You left the truth aware of consequen...

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#21 Sep 6, 2013
Mikronboy wrote:
The loss of family was eventually minimised when the WT flip-flopped re DF'd people. When they flip-flopped back again, my parents didn't flip-flop.
Cool!
They haven't flip-flopped. Its just that sometimes they have given sterner warnings than others.

It has always been up to the family do decide what to do with disfellwoshipped family members in a non-spiritual context.

If at times they have given out sterner warnings you can bet it is because disfellowshipped people are trying harder to destroy the Christian faith of the rest of the family.

So you can blame apostates for the fact that the flock is being warned of the dangers.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#22 Sep 6, 2013
aadriver wrote:
<quoted text>
To a JW anyone who tells their expierence as a witness is crying and bitter. I was just listening to a radio programme that is available on JWN and an ex witness simply told his expierence of being a witness and witnesses phoned in saying he was just bitter and telling lies. lol
Then maybe the ex witness should not have been telling lies. The fact that someone is lying about it suggests bitterness too.

aadriver

Since: Aug 09

Bedfordshire, England

#23 Sep 6, 2013
unsurejwdude wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I've read and watched etc I've seen people who are really bitter when they've left the org. I'd say there more bitter than alit of other people who leave other religions. Maybe its all the pressure and people snap plus the constant judgements from others. And jws who stay don't want others to know what its really like. Just my opinion
Well I would say they certainly have more reason to be bitter than ones leaving other religions because as a good witness you give up everything for the new religion. I gave up my career, my family, my friends, my hobbies, my further education etc.
Having said that I am not bitter, but do like to spend time helping others keep away from this destructive sect. I actually have a great life now, very fulfilled and interesting.

aadriver

Since: Aug 09

Bedfordshire, England

#24 Sep 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Then maybe the ex witness should not have been telling lies. The fact that someone is lying about it suggests bitterness too.
I don't know if you listened to the show but what the guy was saying was the same as hundreds of thousands of other ex witnesses.
And everything that we say can normally be checked out, like the story of the elders who would not testify in court until they were made to by the judge.

aadriver

Since: Aug 09

Bedfordshire, England

#25 Sep 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
They haven't flip-flopped. Its just that sometimes they have given sterner warnings than others.
It has always been up to the family do decide what to do with disfellwoshipped family members in a non-spiritual context.
If at times they have given out sterner warnings you can bet it is because disfellowshipped people are trying harder to destroy the Christian faith of the rest of the family.
So you can blame apostates for the fact that the flock is being warned of the dangers.
I was not disfellowshipped as you prob know. I just walked away from it. When JW friends wanted to know why I left and I told them they had nothing more to do with me. Totally unscriptual.
unsurejwdude

Colchester, UK

#26 Sep 6, 2013
aadriver wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I would say they certainly have more reason to be bitter than ones leaving other religions because as a good witness you give up everything for the new religion. I gave up my career, my family, my friends, my hobbies, my further education etc.
Having said that I am not bitter, but do like to spend time helping others keep away from this destructive sect. I actually have a great life now, very fulfilled and interesting.
I'm glad you've got your life back on track. I know what its like giving up certain things for the faith. The difference is I think I'm turning bitter from it all.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#27 Sep 6, 2013
aadriver wrote:
I don't know if you listened to the show but what the guy was saying was the same as hundreds of thousands of other ex witnesses.
Hundreds of thousands? LOL, I don't think so.

And of the VOCAL MINORITY of ex witnesses that inhabit the anti-JW hate sites I have found the vast majority of them to be compulsive liars.
aadriver wrote:
And everything that we say can normally be checked out, like the story of the elders who would not testify in court until they were made to by the judge.
When I checked a story about that with the Simental case. I found it contained many untruths.

For example the elders told the judge that they did not think that the information they had should be considered confidential.

Therefore the elders clearly WANTED to be able to testify but they could not legally break their "privilege" unless the judge told them to.

But THAT story is never told is it?

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#28 Sep 6, 2013
aadriver wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not disfellowshipped as you prob know. I just walked away from it. When JW friends wanted to know why I left and I told them they had nothing more to do with me. Totally unscriptual.
It depends what you told them.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#29 Sep 6, 2013
unsurejwdude wrote:
The difference is I think I'm turning bitter from it all.
That's because you are listening to anyone who has something bad to say about Jehovah's Witnesses to justify your leaving. You are feeding off of anti-JW hate sites full of bitter and twisted people who want nothing other than to make you just like them.

These people don't have your interest at heart, all they want is more people hating on Jehovah's Witnesses just like they do.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#30 Sep 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
To be honest it doesn't matter because it /is/ the truth that you left. The fact that you don't believe that makes no difference.
One day soon you may well come to know that for a fact and you will be please for your family that stayed true to the Bible.
Prove it is the truth. Prove from the bible that JW's have the truth, and prove that the GB aka F&DS are who they say they are. Prove that these things are true, FROM THE BIBLE...

''The Faithful Slave is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers at this time of the end. It is vital that we recognize the Faithful Slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel. Matt 4:4; John 17:3.
Watchtower July 15, 2013, page 20, paragraph
The other sheep should never forget that their salvation depends on their active support of Christ’s anointed brothers still on earth.
Watchtower March 15, 2012, page 20, paragraph 2.
Through the new covenant, Jehovah makes blessings available to many by means of a few. Those in the covenant are few, 144,000 Through them,(FDS class, now the Governing Body), millions from all nations will be blessed with everlasting life on an earthly paradise……
Watchtower March 1st, 2012, page 17, section 3.
We need to obey the Faithful and Discreet Slave to have Jehovah’s approval.
Watchtower July 15, 2011, page 24.
Among those “gifts in men” are the members of the Governing Body, who act in a representative way for the entire Christian congregation,(Acts 15: 2, 6). In fact, our attitude towards Christ’s spiritual brothers is a major factor that will determine how we will be judged in the coming great tribulation,(Matt 25:34-40). Thus one aspect of the way we gain a blessing is by giving our loyal support to God’s anointed ones.
Watchtower December 15, 2010, page 20, paragrap19.
The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their leader Christ.
Watchtower September 15, 2010, page 23, paragraph 8.
The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God’s Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah – Isa 54:13w
Watchtower September 15, 2010, page 13, paragraph 8.
We cannot hope to acquire a good relationship with Jehovah if we ignore those whom Jesus has appointed to care for his belongings. Without the assistance of the “faithful and discreet slave”(now an 8 man Governing Body), we would neither understand the full import of what we read in God’s Word nor know how to apply it.(Matt 24:45-47).
Watchtower September 15, 2010. page 8, paragraph 7.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#31 Sep 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds of thousands? LOL, I don't think so.
And of the VOCAL MINORITY of ex witnesses that inhabit the anti-JW hate sites I have found the vast majority of them to be compulsive liars.
<quoted text>
When I checked a story about that with the Simental case. I found it contained many untruths.
For example the elders told the judge that they did not think that the information they had should be considered confidential.
Therefore the elders clearly WANTED to be able to testify but they could not legally break their "privilege" unless the judge told them to.
But THAT story is never told is it?
The minority do lie, but the majority tell the truth about their experiences. I have found that many of the ones who call themselves JWs here, lie as well, You call it theocratic warfare, but a lie is a lie no matter how much you want to white wash it. And if you lie, you are guilty of breaking all the other commandments to.
And here you are, even after you have admitted this is an anti JW hate site.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#32 Sep 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you are listening to anyone who has something bad to say about Jehovah's Witnesses to justify your leaving. You are feeding off of anti-JW hate sites full of bitter and twisted people who want nothing other than to make you just like them.
These people don't have your interest at heart, all they want is more people hating on Jehovah's Witnesses just like they do.
I don't hate JW's, I love them enough to try to help them see that Jesus is their Savior, not a religion or organization or MEN. I hate the lies you are being taught.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#33 Sep 6, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it is the truth. Prove from the bible that JW's have the truth, and prove that the GB aka F&DS are who they say they are. Prove that these things are true, FROM THE BIBLE...
This is not hard to do. It just takes a little patience and an open and honest heart:

What Does the Bible Really Teach?
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/97/b...

The Bible--What Is Its Message?
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/46/b...

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/9a/g...

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#34 Sep 6, 2013
What Is the Purpose of Life—How Can You Find It?
http://www.jw-media.org/rus/publications/pr_e...

You Can Be God’s Friend!
http://www.jw-media.org/rus/publications/gf_e...

Listen to God and Live Forever
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/ll_E...

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#35 Sep 6, 2013

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#36 Sep 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not hard to do. It just takes a little patience and an open and honest heart:
What Does the Bible Really Teach?
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/97/b...
The Bible--What Is Its Message?
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/46/b...
The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/9a/g...
All of those are man made books. Not proof that JW's are the true religion. Now go to the rest of the point and show me where it proves JWs have the ONLY TRUTH.

That's what happened to me Aneirin, my heart became open and honest and I seen the REAL TRUTH. It took me many many years to leave the JW religion because of fear that they have drilled into me about leaving Jehovah if I left them. But the Holy Spirit filled me and showed me that Jehovah is still with me, I didn't leave him, I left a religion FOR HIM. It all comes down to one thing and that is the belief in Jesus Christ, and the bible tells us that. It has nothing to do with the name of the religion we practice, or the name of any organization, but it all comes down to our true belief in the one Jehovah sent to save us, JESUS CHRIST.

Now once again, prove to me from the bible that JWS have the true religion.
Pat

AOL

#37 Sep 6, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
All of those are man made books. Not proof that JW's are the true religion. Now go to the rest of the point and show me where it proves JWs have the ONLY TRUTH.
That's what happened to me Aneirin, my heart became open and honest and I seen the REAL TRUTH. It took me many many years to leave the JW religion because of fear that they have drilled into me about leaving Jehovah if I left them. But the Holy Spirit filled me and showed me that Jehovah is still with me, I didn't leave him, I left a religion FOR HIM. It all comes down to one thing and that is the belief in Jesus Christ, and the bible tells us that. It has nothing to do with the name of the religion we practice, or the name of any organization, but it all comes down to our true belief in the one Jehovah sent to save us, JESUS CHRIST.
Now once again, prove to me from the bible that JWS have the true religion.
Someone else claims they are the true religion as well
Well what about this
The House of Yahweh believes that it is the one true faith, as instituted by Yahweh, according to the Bible.
Yahweh is the only one who deserves worship or adoration, and is the sovereign and only creator and ruler of the universe. Yahshua is not believed to be a divine being, and is not thought to preexist before his conception. They believe that the Holy Spirit is Yahweh's creative force, not a personal being.
To be saved one need be in the group following the teaching of the house of Yahweh and the leader
Yisrayl Hawkins who by the way has rewritten the Bible to suit his beliefs just as the WTS HAS DONE
The WTS believes they are God's witnesses very similar to HOY

Yisrayl claims that his group was ordained by God. He claims that his credentials are equal with those of Christ.
similar to WTS
while many of HOY teachings are NOT similar these are and just as kooky so which one is telling the truth , which one is ordained by God or could it be BOTH lie ?
So many true religions so few proofs .

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#38 Sep 6, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
All of those are man made books. Not proof that JW's are the true religion.
They are too.

== Learn about the Bible using SIGN LANGUAGE:==

American Sign Language:
http://www.jw.org/apps/E_QrYQZRQVNFVTr...

British Sign Language:
http://www.jw.org/apps/E_QrYQZRQVNFVTr...

Select another sign language:
http://www.jw.org/apps/E_QrYQFVTrFRYYNrT

aadriver

Since: Aug 09

Bedfordshire, England

#39 Sep 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds of thousands? LOL, I don't think so.
And of the VOCAL MINORITY of ex witnesses that inhabit the anti-JW hate sites I have found the vast majority of them to be compulsive liars.
<quoted text>
When I checked a story about that with the Simental case. I found it contained many untruths.
For example the elders told the judge that they did not think that the information they had should be considered confidential.
Therefore the elders clearly WANTED to be able to testify but they could not legally break their "privilege" unless the judge told them to.
But THAT story is never told is it?
You are an idiot Garath. They don't even have a clergy class until it is necessary to keep police from knowing the facts.
Those men were totally free to testify in a court of law. In fact the bible commands them to obey the law of the land.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#40 Sep 6, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
They are too.
== Learn about the Bible using SIGN LANGUAGE:==
American Sign Language:
http://www.jw.org/apps/E_QrYQZRQVNFVTr...
British Sign Language:
http://www.jw.org/apps/E_QrYQZRQVNFVTr...
Select another sign language:
http://www.jw.org/apps/E_QrYQFVTrFRYYNrT
Sorry Aneirin, but a few men's opinions on things does not the truth make. If that were the case, then Jim Jones would have been right to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrews 1:3 (and 2 and 1 and 4) 43 min jad2017 47
One burning question to all JWs 46 min rsss1 37
Is Jesus Coequal with the Father? 1 hr rsss1 1,283
Amplified Bible Matt 24:34 generation 1 hr Amplified Bible Q... 1
Why do few JW keep pets? (May '15) 1 hr curtjester1 52
News Why banning the Jehovah's Witnesses won't work ... 1 hr curtjester1 96
THANK YOU, churchoids, antichrists, apostates! 1 hr red blood relative 131
God Used To Have A Soul 1 hr wow 82
Are tattoos OK for JW's 4 hr Spike 135
Michael is A GOD? 7 hr Milo 44
More from around the web