Praising God with dance, and string i...

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#41 Sep 1, 2010
Susie B wrote:
<quoted text>
Gareth used to be quite nice, even entertaining at times, lol.
He has gotten a bit stuffy and self righteous, but I believe its all the GB's undoing by their teachings and commands.
He is desperately trying to fill shoes far to big for any human to wear...they are the ones the GB gives to each individual JW at the time of their BAPTISM.
He is also trying to wear a yoke with heavy burdens attached to it.
I believe he is a WT puppet because he believes he owes them...he doesn't.
He needs to look at who it really was that saved him...men or God?
I was thinking that to, like he believes he owes them, he owes God. The Isrealite nation became corrupted, did Jeremiah and others owe them for anything they were taught through them.

It is what Gods word says that is important. But if Gareth is in bethel its his meal ticket.

He has to come to realise that the GB regard us as theres, they do not see JW as Christs sheep, I think this is where Gareth fails.
Susie B

United States

#42 Sep 1, 2010
noahsday wrote:
<quoted text>I was thinking that to, like he believes he owes them, he owes God. The Isrealite nation became corrupted, did Jeremiah and others owe them for anything they were taught through them.
It is what Gods word says that is important. But if Gareth is in bethel its his meal ticket.
He has to come to realise that the GB regard us as theres, they do not see JW as Christs sheep, I think this is where Gareth fails.
Hmmm...I believe that may be the case indeed!
little lamb

Australia

#43 Sep 2, 2010
Susie B wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha, oh please!
I didn't say that one Psalm was full of commands...but read through history Gareth and see what David ordered/commanded his peoople to do in worshiping Jehovah.
Part of that worship included praising God with singing songs and playing musical instruments and dancing and even with prasing Him with Psalms!
It was to keep them built up and joyful in the LORD.
Let me ask YOU something Gareth...
If there were no commands to sing, dance and play instruments in praise to Jehovah, would you do it anyway out of the goodness and joyfulness of your heart?
Wouldn't you feel the need to just do it for Him, even because it makes you feel good and happy?
Maybe you should have a look at how far back in the Bible it is recorded that music, song and dance was being done in prasing God.
Hi Susie!!
There is a lot of information hidden in the Psalms
Psalm 119: 11 "In my heart I have treasured your saying . In order that I may not sin against you. Blessed you are O Jehovah teach me your regulations."

Every saying of God is refined, and if David recorded in the Psalms for us to praise God with melody and dance and stringed instruments, you can bet it was under inspiration those words were recorded for us, and he didn't write them just to take up space.
Susie B

United States

#44 Sep 2, 2010
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Susie!!
There is a lot of information hidden in the Psalms
Psalm 119: 11 "In my heart I have treasured your saying . In order that I may not sin against you. Blessed you are O Jehovah teach me your regulations."
Every saying of God is refined, and if David recorded in the Psalms for us to praise God with melody and dance and stringed instruments, you can bet it was under inspiration those words were recorded for us, and he didn't write them just to take up space.
Hi LL.
Oh I agree with you!!!
I was just making the comment to Gareth that ONE SINGULAR Psalm may not hold many commands but God inspired DAVID to write them [or they wouldn't be included in the Bible] and David ordered his people to dance, sing and play instruments in their praise to Jehovah.
Its all there but Gareth doesn't want to see it...he just wants to interject with WT babble.

(Psalm 150:3-6) "Praise him with the blowing of the horn. Praise him with the stringed instrument and the harp. 4 Praise him with the tambourine and the circle dance. Praise him with strings and the pipe. 5 Praise him with the cymbals of melodious sound. Praise him with the clashing cymbals. 6 Every breathing thing—let it praise Jah. Praise Jah, YOU people!"

When the KING said to do something do you suppose they obeyed?
Hahaha....
little lamb

Australia

#45 Sep 3, 2010
Susie B wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LL.
Oh I agree with you!!!
I was just making the comment to Gareth that ONE SINGULAR Psalm may not hold many commands but God inspired DAVID to write them [or they wouldn't be included in the Bible] and David ordered his people to dance, sing and play instruments in their praise to Jehovah.
Its all there but Gareth doesn't want to see it...he just wants to interject with WT babble.
(Psalm 150:3-6) "Praise him with the blowing of the horn. Praise him with the stringed instrument and the harp. 4 Praise him with the tambourine and the circle dance. Praise him with strings and the pipe. 5 Praise him with the cymbals of melodious sound. Praise him with the clashing cymbals. 6 Every breathing thing—let it praise Jah. Praise Jah, YOU people!"
When the KING said to do something do you suppose they obeyed?
Hahaha....
Hi Susie,,, yes.. it doesn't say, if you feel like it you can praise God with song and dance, It states ' praise him with..' to me thats a 'command' because it is written straight out 'do something.'

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#46 Sep 3, 2010
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Susie,,, yes.. it doesn't say, if you feel like it you can praise God with song and dance, It states ' praise him with..' to me thats a 'command' because it is written straight out 'do something.'
You have become the kind of literalistic fundamentalist that the Pharisees were.

Its a song. The lines are written in what we call the "imperative". Commands are given in the imperative. But the imperative doesn't have to be a command.

They are simply exclamations of the different ways to praise God. They are not orders about how you MUST praise God. It is a joyful exhortation but by no means a command.

Location hidden

#47 Sep 3, 2010
Susie B wrote:
Oh I agree with you!!!
Of course you do. You always follow Little Lamb. One day you might learn to follow Jesus back to his congregation.

Location hidden

#48 Sep 3, 2010
Oh dear, its not enough to just play an instrument, you MUST play SKILFULLY or you will be disobeying God:

*** Ps 33:3 Sing to him a new song. Play skillfully with a shout of joy!

Oh look. Here is a song in which king David is ORDERING Jehovah to stand up and save him.

*** Ps 3:7 Arise, Jehovah! Save me, my God!

Couldn't possibly be an IMPERATIVE REQUEST now could it?

Location hidden

#49 Sep 3, 2010
Susie B wrote:
So Susie, have you bought yourself all those instruments that Little Lamb says you need in order to obey God? Do you have a horn and a harp and a tambourine and a pipe and some cymbals?

Have you obeyed Little Lamb and praised Jehovah by playing all those instruments skilfully?

Or has Little Lamb gone overboard in his extremism?

After all he thinks he is more righteous because his method of praising God is better than that of people who decide not to play those specific instrument.

Location hidden

#50 Sep 3, 2010
Oh wait! I just noticed that according to Little Lamb we all have to be COMPOSERS. We have to make up out own songs and sing them to God.

*** Ps 33:3 Sing to him a new song.

Hey Susie, have you made up any new songs recently? Are you going to? Or are you going to disobey Little Lamb's God?

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#51 Sep 3, 2010
bit noisy around here, goodnight
jimi

San Antonio, TX

#52 Sep 3, 2010
Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do. You always follow Little Lamb. One day you might learn to follow Jesus back to his congregation.
He isn't headed there gareth...He isn't welcome.
jimi

San Antonio, TX

#53 Sep 3, 2010
Gareth wrote:
Oh look. Here is a song in which king David is ORDERING Jehovah to stand up and save him.
With David's ego it could certainly be considered a command...Did you ever wonder what the spiritual consequences were on the Nation of Israel to know they had an adulterous murderer for a king?
jimi

San Antonio, TX

#54 Sep 3, 2010
noahsday wrote:
bit noisy around here, goodnight
...And windy.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#55 Sep 3, 2010
Gareth wrote:
Oh wait! I just noticed that according to Little Lamb we all have to be COMPOSERS. We have to make up out own songs and sing them to God.
Hey Susie, have you made up any new songs recently? Are you going to? Or are you going to disobey Little Lamb's God?
.nah nah nah nah .. gareth.. you sound like a brat in a school yard..
I don't expect that one is expected to compose a song.. nor dance.. but it does tend to illustrate that there are many ways to praise God. and some of them can be done with music and song and dance for that matter.. For we were put here to enjoy the earth and to praise the creator.. You kind of remind me of the seven dwarfs.. and you tend to hop from one personality to another .. to day I sense is ...Grumpy.. And I suspect that he was that way as he thought to much of himself .
Susie B

United States

#56 Sep 3, 2010
Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Jesus congregation Gareth?
Oh you mean the bought and paid for made up religion of the JW's?
The one that was started as a printing company and incorporated as a religion?
Be real...Christs people are everywhere, not living as a NEW WORLD SOCIETY and COMUNITY TO THEMSELVES where they have NO NEED OF LAW COURTS AND ARBITRATION BOARDS OF THIS CORRUPT AND DYING WORLD as you JW's believe as this is what your leaders wrote.
How do you live that way if the NEW WORLD hasn't come yet?
There is big NIMROD SYNDROME going on with your GB, and the good old trickle down affect is taking place with you rank and file JW's.
Proof is in the scriptures:

(Genesis 11:4) "They now said:“Come on! Let us build ourselves a city and also a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a celebrated name for ourselves, for fear we may be scattered over all the surface of the earth.”

Just look at how the JW's have their TOWER [WT building] already in place with its GB/FDS as its TOP in the heavens...they are the ONLY CHANNEL to GOD!!!
You have already claimed to be a 'city' by stating you are a NEW WORLD SOCIETY and COMMUNITY TO YOURSELVES.
You people scream for UNITY at all costs, even as far as death if you are disobedient to that unity.
You are all in FEAR of being scattered and alone...
Now here is the biggie Gareth...you people have made for yourselves a CELEBRATED NAME...
But that name isn't yours, its Gods and you are taking it up in a wotrthless way.
Faithless, pushing ahead and carry Jehovah's name as a cloak for your unrighteous practices...self exalted people.

(Romans 12:19)“Vengeance is mine; I will repay, says Jehovah.”
Susie B

United States

#57 Sep 3, 2010
Gareth wrote:
Oh dear, its not enough to just play an instrument, you MUST play SKILFULLY or you will be disobeying God:
*** Ps 33:3 Sing to him a new song. Play skillfully with a shout of joy!
You're an idiot and you mock Jehovah.
Did that say to play an instrument skillfully?
It said a shout of joy.
You cannot understand any message because you have no Holy Spirit.
Susie B

United States

#58 Sep 3, 2010
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
.nah nah nah nah .. gareth.. you sound like a brat in a school yard..
I don't expect that one is expected to compose a song.. nor dance.. but it does tend to illustrate that there are many ways to praise God. and some of them can be done with music and song and dance for that matter.. For we were put here to enjoy the earth and to praise the creator.. You kind of remind me of the seven dwarfs.. and you tend to hop from one personality to another .. to day I sense is ...Grumpy.. And I suspect that he was that way as he thought to much of himself .
There is more than one [1] person on here pretending to be the same Gareth...or he is schizophrenic ;-)
There are at least three [3] Gareth personalities but only one has very good grammar and comprehension.
Another has fairly poor spelling, grammar and comprhension.
One sounds like a snotty eleven year old girl.
At any rate, I still love the Gareth Trinity even though they get me riled up at times, hahaha.
Susie B

United States

#59 Sep 3, 2010
Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
So Susie, have you bought yourself all those instruments that Little Lamb says you need in order to obey God? Do you have a horn and a harp and a tambourine and a pipe and some cymbals?
Have you obeyed Little Lamb and praised Jehovah by playing all those instruments skilfully?
Or has Little Lamb gone overboard in his extremism?
After all he thinks he is more righteous because his method of praising God is better than that of people who decide not to play those specific instrument.
Actually yes Gareth, with exception to the harp.
Other than that we have all those instruments here...would you like to come join us and see for yourself?
My door is open if you want to come praise God and Jesus with us.
Better put your dancing shoes on too though ;-)
Now the skillfully part is a bit ongoing yet as some of my grandkids are still fairly young but at least they give it a try.

LL never said anything like that Gareth...are you just mad because you have no horn to toot?
Maybe if you go back to your BUSH and pray for one it will come to you?...hahaha just joking 'lil buddy!

SMILE GARETH AND GIVE PRAISE TO GOD!!! KISS THE SON!!!

Stop mocking and start praising!

Its way more fun :0)
Susie B

United States

#60 Sep 3, 2010
Gareth wrote:
Hahahaha...as a matter of fact Gareth most of us in my family do write music and songs.
My kids have a recording studio and they record a lot...but you wouldn't be interested in hearing any of it because they also sing and write praises to Jesus.
Taboo for you....

Why do you hate the talents of other people Gareth?
Are you that jealous of them that you just have to try and belittle them and make them feel bad?
If you pray and ask God for a talent He may answer and give you one!
But first you must KISS HIS SON...do you know what that means?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Twinity Dogma- the Most Ridiculous Dogma of... (Mar '15) 2 min wow 1,046
Why doesn't topix install a disquis-like feature? 3 min Caciques a liar 70
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 8 min Boni 25,018
Forget the fact. 14 min Caciques a liar 72
Puppy Study Proves Transfused Blood Does Feed 15 min Thirdwitness 251
Requesting a truce with greatsouthbay4040 21 min Caciques a liar 22
News Jehovah's Witnesses children at risk: RC The ch... 32 min diogenes 56
So how do the Jehovah's feel about Trump 42 min roy 638
Are Jehovah's witnesses Hated? 5 hr Aneirin 182
More from around the web