WILL YOU HONOR the WICKED DEAD TOMORR...

WILL YOU HONOR the WICKED DEAD TOMORROW NIGHT?

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 26
Next Last

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 Oct 30, 2012
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Ancient-Classical-...

Expert: Irulan Serena - 11/1/2006

Question

I am writing you to ask your opinion of a certain connection that has been postulated by various religious groups. The standard argument is presented in essentially the same form (perhaps it is a quotation or a paraphrase from another book) and goes something like this:

"Holidays that bring honor to dead spirits are un-Christian because they have pagan roots and in fact began with the honoring of the wicked people who were destroyed by God in Noah's Flood.
Thus, Col. J. Garnier writes in his book, "The Worship of the Dead" (1904),

"The mythologies of all the ancient nations are interwoven with the events of the Deluge ... The force of this argument is illustrated by the fact of the observance of a great festival of the dead in commemoration of the event, not only by nations more or less in communication with each other, but by others widely separated, both by the ocean and by centuries of time.

This festival is, moreover, held by all on or about the very day on which, according to the Mosaic account, the Deluge took place, viz., the seventeenth day of the second month—the month nearly corresponding with our November."

*****
Jehovah destroyed the wicked people of Noah's day. How did a celebration to honor them develop and under whose influence?

Why is Halloween part of a Catholic "holy day"?
Eagleeyes LIES

Antigo, WI

#2 Oct 30, 2012
Look it everyone, they made up a Holiday just for carolyn/EE.
Halloween, the Only time where she legally can ride her broom "Drunk"!
a spell on you

Torrance, CA

#3 Oct 30, 2012
eagleeye2 wrote:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Anc ient-Classical-History-2715/Gr eat-Flood-Myth-Halloween.htm
Expert: Irulan Serena - 11/1/2006
Question
I am writing you to ask your opinion of a certain connection that has been postulated by various religious groups. The standard argument is presented in essentially the same form (perhaps it is a quotation or a paraphrase from another book) and goes something like this:
"Holidays that bring honor to dead spirits are un-Christian because they have pagan roots and in fact began with the honoring of the wicked people who were destroyed by God in Noah's Flood.
Thus, Col. J. Garnier writes in his book, "The Worship of the Dead" (1904),
"The mythologies of all the ancient nations are interwoven with the events of the Deluge ... The force of this argument is illustrated by the fact of the observance of a great festival of the dead in commemoration of the event, not only by nations more or less in communication with each other, but by others widely separated, both by the ocean and by centuries of time.
This festival is, moreover, held by all on or about the very day on which, according to the Mosaic account, the Deluge took place, viz., the seventeenth day of the second month—the month nearly corresponding with our November."
*****
Jehovah destroyed the wicked people of Noah's day. How did a celebration to honor them develop and under whose influence?
Why is Halloween part of a Catholic "holy day"?
Here is a spell to turn you into an old hag....

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake:
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and howlet's wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
man711

United States

#4 Oct 30, 2012
eagleeye2 wrote:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Anc ient-Classical-History-2715/Gr eat-Flood-Myth-Halloween.htm
Expert: Irulan Serena - 11/1/2006
Question
I am writing you to ask your opinion of a certain connection that has been postulated by various religious groups. The standard argument is presented in essentially the same form (perhaps it is a quotation or a paraphrase from another book) and goes something like this:
"Holidays that bring honor to dead spirits are un-Christian because they have pagan roots and in fact began with the honoring of the wicked people who were destroyed by God in Noah's Flood.
Thus, Col. J. Garnier writes in his book, "The Worship of the Dead" (1904),
"The mythologies of all the ancient nations are interwoven with the events of the Deluge ... The force of this argument is illustrated by the fact of the observance of a great festival of the dead in commemoration of the event, not only by nations more or less in communication with each other, but by others widely separated, both by the ocean and by centuries of time.
This festival is, moreover, held by all on or about the very day on which, according to the Mosaic account, the Deluge took place, viz., the seventeenth day of the second month—the month nearly corresponding with our November."
*****
Jehovah destroyed the wicked people of Noah's day. How did a celebration to honor them develop and under whose influence?
Why is Halloween part of a Catholic "holy day"?
I see they cannot refute what you post, only try to mock you. Very typical!

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#5 Oct 30, 2012
man711 wrote:
<quoted text>I see they cannot refute what you post, only try to mock you. Very typical!
Agreed. It is very revealing to see how the churches of apostate Christendom embrace this celebration and encourage it with their members and their children.

http://www.google.com/search...

It helps to distinguish true Christians from false and identify Babylon the Great as described in the Bible:

Revelation 18

. 2 And he cried out with a strong voice, saying:“She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a lurking place of every unclean exhalation and a lurking place of every unclean and hated bird!

4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say:“Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind.
a spell on you

Torrance, CA

#6 Oct 30, 2012
man711 wrote:
<quoted text>I see they cannot refute what you post, only try to mock you. Very typical!
That's it... Eureka.
A person who can't refute you will only mock you.
Isn't that right EE.

man711, you a an absolute genius.

Amazing deduction and reasoning abilities too.

where did you get so smart.

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#7 Oct 30, 2012

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#8 Oct 30, 2012
Prime

United States

#9 Oct 30, 2012
a spell on you wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a spell to turn you into an old hag....
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake:
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and howlet's wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
ROTFLMAO!

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#10 Oct 30, 2012
http://blogs.christianpost.com/real-eyes/hall...

Halloween: Third Highest Day on Satanic Calendar says Anton LaVey
by Stacey Dames


Does this calendar look familiar to you? It should.

>>>In a couple of days from now, Christians around the world will join hands with satanists, pagans, occultists and the like

in an attempt of one of the most insane, bizarre unions to ever hit the planet: Christianizing satanism.

Which, by the way, is impossible. But true, blood bought, born again Christians understand this.

Then we have this other group of folks. A group of people who would define themselves as Christians, yet rationalize the mingling of darkness with light.

So, in the quest to uncover the pagan day of Samhain (pronounced sow-en), which celebrates death, demons, ghosts, goblins, witches, werewolves, vampires, sacrifices, and all other things ungodly, I thought to look no further than Anton LaVey.

Anton LaVey is best known as the founder of the Church of Satan, creating LaVeyan Satanism, and of course, writing The Satanic Bible, which caused a storm of controversy, as well as more book sales.

In The Satanic Bible, LaVey writes,

"the two main Satanic holidays (after one's birthday),

are Walpurgisnacht and Halloween."
Prime

United States

#11 Oct 30, 2012
man711 wrote:
<quoted text>I see they cannot refute what you post, only try to mock you. Very typical!
Does refuting a jackass keep them from braying? Of course not!

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#12 Oct 30, 2012
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween#sect...

A more balanced look at Halloween's origins.

“LADY WARRIOR”

Since: Apr 11

THUG HUNTER

#13 Oct 30, 2012
The Niphilim were destroyed during the flood, after which the demons were cut off by Jehovah, never again to take on human form to have relations with earthly woman. Another reason for demons to honor and mourn their own destroyed during that time.
Prime

United States

#14 Oct 30, 2012
Crystal Chanda Cassadine wrote:
The Niphilim were destroyed during the flood, after which the demons were cut off by Jehovah, never again to take on human form to have relations with earthly woman. Another reason for demons to honor and mourn their own destroyed during that time.
Hey lardo, your cousins the nephilim, are they any relation to these niphilim?
man711

United States

#15 Oct 30, 2012
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. It is very revealing to see how the churches of apostate Christendom embrace this celebration and encourage it with their members and their children.
http://www.google.com/search...
It helps to distinguish true Christians from false and identify Babylon the Great as described in the Bible:
Revelation 18
. 2 And he cried out with a strong voice, saying:“She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a lurking place of every unclean exhalation and a lurking place of every unclean and hated bird!
4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say:“Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind.
LOL all they can do is make fools of themselves in trying to mock you. shows what they trulty are.

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#16 Oct 30, 2012
man711 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL all they can do is make fools of themselves in trying to mock you. shows what they trulty are.
I post for the humble, honest-hearted ones.

If I had read this material when I was a Baptist, I would have taken it to heart and not gone near this celebration.

If someone really loves God and Christ, they will respond with right action. The others are having their fun now. Too bad for them.

(Luke 6:25). . .“Woe, YOU who are laughing now, because YOU will mourn and weep.
MAMMON

United States

#17 Oct 30, 2012
Crystal Chanda Cassadine wrote:
The Niphilim were destroyed during the flood, after which the demons were cut off by Jehovah, never again to take on human form to have relations with earthly woman. Another reason for demons to honor and mourn their own destroyed during that time.
Weren't the Nephilims in the land of Cannon when the spies were sent in? Im on my phone so its hard to look up but Im pretty sure the flood didn't kill them.
oh no

Torrance, CA

#18 Oct 30, 2012
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I post for the humble, honest-hearted ones.
If I had read this material when I was a Baptist, I would have taken it to heart and not gone near this celebration.
If someone really loves God and Christ, they will respond with right action. The others are having their fun now. Too bad for them.
(Luke 6:25). . .“Woe, YOU who are laughing now, because YOU will mourn and weep.
Are you going to turn us into frogs?
Eagleeyes LIES

Antigo, WI

#19 Oct 30, 2012
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I post for the humble, honest-hearted ones.
If I had read this material when I was a Baptist, I would have taken it to heart and not gone near this celebration.
If someone really loves God and Christ, they will respond with right action. The others are having their fun now. Too bad for them.
(Luke 6:25). . .“Woe, YOU who are laughing now, because YOU will mourn and weep.
So why don't you explain to all of us here just why you do NOT respond "with the right action, if you claim to love God and his Son"?

Oh, By the way Carolyn, in case your too "DRunk" TO remember, did you forget you ARE Baptist!
MAMMON

United States

#20 Oct 30, 2012
Crystal Chanda Cassadine wrote:
The Niphilim were destroyed during the flood, after which the demons were cut off by Jehovah, never again to take on human form to have relations with earthly woman. Another reason for demons to honor and mourn their own destroyed during that time.
Yeah, you're wrong. Satan killed what 9 people, Jobs kids while he was doing a little bet with God? Satan bet Job would fold, God took the bet and gave him permission to kill his kids. That's the only people Satan killed in your bible. Now how many has God killed? The flood was kind of an overkill don't you think? Animals, plants and pretty much everything except the Nephilims. All Satan was saying to Adam was run buddy, God is a dik and you don't need him because he loves human sacrifice, he sent his only son to die. Nothing says love like letting your kid suffer and die.

How anyone can worship this crap is beyond me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 2 min Tony Price 77 1,785
About Time to Clear Good Ole' Ray Franz 2 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 13
YES- People WILL get OUT of HELL! 2 hr Liberated 2,380
DO the Meek inherit the Earth? (Nov '15) 6 hr pcloadletter 1,446
crisis of conscience copy rights 6 hr red blood relative 20
Prince's family wants NO involvement with JW me... 7 hr putasockinit 99
NWT is by far the best Bible 7 hr imagoodboy 696
News Purple Faith: Prince's Life as a Jehovah's Witness 11 hr Mega Rude 982
You know, churchoids- 12 hr Spike 136
More from around the web