AGM - Are you invited?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#64 Oct 6, 2013
I am not going to stay here any longer today, its nothing but pure hatred that I see from those who refer to themselves as God chosen people. How in this world can a person expect to be loved by God when they hate their neighbors? If your leaders are teaching you to act like this, I feel so sorry for you. True leaders in the Lord teach you to love one another.
MM is right, you are free to believe as you wish, but I think if my leaders were teaching me to treat people like some of you do here, I would be looking deeper into why they do that.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#65 Oct 6, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets read my comment again shall we?
<quoted text>
Now when I says, "they give a talk once", where does that say they told PEOPLE? When I say they give a talk, it means they told all of the active JW's that usually listen and come to the KH to hear the talks. Don't try to make my comment into something it is not meant to be. But then you and your fellow so called JW buddies will do whatever it takes to try and discredit me wont you? Even going as far as LYING about what I have said.
Your comment was (yet another) outright lie.
art

London, UK

#66 Oct 6, 2013
New bible grey cover? what is this bible going to have written in it that the other did not have.
maybe a new name for Jehovah, and some new chapters about paradise to come!
Who is the author of this new publication any one we know
jaceo

Clinton, MD

#67 Oct 6, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>THREAD: "Gareth: are you one of Jehovahs Witnesses?"

October 3, 2008

Post # 17

Gareth wrote, "<quoted text>
I have been studying THIS time for about 5 months. In the past I had some studies also."

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-...

And here:

THREAD: "To Gareth (JW challenge)"

April 29, 2008

Post # 3:

Gareth wrote, "Really I've been studying the Bible and JW beliefs amongst others for over 5 years now. It's true I started a 'study' with the Witnesses just 3 weeks ago. But I did not come by my beliefs over just 3 weeks :)
You logic is false. The Bible clearly shows that Bible understanding will increase over time. Obviously jehovah's Witnesses wer not choses for the beliefs they had wrong at the time but the ones they had right.
You see the TEST is a *positive* one. The test is who was serving *PROPER* food would be accepted.
It was NOT whe was serving improper food would be rejected was it? Obviously we are IMPERFECT and Jesus knows this. Therefore rather than rejecting on the basis of imperfection and wrong assumptions, the test was for food that was proper.
Also the timeing od the food was important. At a time of WAR Jehovah's Witnesses were teaching to abstain from war. Christendom was not.
So you see PROPER FOOD at the PROPER TIME :)
All you have done is reverse the logic which it not what the Bible said."

Gareth is making a career out of being a Bible Study...

No progress for the last 5 years.

The CO's around say that people like him....

Have No love for God.

Have No appreciation for spiritual things.

Have No initiative to improve themselves.

Are failures.

Are Spiritual Losers.

That's Gareth/Anerin.
Lol

Gareth would be called a spiritual flunky

Since: Jun 11

Forrestdale, Australia

#68 Oct 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment was (yet another) outright lie.
There a lies and then there are some lies that are so inexcusable because they are professing to put words into the mouth of God or Jesus.

This is what your Governing Body does.

Here's an example from the Watchtower December 2013
Page 22 para 4

"4. No doubt you will be present for the one event

that Jesus said his followers should commemorate

annually."

Jesus did not say that the Lord's evening meal was to be done once a year.

Now there's a real bold lie.

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#69 Oct 6, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets read my comment again shall we?
<quoted text>
Now when I says, "they give a talk once", where does that say they told PEOPLE? When I say they give a talk, it means they told all of the active JW's that usually listen and come to the KH to hear the talks. Don't try to make my comment into something it is not meant to be. But then you and your fellow so called JW buddies will do whatever it takes to try and discredit me wont you? Even going as far as LYING about what I have said.
hi Karen, I will hunt around for that comment about the Wt saying that terrible that other bibles are put in modern English. I dont recall that but I do know that on occastions the speaker will not only use the NWT but aslo a modern translation, some has said this is what this translation says, though it is not a regular thing, but it does happen from time to time.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#70 Oct 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Do people who donate to the Red Cross get personal invitations to their AGM?
Do people who donate to the Salvation Army get personal invitations to their AGM?
What is strange is you people making out its some sort of crime because the Watchtower Society didn't send out 7.5 MILLION invitations for their AGM.
That is what's strange.
You people are strange!
. like the international assembly.. only the so called elite are invited.. wouldn't want to have anyone that was defective in any way.. people might see them..

Homebush, Australia

#71 Oct 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Do people who donate to the Red Cross get personal invitations to their AGM?
Do people who donate to the Salvation Army get personal invitations to their AGM?
What is strange is you people making out its some sort of crime because the Watchtower Society didn't send out 7.5 MILLION invitations for their AGM.
That is what's strange.
You people are strange!
I think you make a point, however its what is being discussed that the average lowly JW does not find out until its printed either in the WT or an announcement is made at the KH which is usually ages after, its those that are privy to information that the r/f are not.

It is like the new NWT revised bible, I mean congregations ran dry with bibles for months on end, no one knew why only a few privy to the information, instead of the GB informing JW the reasons why they were left to write letters asking why? some that frequent so called apostate sites did get info, but mostly the r/f JW had no knowledge, strange that they have to keep things such a secret especially about the their beloved NWT, a bible which was not available to the public, for months. Is this not the BIBLE and tract soceity.

I think that the annual meetings for invited few gives the impression that those attending are much more special.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#72 Oct 6, 2013
array wrote:
hi Karen, I will hunt around for that comment about the Wt saying that terrible that other bibles are put in modern English. I dont recall that but I do know that on occastions the speaker will not only use the NWT but aslo a modern translation, some has said this is what this translation says, though it is not a regular thing, but it does happen from time to time.
She said they criticized bibles that are put into clear language so everyone could understand them.

Come on. We all know that's a lie.

Homebush, Australia

#73 Oct 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
She said they criticized bibles that are put into clear language so everyone could understand them.
Come on. We all know that's a lie.
ok, maybe some misguided JW elder said something, but as said I have never read that, would like to see it in print from a mag, and I do know that speakers do use other modern day translations.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#74 Oct 6, 2013
array wrote:
ok, maybe some misguided JW elder said something...
We all know no one said any such thing.

Homebush, Australia

#75 Oct 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know no one said any such thing.
come on now who is not being realistic, why do you think that they have scripted talks now!

some elders or b/s do give personal opionions, now I never said a misguided elder said that from the platform, I over the years have heard some really stupid replies from elders, personal opinions. I merely said maybe that is what she may have heard some misguided elder say. I will wait for a reply from Karen.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#76 Oct 7, 2013
array wrote:
<quoted text>come on now who is not being realistic, why do you think that they have scripted talks now!
some elders or b/s do give personal opionions, now I never said a misguided elder said that from the platform, I over the years have heard some really stupid replies from elders, personal opinions. I merely said maybe that is what she may have heard some misguided elder say. I will wait for a reply from Karen.
Whatever.

*** Matt 24:48,49 But if that evil servant should say in his heart,'My lord is delayed,' and begins to beat his fellow servants, and EAT AND DRINK WITH THE DRUNKARDS...

“Life is short, enjoy life.:-).”

Since: Aug 13

Baghdad, Iraq

#77 Oct 7, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever.
*** Matt 24:48,49 But if that evil servant should say in his heart,'My lord is delayed,' and begins to beat his fellow servants, and EAT AND DRINK WITH THE DRUNKARDS...
Talking about Rutherford again....?
;-)

Homebush, Australia

#78 Oct 7, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever.
and who are you quoting this text to?

And what does that have to do with what I said about elders at times saying silly things, it does happen you know.

As said I will wait for Karen's reply to my post as to where she got that info from, a JW or JW elder or from the WT itself, which I have never seen, but I don't know every dit dat.
T Cane

Webb City, MO

#79 Oct 7, 2013
Older wt literature about history of wt org says Russell ORIGINALLY offered voting rights when you subscribed to wt mag..this was pre 1900.. Times change..

Homebush, Australia

#80 Oct 7, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever.
besides dear a Bethel anointed elder gave a talk at a DC years ago and said sisters you will have to come to terms that you may never marry in the new system as their is a not brothers, yes and the bethel hot line ran wild for days from the sister, the brother in question had to retract what waS sAid, and no doubt a lot of good brothers at bethel were furious, this is just one of some of the stupid things that can come out of the mouth of some adding their own stupid opinions, now that is not bashing but stating facts that imperfect humans yes even elders dear say stupid things at times, as you have.

“Life is short, enjoy life.:-).”

Since: Aug 13

Baghdad, Iraq

#81 Oct 7, 2013
Well.... He must think, bad attention is at least some attention....!

:-)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#82 Oct 7, 2013
Have you ever been to a meeting and every single bible there was a NWT?

Homebush, Australia

#83 Oct 7, 2013
Matt9969 wrote:
Have you ever been to a meeting and every single bible there was a NWT?
it is always and only the NWT, but at times the speaker for the public talk at times does read from a modern version, rarely but it happens, as far as the average JW there is never any other bible translation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The REAL 'Gospel'- just ignored.... 4 min red blood relative 122
PREACH to us, Churchoids! 12 min red blood relative 242
Michelle Stalter has passed away? 18 min GreatSouthbay4040 9
THANK YOU, churchoids, antichrists, apostates! 19 min red blood relative 392
New Today music thread 23 min GreatSouthbay4040 1,310
If Jesus is NOT Your Mediator, How Can you Pray... 29 min red blood relative 228
News End is nigh for Watchtower sign: Iconic placard... 50 min BUDGIE 36
yt 3 hr Honey Bee 105
JWs are so correct that Jesus is Michael? 6 hr ihveit 668
Let's try this again, 144,000 ONLY? No jw has b... 6 hr ihveit 187
Our 2017 Convention - Do not give up - Galatian... 20 hr Alank 173
More from around the web