayi-vka-evradataran/ 21:21 ~U 28.11.12 The European Court of Human Rights has imposed a fine of ~@112,000 on the Armenian authorities over a ruling against conscientious objectors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Groong.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 30, 2012
I question ..why it is that these people.. who were given jobs quit... The object was to not go in to service where they would be called on to kill ... I think they should just spend..jail time.. Being as how.. once they have obtained their (So called goal ) they whine about that to..
OR maybe they need to spend the whole stint.. Cleaning up streets.. with a broom... It would serve a purpose.. The country would look better ..and they would not be so much a burden on the tax payers..
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#2 Nov 30, 2012
Maravilla wrote:
I question ..why it is that these people.. who were given jobs quit... The object was to not go in to service where they would be called on to kill ... I think they should just spend..jail time.. Being as how.. once they have obtained their (So called goal ) they whine about that to..
OR maybe they need to spend the whole stint.. Cleaning up streets.. with a broom... It would serve a purpose.. The country would look better ..and they would not be so much a burden on the tax payers..
armenia and lot of neighbour countries are incredible clean,

there is not like in USA,
I quess you never saw european conuntries or nighbor countries,where cleaning service is great and not under private greedy wicked contractors

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 30, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
armenia and lot of neighbour countries are incredible clean,
there is not like in USA,
I quess you never saw european conuntries or nighbor countries,where cleaning service is great and not under private greedy wicked contractors
. you are correct ..I have not been to other countries.. The US could stand a good cleaning.. There are few places that people have not thrown their refuge.. And that ..is what came to mind.. When I was thinking about those that expect to not only ..not serve the government..that God has allowed to be in place.. By claiming neutrality.. OKAY! then you will serve the time.. doing something productive.. Here..in the US..at the moment.. Serving..is voluntary..( opps!.. until you sign up) I know that is not the same ..everywhere..
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Nov 30, 2012
It was the European Court of Human Rights that fought for these conscientious objectors. They said doing alternative service was still under military control and unacceptable, and these jw's were awarded money for the time they spent in jail. I don't know Armenia law but it sounds like they were more concerned about their civil rights. Notice that the wtbts did nothing! Times are changing for the good. I only wish the wtbts would get more involved about the civil rights and fight for co's around the world!In the US, ministers are exempt from military duty,and alternative service,but sorry to say the wtbts won't fight for the rights of our brothers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is smoking a sin? 1 hr red blood relative 28
The Most Accurate of ALL Translations! (Nov '17) 1 hr red blood relative 582
Why we JWs are so HAPPY! (Apr '15) 1 hr red blood relative 2,839
Why do we owe salvation to both God and Christ? 1 hr red blood relative 8
Nomi 2 hr Spike 44
should a Christian fight in war? 3 hr dee rightful 11
News Why are there more and more Jehovah's Witnesses... 4 hr jace 59
meaning of immortal 5 hr dee rightful 46
Yet, Another New Forum... 8 hr I_know_better_now 190