12/09/12 WT Study!!!!
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#1 Dec 7, 2012
This Sunday's Watchtower Study article, "What Kind of Spirit Do You Show?" should be a real treat for JW's who attend....

After mentioning the accounts of Korah, Abiram and Dathan under the subtitle "Avoid The World's Spirit" paragraph 6 says,

"Some in the first century also became critical of those entrusted with authority in the congregation,'disregarding lordship'(Jude 8) these men likely were dissatisfied with their privileges and tried to influence others against appointed men who were conscientiously carrying out God-given duties.- Read 3 John 9,10.

Paragraph 7 continues with,

"Elders may make mistakes that affect us personally. If that happens, how inappropriate it would be for any member of the congregation to react according to the world's spirit, vehemently demanding "justice" or that "something be done about this brother"! Jehovah may choose to overlook certain minor failings. Can we not do the same? Because of what they perceive as defects in the elders, some who engage in serious wrongdoing in the congregation have refused to appear before a committee of elders assigned to help them. This could be likened to a patient who loses out on the benefits of a treatment becasue he does not like something about the doctor."

The Governing Body is letting folks know exactly who is in charge and that avoiding the elder's judgments or being as critical of elders and the Governing Body as they are of you, makes you a wicked person full of the spirit of the world!!!

How dare you to refuse to show up at a Judicial Committee hearing held in your honor!
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#2 Dec 7, 2012
The study is "right on time" since there are plenty of JW's dazed, baffled and confused by the recent New Light about the "faithful and discreet slave."

This article helps them to be quiet and respect the authority of the self appointed frauds on the Governing Body who falsely claim that an invisible Jesus appointed their sorry arses to be God's mouthpiece in 1919.

“Tight lines”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3 Dec 7, 2012
It warms my heart to know that you still yearn for the spiritual food that is being given to you by Jehovah's faithful servants.
Thank you for continuing to utilize the tools given to you freely.
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#4 Dec 7, 2012
florida native wrote:
It warms my heart to know that you still yearn for the spiritual food that is being given to you by Jehovah's faithful servants.
This one's for you:

The Governing Body is letting folks know exactly who is in charge and that avoiding the elder's judgments or being as critical of elders and the Governing Body as they are of you, makes you a wicked person full of the spirit of the world!!!

“Bustin' Myths”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#5 Dec 7, 2012
florida native wrote:
Keep your friends close, and you enemies closer ya know?

“Tight lines”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6 Dec 7, 2012
Mythbusters wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your friends close, and you enemies closer ya know?
I sincerely hope that you are not looking at Witnesses as "the enemy".
Hoodwinked

Homeland, CA

#7 Dec 7, 2012
I have a family member who admitted how troubling all these "new changes" are...especially to the ones who have been in the " truth" for so long.
However they also said even with these new doubts they would remain a JW because it makes them happy.

I have a feeling many are in the same boat...they stay, because they're comfortable!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8 Dec 7, 2012
UNchained wrote:
The study is "right on time" since there are plenty of JW's dazed, baffled and confused by the recent New Light about the "faithful and discreet slave."
This article helps them to be quiet and respect the authority of the self appointed frauds on the Governing Body who falsely claim that an invisible Jesus appointed their sorry arses to be God's mouthpiece in 1919.
Jesus is the Greater Moses not the GB, Korah and the others were chieftans, they got the crowd to follow them, if anything the GB represent Korah, Dathan and Abiram, the new so called light on the FDS as well as the old light is not scriptual, and most JW will just gulp it down as food at the proper time, and keep following the GB instead of Jesus.

“the truth will set you free...”

Since: Nov 10

Spring, TX

#9 Dec 7, 2012
Hoodwinked wrote:
I have a family member who admitted how troubling all these "new changes" are...especially to the ones who have been in the " truth" for so long.
However they also said even with these new doubts they would remain a JW because it makes them happy.

I have a feeling many are in the same boat...they stay, because they're comfortable!
I didn't notice any "change" in the Watchtower article. They simply stated to overlook trivial shortcoming regarding congregation overseers.

You got disfellowshipped for committing adultery.

That's a serious wrongdoing, not a trivial shortcoming.

“the truth will set you free...”

Since: Nov 10

Spring, TX

#10 Dec 7, 2012
Dream-weaver wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't notice any "change" in the Watchtower article. They simply stated to overlook trivial shortcoming regarding congregation overseers.

I mean "Unchained" got disfellowshipped for committing adultery.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 7, 2012
Dream-weaver wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean "Unchained" got disfellowshipped for committing adultery.
are you going to try and scriptually defend this new teaching of the GB, I mean that is what the thread is about. Instead of trying to spam up the threads with your inane posts, is this what the JW on here are worried about this so called new light as bad as the last that they can't defend, or will you and your commrades on here try and scriptually defend this teaching, whos side are you on Jehovah's and his word or the GB and their erroneous teaching.

Dont bother to post filth or out of context links to news artcles that are not in good taste.

“Bustin' Myths”

Location hidden

#12 Dec 7, 2012
florida native wrote:
<quoted text>
I sincerely hope that you are not looking at Witnesses as "the enemy".
Nope, the wtb&ts. I have no problems with real jws.

“Bustin' Myths”

Location hidden

#13 Dec 7, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>are you going to try and scriptually defend this new teaching of the GB, I mean that is what the thread is about. Instead of trying to spam up the threads with your inane posts, is this what the JW on here are worried about this so called new light as bad as the last that they can't defend, or will you and your commrades on here try and scriptually defend this teaching, whos side are you on Jehovah's and his word or the GB and their erroneous teaching.
Dont bother to post filth or out of context links to news artcles that are not in good taste.
The cold hearted bitch is playing devil's advocate. She has taken it upon herself to be the Howard Stern (shock jock) of topix. She wasn't getting the attention she desired by cutting and pasting from other websites so she has turned into what you see here now.

It is blatantly obvious that she is not returning to the jws as she has repeatedly stated on here. Let the faux jos have her and ignore her posts.

She's like the schoolyard bully. Once a bully knows something they say or do bothers you, they are relentless with that information. Don't respond and she will slither away.

Location hidden

#14 Dec 7, 2012
Mythbusters wrote:
<quoted text>
The cold hearted bitch is playing devil's advocate. She has taken it upon herself to be the Howard Stern (shock jock) of topix. She wasn't getting the attention she desired by cutting and pasting from other websites so she has turned into what you see here now.
It is blatantly obvious that she is not returning to the jws as she has repeatedly stated on here. Let the faux jos have her and ignore her posts.
She's like the schoolyard bully. Once a bully knows something they say or do bothers you, they are relentless with that information. Don't respond and she will slither away.
I dont know why they bother, I can't see any point in defending the WT and then speaking dirt, its just stupid or maybe they have another agenda. You are correct best keep the troll at arms length.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 7, 2012
Mythbusters wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, the wtb&ts. I have no problems with real jws.
most don't but the apologists and WT advocates seem to think that most do, or they are hoping they do makes them look persecuted and special somehow.
man_711

Mountlake Terrace, WA

#16 Dec 7, 2012
UNchained wrote:
This Sunday's Watchtower Study article, "What Kind of Spirit Do You Show?" should be a real treat for JW's who attend....
After mentioning the accounts of Korah, Abiram and Dathan under the subtitle "Avoid The World's Spirit" paragraph 6 says,
"Some in the first century also became critical of those entrusted with authority in the congregation,'disregarding lordship'(Jude 8) these men likely were dissatisfied with their privileges and tried to influence others against appointed men who were conscientiously carrying out God-given duties.- Read 3 John 9,10.
Paragraph 7 continues with,
"Elders may make mistakes that affect us personally. If that happens, how inappropriate it would be for any member of the congregation to react according to the world's spirit, vehemently demanding "justice" or that "something be done about this brother"! Jehovah may choose to overlook certain minor failings. Can we not do the same? Because of what they perceive as defects in the elders, some who engage in serious wrongdoing in the congregation have refused to appear before a committee of elders assigned to help them. This could be likened to a patient who loses out on the benefits of a treatment becasue he does not like something about the doctor."
How dare you to refuse to show up at a Judicial Committee hearing held in your honor!
Oh well! I'll let Jehovah be my judge.
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Dec 7, 2012
Dream-weaver wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't notice any "change" in the Watchtower article. They simply stated to overlook trivial shortcoming regarding congregation overseers.
In the elders manual, I think page 93 has a list of sins that warrant disfellowshipping. My question is,which sin is worst than the other, and isn't everybody guilty of at least one of those mentioned sins?

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#18 Dec 7, 2012
Hoodwinked wrote:
I'd be willing to say that their faith is stagnant and not going anywhere but down. They SEE the red flags waving away but lack the courage to walk away because of knowing the cruel repercussions that the GB will inflict on them by the WTS shunning practice for anyone who does not openly agree with everything the GB says and does.

I seriously doubt that these jws are feeling very satisfied with what they are told they MUST accept....which leads to a lack of faith....when they need a strong faith more than ever.
JACE

Woodbridge, VA

#19 Dec 7, 2012
florida native wrote:
you know it has to be pretty bad when a person is unable to reconized that someone has "Critique" his theological teachings and instead thinks that the person is showing appreciation for printed material that is laughable

lol

folks like i say, its just hard sometimes defending the goofy stuff the wt writers put in print
i am your judge

Des Plaines, IL

#20 Dec 7, 2012
man_711 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh well! I'll let Jehovah be my judge.
I condem you to life in a cult under mind control and filled with large amounts of bullshit!!! Cue the thunder!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ephesians 6:12 and The History of Jehovah's People 4 min Tony Price 77 84
Man became a ..... WHAT??? 5 min the Mad JW 86
God= ONE Being...or THREE? (Sep '15) 6 min rsss1 229
Scriptures that PROVE the 'Holy Trinity'! 8 min rsss1 197
Who Really Is the "Faithful and Discreet Slave"? 12 min rsss1 168
Which One Is It? God Created Animals To Be Peac... 27 min Tony Price 77 19
YES- People WILL get OUT of HELL! (Nov '15) 35 min the Mad JW 3,104
Loving the taste of wormwood. 1 hr sidgi 383
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 1 hr Matt13weedhacker 24,106
John 1:1 2 hr 1919 lies 321